(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 306.
#8251 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Anyone pay in full waiting?

About 130 of us paid in full and have been waiting for 4 years now.

#8252 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

About 130 of us paid in full and have been waiting for 4 years now.

Shit, I'm sorry to hear that guys.. Really hope this thing turns around for everyone.

#8253 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You like this thread so much, you should buy 2!

So I'll take that as confirmation the situation is no longer SNAFU and if FUBARd. Sending $$ now! Thanks RTR!

#8254 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

confirmation the situation is no longer SNAFU

Certainly confirmed. That's a game that was actually delivered to those that paid for it.

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg
#8255 5 years ago

Such a swingin' looking game too!

Snafu playfield (resized).jpgSnafu playfield (resized).jpg

I'd still rather have a TBL though.

#8256 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So I'll take that as confirmation the situation is no longer SNAFU and if FUBARd. Sending $$ now! Thanks RTR!

PM'd my PayPal information. Please send it friends and family.

#8257 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Certainly confirmed. That's a game that was actually delivered to those that paid for it.[quoted image]

Loving the Hot Rod theme!!

#8258 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

PM'd my PayPal information. Please send it friends and family.

Too late, I'm now looking for a SNAFU!

#8259 5 years ago

Thanks @yelobird. My TBL Bowling balls arrived. Very cool

#8260 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thanks yelobird. My TBL Bowling balls arrived. Very cool

Glad to see they arrived safely and Thank You for your support and interest in our products!

#8261 5 years ago

I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it. No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites. I don't know much about the business side of it with Dutch Pinball problems, but what an incredible game they've made, I hope it can get sorted out and mass production can start as I would definitely buy one.

#8262 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it.

How was it holding up? Everything functional? Any wear or broken parts?

#8263 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites.

What other pins are in your top 5 favorites list?

#8264 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How was it holding up? Everything functional? Any wear or broken parts?

It was fully functional, but I didn't test the bowling lane I didn't find how to launch the mode. The playfield didn't have any damage but the transparent glass on top of the bowling lane was very dirty, it made it hard to look under. I could totally take it home as is !

Quoted from ToucanF16:

What other pins are in your top 5 favorites list?

I think I have a fairly classic list, in no particular order :
Wizard of Oz
Star Trek TNG
Attack from Mars
Addam's family
And now The Big Lebovski who took the spot Dialed In used to have.

I haven't explored everything TBL has to offer, far from it but the music, the movies, Jesus, the rug, the upper playfield, the girls, alcohol, give me the money, everything on this machine screams genius work, play me more and endless laughter, it really is a one of its kind.

#8265 5 years ago

Is that at Alamo Drafthouse? I’m headed to SF in December and I’m really hoping the one the pinside map says is there, is still there.

Quoted from adol75:I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it. No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites. I don't know much about the business side of it with Dutch Pinball problems, but what an incredible game they've made, I hope it can get sorted out and mass production can start as I would definitely buy one.

#8266 5 years ago

for the big lebowski fan that has [almost] everything, an autographed copy of the movie script
https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/autographed-hollywood-scripts/autographed-script-the-big-lebowski

28326a39a9a74370000ea3f5395f6475_large (resized).jpg28326a39a9a74370000ea3f5395f6475_large (resized).jpg

#8267 5 years ago
Quoted from Snoogans138:

Is that at Alamo Drafthouse? I’m headed to SF in December and I’m really hoping the one the pinside map says is there, is still there.

Yes it's that one. That map is awesome, there is no way I would have found that game otherwise

#8268 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it. No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites. I don't know much about the business side of it with Dutch Pinball problems, but what an incredible game they've made, I hope it can get sorted out and mass production can start as I would definitely buy one.

I’m sure it has been already said so sorry to ask again but Is the code completed?

#8269 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I’m sure it has been already said so sorry to ask again but Is the code completed?

I don't know what the code is expected to be, but it looked fairly achieved as in every shot had an animation, was counting something and felt consistent in progressing in the game. It's really a fantastic game it would be awesome if a more serious manufacturer could take over and build more, I'd definitely buy one.

