(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 306.
#8301 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

On a side note, kudos for sticking with your crow avatar. You're sticking by your vow.

Always ready, willing, hopeful, eager, and able to fry that crow and eat it while you guys watch.

#8302 5 years ago
Dutch_Trump (resized).JPGDutch_Trump (resized).JPG
#8303 5 years ago

I claiming "fake news" on this.

there's no way the PotUS posted that. for one, it's a clear and concise tweet. second, aren't crepes and blintz part of his daily diet. I can't see him enforcing tariffs on his "comfort" foods

#8304 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I claiming "fake news" on this.
there's no way the PotUS posted that. for one, it's a clear and concise tweet. second, aren't crepes and blintz part of his daily diet. I can't see him enforcing tariffs on his "comfort" foods

There's an online generator for it - https://faketrumptweet.com/

#8305 5 years ago

What do the non-EAs think about the chances of this coming out in 2019?

#8307 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

What do the non-EAs think about the chances of this coming out in 2019?

I still believe that this game will get built at some point.

#8308 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I still believe that this game will get built at some point.

I'd like to agree with you, but I think the timeframe is at least 5 years out and will have to be made in the USA vs. the EU.

#8309 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I'd like to agree with you, but I think the timeframe is at least 5 years out and will have to be made in the USA vs. the EU.

It is question to build in China, with lower production cost (and then support the local economy).
Now I hope the Netherlands justice is way faster then in France, unless it will last 2-3 years at least
Now the DP/ARA dispute is submitted to the court, I think EA’s owners should assert their creditor status with a joint complaint.

#8310 5 years ago

Opps wrong thread, well not really, it's still GANE OVER.

I didn't see anyone that anyone verified the statement that Roger Sharpe is still envoled and that license is still available to DP as stated in that letter.

#8311 5 years ago

Pure speculation, loaded with assumptions:

ARA and DP settle out of court in November, with DP agreeing to give ARA a fixed payment on all future TBLs, say it works out to $500 per machine. ARA bows out of pinballl production forever and agrees to say something nice, once, about DP and forever remain silent about DP. DP releases a similar statement and can never say anything negative about ARA.

DP takes deposits for new machines, but money is held in escrow by a third party that releases monthly public stats on money received, held and paid out. Escrow money is released to Xytech /only/ if enough funds are raised to produce enough pins for Xytech to be satisfied to begin, say 50 orders for new pins. If enough funds for Xytech to make 50 pins are not raised by March of 2019, money is released back to the new customers and DP is done - ARA can auction off their 40 TBLs.

Xytech begins manufacturing in March 2019, first deliveries in July 2019 to new customers only. $500 per machine is held in escrow for ARA, and $500 per machine in escrow as a reserve to make prior buyers whole.

ARA holds their approximately 40 TBLs as collateral until 40 Xytech TBLs are sold and ARA has received $20,000, then begins releasing them to TBL for shipment in batches of ten as the $500 per machine squares up with ARA’s originally contracted price. Meaning if ARA’s build cost was $5000 per TBL, DP would receive the first ten machines after ARA receives $70,000, or 140 pins were sold. All ARA TBL’s go to customers who originally made deposits.

Using the escrow funds, every 10 that DP sells, Xytech receives funds from the escrow account and builds a game for people who have already purchased one. The escrow account remains in force until all old customers receive machines and ARA is made whole for all 40 TBLs. After this DP still continues to pay ARA $500 per TBL sold forever but no longer has to deal with an escrow account.

This scenario sucks for customers who already paid DP money (big time), sucks for DP, and sucks for ARA, but it gets ARA paid eventually with little risk to them, gets TBL’s made, reduces risk to all parties, nearly eliminates legal costs, and eventually makes everyone whole.

The numbers would have to be adjusted to fit reality, but I would jump at this deal if presented to me no matter whom I was (ARA, DP, Xytech, customer).

