(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 306.
#8201 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude, are you for real? I’m not taunting anyone. I don’t brag. There’s no secret. I told my story of the refund. I badgered then until they said “OK”. You know what my friend did? Badgered them until they said “OK”. We didn’t do anything special, didn’t expect it, were shocked when it happened, and are now relieved.
All I’ve done is wonder out loud why some get refunds while they send out emails that say “no refunds”.

Reminding everyone You and your friend got all your money back even now isn't Bragging to a forum full of onlookers that see the fate of doom looming regarding their investment? I must have missed your detailed formula for how this is done though I have seen many ask. Nobody wants to feel like a sucker but Surely nobody wants to be continuously reminded! Post a Step by step 1-10 who, when, how often, with contact info, which companies, license holders, etc step by step how you came out whole and I suspect you will have one of the Highest upvoted posts of this thread. You got your money what do you have to loose? I wasn't trying to poke you and kotos to you for figuring out a back door to make yourself solvent again but this thing is crashing and any lifeline would prove valuable even if for only a few. Trust that the captain won't be staying on that ship when it goes Bloop.

#8202 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Reminding everyone You and your friend got all your money back even now isn't Bragging to a forum full of onlookers that see the fate of doom looming regarding their investment? I must have missed your detailed formula for how this is done though I have seen many ask. Nobody wants to feel like a sucker but Surely nobody wants to be continuously reminded! Post a Step by step 1-10 who, when, how often, with contact info, which companies, license holders, etc step by step how you came out whole and I suspect you will have one of the Highest upvoted posts of this thread. You got your money what do you have to loose? I wasn't trying to poke you and kotos to you for figuring out a back door to make yourself solvent again but this thing is crashing and any lifeline would prove valuable even if for only a few. Trust that the captain won't be staying on that ship when it goes Bloop.

I gotta agree with Yelobird on this one RareHero. Badgering the hell out of someone can have a lot of different definitions to multiple people.
Was it you emailed them for 2 months straight everyday? Did you have your attorney draft a letter threatening a lawsuit?
Did you have a cousin that lives in the Netherlands stop by their office and demand a check?
Or was it a mixed bag of communication and exactly how many times did it take?
I dont think you're trying to brag but direct insight as to exactly what you did, how often, whom you communicated with, could be very valuable right now. It's Defcon 1.

#8203 5 years ago

Regarding the holiday... I emailed DP six days ago about a TBL PF and plastics set. Jaap responded in 12 hours asking about an address to calculate shipping. I answered in just over an hour. I haven't heard back. Guess their holiday started as soon as he sent his first email. Wonder if I'll ever get the playfield?

#8204 5 years ago

they told me they needed to print more plastics so there would be delay on shipment. larger demand than they expected.

#8205 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

they told me they needed to print more plastics so there would be delay on shipment. larger demand than they expected.

How long ago was that? I just hope to get a PF before they're gone!

#8206 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I gotta agree with Yelobird on this one RareHero. Badgering the hell out of someone can have a lot of different definitions to multiple people.
Was it you emailed them for 2 months straight everyday? Did you have your attorney draft a letter threatening a lawsuit?
Did you have a cousin that lives in the Netherlands stop by their office and demand a check?
Or was it a mixed bag of communication and exactly how many times did it take?
I dont think you're trying to brag but direct insight as to exactly what you did, how often, whom you communicated with, could be very valuable right now. It's Defcon 1.

I’ve already told the story in all its detail. It’s prob in this thread somewhere. If you can’t find it, I told the story on the podcast that shall not be named, episode “A Rare Refund”.

While I got my refund a year or so ago, I didn’t bring it up right now to brag - I brought it up because today’s update says “no refunds” and literally last weekend my friend texted me with “guess what, we got a refund!!!”

Sorry Yelobird...No one has fancy lawyers or did anything fascinating - and no one expected the result. Like I said, I brought it up because it just happened. Is this not relevant information in this ongoing saga? Should I not share relevant information in the future?

#8207 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Regarding the holiday... I emailed DP six days ago about a TBL PF and plastics set. Jaap responded in 12 hours asking about an address to calculate shipping. I answered in just over an hour. I haven't heard back. Guess their holiday started as soon as he sent his first email. Wonder if I'll ever get the playfield?

Probably having more made, like the plastics.

#8208 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

wtf? DP advertised spare parts for sale, took your money and then it turns out the plastics weren't run. Congrats on your parts Preorder. I thought preorder model was dead but now see DP has successfully applied this to their parts biz. Now we need to follow thread closely to see if you successfully get what you recently ordered. Glad I never bid on the engineering sample game now. Anybody know if a Pinsider was high bidder?

#8209 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry had to read back a bit but You sir took the ultimate roller coaster on this one so a salute to you. As number #52 you were literally an Inch from the exit. I am NOT making fun just totally understand your frustration a bit clearer. Dam. Sucks for all but you sir took the ultimate slap. I wish for all this amazing theme gets somehow across the finish line.

I beg to differ....

#8210 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

These European holidays are absolutely absurd!!!

