(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 306.
#7001 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

I think you better stock up on arthritis pills.

Lol.

#7002 5 years ago

I gotta be honest, I've had alot of Smoke blown up my Ass at this point ! IDGAF getting ahold of of my distributor and bailing out.Tired of waiting for anything its Bullshit.

I have to say PPS has it going on,My attack LE is kick ass. (edit). Sorry pinside patrol put me on suspension

#7003 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sorry pinside patrol put me on suspension

... or just edit your post

I understand everyone's frustration - Try to keep it (reasonably) polite though...

#7004 5 years ago

I wonder whats new in the 5 weeks since the last update........

#7005 5 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I wonder whats new in the 5 weeks since the last update........

You already know....

"we are hard at work!......lots of progress!.....we are "ramping up" to production!....parts have long lead times....taking longer than expected.....additional delays....we will provide more details as soon as we can....there is another enormous European holiday coming up so we will be off for several weeks...

#7006 5 years ago

Is the plan to keep the same number of limited pins or are they planning to open up production and sell as many as possible?

#7007 5 years ago

Is there a plan? You'd never know by the lack of communication.

Quoted from gliebig:

Is the plan to keep the same number of limited pins or are they planning to open up production and sell as many as possible?

#7008 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

You already know....
"we are hard at work!......lots of progress!.....we are "ramping up" to production!....parts have long lead times....taking longer than expected.....additional delays....we will provide more details as soon as we can....there is another enormous European holiday coming up so we will be off for several weeks...

Chinese holidays too now.

#7009 5 years ago

We can't do anything about holidays but shipping out finished TBL's no matter what the volume is would be a big step.

#7010 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This was never sold or marketed as a limited pin.

#7011 5 years ago

Really? I thought I remember reading it being limited to 300ish pins.? Don't know where I got that from.

#7012 5 years ago

I recall 300 too. This was what they thought they could realistically sell before the license expired. I guess they needed to get an extension if they are still going to make TBL? Frankly, I would like to see them make enough to fill the preorders (150?). How many 10K machines could you sell?

Quoted from gliebig:

Really? I thought I remember reading it being limited to 300ish pins.? Don't know where I got that from.

#7013 5 years ago

Played this pin at TPF not worth waiting for at all. So many good game out there.

#7014 5 years ago

Since they are out of money and new order profits are funding the preorders. How many at 10K do they need to sell to raise enough for build the 150 pre-paid orders? 300? 400? Is it possible that many people will buy a 10k machine from a failing company?

#7015 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Played this pin at TPF not worth waiting for at all. So many good game out there.

Can't argue that there aren't a bunch of great game purchase options currently, but based on playing a friend's TBL, I still think it is well worth producing and waiting for. Great theme and design as well as fun gameplay! And it will only improve with full code.

Not that I have a choice otherwise at this point though (being an "Early Achiever" as I am).

#7016 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I'm certain that the people who are out their money with no game right now, find great comfort in your opinion.

#7017 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm certain that the people who are out their money with no game right now find great comfort in your opinion.

Sorry, just being truthful. I did not hold a gun to anyone's head. I also did not take there money. I don't put my money out of pocket until i see the product.
Just saying...

#7018 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Since they are out of money and new order profits are funding the preorders. How many at 10K do they need to sell to raise enough for build the 150 pre-paid orders? 300? 400? Is it possible that many people will buy a 10k machine from a failing company?

That is THE question that DP has dodged and pre-orderers should be pushing HARD to get an answer to.

Yet, this reality seems to be relatively ignored.

Baffling.

#7019 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is what Im saying, they are telling everyone production right around the corner yet have said nothing on how it will work. why not? They should take a loan and get all the achievers their games and then pay the loan off with opening up new sales. That's how it works in the real world. This whole fiasco is their responsibility and yet people are offering to pay them for another machine and sell it for them? my god can they tell us what they are doing exactly with all those who paid in full? Why is this a secret?

posting again for you Rare!

#7020 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

posting again for you Rare!

You and I ask these questions...but we're not even getting the game anymore. I don't get why people with years-ago paid deposits aren't asking these questions.

#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You and I ask these questions...but we're not even getting the game anymore. I don't get why people with years-ago paid deposits aren't asking these questions.

Because they are afraid of what the answers will be.

#7022 5 years ago

IMO the only loan they'll get, or that they probably have currently, is a loan account with Xytech so that they can finish (re)development and the first few batches of games.

You would expect Xytech to want immediate commencement of repayment, so hence the mix of new money and old - new money means more money to pay off the loan account quicker.

I don't see how else this is working, given the time that is passing (time is money) ... unless everyone in their families, including second cousins is applying for and then maxing out credit cards.

I don't think anyone except the manufacturing partner will 'invest' or take risk until games are getting pumped out, and banks are never going to loan.

Moneybags pinball investors? Why would they right now? Even if TBL is a great game, there's really no clear path after that.

Could be wrong, but this is what makes most sense to me.

#7023 5 years ago

Is it even legal, of course given the jurisdiction, to sell a product to a new customer when there are 150 people waiting for theirs and have prepaid for the exact same product they will be producing and selling? I would love to ask a lawyer who specializes in this arena. For some reason it goes against by better judgement and I would think the line is getting crossed somewhere.

#7024 5 years ago

I,m sorry vacations n Holidays ?
What a Stroke fest.Bust out some 55 gallon barrels of Jergens .Would it be a big deal to pist something?

