(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 306.
#7801 5 years ago

And here is their response:

Dear David,

Dude...there is an unspoken message here. You're over the line and your aggression will not stand. Obviously, you're not a golfer.

We can't be worried about that sh*t; life goes on man.
Don't worry Dude. We will get you your TBL and tie the room together as soon as we can. In the meantime, just sit back, take a deep breath, and say "f*ck it -- let's go bowling" while we work it out with ARA.

And a good new year to you sir!

Your favorite Dude,
Jaap

#7802 5 years ago

Fantastic.. 10 posts along and there will be outrage again when someone makes truth of this fake reply..

Trench warfare... Carry on

Quoted from highdef:

Dear David,
Dude...there is an unspoken message here. You're over the line and your aggression will not stand. Obviously, you're not a golfer.
Don't worry Dude. We will get you your TBL and tie the room together as soon as we can. In the meantime, just sit back, take a deep breath, and say "f*ck it -- let's go bowling" while we work it out with ARA.
Your favorite Dude,
Jaap

#7803 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Dear David,
Your favorite Dude,
Jaap

Before it blows up- yes highdef has posted a fake reply- will report back IF & when I get a reply

#7804 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Before it blows up- yes highdef has posted a fake reply- will report back IF & when I get a reply

I actually found the reply funny and Sadly believable!

#7805 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Fantastic.. 10 posts along and there will be outrage again when someone makes truth of this fake reply..
Trench warfare... Carry on

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is the insulting response I got when I asked for a refund. How is it any different?

Screenshot_20180622-140713_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180622-140713_Gmail (resized).jpg

Some of you need to climb down off DP's nuts. You're swinging on them like Tarzan.

#7806 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I actually found the reply funny and Sadly believable!

Sad in both cases, but each their own.

#7807 5 years ago

With such a reply , I expect you started your refund request like you ended your post to me... with an insult

Quoted from highdef:

This is the insulting response I got when I asked for a refund. How is it any different?

Some of you need to climb down off DP's nuts. You're swinging on them like Tarzan.

#7808 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

With such a reply , I expect you started your refund request like you ended your post to me... with an insult

You are sadly mistaken. I've shared the correspondence with a few Pinsiders and not one person has said I am in the wrong. I could share more but it's pointless. Have fun donating to their GoF*ckMe fund. Better yet, why don't you do some shopping on the DP store? Perhaps you can score an empty TBL carton or one of the screwdrivers used during assembly. They may also sell you the underwear Barry wore during his trip(s) to China.

#7809 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip, that underwear sounds tempting..

Ni-hao, dude!

#7810 5 years ago

Is marijuana legal in Seattle?

#7811 5 years ago

DP would have to be a lot more forthcoming with information before I would give them another Euro.

I cannot believe people are talking about giving them more money without some serious transparency and assurances (checks by 3rd parties) from them. Start with showing us ARA's suit. Then their current financials. Assurances that the Universal licensing is not in jeopardy. Then a complete accounting of WHERE ALL THE MONEY WE ALREADY SENT THEM WENT.

Then we could sit down and have a calm discussion about the future.

#7812 5 years ago

All we need is another $300k to get to the gold.

Gotta keep digging. Almost there!

#7813 5 years ago

This reads like a letter from a Dutch Prince who has a pinball machine for you and all you have to do is.....

https://images.pinside.com/2/92/29243fc1bdf081ede40496224a9b349f3368964b/resized/large/29243fc1bdf081ede40496224a9b349f3368964b.jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7814 5 years ago

Unreal, the only move they have left is a cardboard sign and a local off ramp to get a last few nickels of free life support. Sad and absolutely No sense how to run a business.

#7815 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Wow... Didn't see this one coming... Now a Kickstarter too? Maybe TBL will come with a rug and a Stern coffee table book..?

The Seattle Seven. That was EternalLife ... and six other guys.

Quoted from EternalLife:

That being said, we're forming the "Seattle Seven". We are EA's brainstorming ways to end ARA involvement in TBL and restart the line.

#7816 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unreal, the only move they have left is a cardboard sign and a local off ramp to get a last few nickels of free life support. Sad and absolutely No sense how to run a business.

Go Fund Me (resized).jpgGo Fund Me (resized).jpg
#7817 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The Seattle Seven. That was EternalLife ... and six other guys.

I suppose this makes me a member of "The Frankfurt Fifty," which is a group who wants off this merry-go-round.

#7818 5 years ago

I live in Seattle, but am definitely not in the "Seven". While I'd consider paying more than the $8,500 I've already invested if it means ACTUALLY getting my TBL, I'm with RTR in that there's no way I'll do so unless DP becomes fully financially transparent and provides a solid business plan to salvage this venture. Imagine that - working with TBL investors to achieve a collective viable solution to getting the game built rather than operating in the near dark and continually making unfulfilled promises!

Until that happens though:

No financial details = NO MORE MONEY from me

#7819 5 years ago

seems like in this case if there really were people wanting to put more money in on this to see it out... it would be better to go about being actual investors vs gofundme so you get to see the books, etc.. gofundme just allows more of the same behavior to happen.

