(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 306.
#6651 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

It would be better if you could date when the picture was taken so many people keep drinking the Kool-Aid

Since I can't leave the party ("Early Achiever" still waiting for my game), I'm going to drink whatever I can while it lasts.

#6652 6 years ago
Quoted from cudabee:

Rens, are there no more coinmechs in the chinese production games, or is it just this one sample?

I bet it's just a sample for the prototype.

#6653 6 years ago

I really hope everyone gets their machine someday. This machine should be made for the masses. Such a great title. This machine is a lot of fun to play.

#6654 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Hello that picture could have been from any time. It would be better if you could date when the picture was taken so many people keep drinking the Kool-Aid

Pretty sure there weren't any crates of that type during their prototype / ARA era ... especially being air freighted from PVG (Shanghai Pudong) to AMS (Amsterdam Schipol).

#6655 6 years ago

Got message that no NSN is expected today, rescheduled for next week.

So, bring out the knifes and forks and shoot the messenger.

#6656 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Why should we expect anything more?

#6657 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wouldn't have expected anything differently. How long could this possibly take?

The management of DP is simply horrible.

I'm sure this will all work out in the end.....NOT

#6658 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks as always for the info Rens!

As I'm sure you understand, continuing to not hear anything from DP is not only disappointing, but disconcerting as well given past TBL history when DP has gone silent.

I hope to hear some good news (or any news for that matter) from DP directly next week. And that you don't get put upon to be their unofficial messenger again.

#6659 6 years ago

Can they maybe show us another side of that wooden carton?

#6660 6 years ago

I wish they would sell the whole operation to someone that knows how to manage a business, like JJP. Would love this machine but never from DP.

#6661 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They can't even complete a simple newsletter. Pathetic. Not you Rensh of course

#6662 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No one is shooting you. Having a flu doesnt mean the owners cant bang out a 3 paragraph NSN. Hell, I applaud you for being the only one who does communicate what's going on. If only DP were as motivated to get info out...

#6663 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can they maybe show us another side of that wooden carton?

Raiders of the Lost Pinball

IJ (resized).jpgIJ (resized).jpg

#6664 6 years ago

I sort of wish Rensh was making TBL.

#6665 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I sort of wish Anyone was making it!! lol I really want this game, dream theme for sure!

#6666 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Or at least DP could employ Rensh as their spokesperson

#6667 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Or at least DP could employ Rensh as their spokesperson

That would be great, but I would recommend to Rens not to.

All he would be doing is taking the heat off DP and putting it on himself. You can tell from his last post he was preparing for everyone to shoot the messenger. Rens, just keep doing what we all appreciate.

Speaking of heat...I just got back on facebook, you would never know that DP is under any kind of pressure. I guess you could take comfort in that. Or maybe not.

#6668 6 years ago

Just saw this in the linked ads to alien thread.. are these equivalent?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58730

I say no.. both are shaky companies, but all the proprietary stuff in an alien vs proc, bally/Williams parts in TBL. What say you?

#6669 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I wish they would sell the whole operation to someone that knows how to manage a business, like JJP. Would love this machine but never from DP.

How quick people forget...
How late WOZ was, how late TH was.
JJP were in trouble and, if not for the investor gone belly up

#6670 6 years ago

JJP was taking money for hobbit, to build outstanding WOZ games, then, when that didn’t work blamed substandard parts for the delay in Hobbit.

JJP also took new money and gave machines to them first whilst the start up guys waited for their games.

This will be what DP will most likely do.

#6671 6 years ago

I was told by DP at the EAG that 1 sample game was on its way to CoinTaker for their approval on its build quality and if that was good then orders would be placed and production would start

Has CT been in touch with pre-order customers or made public their opinion of the game?

#6672 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

JJP was taking money for hobbit, to build outstanding WOZ games, then, when that didn’t work blamed substandard parts for the delay in Hobbit.
JJP also took new money and gave machines to them first whilst the start up guys waited for their games.
This will be what DP will most likely do.

Except in the end a Billionaire bought majority ownership of JJP.

#6673 6 years ago

Yep, a bail out, at least DP had said don’t take anymore pre-order money after things started to go wrong.. and despite all the shit they are still trying to get machines made.

They have got permission to make more than 300 and have approached pinball distributors in Europe, UK etc to build up more interest to get the games going..

#6674 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How quick people forget...
How late WOZ was, how late TH was.
JJP were in trouble and, if not for the investor gone belly up

When you have no communication from DP, lots of alternatives start to look better. They are their own worst enemy.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has CT been in touch with pre-order customers or made public their opinion of the game?

