(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 306.
#6451 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

China manufactured

And you never know - the games manufactured in China may turn out to be better in certain ways than those previously manufactured by ARA in the Netherlands. Or not; it's somewhat of a crapshoot at this point.

Either way, per sd_tom 's point, after being stuck on the TBL roller coaster for years, I'm happy to be able to roll the dice.

#6452 6 years ago

Yup I get it makes sense, and I’m with you guys, better than not having them made at all.

#6453 6 years ago

If we would see this unit as preproduction type and compare them with the 5 units at dpo 2015 where several needed repairs first day of the show (not unusual for preproduction) and this one holds up the whole day without a single issue (only found left flipper to start loosing power in the evening) than I say thumbs up to Xytech

#6454 6 years ago

Made in China doesn't have the same connotation as it did years ago. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

#6455 6 years ago

Any stuck balls? We have a lot on location and most of the time the machine is out of order is b/c of that. We've let DP know what those are so hopefully they've got fixes for those since that's the only regular issue we have with the TBL we have on location which BTW has been earning pretty well and hasn't had many other issues...

#6456 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Any stuck balls? We have a lot on location and most of the time the machine is out of order is b/c of that. We've let DP know what those are so hopefully they've got fixes for those since that's the only regular issue we have with the TBL we have on location which BTW has been earning pretty well and hasn't had many other issues...

I haven’t seen the glass off even once but am not constant looking at it. Allthough it’s a pretty sight

#6457 6 years ago

Quick update....

I didn't see the glass off once for any adjustments or stuck balls. After playing it and giving it a pretty serious going over, I couldn't see any place where a corner was cut. I would say build quality is the same as the ARA games.

Only difference I could tell was the additional power to make the Walter ramp. I will be playing it much more today and will post later on.

Besides TBL playing well, this show is over the top. I will be back.

#6458 6 years ago

Can anyone post some video of TBL from the show?

#6459 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Quick update....
I didn't see the glass off once for any adjustments or stuck balls. After playing it and giving it a pretty serious going over, I couldn't see any place where a corner was cut. I would say build quality is the same as the ARA games.
Only difference I could tell was the additional power to make the Walter ramp. I will be playing it much more today and will post later on.
Besides TBL playing well, this show is over the top. I will be back.

You played the machine with last upgrade code? DP should share it shortly.

#6460 6 years ago

Just played it again...no new code running and I stuck ball...also noticing the shoot again light is always on. Don't think either is a big deal. The head tech guy from xytech is coming today.

20171112_102021 (resized).jpg20171112_102021 (resized).jpg

#6461 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just played it again...no new code running and I stuck ball...also noticing the shoot again light is always on. Don't think either is a big deal. The head tech guy from xytech is coming today.

Yep, it had its first time glass taken off. A flat cable came a little loose and had to be pushed back on. That’s it.

So, still going strong. Only advised Barry to increase the power to the left flipper. The right one felt more strong as left one.

#6462 6 years ago

Last week I dropped my Lebowski off with a pinball technician due to my ongoing issues with the bowling alley. With some help from Barry he was able to get everything working, and I collected it and brought it home yesterday. I got it home and for one game everything was working perfectly. Unfortunately during the second game all the solenoids died simultaneously during gameplay, and none worked during test. I raised the playfield and the red fuse LEDs for F01, F02, F03 and F08 weren’t lit, despite none of the fuses appearing to be gone. I tried removing and reseating all the connectors, thinking that something could have come loose in transport, but this only made things worse – now when I start the machine I get the ‘P3-ROC NOT FOUND PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION & POWER’ message on the LCD.

When I power on the machine the blue LEDs on the p-roc light up, so I assume that the power is ok, and all other connections seem solid. Has anyone had a similar issue? It’s frustrating - everything was finally working correctly for a brief moment, and now the machine won’t even boot!

#6463 6 years ago

I was hoping for a Dutch-built game, but at the end of the day, it'll still be a Dutch-made game.

I think it would be hilarious to see a bootleg TBL on Alibaba.

#6464 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

...I think it would be hilarious to see a bootleg TBL on Alibaba.

funny, it could happen!

#6465 6 years ago

P3-roc not found is a connection issue. USB on computer to p3roc USB. Try to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Last week I dropped my Lebowski off with a pinball technician due to my ongoing issues with the bowling alley. With some help from Barry he was able to get everything working, and I collected it and brought it home yesterday. I got it home and for one game everything was working perfectly. Unfortunately during the second game all the solenoids died simultaneously during gameplay, and none worked during test. I raised the playfield and the red fuse LEDs for F01, F02, F03 and F08 weren’t lit, despite none of the fuses appearing to be gone. I tried removing and reseating all the connectors, thinking that something could have come loose in transport, but this only made things worse – now when I start the machine I get the ‘P3-ROC NOT FOUND PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION & POWER’ message on the LCD.
When I power on the machine the blue LEDs on the p-roc light up, so I assume that the power is ok, and all other connections seem solid. Has anyone had a similar issue? It’s frustrating - everything was finally working correctly for a brief moment, and now the machine won’t even boot!

