(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 306.
#6551 6 years ago

On BoP 2.0, trophies are only awarded if you have registered your profile at the beginning of the game. Holding down the right flipper, etc. Maybe TBL is similar?

#6552 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

On BoP 2.0, trophies are only awarded if you have registered your profile at the beginning of the game. Holding down the right flipper, etc. Maybe TBL is similar?

TBL will be similar. The currently released software does not have them implemented yet but a future update likely will (the coding is done for it). The software on the Xytech prototype at the DPO had the trophy system running.

#6553 6 years ago

Is Barry still in China!?

Got to be due a Xmas TBL Update!

#6554 6 years ago

Combo shots are needed. A few random ideas...

Either with scoring and/or awards. Hit the Walter ramp then the donnie orbit and get the "shut the fuck up donnie" award...could be additional points or add an additional light to both donnie and Walter to help complete them.

Complete the dude and maude characters and get a Knox Herrington bonus, with the laugh....

Extra points for completing a character and collecting that characters bowling ball.

.....and maybe some decorative balls

Just some ideas...anxious to see what the next code brings

20171222_081807 (resized).jpg20171222_081807 (resized).jpg

#6555 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is Barry still in China!?
Got to be due a Xmas TBL Update!

That would be nice ! Throw me a crumb DP

#6556 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Either with scoring and/or awards. Hit the Walter ramp then the donnie orbit and get the "shut the fuck up donnie" award...could be additional points or add an additional light to both donnie and Walter to help complete them.
Complete the dude and maude characters and get a Knox Herrington bonus, with the laugh....
Extra points for completing a character and collecting that characters bowling ball.
.....and maybe some decorative balls
Just some ideas...anxious to see what the next code brings

Agree.

Combos are also a stark omission on BoP 2.0, unfortunately. Comboing the left and right orbits on BoP are some of the best feeling shots in pinball, IMO. In original BoP code, they aren't hugely vital, but at least you get increasing combo awards for reasonable points, and cool sound effects. BoP 2.0 ... nothing really. Something in that regard for both TBL and BoP 2.0 would improve them quite a lot IMO. As would progression / awards for completing a certain number of non-combo shots.

Low hanging fruit like that, rather than new modes, can add quite a lot of satisfaction and scoring strategy IMO. Particularly if EBs are up for grabs.

On the topic of BoP 2.0, the plastic that returns the ball to either the right inlane or back to the ball launcher (fed by the PinBot upper pf), has essentially been removed from the game in 2.0, which is a bit of a shame. It does nothing.

#6557 6 years ago

We have 8 TBL toppers left in stock. We were never able to figure out how to get a 12V source from the game to power it up. We tried different ideas and the only way to do it is with wall power, sooo here is a Christmas deal to move these remaining toppers.

$125.00 + shipping You can order direct from me at [email protected] and let me know what length power cord you will need for it. I will not make any more.

Thanks
Joe

tbl topper (resized).jpgtbl topper (resized).jpg

#6558 6 years ago

This is an awesome idea. Wish I could upvote more than once.

Quoted from burningman:

Hit the Walter ramp then the donnie orbit and get the "shut the fuck up donnie" award.

#6559 6 years ago

Very nice work ... but are there already 8 TBL delivered, just the topper on the wall is a little boring

Quoted from Laseriffic:

We have 8 TBL toppers left in stock. We were never able to figure out how to get a 12V source from the game to power it up. We tried different ideas and the only way to do it is with wall power, sooo here is a Christmas deal to move these remaining toppers.
$125.00 + shipping You can order direct from me at [email protected] and let me know what length power cord you will need for it. I will not make any more.
Thanks
Joe

#6560 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Very nice work ... but are there already 8 TBL delivered, just the topper on the wall is a little boring

I think around 50 have been delivered.

#6561 6 years ago

All sold out..Thanks and have a Merry Christmas

Joe

#6562 6 years ago

NSNL just hit

Welcome to another update about the status of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

In our last newsletter we informed you that we tested Engineering Sample #2 at the Dutch Pinball Open and that it performed very well. We also told you that Barry was going to visit the Xytech factory in Suzhou (China) for the second time in the beginning of December. Barry returned the 15th and spend two weeks in training the Xytech production team on further assembly instructions and in testing the final product. The team is learning pretty quick and will now finish Engineering Sample 3, 4 and 5 before preparing everything for production.