#8270 5 years ago

Games fantastic! Still have a deposit with coin taker who are great . But honestly I just don’t see this being done but I won’t pay 20k for any pinball period. I do have a nice collection and love my pins but I can’t throw money away. Congratulations too all TBL owners

#8271 5 years ago

The code is kind of complete except the "Dude Abides" mode which is the final and is not implemented yet. But there´s also a lot that could be done to make the game even more interesting because currently the points you can achieve are pretty much linear to your ball time. No really big shots that give you big points. Only one way to get an extra ball. But certainly more complete than some Stern games when they first come out.

#8272 5 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

The code is kind of complete except the "Dude Abides" mode which is the final and is not implemented yet. But there´s also a lot that could be done to make the game even more interesting because currently the points you can achieve are pretty much linear to your ball time. No really big shots that give you big points. Only one way to get an extra ball. But certainly more complete than some Stern games when they first come out.

I have never understood why they do not complete the code...unless the programmer is not paid or no longer part of the company.

#8273 5 years ago

I have never understood why they do not complete the code...unless the programmer is not paid or no longer part of the company.

Which is the case. He (Koen) is employed by others now, but (according to DP) will supposedly be available to improve the code in the future if the game moves forward.

FWIW, DP has also stated that the games that were to be manufactured by Xytech would have full code when shipped.

#8274 5 years ago

Yup. I know DP has planned to do a code update if shipping restarts with some polishing and final wizzard mode. Barry already prepared animations for this which will have to be put in the code. If shipping restarts Koen will be hired on a temp base to do this.

But, focus is on hardware production first.

#8275 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yup. I know DP has planned to do a code update if shipping restarts with some polishing and final wizzard mode. Barry already prepared animations for this which will have to be put in the code. If shipping restarts Koen will be hired on a temp base to do this.

Not sure how this makes sense? Why are future customers more important the Existing customers? So if they get hammered in court for poorly running there company they wont complete what they started? Why should lucky buyers that paid good money for a product have to see what the future holds for them to complete their product as promoted? Seems like they have had Years to at least finish what little they can to make a few people/supporters happy no?

#8276 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure how this makes sense? Why are future customers more important the Existing customers?

Again, it's all about the money. The company has no more money. Future customers bring in new money. Prepaid customers and present owners have no more money to give.

Do you suggest a software programmer work for free to enhance games that are already working and worth a lot of money when there is no chance of compensation from future sales ?

#8277 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure how this makes sense? Why are future customers more important the Existing customers? So if they get hammered in court for poorly running there company they wont complete what they started? Why should lucky buyers that paid good money for a product have to see what the future holds for them to complete their product as promoted? Seems like they have had Years to at least finish what little they can to make a few people/supporters happy no?

Don’t see how you can bash DP for this.. I’m still waiting on my GBLE Update from STERN! TBL is already more complete than a Stern game on release.

#8278 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Don’t see how you can bash DP for this.. I’m still waiting on my GBLE Update from STERN! TBL is already more complete than a Stern game on release.

Honestly did not intend to bash just seemed wrong to claim or state that they intended to finish it when they get what they want. Yes Stern is slow but at least the buyer received the product as purchased. Many would agree DP has not made that commitment.

#8279 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

TBL is already more complete than a Stern game on release.

Except , you know, DP aren't actually manufacturing them and have no plans to start and they have stollen thousands of dollars from customers. Ghostbusters is a fully functioning pinball in the hands of whoever wants to buy one. Comparing a late code update for a produced game to a company taking peoples money, lying to them, collapsing and leaving people without pinball machines they paid thousands for.... is bananas even in this forum in which people so desperate to not admit things have collapsed they have become untethered from reality. I guess everyone processes grief in their own way.

#8280 5 years ago

It’s not over till it’s over.

#8281 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Again, it's all about the money. The company has no more money. Future customers bring in new money. Prepaid customers and present owners have no more money to give.
Do you suggest a software programmer work for free to enhance games that are already working and worth a lot of money when there is no chance of compensation from future sales ?