#6466 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

P3-roc not found is a connection issue. USB on computer to p3roc USB. Try to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable

I've tried this a few times with no luck. It was working fine until I disconnected and reconnected the a couple of the power cables running to the main board on the playfield, but the fuse hasn't gone and the blue power LED still comes on. I'll check the USB cable again but I must have disconnected/reconnected it 3 or 4 times already.

#6467 6 years ago

I'm also occasionally getting a strange screen I haven't seen before when I boot the game - it disappears after 10-15 seconds or so and then resumes normal loading up until the PROC not found screen. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_0037 (resized).jpgIMG_0037 (resized).jpg

#6468 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm also occasionally getting a strange screen I haven't seen before when I boot the game - it disappears after 10-15 seconds or so and then resumes normal loading up until the PROC not found screen. Has anyone seen this before?

That is just the normal bootloader. It will show this screen if you disrupted the previous boot. This works as expected.

#6469 6 years ago
Quoted from jabdoa:

That is just the normal bootloader. It will show this screen if you disrupted the previous boot. This works as expected.

Thanks, that's reassuring. The strange thing is it comes up maybe one in every five times I boot the machine now, despite the fact that I always turn the machine off at the PROC not found screen. Weird.

#6470 6 years ago

So based on reports from this last weekend, Xytech Lebowski's are officially happening?

#6471 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

So based on reports from this last weekend, Xytech Lebowski's are officially happening?

Technically Nothing is official until products are rolling out but it does appear they have a plan to make that officially happen again!

#6472 6 years ago

I´ve been at the DPO and fortunately stood next to Jaap (Dutch Pinball) and Mirco (Playfields) when they talked about delivering some playfields in January. Jaap additionally told me that they would start a smaller production with Xytech, when the prototype which they presented during the convention seems to be solid enough. So I really think it´s about to happen. But there´s one little problem: I played both pins within 20 minutes, first the classic machine and then the Xytech-prototype. In my opinion they played different. The classic one felt brilliant, like a W/B or a JJP and we loved it. The prototype much more felt like a Stern. The gameplay and the details on the playfield are still great but I didn´t feel that worthy somehow. That´s a pity because we were surprised how much fun that pin was in general. I hope the Chinese can built it a bit worthier until January.

#6473 6 years ago

I don’t care how it plays just that I get mine and it works.

#6474 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

In my opinion they played different. The classic one felt brilliant, like a W/B or a JJP and we loved it. The prototype much much felt like a Stern.

I'm curious about this, owning both W/B and Sterns. IMHO, the playing feel has been mostly regarding mechs (such as flippers, coil strength choices, etc.) vs. other factors. What do you feel is lacking in the gameplay feel exactly? Responsiveness? Solidity of game parts? Sounds or vibrations? I'm just curious what you think from an electronics manufacturer would have changed to make a different feel.

#6475 6 years ago

I played also both machines and the "original" was a bit smoother.

The xytech-prototyp felt not so smooth and the rug had some problems... Also the right flipper had some issues.

The gameplay was the same as the original but not so smooth.... And it felt a bit clunky...

#6476 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

The xytech-prototyp felt not so smooth and the rug had some problems... Also the right flipper had some issues.
The gameplay was the same as the original but not so smooth.... And it felt a bit clunky...

Exactly. Smoother is the right word for the original machine and the sounds/vibrations of all mechanical parts felt more solid. The funny thing is that I had some issues with the left flipper finger. It got stuck sometimes in the upper postion and was lacking a bit when coming back. To describe it in points I would say the original machine was a 10/10 and the new one a 7/10 when all the issues are fixed.

#6477 6 years ago

and as they opened the coindoor of the prototype, it was very parse assembled.
Hope they can increase the quality.
But for me the Dialed In was much more fun then the TBL

#6478 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I´ve been at the DPO and fortunately stood next to Jaap (Dutch Pinball) and Mirco (Playfields) when they talked about delivering some playfields in January.

I also said hello to Barry when he had a pile of playfields heading to the parking lot. I mentioned to him that I had Euros but he wouldn't sell me one....looks like they were heading to the factory.

#6479 6 years ago

Does anyone have the .45 software update link handy?

#6480 6 years ago

Barry show me the inside of the china model.
I can tell you that the quality looks great, no chinees junk but quality parts.
Small boards so you don't have to swapp half of the machine.

#6481 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I would say the original machine was a 10/10 and the new one a 7/10

Those figures sound great to me. A prototype and it's already 7/10....holy shit!!