Don't make hasty generalizations. I am on holidays from August 2 to August 12... (but I can't help with DP/ARA)

#8211 5 years ago

Has Toucanf16 paid yet?
I know I didn’t pay for my playfield until it was ready. I also know other Pinsider s who have enquired, paid NOTHING yet. And awaiting shipping calculation

#8212 5 years ago

Guys - let's at least agree on the holidays. The Dutch seem to have this right and we have fooled ourselves into somehow believing we deserve fewer holidays over here. That is absurd!!

I demand fewer holidays!!! Say that out loud a few times until you feel silly.

#8213 5 years ago

We Americans get fewer holidays work overtime with no compensation and our employers here take full advantage of it. When my company deals with our European friends they stop working at 5pm per their laws. If we had that model employers would be forced to staff properly instead of working us to death. Enough said.

#8214 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

We Americans get fewer holidays work overtime with no compensation and our employers here take full advantage of it. When my company deals with our European friends they stop working at 5pm per their laws. If we had that model employers would be forced to staff properly instead of working us to death. Enough said.

The sadly thruth... And then the "american problem" with health insurance....

But now btt: Don't shit on DP cause they are on vacation. They need some regeneration, for next hardest step with Ära. I hope DP can raise some funds to come up and bring the TBLs out to the EAs.
And maybe they can build some machines for new customers, so that I can buy a TBL in the future.

#8215 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I beg to differ....

Yep - I think that every EA that missed out on the second TBL shipment to North America because DP went with a smaller 20-game container instead of the previously planned larger 40-game container, got burned equally.

Your burn though RTR is a whole nuther level of pain.

#8216 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has Toucanf16 paid yet?
I know I didn’t pay for my playfield until it was ready. I also know other Pinsider s who have enquired, paid NOTHING yet. And awaiting shipping calculation

I haven’t paid. Still waiting on Jaap’s reply with a shipping quote.

#8217 5 years ago

EA ONLY FORUM is now up and running.

Please get in touch if you cannot get into the thread.

EA ONLY! thanks

#8218 5 years ago

Cannot find that thread

#8219 5 years ago

Well atleast we know it works then

Click on sub forum at top of list. Select Dutch Pinball and it will be there

#8220 5 years ago

Well I have followed this thread and machine from the beginning. I have never put in an order with anyone. I have been silent but very appreciative of any and all info that is shared here.

Seems like that will no longer be the case with the private forum/thread.

So I wish the ea's luck, and would say I'm still highly interested in this machine if it was ever cash and carry.

#8221 5 years ago

This thread will still be open. But as the original thread Members Only.. didn’t quite workout that way.

EAs might continue to post here. It’s just this way there won’t be 20+ posts to 1 EA post!

#8222 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is pretty much the exact quote I shared with Robin on my concerns and now that I understand the rules and limits of what you can discuss, I’m pretty sure you will fuck it up and this bad pinside idea will go away soon.

If anyone else feels the same I highly suggest you share your thoughts with Robin, especially if you are a + member

#8223 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

This is pretty much the exact quote I shared with Robin on my concerns and now that I understand the rules and limits of what you can discuss, I’m pretty sure you will fuck it up and this bad pinside idea will go away soon.
If anyone else feels the same I highly suggest you share your thoughts with Robin, especially if you are a + member

When making private threads / subforums came up last year, it was expressed then and he went ahead anyway ...

#8224 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

now that I understand the rules and limits of what you can discuss, I’m pretty sure you will fuck it up and this bad pinside idea will go away soon.

I don't see the subcategory listed and I assume it was designed to be hidden. Could you or someone explain how this private group will operated? Is there a link to how these groups will operate in general? What are the rules and limits?
Just curious. Thanks

#8225 5 years ago

So were the holidays that DP took in years past, paid holidays?

#8226 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

When making private threads / subforums came up last year, it was expressed then and he went ahead anyway ...

Agreed, so vote with your wallet and trust me if I don’t like something, I don’t “donate”.

#8227 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hmm, I'm an EA and I can't see this sub forum. Why didn't you add the EA's from the confirmed list that are posted in these very forums?

#8228 5 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

So were the holidays that DP took in years past, paid holidays?

Most of Europe operates on these models... where there is a lull period in the summer where nearly everyone takes their vacation time. It's culture that is both practical, and historical. For instance, in Norway the daycare centers close... so the parents have to watch their kids... so they take off work during that time too. When everyone is doing it.. everyone has the expectation that work slows or goes to 'essential' only, etc.

Some countries the period is usually July, others it can be later like August. The shutdown period is paid vacation... because they get a lot of vacation time period. For instance, in the netherlands, the minimum vacation is 4x the # of days worked per week. So a full time 5 day a week person is guaranteed at least 20 vacation days, plus holidays.

If you are an employee of a company on salary... these kinds of things are the norm. Just because we don't operate the same in the US, don't expect everywhere else to operate the same.

