(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 306.
#6751 6 years ago

I've installed the P-ROC kit too, so I don't think its related to that. The fact that it doesn't enter ball search leads me to believe it's not hardware related but you never know..

#6752 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A buddy of mine has an original Lebowski for sale.
So would I be better off sending in money now and waiting for the cheaper model?

Who says its cheaper ? Just curious
I learned that the cabinet is being upgraded which has no mdf material similar to MMR LE, same playfield, same components,
As a matter of fact some quoted the new game plays like a Stern ?
Did he fly to China and play the game ? After doing more research
I found out they put an original TBL
Next to the new version side by side
And was told no one could tell the difference??? Like I said not long ago,wait until the game is in front if you, play it! And make your own decision. Im in construction and its sad to say alot of the products I purchase here in the States are crap,
No pride of workmanship, just waiting for a pay check,that goes for some of the Clowns delivering games ,no blankets, no straps
Why dont we all hope for the best
If they deliver a cheap product ?
It wont take long for the ship to sink

#6753 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I do have one small issue though - occasionally all the switches stop registering during gameplay. Happens maybe one game out of twenty - the flippers etc still work, but no switches register, even when the ball drains, and it never enters ball search. I have to reboot the machine when it happens. As it's so infrequent and seems to happen at random I assume it's software, but if so I imagine other owners would have had the same problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

Similar, a little different. Random, very infrequent, loss of left side gi and controlled lights. But comes back after a ball drain, and occasionally will come back after a shot to the scoop, (or other major event)

Talking with Guus at DPO, he seemed sure it was software. My understanding is they are aware of it and that our code update will fix it.

I also read a post earlier and listened to a podcast, where it references the new boards on the chinese games. When talking with the guys at dpo, I believe the boards are being made compatible. So for those of us with games, we won't be shit out of luck if the main board takes a steamy.

#6754 6 years ago

I'm still having rug issues, it sometimes runs backwards or just smashes against the stops and keeps trying to drive. When I get a 'rug mode ready', it will drive closed, and ignore any rug hits. Seems like a really easy software fix, just add some logic. Like if the rug mode is ready, and the closed switch is activated, rug hit detected, open rug. Done.

Also having some troubles with the VUK, if it doesn't get the ball up on the first try, it immediately fires the solenoid again, misses, repeats. I adjusted the switch and it's better, but a slight delay to let the ball settle before firing again would definitely work

Other than those two issues, I love it

#6755 6 years ago

Mine has been on location for over a year now and it has been holding up pretty well for the most part. Flippers have been rebuilt and I think the main issues are some broken plastics, lots of wear, and the rug sticker thing that's on the roller is now busted open so I need a new rug

I have some audits but need to check them again. I think it's the most played one as i know there were more plays than the one in the Netherlands that's been on location longer. My operator is tops though and has fixed most of the little things and keeps it running well.

#6756 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Mine has been on location for over a year now and it has been holding up pretty well for the most part. Flippers have been rebuilt and I think the main issues are some broken plastics, lots of wear, and the rug sticker thing that's on the roller is now busted open so I need a new rug
I have some audits but need to check them again. I think it's the most played one as i know there were more plays than the one in the Netherlands that's been on location longer. My operator is tops though and has fixed most of the little things and keeps it running well.

I'd be really interested in the audits and some photos of the machine if you ever have the chance. As an aside, I can't find the audit for games played on my machine - assume it must be there somewhere?

#6757 6 years ago

no audits on the machine itself (they know to add that to code). you can guesstimate off of ball drains etc. though. They have some beta stuff on mine so we could track the audits though...

#6758 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I actually posted in your thread a week or so later to ask what your thoughts are on the game. I've had mine since May 16, but had a number of problems and I only got the game fully working in December. Absolutely loving it now everything is working correctly.
I do have one small issue though - occasionally all the switches stop registering during gameplay. Happens maybe one game out of twenty - the flippers etc still work, but no switches register, even when the ball drains, and it never enters ball search. I have to reboot the machine when it happens. As it's so infrequent and seems to happen at random I assume it's software, but if so I imagine other owners would have had the same problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

I never seen this happened on my #26 / Doesn't get more than 10 plays a month though.
What software version do you have ?
I never put the latest one on my game.

#6759 6 years ago

Does everbodys White Russian look like this? 2 cubes? What do the others look like? I marvel at the hand craftsmanship of this machine nightly. Just...get out...the games...man.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6760 6 years ago

Damn near looks good enough to drink!

