(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 306.
#8101 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK.. so I have contacted Robin regarding a closed forum for EA only. No one else.

So you want him to design another website completely just for you and a few other people? GLWT!

#8102 5 years ago

If EAs send
full name
TBL Serial Number
Proof of number- picture

[email protected]

#8103 5 years ago

Odin

Robin was ALREADY working on this.. it is near completion and he was thinking the same as me that it would benefit situations like this.

There was also a small charge.. donate and become a Pinside+ member.. no sweat I won’t be setting up a GFM to get it back..

#8104 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Odin

Robin was ALREADY working on this.. it is near completion and he was thinking the same as me that it would benefit situations like this.

I guess if it it is a separate website and doesn't appear on the pinside forum, then you won't have a bunch of other people crying for their own locked club threads. "I got ripped off by skit-b, members only"

#8105 5 years ago

It is a locked forum. Only visible and accessible by the people that are put on it by the OP.

Don’t think others can even see it on the forum list.

#8106 5 years ago

It's not only the EAs that have a vested interest in how this turns out. There are many in the community that are interested in purchasing TBL or want the latest news on DP and the manufacturing situation. Why not keep the information available for all interested parties?

#8107 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess if it it is a separate website and doesn't appear on the pinside forum, then you won't have a bunch of other people crying for their own locked club threads. "I got ripped off by skit-b, members only"

No need for a separate website, just a regular forum topic that restricts who can access it. Kind of like a topic in which everyone has a thread eject except EA’s.

The guys at Aussie Arcade have just set one up for those that pre-ordered Thunderbirds. Makes sense.

#8108 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No need for a separate website, just a regular forum topic that restricts who can access it. Kind of like a topic in which everyone has a thread eject except EA’s.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Of course not just one, but one for anybody that starts a topic that he or she would like to decide who can participate or not. That is sure to make this a much better place.

#8109 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

... or want the latest news on DP and the manufacturing situation.

I'm sure there will be someone in that group that will share here. Let's test it out and see if it works:

NO CHANGE

NO CHANGE

NO CHANGE

Yup, good to go.

#8110 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

It's not only the EAs that have a vested interest in how this turns out. There are many in the community that are interested in purchasing TBL or want the latest news on DP and the manufacturing situation. Why not keep the information available for all interested parties?

As it stands right now, it is the EAs that have put money into DP.
Sure people have an interest in it, some good, and bad, some constructive and some far from constructive.
No one wants DP to go down, for TBL not to be made. It is, in my opinion a cracking game that could be one of the best.. with that being said it is not right with how DP are going about certain things.

This forum is for the people who have a right to know what’s going on, as ultimately the people who funded DP.
If you want in then please feel free to pony up $10K with as yet no concrete answer to if you will get a game.. want to do that.. I don’t think so.
Only know that if TBL is produced then not only will the EA games be built but enough to satisfy demand.. that is the goal.

#8111 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, that makes sense.
Of course not just one, but one for anybody that starts a topic that he or she would like to decide who can participate or not. That is sure to make this a much better place.

It's likely a very bad idea except in exceptional circumstances, as was discussed last year.

If it's unrestricted, you'll likely see the worst kind of echo chambers and shilling, with bad news suppressed even more than it has been in the past.

#8112 5 years ago

A forum for the Illuminati.

#8113 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

If EAs send
full name
TBL Serial Number
Proof of number- picture
[email protected]

You can invite me to the private forum, But why do you need my personal information? I am on the list of EA's in the previous thread with my true serial number.

#8114 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's likely a very bad idea except in exceptional circumstances, as was discussed last year.
If it's unrestricted, you'll likely see the worst kind of echo chambers and shilling, with bad news suppressed even more than it has been in the past.

I suppose they could have a locked j-pop customer support group thread as well. Only weepers and lynch mobbers welcome!

#8115 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

He was already working on this so over the next few days. All the EA interested in sorting the shit out let’s get together in this forum to discuss what we can do.

The way it works is that the OP adds who they want in the forum. Please could EAs send me their name and proof of being an EA.. maybe your True Serial Email..

