(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 306.
#7751 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pls state proof of this. According to DP this is pure nonsense. No recent refunds are given and Universal didn’t care about the pre order model. So pls proof DP is lying and shut me up or stop telling this unsupported nonsense and make your apologies to the readers for wasting their time.

I rarely agree with Rensh on this thread, but this time I do. Put up or shut up.

#7752 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Actually, I shouldn't post that because of the cussing. It was the scene from Pulp Fiction when Marsellas tells Butch about pride might mess with you, but F pride.

He gets told not to ever mention what he has seen previously too...

#7753 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pls state proof of this. According to DP this is pure nonsense. No recent refunds are given and Universal didn’t care about the pre order model. So pls proof DP is lying and shut me up or stop telling this unsupported nonsense and make your apologies to the readers for wasting their time.

As someone who had a license with universal I can tell you the DP license is game over, the damage they have done, they also haven't paid all the license fees

Put up or shut up, have DP show their investors who paid them the books, showing where the money is and what it has been spent on.

Mortgage their homes and pay people back or file bankruptcy and it will come out

How about a legal fund to help hire a Lawyer, I will start off with $1,000 to donate.

#7754 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

As someone who had a license with universal I can tell you the DP license is game over, the damage they have done, they also haven't paid all the license fees
Put up or shut up, have DP show their investors who paid them the books, showing where the money is and what it has been spent on.
Mortgage their homes and pay people back or file bankruptcy and it will come out
How about a legal fund to help hire a Lawyer, I will start off with $1,000 to donate.

As I thought, no proof. And to divert attention another unproven accusation is made in regard to licensing. I am sure Roger Sharpe would be very interested in hearing from you and seeing your proof. Roger Sharpe has repeatedly stated license is OK. And if you think Roger Sharpe would cover for DP and set his reputation at stake for DP ......

Man, coming back to this thread after two weeks of rest is hard. People stating things as if they are true without any proof doesn’t make life more easy.

I suspect you aren’t even an EA as I don’t see you on the list but that list is incomplete so can’t be sure.

#7755 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Roger Sharpe has repeatedly stated license is OK. And if you think Roger Sharpe would cover for DP and set his reputation at stake for DP ......

When was the last time Mr. Sharpe indicated the license is/was "OK?"

#7756 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Guys - I hate to break this news, but the license is the least of our worries at the moment.

It's like being robbed at gun point and wondering if the robber has a gun license.

#7757 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Guys - I hate to break this news, but the license is the least of our worries at the moment.
It's like being robbed at gun point and wondering if the robber has a gun license.

The licensor (Universal) may be our only hope in smacking some sense into DP (ie, their refusal of refunds, unconfirmed delivery dates). No one else (including ARA) seems to "intimidate" DP, so I welcome Universal's input/point-of-view on this illegal "wait-and-see" sh*t show.

#7758 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The licensor (Universal) may be our only hope in smacking some sense into DP (ie, their refusal of refunds, unconfirmed delivery dates). No one else (including ARA) seems to "intimidate" DP, so I welcome Universal's input/point-of-view on this illegal "wait-and-see" sh*t show.

Let me try this another way. DP ain't got no money. It doesn't matter if they have the license or not. They can't afford to build our machines.

They had a shot at it about 1.5 years ago, but decided to walk away from an ARA contract, live off our money, visit China, go to a few more pinball shows, redesign an already built TBL, etc.

This is a dead parrot.

#7759 5 years ago

Good luck with that.

According to the document rarehero posted (about 15 pages back), the company Dutch Pinball BV is owned by another company (Driessen Nauta Holding B.V.).
Dutch Pinball only has a capital of 100 euro. Yes, 100 euro. DP is an empty box.

I have no idea what the situation is of Driessen Nauta Holding BV. Maybe it is also an almost empty company.
It adds a layer of protection so getting to any of the owners / investors / .. own properties like their houses is going to be difficult.

