(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 306.
#6801 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so was at tpf this weekend and cointaker had a flyer out taking orders on this game, whats up with that?

New blood ($).

#6802 6 years ago

What’s the latest word on production...any news come out of TPF from Cointaker? Has DP given any timetables or estimates?

#6803 6 years ago

Thanks for your corrections !!

Folks are also waiting for a rerun of BoP 2.0 kits ... this is mostlöy hardware which must be ordered, repacked and send out. An easy way to earn money, people asking for that kits but it seems hard to get them .. I had one of the first sets and sold the machine before the code was nearly ready. Bored about waiting for the cose due to no fun in gameplay and in this days the original version crashed.

I also ordered in the beginning a TBL, but only "pay and pickup" . On this order I never got a reply. And I am really "hot" on this machine !

However: I hope that all the early achivers get their machines !! In a second step I hope that there are enough machines to start a "normal" sale over distributors.

#6804 6 years ago

We are definitely due for an update from DP (last email update was 02/13/18).

Chinese New Year ended 02/25/18. DP was going to review and test Engineering Sample #4, which was supposed to be shipped to DP after CNY.
We're almost a month post-CNY, so let's hope they're still on target to begin assembly in April-May (as stated by DP).

Per DP-
"Giving a specific time when production will start depends on lead-time of parts. Most parts will take only a few weeks, but some parts may take up to two months once ordered."

In my experience in the Consumer Electronics world, Chinese CMs typically don't procure parts until they have a PO (purchase order) in place, so I see this as a good sign for us. Either way, an update from DP would be appreciated.

#6805 6 years ago

Strikes and gutters, ups and downs.

#6806 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so was at tpf this weekend and cointaker had a flyer out taking orders on this game, whats up with that?

It's the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me. You gotta hand it to them, believing is everything. Keep your/our dreams alive dp. The game is spectacular. It most cerrtainly has the potential to be the best in the history of pinball and they know it, so keep on keepin on and get them games to the people. Please, thank you (Disclaimer:EA w/a TBL)

#6807 6 years ago

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Thursday, after being fired and leaving the U.S. State Department:

"Never lose sight of your most valuable asset, the most valuable asset that you possess: your personal integrity. Not one of you were gifted it; you were born with it. It belongs to you, and always has, and will belong to you and you alone,” the former ExxonMobil C.E.O. said. “Only you can relinquish it or allow it to be compromised. Once you’ve done so, it is very, very hard to regain it. So guard it as the most precious thing you possess.”

#6808 6 years ago

Can't wait to hear about all of the progress since the last update......5 weeks ago.

#6809 6 years ago

Been a long time since any new code has been seen for Dutch-TBL. It was last mentioned in late 2017 with a comment that existing owners would see it soon. Is China-TBL holding revisions to old code hostage, like that rat Larry Sellers did?

#6810 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Been a long time since any new code has been seen for Dutch-TBL. It was last mentioned in late 2017 with a comment that existing owners would see it soon. Is China-TBL holding revisions to old code hostage, like that rat Larry Sellers did?

Ok, not intentionally trying to make fun but DP has made a LOT of promises. You didn't actually expect them to uphold that one did you?? They are still (Working!?!) on promises made 5 years ago. lol

#6811 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, not intentionally trying to make fun but DP has made a LOT of promises. You didn't actually expect them to uphold that one did you?? They are still (Working!?!) on promises made 5 years ago. lol

LoL no way. I wasn't so much disappointed by the broken promise (which was an oral contract but was thinking someone with info (or the programmers) might chime in and educate us all. Then we could bug them with questions about ease of updating and review a code log.

#6812 6 years ago

The programmer Koen left like a year ago. Think priority will be to get the line running again and they did say if I am not mistaking that when that is done they will work on and release an update to 1.0. They told at that time they still have access to Koen (who is a personal friend of Barry).

#6813 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The programmer Koen left like a year ago. Think priority will be to get the line running again and they did say if I am not mistaking that when that is done they will work on and release an update to 1.0. They told at that time they still have access to Koen (who is a personal friend of Barry).

Forgot you are the resident TBL expert ... so do you recall if Koen had been paid for his work, or was that part of the issue? I don't mind supporting a risky enterprise, but not one that is stiffing it's suppliers and contractors. I am particularly sensitive to unpaid programmers being put in a situation where they are expected to continue to support and upgrade software for free. As long as these folks are ok with things, I am too. Once that is cleared up, I tend to start paying attention.