#7820 5 years ago

Will anyone admit to being in the “Seattle Seven” and explain the logic? There’s no doubt most of all of them are on pinside and likely read and post in this thread...

#7821 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Will anyone admit to being in the “Seattle Seven” and explain the logic? There’s no doubt most of all of them are on pinside and likely read and post in this thread...

No, if there is actually a Seattle 7. Now if there is a Seattle 7, I could totally see them falling for this shit lol.

#7822 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Will anyone admit to being in the “Seattle Seven” and explain the logic?

I hate to be the one to say it, but there is no logic.

#7823 5 years ago

A Seattle 7 would make more sense if they saw the business potential and ponied up a lifeline, not just come up with an idea to do a gofundme.

#7824 5 years ago

Maybe Otaku could help DP with their business plan. I've heard he's real good at the maths.

#7825 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Maybe Otaku could help DP with their business plan. I've heard he's real good at the maths.

miracle2 (resized).jpgmiracle2 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7826 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Form a consortium with Otaku and Enron, that would be an unstoppable team ) - :

#7827 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Form a consortium with Otaku and Enron, that would be an unstoppable team ) - :

Full game support by weyland yutani might really juice sales.

#7828 5 years ago
go fund me (resized).jpggo fund me (resized).jpg
#7829 5 years ago

I think DP actually made good on one of their original promises from 2014! I know my balls are now good n drained...and no happy ending either

Dutch pinball (resized).jpgDutch pinball (resized).jpg
#7830 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Also get mama Kulek on the "Legal" team.

#7831 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

The gofundme is going well, depending on what base numbering system you use....

#7832 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The gofundme is going well, depending on what base numbering system you use....

... this one isn't going so well. All he needs to reach his dream is that one $10k donation.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7833 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... this one isn't going so well. All he needs to reach his dream is that one $10k donation.

All he needs is a paper route to get to that goal. Oops, no newspaper routes for kids anymore!

#7834 5 years ago

Deadroot mention Dutch Pinball a few times in the new interview on This Week in Pinball. Not sure quite what to make of deeproot at this point, but worth a read.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/

#7835 5 years ago

Cleaning out my old closest, found this.

What an innocent age that was (and a really cool party!)

IMG_20180628_134600 (resized).jpgIMG_20180628_134600 (resized).jpg
#7836 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(and a really cool party!)

(and a colossal waste of money!)

#7837 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cleaning out my old closest, found this.
What an innocent age that was (and a really cool party!)

Hope you drank 10k worth of beer!

#7838 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hope you drank 10k worth of beer!

Dude ... please. "Caucasians" were served.

#7841 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Interesting points that have finally come to light. Thanks for sharing. I think all EAs should read it.

From the article:

TWIP: You mention that you’ve had private conversations with Pinball Bros. and Dutch Pinball, and that it is clear to deeproot that they will not deliver on their promises while profiting off the bargain. Can you explain what you mean by that?

RM: That was what was conveyed to me. And I don’t think that that revelation is going to be a surprise to anyone. While I don’t know what is in their heart, (in both conversations) when asked if they would let deeproot take over the obligation without profiting themselves, both said they would not. I wasn’t ok with it during the conversation, and I am not ok with it now. I hope both companies reverse course, but it might be that neither have the financial ability or motivation to do so.

My response:

If this is true, then this would be a huge departure from what DP has been saying and promising. The promise to deliver games. I, for one, would be one of the first to ask for their heads if this is true. I can deal with hearsay and rumors all day, but actual conversations of this type make my blood boil.

#7842 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I can deal with hearsay and rumors all day, but actual conversations of this type make my blood boil.

I agree. I give him credit for throwing the offer out there, even if it means just a slight discount off his game(s). He seems to have little or no faith in DP to deliver and I'm sure he's had significant discussions with them.

#7843 5 years ago

IMHO the deeproot guy has been a blowhard since day one so id take anything he says with giant grain of salt

#7844 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

IMHO the deeproot guy has been a blowhard since day one so id take anything he says with giant grain of salt

I get why'd you feel that way, but the same could be said for DP. We really don't know, but they have given us reason to take what they say with a grain of salt too.

#7845 5 years ago

Auction for the Sample Game has closed.

#7846 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Now the wait to see how much someone bid for it and how complete it is.

#7847 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I get why'd you feel that way, but the same could be said for DP. We really don't know, but they have given us reason to take what they say with a grain of salt too.

don't disagree

#7848 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Wait, they went ahead and did that, already?? I thought it was just a "proposal"? Did they at least privately / exclusively reach out to the EA's and others in line and say "hey we know this sucks but at least this is your last near shot?"

OVER THE LINE if they did not...

#7849 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Wait, they went ahead and did that, already?? I thought it was just a "proposal"? Did they at least privately / exclusively reach out to the EA's and others in line and say "hey we know this sucks but at least this is your last near shot?"
OVER THE LINE if they did not...

its was pretty clear in the email they sent out

#7850 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Where can we follow this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.