We will start ordering parts for the first batch of TBLs. We understand that you want to know when your game will be assembled but at this stage it is impossible to predict. The Xytech team is doing well but it will still take some time to get things started.

In our last newsletter we also mentioned that we will start promoting TBL in Europe. For this we will be present at the EAG International in London (January 16-18, 2018). You can visit us there and play The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. For more information about the EAG, please visit https://www.eagexpo.com

We also will be present at the TBL pinball party that will be organized by Freddy’s Pinball Paradise in Germany. This will be on Saturday February 10th. More details about this will be announced soon via Freddy’s: http://www.freddys-pinball-paradise.de

That’s it for now. We wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

Barry and Jaap

PS our next newsletter will be after the EAG show

dp-logo-mail-new

#6563 6 years ago

I think the question in regard to European distribution is now answered: Freddie’s pinball paradise.

Only question is now will they be the only one?

#6564 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Thanks
Joe

Email sent. Please tell me I didn’t miss out on the Dudley offer.

#6565 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think the question in regard to European distribution is now answered: Freddie’s pinball paradise.
Only question is now will they be the only one?

Is it confirmed?

#6566 6 years ago

Predicting delivery dates is only “impossible” if you have no idea what is happening. I’ve had some cautious optimism about one day actually getting my TBL. These guys appear to be making things move along, but that statement takes a big dump on that optimism. You have engineering samples so the bill of materials should be set. You know what parts are needed, where to get them, how much they cost, and how long it takes to build with an inexperienced team that should only get faster. What is missing to give delivery estimates?

I’d guess the missing element is funding which needs to be supplemented by new orders that also need to be built. If there was strong confidence that will not be a problem we should have dates. An approach like building 10 new orders and then a couple early achievers would be nice and is predictable. We don’t have dates.

#6567 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Predicting delivery dates is only “impossible” if you have no idea what is happening. I’ve had some cautious optimism about one day actually getting my TBL. These guys appear to be making things move along, but that statement takes a big dump on that optimism. You have engineering samples so the bill of materials should be set. You know what parts are needed, where to get them, how much they cost, and how long it takes to build with an inexperienced team that should only get faster. What is missing to give delivery estimates?
I’d guess the missing element is funding which needs to be supplemented by new orders that also need to be built. If there was strong confidence that will not be a problem we should have dates. An approach like building 10 new orders and then a couple early achievers would be nice and is predictable. We don’t have dates.

The fact that they have not ordered parts yet is also troubling.

#6568 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

The fact that they have not ordered parts yet is also troubling.

Not really. By the sound of it, production won't be up and running by the end of January. By which time it's pointless to make any major moves as CNY starts on February the 16th, and the facility would almost certainly be shut for at least a week, then.

So I suspect the first machines are likely to ship somewhere between the end of February and mid-March, if they remain 'on track'. Allowing for usual delays or problems to be ironed out, I'd guess end or March / early April.

Furthermore, I'd guess they'll order parts for just one container load initially. Both because I don't think there's much likelihood of them being able to afford parts for all ~350 machines in one lump (plus what ever plans are for EU / AUS), and because they probably plan to take their time getting the first batch right.

#6569 6 years ago

063d5ba5af8b0beddb2f7d72a0091232593be21a1 (resized).jpg063d5ba5af8b0beddb2f7d72a0091232593be21a1 (resized).jpg

#6570 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

What is missing to give delivery estimates?

Vendor execution for one thing. Actually getting delivery, inventorying... and then the early stages start. I take the comment as just them taking caution because they pretty much know they don't have the leverage to force dates on others. They'll probably take the cheapest route for parts in terms of time vs cost etc.

lesd time on parts can be brutal. This looks like maybe q2 next year...

#6571 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Vendor execution for one thing. Actually getting delivery, inventorying... and then the early stages start. I take the comment as just them taking caution because they pretty much know they don't have the leverage to force dates on others. They'll probably take the cheapest route for parts in terms of time vs cost etc.
lesd time on parts can be brutal. This looks like maybe q2 next year...