#8312 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Pure speculation, loaded with assumptions:
ARA and DP settle out of court in November, with DP agreeing to give ARA a fixed payment on all future TBLs, say it works out to $500 per machine. ARA bows out of pinballl production forever and agrees to say something nice, once, about DP and forever remain silent about DP. DP releases a similar statement and can never say anything negative about ARA.
DP takes deposits for new machines, but money is held in escrow by a third party that releases monthly public stats on money received, held and paid out. Escrow money is released to Xytech /only/ if enough funds are raised to produce enough pins for Xytech to be satisfied to begin, say 50 orders for new pins. If enough funds for Xytech to make 50 pins are not raised by March of 2019, money is released back to the new customers and DP is done - ARA can auction off their 40 TBLs.
Xytech begins manufacturing in March 2019, first deliveries in July 2019 to new customers only. $500 per machine is held in escrow for ARA, and $500 per machine in escrow as a reserve to make prior buyers whole.
ARA holds their approximately 40 TBLs as collateral until 40 Xytech TBLs are sold and ARA has received $20,000, then begins releasing them to TBL for shipment in batches of ten as the $500 per machine squares up with ARA’s originally contracted price. Meaning if ARA’s build cost was $5000 per TBL, DP would receive the first ten machines after ARA receives $70,000, or 140 pins were sold. All ARA TBL’s go to customers who originally made deposits.
Using the escrow funds, every 10 that DP sells, Xytech receives funds from the escrow account and builds a game for people who have already purchased one. The escrow account remains in force until all old customers receive machines and ARA is made whole for all 40 TBLs. After this DP still continues to pay ARA $500 per TBL sold forever but no longer has to deal with an escrow account.
This scenario sucks for customers who already paid DP money (big time), sucks for DP, and sucks for ARA, but it gets ARA paid eventually with little risk to them, gets TBL’s made, reduces risk to all parties, nearly eliminates legal costs, and eventually makes everyone whole.
The numbers would have to be adjusted to fit reality, but I would jump at this deal if presented to me no matter whom I was (ARA, DP, Xytech, customer).

Since we are making assumptions my theory will certainly (rightfully) be hated by most. DP should bow down to ARA and acknowledge they no nothing about business and take whatever percentage or offer they give to fulfill the original contract. (Here’s the hate part) To get the engines back online, take on 50 New buyers with ALL money going into ARA escrow at 10k per game and sell the existing goods. Take the say 50% profit from the the release of those games to fulfill the outstanding obligations to EA buyers and move forward with countless addition TBL’s which will flow again like a faucet wonce the industry sees progress again. If DP makes a buck or two time will tell but that should be the Last concern after this debacle.

#8313 5 years ago

Have they finished their holidays? Because nothing will happen until they get back from their holidays.

#8314 5 years ago

They should take out a loan, pay off area for the games sitting in boxes, ship them to the ea's and close shop. This trying to build games with new Money to eventually satisfy their obligations will never work. Game over.

#8315 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They should take out a loan, pay off area for the games sitting in boxes, ship them to the ea's and close shop. This trying to build games with new Money to eventually satisfy their obligations will never work. Game over.

So if they owe ARA 1.5 million. They take a loan, pay ARA 1.5 million, 40 early achievers get their games. DP in now 1.5 million further in debt and the rest of EA's get the shaft??? That would still leave 100 Early Achievers fucked. and DP would have to file bankruptcy. Not that they are not that far away from that already.

#8316 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Take a loan? which bank will lend money to insolvent people?
Except investors I can’t see how DP can inject money into the engine.

#8317 5 years ago

This thread is in an infinite loop

#8318 5 years ago

Is there any real update Since the EAs went underground? Any more newsletters?

#8319 5 years ago

Don’t you know it’s August? Vacation time, no updates.

#8320 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Take a loan? which bank will lend money to insolvent people?
Except investors I can’t see how DP can inject money into the engine.

In the United States, Call The Money Store: 1-800-Loan Yes. But don't ask for Phil....

#8321 5 years ago

Step 1, rip off your customers
Step 2 , build a pinball business

Simple

#8322 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This thread is in an infinite loop

TOTALLY! Thanks to all the demoralizing NIHILIST'S that log on to post game over and other nonsense to try and suck any air out of the ounce of hope people that are personally invested have left. Which, like every other useless post on this thread, is speculation. If I get my machine I'll look forward to telling all the rug pissers to suck it. This is not Nam... This aggression will not stand, man.

#8323 5 years ago

Check your email! DP update of some sort.

#8324 5 years ago

Post the update here, it’s not like it’s somehow confidential or under an NDA

#8325 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Post the update here, it’s not like it’s somehow confidential or under an NDA

Deja Vu:

Here is an update of the conversation that took place between our attorney and ARA's attorney.

The result of this first meeting is that there will be a second meeting to discuss more details about a possible solution for the situation. We find this promising.

We have indicated that despite our trust being damaged, we are open for a solution outside of the courtroom.

The attorneys have agreed that they will try to have contact within two or three weeks, so that they have time to discuss various solutions.

We will send an update as soon as we have more news.

All of our very best,

Barry and Jaap

#8326 5 years ago

Smells like billable hours.

#8327 5 years ago

Saddest part of all this is you can't tell if Rarehero's post is sardonic satire or the real thing.

#8328 5 years ago

Cannot help but think of this one...

consultingdemotivator (resized).jpegconsultingdemotivator (resized).jpeg
#8330 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The attorneys have agreed that they will try to have contact within two or three weeks, so that they have time to discuss various solutions.

All of our very best,

Barry and Jaap

A good way to totally F it all up. Get the lawyers involved.