#6761 6 years ago

Mine has worked much better than I expected for a first game from DP. I broke one plastic cleanly in half where a hold down screw was located and one piece started blocking my ball launch under the bowling alley. But it was easy to fish out and reinstall. Other than that I've had maybe one P-ROC not found error message or something like that which was solved with a reboot. Oh, and about every 30 games or so, a ball will bounce back into the kick out trough and I'll have to pull the glass to fix that. It's a great game though, built like a tank.

It is a difficult game though and there's not much that comes out of hitting that scoop shot to the left of the rug, which I seem to hit all of the time without trying. I'd like to see a code update one of these years that adds some more awards there and maybe ups the overall scoring some. And while I'm at it on a short code update list, I'd like to see some Knox Harrington, the Video Producer in the game somehow and maybe a hurry up mode with Bunny hauling ass in the little red car to Viva Las Vegas until she crashes into the fountain.

#6762 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'd like to see a code update one of these years that adds some more awards there and maybe ups the overall scoring some. And while I'm at it on a short code update list, I'd like to see some Knox Harrington, the Video Producer in the game somehow and maybe a hurry up mode with Bunny hauling ass in the little red car to Viva Las Vegas until she crashes into the fountain.

Here's hoping anyway. FYI for those who may have missed it and/or since forgotten - per DP's 11/2/17 update:

Q: Will there be future code updates and will the software be compatible with both TBL versions?
A: Yes. We are working on a smaller update which will be released very soon and when the new games ship they will include complete code version 1.0 (including Wizard Mode).

#6763 6 years ago

SWEET

#6764 6 years ago

Okay, finally holidays are done. Let's build some TBL's. Before you know it the 30 day August summer holiday will be here. Yes I know it's not 30 days but the US side always feels that way since we get so few holidays over here.

#6765 6 years ago

20th anniversary of the film today! Put up a new high score on machine this am. Haven't played in a while due to guilt over this whole thing.

Hope games start shipping soon

#6766 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

20th anniversary of the film today! Put up a new high score on machine this am. Haven't played in a while due to guilt over this whole thing.

No reason to be guilty? I would play the crap out of that thing!

#6767 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Dude - you should feel guilty for not playing it! Play the heck out of that pin!!

Happy 20th Dudes!

#6768 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude - you should feel guilty for not playing it! Play the heck out of that pin!!
Happy 20th Dudes!

If anyone has guilt it’s me, this was not the way things were supposed to happen! RTR the day you get your game will be a day that I also celebrate!

#6769 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If anyone has guilt it’s me, this was not the way things were supposed to happen! RTR the day you get your game will be a day that I also celebrate!

I agree. RTR has been a class act during a long and difficult time.
And of course I wish the best for everyone waiting on the their machines.

#6770 6 years ago

I am just a simple dude hoping to eat his crow and change his avatar one day.

#6771 6 years ago

@rtr, that crow still in the deep-freeze?

#6772 6 years ago

I thought you guys might like this article on what the critics thought of Lebowski 20 years ago...and now. I sincerely hope you get your games before the film is old enough to legally buy a white Russian (in the U.S.)!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/03/06/the-big-lebowski-is-20-we-reached-out-to-the-critics-who-panned-it-to-see-what-they-think-now/

#6773 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

rtr, that crow still in the deep-freeze?

Yup, nice and frosty.

#6774 6 years ago

i really appreciate the weekly DP's communication about TLB production.

#6775 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i really appreciate the weekly DP's communication about TLB production.

Well, then you're sure to love their TPF seminar!

#6776 6 years ago

Every time something is posted in this thread I excitedly click and see...just you guys saying stuff. Oh well...I love this TBL community. I'm just a deposit Dude but hope to see a TBL in all y'all's basements real soon!

#6777 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Every time something is posted in this thread I excitedly click and see...just you guys saying stuff. Oh well...I love this TBL community. I'm just a deposit Dude but hope to see a TBL in all y'all's basements real soon!

Believe me, if and when I finally get my TBL (#59 overall), you and ALL OF PINSIDE will know it!

#6778 6 years ago

Uuiuuuggggghhhhhh.

#6779 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Uuiuuuggggghhhhhh.

X2

#6780 6 years ago

X3

#6781 6 years ago

X4 on newsletter Friday?

#6782 6 years ago

Is there going to be a factory tour for EA's?

#6783 6 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Is there going to be a factory tour for EA's?

It would be more of a pub crawl to show where most of your money went... Make this darn game already Pretty Please!

#6784 6 years ago

Because it's Throwback Thursday...

Screenshot_20180315-094441 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180315-094441 (resized).jpg

#6785 6 years ago

That was so long ago it was taken with a film camera no? Did they have digital back then? lol.