#8229 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Most of Europe operates on these models... where there is a lull period in the summer where nearly everyone takes their vacation time. It's culture that is both practical, and historical. For instance, in Norway the daycare centers close... so the parents have to watch their kids... so they take off work during that time too. When everyone is doing it.. everyone has the expectation that work slows or goes to 'essential' only, etc.
Some countries the period is usually July, others it can be later like August. The shutdown period is paid vacation... because they get a lot of vacation time period. For instance, in the netherlands, the minimum vacation is 4x the # of days worked per week. So a full time 5 day a week person is guaranteed at least 20 vacation days, plus holidays.
If you are an employee of a company on salary... these kinds of things are the norm. Just because we don't operate the same in the US, don't expect everywhere else to operate the same.

I vote we move to the European model!

#8230 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pretty accurate Flynnibus

On the other hand pension or retirement .... at the moment 68 and rising in the netherlands.... all pro’s and cons when you look at the whole package, compare medicalcare for instance (well as matter of fact lets not ... )

#8231 5 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Hmm, I'm an EA and I can't see this sub forum. Why didn't you add the EA's from the confirmed list that are posted in these very forums?

Some EAs have received refunds, some have sold their spot etc.. so I like to make sure.

I have had several NON EA contact me trying to get in to the forum.

#8232 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what is the current situation? Is it getting into production or not?
Thanks

#8233 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can someone tell me what is the current situation? Is it getting into production or not?
Thanks

ON HOLD pending resolution of legal suits between ARA and DP. Lawyers for both sides scheduled to meet 8/29.

Stay tuned.

#8234 5 years ago

The private forum is awesome. There are free refreshments - all the beer and chicken wings you can eat. Bean bag chairs, cool lighting and we get all the channels for free!

I am going to have another massage in a few minutes and then hit the sauna!!

#8235 5 years ago

Seriously though, if you are an EA, let pinhead1982 know so you can get in. But be patient - I don't think this is his full time job.

There is really nothing new to offer now, we are just getting organized, getting some thoughts out there.

#8236 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

The private forum is awesome. There are free refreshments - all the beer and chicken wings you can eat. Bean bag chairs, cool lighting and we get all the channels for free!
I am going to have another massage in a few minutes and then hit the sauna!!

Ought to be, you guys dumped enough cash in...

#8237 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Seriously though, if you are an EA, let pinhead1982 know so you can get in. But be patient - I don't think this is his full time job.
There is really nothing new to offer now, we are just getting organized, getting some thoughts out there.

I was wondering why the few EA machine for sale are sold for 20k. Nobody thinks in a positive denouement or is it because even if everything was fine the China building is a letdown quality factor that depreciates the machine?
Currently, does the game need a big code update to enjoy TBL experience?
And why ARA and/or DP have waited so long to bring the case to court?

#8238 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Thanks

SNAFU. Situation Normal, All eFFed Up.

#8239 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

SNAFU. Situation Normal, All eFFed Up.

We really miss posts like this in the private thread. But you can't have everything I guess.

Going back to the buffet, they have king crab legs today!

#8240 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

We really miss posts like this in the private thread. But you can't have everything I guess.

At least Roostking didn't say the EA's were all giving each other "hopeful handjobs trying to get their games" like He Who Shall Not Be Named said in his latest podcast.

So much for providing him an exclusive now. Gonna go to Head2Head instead. <cue Marty laugh recording>

#8241 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

RIGHT ON!

I've started spending the $10K that I didn't tithe to DP, as the Klingon's say: It is GLORIOUS!

#8242 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

RIGHT ON!
I've started spending the $10K that I didn't tithe to DP, as the Klingon's say: It is GLORIOUS!

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it - is it still annoying?

#8243 5 years ago

A ES own forum makes maybe sense, but please do not expect that you find there answers on your questions.
I understand that DP is bored to answer on pinside ... but they did not communicate with the community nor the EA ... do you think they will turn 180 degrees and start answering ..
I was in the owner forum for BoP 2.0 .. many questions and no answers ... thats DP politics.
At least they are so fair and tell us that the "sell" of too expensive playfields and stuff should bring some money in ... maybe for the lawyer , Ara will not be paied with this peanuts.
I still hope to get an TBL ... cash for pin .... its a great game but DP are all, but no businessman. See the BoP 2.0 .. they are several people willing to buy and wait for years ... this is dead capital !

#8244 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it - is it still annoying?

Too obscure for me

#8245 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

So it's not messed up? See how this is confusing to us? Should I buy a game now since all is good.

#8246 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So it's not messed up? See how this is confusing to us? Should I buy a game now since all is good.

I am sure there are plenty of us willing to sell you our pre-order.

#8247 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I am sure there are plenty of us willing to sell you our pre-order.

I'll wait and see if RTR proclaims that the situation is not still SNAFU. My gut feeling is that I won't be buying one...

#8248 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'll wait and see if RTR proclaims that the situation is not still SNAFU. My gut feeling is that I won't be buying one...

My gut feeling is that no more will ever be made.

#8249 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You like this thread so much, you should buy 2!

#8250 5 years ago

Anyone pay in full waiting?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.