#6814 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Forgot you are the resident TBL expert ... so do you recall if Koen had been paid for his work, or was that part of the issue? I don't mind supporting a risky enterprise, but not one that is stiffing it's suppliers and contractors. I am particularly sensitive to unpaid programmers being put in a situation where they are expected to continue to support and upgrade software for free. As long as these folks are ok with things, I am too. Once that is cleared up, I tend to start paying attention.

No worries, besides ÄRA (who sent invoices higher as the contract), everyone is paid as far as I know and sure Koen is. When he announced his leaving I contacted him and he left in good will. He just wanted to do something different which I can understand after 2 yrs of TBL and all the drama around it. Koen is also a personal friend of Barry.

Koen was also an employee of DP so not a subcontracted person which you mostly see with unpaid pinball programmers. He got his monthly salary as mandatory by law.

#6815 6 years ago

I don't care if DP feels there is "nothing to report". This silence just makes it seem like they are avoiding telling us bad news. If there is truly "nothing to report" then nothing is happening. Otherwise at least give the EAs something. Even "waiting on parts", "testing and making notes", "trying to get pre-orders to fund the whole thing", "setting up the factory space to begin mass production", "working out litigation with ARA" or "spending EA money to eat" is something. We want to know everything. No detail is too boring for us. So unless DP is truly doing nothing that has to do with TBL, there is no reason to not give a 5 minute weekly update. They at least owe that to the people that have waited years after giving up thousands of dollars.

#6816 6 years ago

If there has been one consistency since PhilGate is that they stay quiet until they have something to say, so it's not a new phenomena.. take comfort in that?

#6817 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't care if DP feels there is "nothing to report". This silence just makes it seem like they are avoiding telling us bad news. If there is truly "nothing to report" then nothing is happening. Otherwise at least give the EAs something. Even "waiting on parts", "testing and making notes", "trying to get pre-orders to fund the whole thing", "setting up the factory space to begin mass production", "working out litigation with ARA" or "spending EA money to eat" is something. We want to know everything. No detail is too boring for us. So unless DP is truly doing nothing that has to do with TBL, there is no reason to not give a 5 minute weekly update. They at least owe that to the people that have waited years after giving up thousands of dollars.

Yea right. These guys can't be bothered to knock out a promised 5 sentence NS email a few months ago, cause they were sick or the dog ate the homework or something.

#6818 6 years ago

DP went silent when the ARA dilemma arose, so we know firsthand that "no news" isn't always good news.

As some of you suggested, DP should immediately tell us if the latest Engineering Sample didn't meet their quality standards or if there was an unforeseen issue with the procurement of a part. It's the least they could do and it's better than leaving us hanging and forcing people (including those with no skin in the game) to draw their own well-deserved conclusions and perceptions.

I am still waiting for an update on the 25th anniversary Super LE BoP (considering this year marks the 27th anniversary). Try again in 2021 for the 30th anniversary? Nevermind. I just want TBL to ship.

#6819 6 years ago

Of all the shows I have been to the last 10 or so years, haven't seen or played this game. Seems a lot of drama for a game that in theme has so much potential, and hasn't shipped even a sample on location (or has it?). Bottom line, why a 5+ year promise and nothing to paid or expecting to pay customers? Yes, I have read most of the drama and thread... Its very long.

#6820 6 years ago

Should I get ready to lay the rug down for delivery???

#6821 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Should I get ready to lay the rug down for delivery???

Only if you plan to piss on it like DP did with the deposit money..... To the previous poster, there were a rare few on location Until the owner found out rightfully what they were going to be worth so they disappeared quickly. Of the 50 (ish) out there many have found their way to premium collectors with guarded care. IF they ever make these (or someone qualified to do it) they will be a home run on theme alone.

#6822 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only if you plan to piss on it like DP did with the deposit money..... To the previous poster, there were a rare few on location Until the owner found out rightfully what they were going to be worth so they disappeared quickly. Of the 50 (ish) out there many have found their way to premium collectors with guarded care. IF they ever make these (or someone qualified to do it) they will be a home run on theme alone.

Seems legit.

#6823 6 years ago

Everybody has been taken im sorry

#6824 6 years ago

This is me every time a new game from another manufacturer is introduced and made available on the market.