#6786 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

That was some expo. My first and only visit to Chicago expo. Was a great experience, one of best expo’s ever . But Of course the one we held in 2017 dpo expo NL was better

Made the decision to buy TBL at that show. Who would have guessed that over three years later we still would e waiting

Now waiting for good news which should hopefully be soon. Jaap and Barry are both not visiting TPf as they wanna concentrate on just 1 thing, production.

#6787 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Jaap and Barry are both not visiting TPf as they wanna concentrate on just 1 thing, production.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why.

Sorry, I had to.

#6788 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah, I'm sure that's why.
Sorry, I had to.

Too right, its a well known fact that men can only concentrate on one thing at a time ..

#6789 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Too right, its a well known fact that men can only concentrate on one thing at a time ..

IMG_0168 (resized).JPGIMG_0168 (resized).JPG

#6790 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

They look like in that picture that they may not have been paid

#6791 6 years ago

Looked like Jaap was at the booth when Jack was doing a walk around ... but it was the background and slightly pixelated.

You sure he didn't travel Rensh

#6792 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looked like Jaap was at the booth when Jack was doing a walk around ... but it was the background and slightly pixelated.
You sure he didn't travel Rensh

I was told by Barry that he and Jaap didn’t go to TPF. Also didn’t see any Facebook post from a traveling Jaap.

You know that they say that everyone has a twin on this planet, you found Jaap’s Twin ?

#6793 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That was some expo. My first and only visit to Chicago expo. Was a great experience, one of best expo’s ever . But Of course the one we held in 2017 dpo expo NL was better
Made the decision to buy TBL at that show. Who would have guessed that over three years later we still would e waiting
Now waiting for good news which should hopefully be soon. Jaap and Barry are both not visiting TPf as they wanna concentrate on just 1 thing, production.

Oh yes, the DPO 2017 was the best expo I visited in 15 years in the hobby ! What a location !! And 2 working chinese TBL. If it was possible to pay cash and take the machine I had asked for a bank in the area. TBL is my favorite if, and only only only, if the machine is ready to be paied and directly picked up. DPO are for me the most worst businessman on planet earth.

Maybe they do not show up on conventions for the reason that they dont want to answer questions ... also a option.

#6794 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If it was possible to pay cash and take the machine I had asked for a bank in the area.

Lebowski cash machine (resized).jpgLebowski cash machine (resized).jpg

#6795 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

DPO are for me the most worst businessman on planet earth.

To clarify, DP and DPO are two different entities. I am sure you meant DP.

Quoted from TomDK:

Maybe they do not show up on conventions for the reason that they dont want to answer questions ... also a option.

In DP's defense, they HAVE shown up for multiple conventions post-ARA fallout. While the communication was poor, it's not like they vanished and went into hiding like others before them.

I am glad they chose to sit TPF out. I hope they continue doing so until games are shipping and there is clarity on their game plan for Early Achievers who paid in full for their MIA game(s).

#6796 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Oh yes, the DPO 2017 was the best expo I visited in 15 years in the hobby ! What a location !! And 2 working chinese TBL. If it was possible to pay cash and take the machine I had asked for a bank in the area. TBL is my favorite if, and only only only, if the machine is ready to be paied and directly picked up. DPO are for me the most worst businessman on planet earth.

Couple of remarks to your appreciated comment.

There were no two Chinese TBL. One was ÄRA one was Chinese. In this way you could compare and on purpose there was no marking on the outside giving away which one as Chinese.

And yep I am sure you meant you meant DP are the worse businessman as DPO is a show.

And like stated, DP has not gone I to hiding and they have visited plenty of shows after all the drama begun

#6797 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Couple of remarks to your appreciated comment.
There were no two Chinese TBL. One was ÄRA one was Chinese. In this way you could compare and on purpose there was no marking on the outside giving away which one as Chinese.
And yep I am sure you meant you meant DP are the worse businessman as DPO is a show.
And like stated, DP has not gone I to hiding and they have visited plenty of shows after all the drama begun

So could people tell the difference between the ARA game and the Chinese game?

#6798 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So could people tell the difference between the ARA game and the Chinese game?

Nope. This topic has been up befor but two ÄRA TBL owners, pdxmonkey and Burningman, played them both at DPO and approved the Chinese version

#6799 6 years ago

Yep they played the same.

Only difference I noticed was one had a early achiever badge.

#6800 6 years ago

so was at tpf this weekend and cointaker had a flyer out taking orders on this game, whats up with that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/136?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.