Rick !! Ready for #3

#7025 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is it even legal, of course given the jurisdiction, to sell a product to a new customer when there are 150 people waiting for theirs and have prepaid for the exact same product they will be producing and selling? I would love to ask a lawyer who specializes in this arena. For some reason it goes against by better judgement and I would think the line is getting crossed somewhere.

What laws? What country?

International commerce laws?

We doubt any of the customers have a binding contract.

#7026 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

In America the customers in line can sue for breach of contract if the terms of their contract were violated. Selling a pin to someone else first is not likely something that would breach that contract but I don’t have one to read. So to answer your question the scenario you describe (by itself) is not likely actionable.

I’ll set aside an analysis about whether suing would even matter at this point (no assets to get back...)

#7027 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I’ll set aside an analysis about whether suing would even matter at this point (no assets to get back...)

Not to mention throwing good money after bad by incurring attorney fees.

#7028 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not to mention throwing good money after bad by incurring attorney fees.

For some people, principal is more important than the money. That’s why the group that took Jpop to court stuck to their guns....they could afford to make the statement they wanted to make to the person who dared take them for a ride.

#7029 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For some people, principal is more important than the money. That’s why the group that took Jpop to court stuck to their guns....they could afford to make the statement they wanted to make to the person who dared take them for a ride.

Principles are important and more power to those that can afford an attorney to pursue enforcing them. Other realities in this matter aside, for many of us, "lawyering up" (as seems to be the common unsolicited advice) is not a financially viable solution.

#7030 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are you asking if it's "legal" for DP to still be taking orders? Or do you mean if/when DP gets around to shipping out Lebowski 2.0, could original preorder customers sue them for shipping "out of order" based on when payment was made? I don't see why DP couldn't continue to take new orders, so long as they still believe they've actually got a chance of making games and fulfilling those orders some day. As for the original preorder customers, they could sue right now for breach of contract, since they paid for a pinball machine and one was not shipped within a reasonable period of time, no need to wait for DP to start shipping games "out of order."

But like you say, if you really want to know you'd have to ask a lawyer that specializes in this stuff.

#7031 5 years ago

<Yawn>

#7032 5 years ago

Wake up! It’s almost newsletter Friday!

#7033 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You got refunded

#7034 5 years ago

I haven't met my first NIB pin yet. So many tempting choices right now. This theme puts it high on the list and I really hope DP gets it done. For the early achievers, and so that one lands close enough for me to take a test drive. This could be the one, man.

#7035 5 years ago

Same old pile of shit.

Same dopes that can't deliver squat.

Same old story. You are MAJOR losers at this point after all these years. You F ed up. Game over.

My IMDNLE arrives next week. Thank you F ing very much.

#7036 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Principles are important and more power to those that can afford an attorney to pursue enforcing them. Other realities in this matter aside, for many of us, "lawyering up" (as seems to be the common unsolicited advice) is not a financially viable solution.

Coming from a guy that cashed out and has ZERO to lose. That's priceless. And i mean Rare_______

#7037 5 years ago

I really hope many of you are ready to eat crow. While many of you have been trash talking, DP has been learning the art of pinball.

#7038 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I really hope many of you are ready to eat crow. While many of you have been trash talking, DP has been learning the art of pinball.

Hopefully that encompasses the art of shipping pinball.

#7039 5 years ago

I know you are joking and trying to be funny.

#7040 5 years ago

I would like nothing more than to eat my avatar and then replace it with a better one!! Perhaps a Folgers can.

#7041 5 years ago

I know it's been mentioned before, but if there is a positive to be found with the latest pinball news it's that the pre order business is once and for all DOA.

#7042 5 years ago

Proof to back up this statement?

#7043 5 years ago

While many of you have been trash talking, DP has been learning the art of pinball.

I was led to believe they were already "educated" back in 2013.

#7044 5 years ago

It’s been a month and an update is due. Based on last update the papers should be signed, production should have begun, and parts being assembled for at least subassemblies. Anything less than that makes me think that it will not happen.

#7045 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It’s been a month and an update is due. Based on last update the papers should be signed, production should have begun, and parts being assembled for at least subassemblies. Anything less than that makes me think that it will not happen.

It's only been 5 weeks!!!!!! How dare you ask for an update. Barry is just getting over the flu and I heard a rumor he was hit by a car. Sucks because he was just getting around to learning the art of pinball.

#7046 5 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

It's only been 5 weeks!!!!!! How dare you ask for an update. Barry is just getting over the flu and I heard a rumor he was hit by a car. Sucks because he was just getting around to learning the art of pinball.

...and it's Chinese New Year!

#7047 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was led to believe they were already "educated" back in 2013.

But Rome wasn't built in a day!

Brad

#7048 5 years ago

Keep your chins up, dudes. A lot of us are still in this, and collectively we are strong. In the event it all sinks, there's a lot of us with deep pockets that can engage. But until that time I'm giving them an opportunity to right this, and I'm confident they want to.

#7049 5 years ago

Anybody hear whether Xytech Board approved this project and turned on funding faucet yet?

#7050 5 years ago

Had a bad dream about this one last night, boys. Seems the Xytech Board liked the final sample TBL's so much that they decided to own it. They will hold off certifying TBL is ready for manufacturing, indefinitely. Xytech will be cutting all ties with DP shortly. Since they posses a ready to build product AND were doing 100% of the work AND were providing 100% of the financing..., DP lost its luster, and all value. Bye bye DP, Xytech has decided to go it on alone. Which, according to Chinese laws, expects them to steal your technology and to ignore licensing concerns. More profits that way. .... Then I woke up sweating. Nobody saw a Dik Labrowski machine, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/141?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.