Agree that parts should take at least 3 months to buildup and guessing they'd be ordering quantity to build 200 games. DP was pretty vague if the parts included boards and playfield but this might be best case scenario for last parts to arrive. The good news is that once they do, it will only be cashflow that slows production, parts will be in-house. At least they are following their outlined approach, even if timeline is off some. That actually provides some comfort. Build 5 engineering samples - done. Determine final BOM and order parts - current step. Start building games - likely 2Q18. Order next batch of parts for second batch of 200 games. Deliver first batch of 200 games - mix of new money and EA games - 2Q18 thru 4Q18. Deliver 2nd batch of 200 games 1Q19-2Q19.

#6572 6 years ago

Where's the pinballs, Lebowski!?

#6573 6 years ago

Any word on the pins that are being held hostage.

#6574 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

JJP was way wrong the first game, Heighway the same, Dutch Pinball as well (first run), MMR, some small runs (i.e.Captain Nemo) and maybe somathing I forgot too: I think it's save to say that giving a wrong estimate did some harm to some companies and it's proven at least very very hard to estimate right, so I don't think it's strange they won't at the moment. Maybe there are some examples who have done better (AP and Spooky?), but we've seen enough times that there were given estimates again and again that turned out to be impossible, so I think it's ok that Dutch Pinball doesn't give a new estimate now.

#6575 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

We were never able to figure out how to get a 12V source from the game to power it

Tap into the translite wire and you are good to go

Edit: you can do the same for lit flipper buttons.. (cointaker .12v style)

#6576 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

On the topic of BoP 2.0, the plastic that returns the ball to either the right inlane or back to the ball launcher (fed by the PinBot upper pf), has essentially been removed from the game in 2.0, which is a bit of a shame. It does nothing.

I have the thing here too, I really don't understand what you mean. How can a plastic be removed by a software kit?

#6577 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I have the thing here too, I really don't understand what you mean. How can a plastic be removed by a software kit?

It plays no role in the game whatsoever other than as a return, and there's zero point getting the ball there anymore as it doesn't do anything in 2.0. So it might as well be removed.

#6578 6 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the preorders. Here’s hoping in one year we’ll be waking up and starting our day playing our TBL.

#6579 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It plays no role in the game whatsoever other than as a return, and there's zero point getting the ball there anymore as it doesn't do anything in 2.0. So it might as well be removed.

There is a gain in nudging it towards the shooter lane, as it will give you another skill shot. if yours does not do that, check the shooter lane switch.

#6580 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Merry Christmas to all the preorders. Here’s hoping in one year we’ll be waking up and starting our day playing our TBL.

Here's to getting our TBL's in 2018!

#6581 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

There is a gain in nudging it towards the shooter lane, as it will give you another skill shot. if yours does not do that, check the shooter lane switch.

Shooter lane switch works perfectly, but in 2.0 rather than 1.0, there is no skillshot. It also does not register either gate switch entering the ramp.

I know they work fine, because in 1.0 emulation mode on the 2.0 kit they all work perfectly.

Another BoP 2.0 that I played behaved identically.

#6582 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Here's to getting our TBL's in 2018!

I truly hope that those of you still waiting get your machines in 2018 - it does seem that DP are making progress so I’m feeling optimistic for you all. If everything goes to plan there should be many more Lebowski owners this time next year!

#6583 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Shooter lane switch works perfectly, but in 2.0 rather than 1.0, there is no skillshot. It also does not register either gate switch entering the ramp.
I know they work fine, because in 1.0 emulation mode on the 2.0 kit they all work perfectly.
Another BoP 2.0 that I played behaved identically.

Check if your right exit switch of the pinbot mini playfield works (test with the ball). You should get a skillshot when the ball comes from the mini playfield and lands in the shooter lane within 3 seconds.

#6584 6 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Check if your right exit switch of the pinbot mini playfield works (test with the ball). You should get a skillshot when the ball comes from the mini playfield and lands in the shooter lane within 3 seconds.

I'll check in the switch test mode when I get time. But it worked both originally, and still works in emulated 1.0 mode. Not sure it's being registered in 2.0.

#6585 6 years ago

Any chance talk about BoP 2.0 related talk be moved out of the TBL thread?

#6586 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any chance talk about BoP 2.0 related talk be moved out of the TBL thread?