The private Jpop group that we formed allowed a couple of outsiders to join. I selected them for various reasons and their unbiased council was valuable and still appreciated by me today. (Thanks again, Bruce)
I would suggest that your group consider asking rubberducks to join based on his knowledge and past comments in this thread and elsewhere on Pinside. I only know him from this forum but I have learned to highly regard his well reasoned thoughts and you may agree.

The group is a great idea and I wish you all the very best.

#8116 5 years ago

While taking this topic private won’t be a favorite for some that is actually a smart play as any hope of figuring out a lawsuit type attach would be best done outside of DP’s eyes and a few of their defending BFF’s that lurk on this thread. The best attack is a surprise attack. I sincerely hope the EA’s can formulate some type of plan to recover Some lose and put this comical group of Madolph shills to the ground for good.

#8117 5 years ago

Now there's a club I'm glad that I don't qualify to be a member of....

#8118 5 years ago

image104 (resized).jpgimage104 (resized).jpg

#8119 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They're back .... https://www.gofundme.com/seattle-seven Hi Barry and Jaap (Seattle 7)
Status #2 Jul 18 - 4 days since last update. Donations have hardly budged, increasing the pot to 1/750th of the way to goal. Still forecasting a shutdown of the gofundme by September.

These guys have no shame.

#8120 5 years ago

Who cares if the have a private forum? Good luck and I hope it works out! I'd love a TBL in the future!!

#8121 5 years ago

I am only a person with $1000 in with Nitro, $0 with DP. While I would like to continue to follow this drama, it makes a lot of sense for EAs to have their own private thread for discussion as they are certainly in a different position than I am on this.

Good luck to all of the EAs on this. Any tidbits that can be posted in this forum would be greatly appreciated.

#8122 5 years ago

I provided my EA number when I first joined forum and I thought this one was supposed to be for EA's only. I am NOT going to share my email with you from DP with my serial number. It's the only proof of purchase I have from DP. I don't know any of you, so how could I trust that you're not going to steal my purchase info and steal my place in line. If there is public news it should come from DP and be shared for all and not in some private forum. If you want a list of EA's either get it from the list started here or get an email list directly from DP.

#8123 5 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

I provided my EA number when I first joined forum and I thought this one was supposed to be for EA's only. I am NOT going to share my email with you from DP with my serial number. It's the only proof of purchase I have from DP. I don't know any of you, so how could I trust that you're not going to steal my purchase info and steal my place in line. If there is public news it should come from DP and be shared for all and not in some private forum. If you want a list of EA's either get it from the list started here or get an email list directly from DP.

Don’t think you have to worry about anyone stealing your place in line as the line is now gone and the parks closed.

#8124 5 years ago

Good luck!

wonderful_life (resized).jpgwonderful_life (resized).jpg
#8125 5 years ago

Actually transworld travel (including multiple trips to China).

Good analogy though - ARA is the new Mr. Potter!

#8126 5 years ago

Waiting on Robin to release the Closed Forum.

Had a good response so far. But there are still more EA out there.

Contacted DP for an opening statement..

#8127 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Waiting on Robin to release the nes Closed Forum.

I'm waiting on him to release the sega closed forum myself.

#8129 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t think you have to worry about anyone stealing your place in line as the line is now gone and the parks closed.

sorry_folks_parks_closed_by_rossradiation-d8h8aiv (resized).jpgsorry_folks_parks_closed_by_rossradiation-d8h8aiv (resized).jpg
#8130 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I feel for you guys.. what will you spend your time doing after this thread is gone.

#8131 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I would ask that all EAs- with numbers PM me with response to putting new € into this. Just to gage support and amount that could be raised.
Then go looking to speak with DP about proposal of cash injection and how it would be utilised, getting production going and getting the games.

Anyone that decides they are going to add more money into this bullshit has to be on fucking drugs.

#8132 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I feel for you guys.. what will you spend your time doing after this thread is gone.

I was already permanently kicked out of the j-pop thread, so when this one dies it's on to deeproot I guess.

#8133 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I honestly feel for you guys who have been screwed out of your money/machine. However, throwing more money at DP is not the answer. Good luck.