PlainPreciousDikdik-size_restricted.gifPlainPreciousDikdik-size_restricted.gif

#6825 6 years ago

Per Dutch Pinball's last update on 2/13 (6+ weeks ago):

"Although things seem to take forever we finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Xytech has finished Engineering Sample (ES) number 4 of the pilot builds and it will be send out to us next week, just after Chinese New Year. ... We will come with a new update after we have received and reviewed game number 4 from Xytech."

Spanky waiting.gifSpanky waiting.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6826 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Per Dutch Pinball's last update on 2/13 (6+ weeks ago):
"Although things seem to take forever we finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Xytech has finished Engineering Sample (ES) number 4 of the pilot builds and it will be send out to us next week, just after Chinese New Year. ... We will come with a new update after we have received and reviewed game number 4 from Xytech."

Trust that there were not enough Second round deposits for him to hide to long. He will be back up soon with a new pep speech to keep the deposits flowing.

#6827 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He will be back up soon with a new pep speech to keep the deposits flowing.

Possible excuses for their lack of communication:

- Barry got hit by a parked car.
- Jaap's pet rock died.
- Laptop with SolidWorks files accidentally dropped and submerged in a Dutch canal.
- Uber is 2.8x surge pricing from hotel to Xytech factory in Suzhou, so they're waiting it out until the price goes back down.
- Their Uber POOL rideshare from hotel to factory took a left at the fork in the road and now they're somewhere in the Himalayas.

*I am allowed to make snarky comments until this game gets delivered.

#6828 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Possible excuses for their lack of communication:
- Barry got hit by a parked car.
- Jaap's pet rock died.
- Laptop with SolidWorks files accidentally dropped and submerged in a Dutch canal.
- Uber is 2.8x surge pricing from hotel to Xytech factory in Suzhou, so they're waiting it out until the price goes back down.
- Their Uber POOL rideshare from hotel to factory took a left at the fork in the road and now they're somewhere in the Himalayas.
*I am allowed to make snarky comments until this game gets delivered.

Also, they have cold.

#6829 6 years ago

LOCUSTS!!!!!

#6830 6 years ago

SHOULD I THROW IN THE RUG ??

#6831 6 years ago

7 days until our newsletter!!! Wishful thinking

#6832 6 years ago

9ada2d5ff2708a59336a7764b61f9cb0356f39e14064f23369a80d34974a74c6 (resized).jpg9ada2d5ff2708a59336a7764b61f9cb0356f39e14064f23369a80d34974a74c6 (resized).jpg

#6833 6 years ago

FC550546-E2A0-47A9-8752-DE74CE71E83F (resized).jpegFC550546-E2A0-47A9-8752-DE74CE71E83F (resized).jpeg

#6834 6 years ago

NSNL has arrived! Check your Inbox!

#6835 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Now all is good. Until the next period of no news or actions.

#6836 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I haven't received anything as of yet. What's the good word? Please post.

#6837 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I didn’t get one and April fools isn’t until tomorrow,

#6838 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I didn’t get one and April fools isn’t until tomorrow,

It's April fools already here. Don't know where highdef is from

#6839 6 years ago

April Fool's.

#6840 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

April Fool's.

Damn worldly people.

#6841 6 years ago

Not yet it isn't.

#6842 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not yet it isn't.
» YouTube video

Haha!

I'm just trying to keep this thread alive and active while DP gets their act together (I have my work cut out for me).
The dedicated thread for Shaq Attaq probably has more activity and updates than this one.

#6843 6 years ago

Deleted my snarky comment.
...changes in attitude, changes in latitude.

#6844 6 years ago

I heard they have 50 games ready to ship ?

#6845 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

...changes in attitude, changes in latitude.

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

#6846 6 years ago

I hope there is some good news coming. Even though I only have preordered money out there I'm starting to rethink staying in myself and use those funds some where else at this point. I could always pickup another later as to be smart they will make whatever is needed not just 300. Aliens seems to be catering to new money vs old deposits and would think the same. 3 years of nothing is starting to wear on me, but hope one day to own this dream theme.

#6848 6 years ago

PAPA's Bowen Kerins does a tutorial on TBL:

#6849 6 years ago

hey that's my machine

#6850 6 years ago

I am really pulling for DP! TBL and Iron Maiden are the 2 games I want most!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/137?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.