I have skin in TBL and own a first run BOP 2.0.
I too, would appreciate it been moved back to that thread.

2 weeks later
#6587 6 years ago

Crickets. Cmon man! What's the word DP?

#6588 6 years ago

Had dinner with Barry last Tuesday. We had a redactionmeeting of our clubmagazine in which I and Barry participate. TBL was not in the agenda but it was briefly discussed.

So situation is like last NSN. Work in progress so to speak We can only be patient and rest assured, they are doing their utmost best but it takes time and time and time

They have now announced in last NSN their German distributor and this is not the last European distributor. Hint: see on whose booth they are next week at EAG

Naysayers will use this as a Ponzi scheme but your money (if any) will be with distributors not DP. I see it as positive. Distributors care about their reputation and will not easily sign up with a company which they think will fail. For sure they will get more insight as we have and if this insight makes them become a distributor this assures me.

So (to) slowly but surely it’s moving. Keep faith.

#6589 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So situation is like last NSN. Work in progress so to speak We can only be patient and rest assured, they are doing their utmost best but it takes time and time and time ...

Thanks as always for the update Rens. I'm concerned that @RTR's crow is starting to get freezer burned in the meantime.

Tick ... tick ... tick ...

#6590 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had dinner with Barry last Tuesday. We had a redactionmeeting of our clubmagazine in which I and Barry participate. TBL was not in the agenda but it was briefly discussed.
So situation is like last NSN. Work in progress so to speak We can only be patient and rest assured, they are doing their utmost best but it takes time and time and time
They have now announced in last NSN their German distributor and this is not the last European distributor. Hint: see on whose booth they are next week at EAG
Naysayers will use this as a Ponzi scheme but your money (if any) will be with distributors not DP. I see it as positive. Distributors care about their reputation and will not easily sign up with a company which they think will fail. For sure they will get more insight as we have and if this insight makes them become a distributor this assures me.

So to paraphrase, DP still needs cash, has no timeframe, but hasn't thrown in the towel yet.

Really nothing new to report that would compel anyone new to order a game.

#6591 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They didn't say they were a distributor in the last update, so I assumed it was more of a wait and see approach, and the 'party' being hosted was to gauge interest.

If they actually have a contract with Freddy's, that's huge for them (if they can deliver).

I think they sell more NIB than anyone else in Europe, and Germany is by far the largest NIB market in Europe.

They also have a fantastic reputation for service and honesty. I don't think they would wish to imperil that unless they were fairly sure this was going to work.

By the same token, though ... if Freddy's now either don't go in, or pull out, that is likely a very bad sign.

#6592 6 years ago

Same Kool-Aid (resized).jpgSame Kool-Aid (resized).jpg

#6593 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pinball Heaven, who are by far the best distributor in the UK, posted this on their Facebook page towards the end of December...

PH DP (resized).jpgPH DP (resized).jpg

#6594 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Pinball Heaven, who are by far the best distributor in the UK, posted this on their Facebook page towards the end of December...

Hadn't seen that.

Interesting.

Wouldn't count any chickens yet though, since none of these (potential) resellers / distributors are yet advertising, and no games are shipping.

#6595 6 years ago

I'm curious about support for current TBL owners..if anything on the PF breaks or a board needs to be replace, are they shit outta luck? Is DP even still in business?

#6596 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Unfortunately it takes more than time, it takes money. If they had money, time could be speed up.

#6597 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm curious about support for current TBL owners..if anything on the PF breaks or a board needs to be replace, are they shit outta luck? Is DP even still in business?

Yes, contrary to iceman44's post in another TBL thread yesterday (which you posted agreement with curiously), DP is still in business. And they are continuing to support current TBL owners.

#6598 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks as always for the update Rens. I'm concerned that RTR's crow is starting to get freezer burned in the meantime.
Tick ... tick ... tick ...

Well, I haven't tossed it yet, but I have moved it to the deep freeze in the garage. It's under 5 old packs of deer sausage a buddy gave me back in 08.

It's got freezer burn and it's way the hell out of date, but I still hope to eat it one day. The crow, not the deer sausage....

#6599 6 years ago

What's the update DP?

#6600 6 years ago

They said update after EAG and that is still going on this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/132?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.