(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 306.
#6951 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

No skin in the game for me...i'm rooting for DP to get this ship righted. Easy to be patient with no money in it though, can't imagine the frustration of the early achievers. rensh will the EA's still be receiving the rug? Assuming those were already made by now, should they at least be getting those sent out as a show of faith?

Rug is included for everyone now. Only thing EA's get is a little plaque and a loooooong wait.

#6952 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Rug is included for everyone now. Only thing EA's get is a little plaque and a loooooong wait.

Really? Well that is simultaneously not cool for the EA's , while also making me want one of these games even more.

#6953 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You said they did NOTHING. The above is different.
However, again false talking about hundreds. They did deliver 50 pcs. And these hundreds are in fact approx 140 early achievers who paid and in are in like me. There are more who ordered games but they haven’t been asked to pay a dime so they have not gotten a game but also lost NOTHING.
Glad to see that such well informed people like you keep stirring the pot with nothing to tell and I bet no skin in the game.
Look, I am the last to state that DP is without errors. They have made mistakes for sure and it is in the end their sole responsibility. But stop throwing these wild unfounded accusations.

Ok, first off I do apologize if my statement was assumed directed towards the designers or anyone that created this awesome machine. More a distaste for the way the Company has executed so poorly and disregarded all of the people (Yes, including Me) that invested in it. Aside from the absolutely mindless way this company was run I want this title more than Most anything out or to be released. It is so very frustrating that all that comes from this company are false hopes and imaginary promises. I did manage to cancel my order got lucky but yes I got back in line with Hopes they can Find a way to make this a real reality. At present, it appears fruitless unless they can pull off a miracle. Hats off to what was created by the ones that did there part, now it just needs to find its way to the people and believers.

#6954 6 years ago

I’d sent an email to DP last week just to see what they had to say about trying to get one in Australia and I got this back.

“Hello Simon,

We expect to start selling The Big Lebowski Pinball machines in a few months. We first need to ramp up the production.
We will keep you informed via our website, Newsletter and facebook page so please keep following us!

Kind regards,
Jaap Nauta”

So I mean, I’m not holding my breath based on everything that’s happened, but that’s better than the “we don’t have a distributor there” or “orders are no longer available” or anything along those lines that I was expecting to hear.

#6955 6 years ago
Quoted from Snoogans138:

I’d sent an email to DP last week just to see what they had to say about trying to get one in Australia and I got this back.
“Hello Simon,
We expect to start selling The Big Lebowski Pinball machines in a few months. We first need to ramp up the production.
We will keep you informed via our website, Newsletter and facebook page so please keep following us!
Kind regards,
Jaap Nauta”
So I mean, I’m not holding my breath based on everything that’s happened, but that’s better than the “we don’t have a distributor there” or “orders are no longer available” or anything along those lines that I was expecting to hear.

Just wait until they’re ready to ship you a game immediately before you turn a penny over - history of this game shows that to do otherwise would be nuts.

#6956 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just wait until they’re ready to ship you a game immediately before you turn a penny over - history of this game shows that to do otherwise would be nuts.

Totally agree. Even DP themselves think the same. Imagine that they are still getting requests for orders with money offered upfront .... DP is not accepting them by the way. Get the line first rolling and orders via distributors where customers money is as safe as possible.

#6957 6 years ago

All I want for Christmas is my pin. I really hope they get things together and this year could be ended on a high.Gutters and strikes, ups and downs.

#6958 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think TBL is likely to be a doorstop if you actually get one, and Barry has made every effort to support those people who are lucky enough to have one (same with BoP 2.0).
The question is over actually getting one.

Much like Heighway reborn, no doubt that if someone were to show a wad of cash as payment in full they would magically find themselves at the front of the elastic queue with a number and confirmed shipping date.

Aliens have been landing regularly down under for some time now.

Solvency is their predominant respective hurdle.

#6959 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Much like Heighway reborn, no doubt that if someone were to show a wad of cash as payment in full they would magically find themselves at the front of the elastic queue with a number and confirmed shipping date.
Aliens have been landing regularly down under for some time now.
Solvency is their predominant respective hurdle.

I really doubt that. They have not even ordered parts yet. They may go to the front of the line, but that line has no date for started production yet.

#6960 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

All I want for Christmas is my pin.

I used to wish for the same Xmas gift, but Santa has been letting me down the last few years. He did, however, bring me a GI Joe USS Flagg aircraft carrier in 2015. It took him 30 years, so let's hope he doesn't do the same with TBL.

#6961 6 years ago

Sleepy yawn

#6962 5 years ago

Well Alien/Heighway is dead so I’m hoping that my other grailpin TBL still survives the preorder curse from 2014. I have seen comments by people in the know that things may be going forward now with TBL, new investor for cash flow for manufacturing. Anyone hear if manufacturing has actually begun? The first sign would be a big order of parts, which I would guess come from PInball Life.