#7760 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Let me try this another way. DP ain't got no money. It doesn't matter if they have the license or not. They can't afford to build our machines.
They had a shot at it about 1.5 years ago, but decided to walk away from an ARA contract, live off our money, visit China, go to a few more pinball shows, redesign an already built TBL, etc.
This is a dead parrot.

No kidding? Try telling me something I don't know.

#7761 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Good luck with that.
According to the document rarehero posted (about 15 pages back), the company Dutch Pinball BV is owned by another company (Driessen Nauta Holding B.V.).
Dutch Pinball only has a capital of 100 euro. Yes, 100 euro. DP is an empty box.
I have no idea what the situation is of Driessen Nauta Holding BV. Maybe it is also an almost empty company.
It adds a layer of protection so getting to any of the owners / investors / .. own properties like their houses is going to be difficult.

If true they have no conscience and no respect, and intended this to be a scam from the beginning

#7762 5 years ago

If true they have no conscience and no respect, and intended this to be a scam from the beginning

I don't see how that follows. Having an operating company and a holding company is pretty common. Particularly so in NL, from what I can gather.

Also, the capital is a nominal value ascribed to the shares. They have a balance sheet, per the documents. As does DN Holdings - which has a nominal share capital value of €2.

I haven't looked at the new accounts that should have been published very recently, but I'm not sure I need to. That ARA just filed suit tends to suggest they have, and think DP are close enough to the edge cash-wise to be able to push them into bankruptcy through the expense of the court case and forced delay of production. Thus taking the assets through insolvency proceedings - presumably then flogging the rights to TBL.

#7763 5 years ago

why do you keep posting in here? you seem intent on stirring the pot with either fake news or twisting things to wost possible interpretation. there are a lot of valid negative things to say about DP but come on.

it is as if you will benefit somehow from speeding up this implosion. so whats it to you? are you looking to pick up a container of ARA games to resell or what?

#7764 5 years ago

No I mean there has been more current refunds

Can people with skin in the game PM you for contact details on the people you know of that got recent refunds? They should be able to share more precisely how they got their money back, which would be very useful to others in the same situation.

#7765 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I didn’t post any document like that.

#7766 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I didn’t post any document like that.

Sorry, my mistake, found the original post, it was by highdef.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/145#post-4406099

#7767 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

are you looking to pick up a container of ARA games to resell or what?

Nailed it. Happened with Alien.

#7768 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

it is as if you will benefit somehow from speeding up this implosion. so whats it to you? are you looking to pick up a container of ARA games to resell or what?

BhZTid7CcAARASh.jpg large (resized).jpgBhZTid7CcAARASh.jpg large (resized).jpg

#7769 5 years ago

Several people who contacted Universal received refunds from DP already

check (resized).jpgcheck (resized).jpg
#7770 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Why would DP care? They can look into the face of EAs and blatantly lie.

#7771 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They can't lie to Universal.

#7772 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, that's just your opinion man.....

Remember when anyone that questioned the delivery of TBL's or the financial viability of DP would immediately get a meme of Jeff Bridges saying that line and then downvoted galore? Then they would get ripped apart & reported by the sycophants. Followed by the usual ban?

#7773 5 years ago

A statement regarding the validity of the license was made and I asked a simple question:

Quoted from highdef:

I haven't received a response yet, so I'm not sure it was a valid statement in the first place. Again, it was a simple question. WTF else are going to discuss here in the meantime?

One could heed some of the knucklehead advice coming from a few posters in this thread, but then they'd be stuck playing pocket pinball with themselves (much like those who aren't doing anything but shooting down suggestions from others). I like how people can easily express an opinion, but can't do the same when it comes to suggesting or making a plan of action. This is why I took matters into my own hands, which I'm positive will achieve more results than what's being accomplished in this thread.

#7774 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Well, that's just your opinion man.....
Remember when anyone that questioned the delivery of TBL's or the financial viability of DP would immediately get a meme of Jeff Bridges saying that line and then downvoted galore? Then they would get ripped apart & reported by the sycophants. Followed by the usual ban?