Other than Rensh 's updates here, I haven't heard anything since DP's last NSNL.

#6675 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I say no.. both are shaky companies, but all the proprietary stuff in an alien vs proc, bally/Williams parts in TBL. What say you?

I give him credit for being creative and smart but I think it foolish for anyone to take him up on the deal for the reasons you mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong but last I saw, TBL's were selling in the 12-15000 range. And isn't pricing for a new TBL, if they ever get made, at $10,000?

Do I have those numbers correct or have things changed?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6676 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I give him credit for being creative and smart but I think it foolish for anyone to take him up on the deal for the reasons you mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong but last I saw, TBL's were selling in the 12-15000 range. And isn't pricing for a new TBL, if they ever get made, at $10,000?
Do I have those numbers correct or have things changed?

Not sure I would call the inquiry foolish nor anyone interested in the trade. He was offering unobtainium toward unobtainium. Plus it was never listed as a straight up sale. Your numbers are correct on both and who knows, Maybe some day Someone will complete this dream theme but for now getting one may require some creative bait which is what the classified used. And for the record it worked and I played it! Awesome game!!! The only foolish deal in pinball is the one you never try!

#6677 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I would call the inquiry foolish nor anyone interested in the trade. He was offering unobtainium toward unobtainium. Plus it was never listed as a straight up sale. Your numbers are correct on both and who knows, Maybe some day Someone will complete this dream theme but for now getting one may require some creative bait which is what the classified used. And for the record it worked and I played it! Awesome game!!! The only foolish deal in pinball is the one you never try!

Please read my comment again. I give him credit for making a smart and creative offer. But if you like, I will restate some of my words for you here:

**But I think it foolish "If I" were to take him up on the deal*

Quoted from Yelobird:

The only foolish deal in pinball is the one you never try!

Completely agree and I see no harm in his trying and I congratulate him. If I were in his situation, I would be attempting the same deal.

#6678 6 years ago

No word from CT to me anyways.

#6679 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Raiders of the Lost Pinball

here is a video update.

#6680 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Just took this ad down. If you don't have an Alien, you should have one. Code is amazing. Game is intense. Great rule set.
Cointaker may still have a few left. Big container of LE's coming to the states in the next few weeks or so.

#6681 6 years ago

I have Faith !! And when my game arrives it's going in the living room!!!
Just for a night

20171203_093839 (resized).jpg20171203_093839 (resized).jpg

#6682 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just for a night

You still got a Christmas tree up. Lol. She must be getting a little crispy by now!

#6683 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just for a night

lol. Don't go near those candles!! Lets hope it stays up there as long as the tree!

#6684 6 years ago

NSL this morning..

Welcome to our regular update on the status of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.

Although things seem to take forever we finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Xytech has finished Engineering Sample (ES) number 4 of the pilot builds and it will be send out to us next week, just after Chinese New Year. The ES 3 is in The Netherlands for a few weeks now and besides some issues we are very happy with the overall quality.

We hoped to be in production already, but because of the immense complexity of building a pinball machine, things take longer. We know this game inside out, but for the Xytech team it is a complete new type of machine and it takes time for them to learn and understand pinball.

We expect game 4 will be 99.9% perfect and, if so, that's the point when we are ready for starting 'real' production again in China. On February 26th the Chinese New Year will be over and Xytech will then start setting up the pinball production line in the factory.

Giving a specific time when production will start depends on lead-time of parts. Most parts will take only a few weeks, but some parts may take up to two months once ordered. This means that at this point we expect to begin assembly in April-May. In the meantime we won't sit still of course, because we and Xytech can use this time to prepare everything for production and start with sub-assemblies with the parts that are already there.

We are working very hard to get you your TBLs and this is the only important thing right now for Dutch Pinball.

We will come with a new update after we have received and reviewed game number 4 from Xytech.

Barry and Jaap

dp-logo-mail-new

#6685 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

If you don't have an Alien, you should have one. Code is amazing. Game is intense. Great rule set.

Alien isn't a theme for me, TBL is. Plus like I said, I am less worried about TBL in the long run vs heighway given the balance of proprietary parts. Sorry to pick on your ad

#6686 6 years ago

who are the europeans dealers please?

#6687 6 years ago

Love it! Great TBL update!

#6688 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

who are the europeans dealers please?