#8331 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Saddest part of all this is you can't tell if Rarehero's post is sardonic satire or the real thing.

For real? Ok....

4185363C-2B5F-4AF6-99FF-34F0A5F71AAC (resized).png4185363C-2B5F-4AF6-99FF-34F0A5F71AAC (resized).png

Not sure why I’m still on their email list, but I am.

#8332 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For real? Ok....
[quoted image]
Not sure why I’m still on their email list, but I am.

I’m glad you still are.

#8333 5 years ago

Feel bad for guys that payed up front, anyone want to sell their full paid spot for $500?
$500 less you don't loose, and I roll the dice. Most likely I will loose too, but the thrill of it! priceless.

#8334 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Feel bad for guys that payed up front, anyone want to sell their full paid spot for $500?
$500 less you don't loose, and I roll the dice. Most likely I will loose too, but the thrill of it! priceless.

Damn. Pinside doesn't offer the emoticon I'd like to post in response.

#8335 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Deja Vu:
Here is an update of the conversation that took place between our attorney and ARA's attorney.
The result of this first meeting is that there will be a second meeting to discuss more details about a possible solution for the situation. We find this promising.
We have indicated that despite our trust being damaged, we are open for a solution outside of the courtroom.
All of our very best,
Barry and Jaap

Whilst it's impossible to tell, it does look a lot like they're being trolled. More legal fees. End sooner. ARA possibly avoid a court case and can do what ever the hell they want.

But let's hope not.

#8336 5 years ago

So basically...

"first meeting went absolutely nowhere. We are at an impasse but our attorneys convinced us to meet again and see if anything changes. They are going to spend the next 2-3 weeks milking us, attending high dollar lunches together on our dime laughing all the way through before setting a subsequent meeting date for us to again express how our feelings are hurt and probably get absolutely nowhere since we have no means to cough up anything to the table toward a meaningful mutual resolution to the issues."

#8337 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm pretty sure that you meant "lose" and not "loose." The latter word means what you're not with your money.

#8338 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Maybe Rare has another spot to sell to some sucker?

#8339 5 years ago

I was able to play TBL for the first time at the Alamo Drafthouse theater in San Francisco recently! Thanks to whomever put it on location for all to play! I liked it and hope these do end up being produced in the future.

#8340 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I offer the same deal, for $1000 no less!

#8341 5 years ago

Seems like the bond market here, first offer was 5¢ on the dollar, now we get one for 10¢ on the dollar....

#8342 5 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

I was able to play TBL for the first time at the Alamo Drafthouse theater in San Francisco recently! Thanks to whomever put it on location for all to play! I liked it and hope these do end up being produced in the future.

I played this yesterday. The rug doesn’t register and it’s tearing away from the rolling mech. The flippers aren’t strong enough to reliably make the ramps. The upper right flipper doesn’t work at all.

I’d still be interested in this damn game if they ever got their act together. Too bad.

#8343 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I played this yesterday. The rug doesn’t register and it’s tearing away from the rolling mech. The flippers aren’t strong enough to reliably make the ramps. The upper right flipper doesn’t work at all.
I’d still be interested in this damn game if they ever got their act together. Too bad.

Yeah, it had those issues you described but I'm not complaining since I was just happy to get the opportunity to even play one!

#8344 5 years ago

I was lucky enough to play one in perfect order to my hearts content on free play. That's probably the only time I wished I was a better player.

Fortunately someone at the later party was pretty good at it and I got to see The Dude's car get bashed by a pinball. I'm still laughing

Must have pin, but back to the subject of this thread

#8345 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Bummer, I was there a couple weeks ago and all was working well. Some older pins there where in need of maintenance, I wonder how well they take care of them, it's worrying TBL is a beauty, they shouldn't let it die.

#8346 5 years ago

Would anyone be willing to explain the sign in the background? I’m trying, but can’t find anything. It’s from Vancouver flipout.

FAF8DFDE-2F33-4246-A5F8-1EA23FD9C165 (resized).jpegFAF8DFDE-2F33-4246-A5F8-1EA23FD9C165 (resized).jpeg
#8347 5 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Would anyone be willing to explain the sign in the background? I’m trying, but can’t find anything. It’s from Vancouver flipout.
[quoted image]

That was Vancouver FlipOut 2016. I was there. Jaap did a Skype Seminar then and it was before the ARA news had broken and they were just behind schedule.

#8348 5 years ago

Thank you, I knew it was something simple.

#8349 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That was Vancouver FlipOut 2016. I was there. Jaap did a Skype Seminar then and it was before the ARA news had broken and they were just behind schedule.

Who do I wire my money to so I can get one of these machines?

( - ;

#8350 5 years ago

Me
Then you can have my spot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/167?hl=jb3d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.