They have had over 4 years to complete the code. The game is nothing like it was promised to be when we ordered it. Such a shame.

#8283 5 years ago

Who is Berry?

#8284 5 years ago

Because it is way-hard to get right. Witness AP & Houdini, still changing things 9 months after out-the-door.

#8285 5 years ago

You know - "Berry" from Delicious Products!

Dingle berries  (resized).jpgDingle berries (resized).jpg

#8286 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Because it is way-hard to get right. Witness AP & Houdini, still changing things 9 months after out-the-door.

Houdini code was great out the door. They keep making it better with more animations and callouts and improvements. They care about the game.

#8287 5 years ago

Wow....this thread... I'll say it...despite the nonsense and speculation and crying...I do think the remaining machines get built, and we'll know soon if ARA and DP come to a true compromise. Don't throw that crow out just yet... From a business owner that works with many manufacturing companies, ARA wants to get those machines and parts paid for, and there is a market...it's a beautiful pin.

#8288 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You know - "Berry" from Delicious Products!

Oh, I thought it was this:

fb (resized).jpgfb (resized).jpg

#8289 5 years ago

Berry is an imaginary character.
Any resemblance to real and actual names is purely coincidental.

#8290 5 years ago

Berry is an imaginary character.
Any resemblance to real and actual names is purely coincidental.

My Berry is a royal A-hole who stole everyones deposit money.

Your buddy “Barry” on the other hand can be described as open, honest, trustworthy, capable, forthcoming, god like, who only temporarily miss placed your money.
I am sure if Barry looks really hard in his checking account over the last 2 years he will find it and finsih the games.

Please please please tell your Barry he has taken to much responsibility, ownership of the fraud and thats not fair to him.

66B73F71-4E4C-45E2-A7BF-5C2D39E52690 (resized).png66B73F71-4E4C-45E2-A7BF-5C2D39E52690 (resized).png
#8291 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s not over till it’s over.

IMG_0505 (resized).JPGIMG_0505 (resized).JPG
#8292 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

My Berry is a royal A-hole who stole everyones deposit money.
Your buddy “Barry” on the other hand can be described as open, honest, trustworthy, capable, forthcoming, god like, who only temporarily miss placed your money.
I am sure if Barry looks really hard in his checking account over the last 2 years he will find it and finsih the games.
Please please please tell your Barry he has taken to much responsibility, ownership of the fraud and thats not fair to him. [quoted image]

« Your buddy Barry »?
I don’t know him and you missed totally the point of my comment!
So who is Berry?

#8293 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Focus is gathering all pre-order customers together to keep them from rightfully suing Dutch Pinball. In my opinion,of course.

#8294 5 years ago

Hey gang - I don't post on this thread very often now that we have the sweet, VIP, secret handshake thread with the hot tub and free drinks.

However, if you are an EA, we would really like for you to consider joining the private thread. We are discussing things of importance over there and would love to have your input.

PM Pinhead1982 for admittance.

#8295 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hey gang - I don't post on this thread very often now that we have the sweet, VIP, secret handshake thread with the hot tub and free drinks.
However, if you are an EA, we would really like for you to consider joining the private thread. We are discussing things of importance over there and would love to have your input.
PM pinhead1982 for admittance.

What he said!

#8296 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

...we have the sweet, VIP, secret handshake thread with the hot tub and free drinks.

I hear free chicken wings and pork shoulder too!

#8297 5 years ago

I would like to apologize for my previous Post, it is frankly none of my business. I wish all involved Parties a mutually profitable outcome.

#8298 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I would like to apologize for my previous Post, it is frankly none of my business. I wish all involved Parties a mutually profitable outcome.

You are a good guy for the follow up post, thank you.

#8299 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Also, since they invited an agitator like me to the group, no chance it stays civil, lol.

#8300 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Also, since they invited an agitator like me to the group, no chance it stays civil, lol.

On a side note, kudos for sticking with your crow avatar. You're sticking by your vow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/166?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.