At this moment Freddies Pinball Paradise Germany and Pinball Heaven UK.

#6689 6 years ago

When does the price of TBL in hand start crashing down to earth? If DP actually succeeds and gets new games flowIng out the door at the 10k price point that immediately puts to rest the 14k-16k asking prices on original games right? Particularly when the new games have been improved across the board if one is to believe all the feedback from DP thus far. The handful of originals are destined to fall to about 8k i would guess, right?

#6690 6 years ago

The real question is how many new games need to be sold to start fulfilling Early Achiever preorders?

#6691 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The real question is how many new games need to be sold to start fulfilling Early Achiever preorders?

For me it is the mix new orders - achievers - production capacity. This determines how long it will take to get my game. Suppose they make 50 games a week and the ratio is 50% after 6-7 weeks all achievers have their game. If the production capacity is 10 pcs a week it will take 30-35 weeks which means last achievers only get their game like early 2019. Lot more difficult to swallow while it’s same mix.

Above numbers are NOT based on any info I have from DP. Solely examples with random numbers which calculate easy.

For the moment I just wanna see the production line starting and running regardless the mix. This would be so comforting to see the train has finally left the station. The delay after delay is so frustrating. And believe me, Barry and Jaap experience this frustration even more.

#6692 6 years ago

TBL is a Cracking Game! Very impressed with it, the code. If it was resleased in the 90s would be taken for a BW in respect of art & code

#6693 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

When does the price of TBL in hand start crashing down to earth? If DP actually succeeds and gets new games flowIng out the door at the 10k price point that immediately puts to rest the 14k-16k asking prices on original games right? Particularly when the new games have been improved across the board if one is to believe all the feedback from DP thus far. The handful of originals are destined to fall to about 8k i would guess, right?

No offense but Why do you care?
Sounds like you really want an original and you're hoping the price will drop. Lol. Not a chance.
Good luck with that. I paid a small fortune to get one of the originals. It plays perfectly and is built like a brick house.
I hope everyone gets one of the Chinese versions. Machine is a blast.

#6694 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

At this moment Freddies Pinball Paradise Germany and Pinball Heaven UK.

None is pricing it!
What is the price of this game?
Thanks

#6695 6 years ago

None is pricing it!
Thanks

If they had set a price, then you would know.

#6696 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If they had set a price, then you would know.

They are supposed to sell it but did not put in shop yet. So no price.

#6697 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6698 6 years ago

They are supposed to sell it but did not put in shop yet. So no price.

Yes ...

#6699 6 years ago

None is pricing it!
Thanks

Like the tire and appliance store ads:

"Priced TOO LOW TO ADVERTISE"!

#6700 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

No offense but Why do you care?
Sounds like you really want an original and you're hoping the price will drop. Lol. Not a chance.
Good luck with that. I paid a small fortune to get one of the originals. It plays perfectly and is built like a brick house.
I hope everyone gets one of the Chinese versions. Machine is a blast.

I would love a TBL! I had a deposit on one through Nitro before this thing went totally off the rails. In my opinion its a fantastic game and probably the best game on the planet that no one can have (besides the lucky first 50+/-). That said there is no way the current asking price on those originals DOESNT drop like a rock if the new version gets off the ground and are available in unlimited quantities. There is not going to be anyone willing to pay the same price, much less a premium price for an older, non-supported version of the game. They all amount to basically prototypes. Can the old ones be converted to the new ones? That's an important question. What happens when your main board dies? Are you out of luck or can the entire thing be converted to match the new Chinese model? If so, who pays for that? I would be very scared to own one of the originals at this point not only since the value is going to plummet (unless of course you are an original owner who only had to pay $8500 - youll always be ok value-wise from that perspective) but from a reliability and longevity standpoint, anything specific about the ARA version that is being upgraded, modified or otherwise changed becomes very difficult to foresee a logical path to repair. Maybe DP will send out all new playfields to original customers? We have seen lots of reports of problems with the boards...bad USB ports triggering issues, the one at Sunshine Laundromat in NYC has been down for months from what I hear with no way to fix it. If anything goes wrong on your original youll likely be in the same boat unless its something simple or standard like a coil or wiring issue. Anything with the boards - huge problem.

Every buyer who can buy the Chinese one for 10k and have one that's NIB, fully supported from a warranty and parts perspective is going to take that option over an original unless they were really hard up for the novelty aspect of owning one of the long lost ARA versions. Can anyone explain any other reason that anyone would want an original at the same or higher price than a NIB, improved version?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.