Dude, this thread has some pushback in various directions sometimes, but it never really went down like you describe. Not that I can remember.

Why are you hanging out here anyway?

#7775 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude, this thread has some pushback in various directions sometimes, but it never really went down like you describe. Not that I can remember.
Why are you hanging out here anyway?

some people confuse what someone says with how they say it. i hope that being a dick about it or presenting speculation as fact will always get somebody a thumbs down.

#7776 5 years ago

Wow... Didn't see this one coming... Now a Kickstarter too? Maybe TBL will come with a rug and a Stern coffee table book..? In all seriousness... I hope it works and people that are due games are finally made whole. And when it's in stock somewhere I can get in line again...

Screenshot_20180622-054508_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180622-054508_Gmail (resized).jpg

#7777 5 years ago

They obviously can't fight what could be extended legal action, hence the fire sale and talk of a gofundme.

Surprised Universal have given permission for an ES to be sold to the highest bidder. Have to assume they did allow it, since it'd likely be game over if they did it unauthorised.

It's difficult to imagine that people are likely to contribute to a gofundme before at least the first court hearings, where presumably more information will be either disclosed or exposed. Then, still ...

Find it a bit unlikely Xytech will go ahead with production pending outcome of the trial, unless the case DP have is absolutely ironclad.

#7778 5 years ago

Holy hell, more crowd funding? The solution to everything.

#7779 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Holy hell, more crowd funding? The solution to everything.

I thought beer was the solution to all of life's problems.

#7780 5 years ago

Jesus, dudes, WTF is a "bar"?

"Sometimes you eat the *bear* and sometime the *bear* eats you." Pronounced with an accent.

DP is like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.

#7781 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Jesus, dudes, WTF is a "bar"?
"Sometimes you eat the *bear* and sometime the *bear* eats you." Pronounced with an accent.
DP is like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.

Have you not seen the movie? It’s a direct quote.

This is just getting embarrassing...now a go fund me? Embarrasing...who are these seven people willing to go deeper in the hole here? Wow....i guess it’s true...a fool and his money are soon parted.

Handing these clowns money to “fight” a legal battle when we have no exposure to exactly what the details of the case are is just asinine. It could be (and likely is) an unwinnable case.

Go fund me....unbelievable.

#7782 5 years ago

I went and rewatched the clip. What's important is the "Sometimes the bear, well HE eats you"

The movie says HE.

Absolutely doesn't work with any other context than "Bear".
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Looking at the DP newsletter, they seem to be using a phonetic quote. So they get a pass.

#7783 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Have you not seen the movie? It’s a direct quote.

You've seen the movie and you think the Stranger is talking about a bar? Please start with the man in the mirror. Please ask him to change his ways. Etc.

#7784 5 years ago

Hmm they are even selling an engineer sample of the TBL. Playfields for 1500e? These guys are really out of money.

#7785 5 years ago

Looks like a liquidation sale to me. Sell off the parts now so they have no assets left when the creditors come to collect. Sneaky bastards.

#7786 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You've seen the movie and you think the Stranger is talking about a bar? Please start with the man in the mirror. Please ask him to change his ways. Etc.

It’s called double entendre

Here is an explaination. He absolutely says “bar”. What he means by it can be seen in multiple ways. Either way DP didn’t quite grasp it...

https://www.quora.com/The-Big-Lebowski-1998-movie-What-does-the-quote-Sometimes-you-eat-the-bar-and-sometimes-the-bar-eats-you-mean

#7787 5 years ago

Jesus, is bar/bear the new Laurell/yanni?

It’s BAR.

#7788 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Looks like a liquidation sale to me. Sell off the parts now so they have no assets left when the creditors come to collect. Sneaky bastards.

Why the negative approach?? You could also see it as an attempt to have enough funds to fight of ARA.

But apparently everything DP does is explained negative

#7789 5 years ago

Is the playfield in the Xytech games different than the one used in the ARA games (in terms of mechs and/or positions of the mechs? If so, what does this mean to existing owners and the ability to maintain their games? If not, why would DP be selling them? Seems like they would use whatever stock they have on hand to reduce the cost of the Xytech games.