#6963 5 years ago

Maybe not parts from the US side via Pinball Life but getting the same items built in China which is closer.

#6964 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm the investment rumor?

#6965 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

From what I’ve heard on other threads, I thought for sure there would be some posts here about that.

#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Quoted from Rockytop:

From what I’ve heard on other threads, I thought for sure there would be some posts here about that.

It's an important question as I have learned to not trust Pinside at all in situations like this. And DP needs to make an announcement to restore faith if it's true.

#6967 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Quoted from Mr68:

It's an important question as I have learned to not trust Pinside at all in situations like this. And DP needs to make an announcement to restore faith if it's true.

And even if there's an announcement from DP, people need to continue to protect themselves as best they can until there is concrete evidence that things at DP have stabilized (i.e. games are shipping at a steady and predictable rate to old and new money folks alike). It's tempting to believe that people who love your hobby just as much as you do could never mislead you, or would be incapable of fooling themselves. But at this point, "trust but verify" has to be the rule when dealing with any boutique pinball manufacturer. Or maybe just "verify, verify, verify."

#6968 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And even if there's an announcement from DP, people need to continue to protect themselves as best they can until there is concrete evidence that things at DP have stabilized (i.e. games are shipping at a steady and predictable rate to old and new money folks alike). It's tempting to believe that people who love your hobby just as much as you do could never mislead you, or would be incapable of fooling themselves. But at this point, "trust but verify" has to be the rule when dealing with any boutique pinball manufacturer. Or maybe just "verify, verify, verify."

I would settle for just the 'verify' at this point.

#6969 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

BTW, congrats on your long-winded fight against JPOP. Much respect. Let this be a signal to others.
#PinsideStrong

#6970 5 years ago

I emailed Barry asking for an update, he replied saying it’s taking a bit longer to get the production going.

I then asked a few Qs about the feedback cointaker have on the Chinese prototypes, how many more TBL have been ordered, have all parts been ordered to begin producing....
he replied again saying now news to announce just yet

#6971 5 years ago

I said that with Heighways liquidation it is a concern and that I hoped DP would be more forthcoming in an event like that.

#6972 5 years ago

lets hear it for last pre-order debacle still standing!

#6973 5 years ago

I have been asked what I know about the rumor for new investors in DP.

Simple answer: nothing. I am wondering where this rumor comes from.

Disclaimer: I am not on DP payroll so my info can mean nothing.

#6974 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I emailed Barry asking for an update, he replied saying it’s taking a bit longer to get the production going.

I wonder if the Dutch are familiar with the phrase "No shit Sherlock." ?

Thanks for providing the update @Pinhead1982! (sincerely)

Quoted from sd_tom:

lets hear it for last pre-order debacle still standing!

Not sure whether this is a blessing or a curse at this point.

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I said that with Heighways liquidation it is a concern and that I hoped DP would be more forthcoming in an event like that.

I told Barry they needed to be more transparent after the Skit-B & Jpop debacles exploded. Yet, here we still are. You’ve all seen how the dominos are falling. Is everyone still going to just “wait and hope for the best” still? In 2018? If Dutch looks in the mirror, the reflection they see is Heighway.

...and before the sycophants attack me for not having skin in the game, good friends of mine DO have fully paid orders in and I feel protective of them. A good friend of mine who’s not in the hobby bought one, partially off of my excitement for the product. He’s asked multiple times for a refund and has been refused. He will go check in with Universal licensing soon if he’s not refunded. That’s what ended up working for me. I suggest others who want out let DP know that they will do the same.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6976 5 years ago

It would be in the best interest of everyone if the DP guys started up regular email NSNL updates starting this month. This whole HP cluster frack just reinforces the concerns. They have always been there and the implementation of consistent brief communications will be a powerful tool for confidence building if this truly is going forward. It’s been only 6 months since the Xytech announcement and pinball production is complicated, so some delay is not surprising, But just keep us updated. Like is that contract to start production signed?

#6977 5 years ago

Only on pinside can the demise of one pinball company be considered an issue for the overall business health of another. Heighway’s failure was due to a completely separate set of issues. I don’t see the guys at DP living high off the hog and starting a boat company.

#6978 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Only on pinside can the demise of one pinball company be considered an issue for the overall business health of another. Heighway’s failure was due to a completely separate set of issues. I don’t see the guys at DP living high off the hog and starting a boat company.

“No money to make the games” is the real problem, and the why of it is a secondary concern - people just want their games. DP’s not in bankruptcy so it’s still possible they’ll pull something off, but how could anyone believe it until they’re shipping games in steady numbers?