#6482 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

and as they opened the coindoor of the prototype, it was very parse assembled.
Hope they can increase the quality.
But for me the Dialed In was much more fun then the TBL

Yes but Dialed In has Red and Ted, TBL has the DUDE! lol Would have Loved to see JJP snake this title but the theme is Priceless and a cult favorite!! While nobody loves to see the words Made in China, can we think of many if any Electronic products that are not made there and preferred over any other country? As I type this on my iPhone.....

#6483 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

IMO the flippers weren't correctly adjusted (and AFAIK they're using identical parts to the ARA one), and power was also lacking.

Rug had no problems when I played, but that was first thing on Saturday morning.

#6484 6 years ago

I hope they will made progress and build a solid machine.
But i hate the point that there is no European Distributor

#6485 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I hope they will made progress and build a solid machine.
But i hate the point that there is no European Distributor

Be patiënt. You Will be served. At the moment there are no tbls on sale anyway.

#6486 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Does anyone have the .45 software update link handy?

See if this works, it's from an August 2016 e-mail:

http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=36a27ab316&e=1e146d34a4

Note, you also need to install all preceding updates between what came on your game and the most recent update of .45. So, .41 through .44 for instance.

#6487 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^
THANK YOU!

#6488 6 years ago

I played it on Saterday morning at the DPO and I thought it played well. The prototypes at the DPO a few years back had problems shooting the lock (ramp) well, but this one I could shoot the ramp easily. The right ramp was a bit harder to make, but that's just a harder shot to aim right: a well aimed shot would make it easily. To me the game felt right and shots felt good.
At Saterday the rug was working well. I don't know if things had changed after that time. It was being played non-stop, every time I walked by (and so was the 'original' non-Chinese model, which I hadn't played this DPO).

#6489 6 years ago

I played the Xytech prototype on Sunday morning and I think it was solid built and played smooth. The Donny loop when shot from the left resulted in several sdtm drains, but it seemed to me that could be fixed with bending the metal ball guide at the right side end. I've played the game on a test location quite a bit and the Xytech game seemed to be working more correctly. I didn't notice any inconsistencies during gameplay. So far so good

Jaap did a seminar on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully video will be available soon. Getting TBL made is priority #1 for them.

#6490 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO the flippers weren't correctly adjusted (and AFAIK they're using identical parts to the ARA one.)

The flippers on the xytech games have EOS switches, where the ARA games do not.

#6491 6 years ago

In the Who's Working On What section on the Pinball Magazine website I added a summary of the Dutch Pinball seminar with a few corrections that Jaap just told me over the phone: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=34. The TBL details can be found in the notes for November 13.

#6492 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

That's interesting.

#6493 6 years ago

So nobody took video of TBL at DPO? Don't recall seeing any links. ARA vs Xytech is what I wanna see.

#6494 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So nobody took video of TBL at DPO? Don't recall seeing any links. ARA vs Xytech is what I wanna see.

Rens and I were talking about this. I know in a video you couldn't tell the difference. There really wasn't anything to show.

I never had a chance to get inside the game, so I don't have any pics inside the cabinet.

There were a ton of people taking pictures and videos so I am sure there will be a video posted somewhere soon.

#6496 6 years ago

There may be a European distributor.... well for as long as Britain is in the EU

#6497 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

This was the biggest issue on the one I have so glad to see they fixed this!

#6498 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

This was the biggest issue on the one I have so glad to see they fixed this!

Oddly enough, I’m not sure they are implemented in software yet...

The flippers shoot a tab bit crisper but are still lacking the quick response to post pass normally.

#6499 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Oddly enough, I’m not sure they are implemented in software yet...
The flippers shoot a tab bit crisper but are still lacking the quick response to post pass normally.

Luckily, my post pass skills suck, so I won't notice!

#6500 6 years ago

Dear Rens,

Welcome to our regular update of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

In our last update we informed you that we would test the Xytech machine at the Dutch Pinball Open that was held on November 11 & 12. It was a great show with 470 pinball machines in a beautiful venue: the Evoluon in Eindhoven.

We had two games (old & new) lined up and the players couldn’t tell which one was an old model and which one was the new one. If we asked the players, some pointed out the game on the left and others pointed out the game on the right. The game looks great and plays great.

The past weekend was an endurance test for the game and the results and notes will be communicated with Xytech as soon as possible so Xytech has time to build three new engineering samples which will be inspected personally by Barry early December when he visits the factory again with Cor Hagens (project leader of Xytech). If the new engineering samples are up to spec Barry will assist Xytech to prepare for production.

As soon as Barry, Cor and the Xytech production engineers are satisfied with the quality of the engineering samples and determined how the line will be set up for production, the production engineers will instruct the production team (about 10 employees) to assemble the machines. The first weeks the production engineers will accompany the production team.

Barry will be in Suzhou until mid December. After his trip we will send you the next update.

We hope you are as happy as we are that the Xytech TBL performed so well!

Till next update!

Barry and Jaap

dp-logo-mail-new

image001 (1) (resized).jpgimage001 (1) (resized).jpg

image002 (resized).jpgimage002 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.