#7790 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Why the negative approach?? You could also see it as an attempt to have enough funds to fight of ARA.

Wow you will defend then to the end which has long passed. This is a last minute money grab face facts. The fact that they have even ONE game available for sale should go to ONE EA buyer to at least get them one point of karma but no they opt for lunch money. Same goes for the parts. They should offer these to the 40ish that got this game as their future for support/parts will be Dismal! We get it you have a vested or personal relationship with DP, sadly you are the only one that still see's them as innocent and worthy of pity. The EA buyers have a different feeling.

#7791 5 years ago

Does this ES machine have Kahlua printed on the playfield with a post it notes covering? I agree machine should be sent to their oldest EA (by payment date).

#7792 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Does this ES machine have Kahlua printed on the playfield with a post it notes covering? I agree machine should be sent to their oldest EA (by payment date).

Agreed. Or just to punch them deservedly so in the Nards Every EA buyer should crazy bid 100k on this machine and let them wait for payment forever! Let them list if for 5 years or do the right thing!

#7793 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Perhaps they should explain how if they can’t pay legal bills they intend to get machines built? Isn’t it fair for a plan to be explained before one asks for people to join in? Then again, these guys appear to be used to blind commitment without explanation or rationale... so I don’t think it’s DPs fault.

Oh well. People are free to do with their money as they please. I would implore anyone looking to donate to think hard and consider directing the money to a charitable cause instead. Childhood cancer, animal shelters... etc.

#7794 5 years ago

The way the email is worded... Waiting for legal suit to get you & us compensation... this implies that it is a certainty they will win.. if not done already!

I would give another €1500-€2000 if it guaranteed me a machine as I would rather this than loose the whole amount.

DP needs to be upfront - rather than asking for this blind!

As for the Specials page.. can be viewed as 2 things - raise money for defense, or get rid of stock that they have possession of..
€1495 for a playfield is a lot to fork out of a game that may not be built

#7795 5 years ago

Oh... and would the Seattle 7 please stand up!

#7796 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As a dutchman i must say selling a tbl to the highest bidder.... while there are dozens of people who paid in full and didnt get shit after all these years... when refunds are out of the question.. Is really fucked up dude.

#7797 5 years ago

^^ this!

#7798 5 years ago

Good Afternoon Barry

I am emailing you about the NSNL that has been released today.
Barry I need a few clarifications..

In the NSNL you say about law suit to compensation for DP & the EA’s. The way this is worded sounds like it is certain of a verdict in DP’s favour or a VERY VERY Strong case. This did not seem like it on the first communication about the law suit. Has New Shit come to light!?

The Go Fundme. I would like to know the estimated legal costs of this lawsuit AND the amount needed to start up production of TBL with Xytech. How much is the cost of the game to make?
I know people are willing to support DP but without any information I fear these people will be throwing
€1000s away!

Maybe a EA would stump up another 2- 3K to guarantee they get a game. Again you are asking people or basically encouraging people to do this to help DP. Is this what it has come to? AGAIN HONEST OPEN Information on the state of DP. The ugly truth.

The Specials Page - A temporary shop- is this due to amounts of playfields/spares that were made before production started and lawsuit. Is this an attempt to get money for defence or sell of parts so no inventory. Sounds like it’s Temp because you don't have a lot of stuff as it’s only what DP possesses from Xytech preparation?

Barry you owe it to your start up customers to explain fully what is happening. This is most UNDUDE like.

Maybe being open and honest you will have more EAs come to DPs Aid.

Enough is enough..

Dave Bishop

#7799 5 years ago

Email to barry

#7800 5 years ago

anyone who says a verdict is guaranteed is in cloud cuckoo land! DP-> please publish your lawyers statement on likelihood of outcome.

and is it one case? I thought it was ARA taking DP to court

then DP taking ARA to court?

what is interesting to me is that DP only acted when ARA filed.

Neil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/156?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.