#8134 5 years ago

Hi There! Any good news?

#8135 5 years ago

if the gofundme was asking for 500k euros to cover lawyer fees, can we assume thats how far they are in the hole? if so, that does not bode well.

#8136 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hi There! Any good news?

Dude, this is the TBL thread .. remember ...

#8137 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hi There! Any good news?

Someone make the Geico joke please, I don't have the energy.

#8138 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Someone make the Geico joke please, I don't have the energy.

Wasn't ringing a bell so I had to check it out. I presume you mean this one:

#8139 5 years ago

I think you will find the $500euro is what is needed to payout ARA for what is owed and games in their possession.

Then plan is sell them for $20k each which would get $600k us back, then proceed with new production in china.

Only problem is them raising $500k euro? Any billionaires out there?

#8140 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think you will find the $500euro is what is needed to payout ARA for what is owed and games in their possession.
Then plan is sell them for $20k each which would get $600k us back, then proceed with new production in china.

You think there's 50 people out there that would pay $20k for one?

I think a few would but I don't think 20.

QSS

#8141 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

You think there's 50 people out there that would pay $20k for one?QSS

Look at the interest here in a corpse - They would sell a bunch. Many see the value as twice that of a $10K machine IMHO

#8142 5 years ago

Here we go speculating again..

#8143 5 years ago

DP's goal appears to be raise an unsecured $600k based on people's charity. This money will not be used to pay for 40 hostage games. No the money is for legal fees, and remember in Dutch courts the loser pays for winners legal fees, so they need will need twice as much money. If DP used the funds to buy the games from ARA, they would need to ship them to EA's, not resell them a second time. That is what they should do. I don't know if shipping this number of units will allow them to satisfy all preorders, but it might be close.

DP would need another $600k to $1M to start production imo, there are lots of upfront costs and production to be floated until new sales can be collected. For that kind of capital they need to win any lawsuits and collect the judgements. Part of that ruling might include the judge telling ARA to go fu@k themselves and to destroy the games. DP doesn't want those games shipped, and they are not your friend. They want those games gone so their new venture can produce them. DP would never voluntarily strike a deal with ARA based on their history. But without new investment or a judgement against ARA, production at Xytech won't be starting anytime soon. So if Xytech appears to be starting up, remember it is only a ruse.

#8145 5 years ago

DP doesn't want those games shipped, and they are not your friend.

I feel the truth is finally being revealed and becoming clear to those on the edge. In every lawsuit certain "Unofficial Company shills" come into play,which is only natural concerning the stakes involved.
My take is it would be best if ARA gained rights from DP to settle said claim, this would free them to produce some new machines from parts, release some machines complete already assembled, and possibly manufacture new machines with the freedom the License would provide.
Thats about the best you could ask for at this point.

#8146 5 years ago

Off base and miracle type curiosity. IF a miracle happened and DP won the lawsuit AND they won a lottery to pay for and release the 40 games hostage would the EA’s have an issue accepting a game with the now obsolete internals and boards? Seems like they abandoned the old setup for a reason but I am only Assuming that! Personally I would take anything they had but the question is still valid.

#8147 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I feel the truth is finally being revealed

ttiot (resized).jpgttiot (resized).jpg
#8148 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here we go speculating again..

If only you knew what I know, if you knew 1% of what I know it would blow your mind?

#8149 5 years ago

This money will not be used to pay for 40 hostage games. ... If DP used the funds to buy the games from ARA, they would need to ship them to EA's, not resell them a second time. That is what they should do. I don't know if shipping this number of units will allow them to satisfy all preorders, but it might be close.

Unfortunately, not close as there are supposedly 200 (fully paid) EA's and only 50 or so (including some in Europe) received their TBL game.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Off base and miracle type curiosity. IF a miracle happened and DP won the lawsuit AND they won a lottery to pay for and release the 40 games hostage would the EA’s have an issue accepting a game with the now obsolete internals and boards? Seems like they abandoned the old setup for a reason but I am only Assuming that! Personally I would take anything they had but the question is still valid.

Speaking as EA #59, I would.

#8150 5 years ago

Aren't these games already paid for by EA's?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.