#6979 5 years ago

My bad, everything seems great. While I was gone, did the 200-300 people who ordered games 3-4 years ago all get their games?

Only on Pinside is there neverending trust for those who haven’t earned it.

#6980 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I was gone, did the 200-300 people who ordered games 3-4 years ago all get their games?

No, but 16 different Marvel movies came and went from theaters during your time away. At this rate, Avatar 4 will be in theaters by the time we see this game.

#6981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My bad, everything seems great. While I was gone, did the 200-300 people who ordered games 3-4 years ago all get their games?

It's an amazing phenomenon.

#6982 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I don’t see them soliciting money from people to go to the front of the line, or promising the same machine to multiple buyers. I don’t see any new houses or cars. Is it a great situation? No, but at least they are moving forward. They can still right the ship.

#6983 5 years ago

But there is a “red light district “

#6984 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

LMAO, this true.

#6985 5 years ago

Mismanaged funds and over promising will do DP in as well. If people have money in on T, I'd try to get it back. If the company survives, then buy again.

#6986 5 years ago

This looks like a great opportunity for Homepin to produce Lebowski. They have the Manufacturing foundation, which is important for parts supply.The established Chinese connection would be key for future production of this machine.
They obviously need an "A" list Title, Lebowski would fulfill this requirement in spades.
I am familiar with the politics around Homepin, I could care less at this point.
It would be great if these machines could be built.

#6987 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This looks like a great opportunity for Homepin to produce Lebowski. They have the Manufacturing foundation, which is important for parts supply.The established Chinese connection would be key for future production of this machine.
They obviously need an "A" list Title, Lebowski would fulfill this requirement in spades.
I am familiar with the politics around Homepin, I could care less at this point.
It would be great if these machines could be built.

Serious question. What pin or pins has home pin produced?

#6988 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Serious question. What pin or pins has home pin produced?

That's a very valid question. We ARE currently rolling Thunderbirds pinball off the assembly line - now - TODAY!

Sure, it will be some time before many get to the end customers but we are actually building them NOW! (there are several on site around Guangzhou and Shenzhen).

assemble5 (resized).jpgassemble5 (resized).jpg

#6989 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

That's a very valid question. We ARE currently rolling Thunderbirds pinball off the assembly line - now - TODAY!
Sure, it will be some time before many get to the end customers but we are actually building them NOW! (there are several on site around Guangzhou and Shenzhen).

That's cool!

#6990 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mismanaged funds and over promising will do DP in as well. If people have money in on T, I'd try to get it back. If the company survives, then buy again.

People have asked for refunds. DP has already stated they do not have the money to refund us.

#6991 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

BTDT......

#6992 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

...there are several on site around Guangzhou and Shenzhen).

Let me know their locations. I live in Hong Kong and work out of Guangzhou and would love to see one of your games.

#6993 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I'm in Shenzhen in October, what locations can I play?

#6994 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

no don't even do that. Go with your credit card, let them load it on your vehicle, then pay for it.

#6995 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no don't even do that. Go with your credit card, let them load it on your vehicle, then pay for it.

Same holds true for any upstart in that regard, even Homepin. DP is still trying to make it right though. They haven’t bowed out. We can all sit back and arm chair QB about any of these companies, reality is, it’s not easy. Lotta ins, lotta outs....

#6996 5 years ago

Fingers crossed for Xytech or Homepin manufacturing The Big Lebowski, Australian distributor and then boom, I'll buy one.

#6997 5 years ago

DPL spent money on White Russians, private suite parties, booth babes, and air-fare to pinball shows, ..
the money did not last long.

So long, and thanks for all the fish..

Expo 556 (resized).JPGExpo 556 (resized).JPG

#6998 5 years ago

they had a lot of fun with the preorder money

#6999 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This looks like a great opportunity for Homepin to produce Lebowski. They have the Manufacturing foundation, which is important for parts supply. The established Chinese connection would be key for future production of this machine.

How is their track record any better than Xytech? I'd like to believe that Xytech has even better access to part procurement due to their 10+ years of experience...in China. The last thing we need is another new contract manufacturer.

What DP needs to do is keep us updated more often. At this point, we should be getting weekly status updates between now and manufacturing (which is conducted internally in product development). What's going on with the parts? What is holding up Start of Production?

Based on their past, no news is not good news. The speculation and doubts will continue until they get more proactive on sharing info. I don't care if it's a photo of Jaap emptying the wastebasket. It's better than nothing.

#7000 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Fingers crossed for Xytech or Homepin manufacturing The Big Lebowski, Australian distributor and then boom, I'll buy one.

I think you better stock up on arthritis pills.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/140?hl=snoogans138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.