(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,069 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11069 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 222.
#6051 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

id want to hear from the bank manager more than the CM

I don't think he is coming, so we have to play the hand we are dealt.

#6052 2 years ago

I don’t think a tbl2.0 will b at expo. They are hoping to have one finished in October but that time schedule is already tight I guess and time for transport is just not there. This besides the fact that expo is mid October which makes time even shorter.

Now DPO 11-12 nov in NL is different. This gives them a couple of weeks extra plus transport time is like 1-2 hours and costs only some car-fuel. If they are there no worries, they will be tested and I will report back. Burningman and pdxmonkey will also be at DPO so they can compare quality of Tbl vs Tbl2.0.

I am happy DP are going to expo (it will always bring new info) and curious about the new CM. Interested to hear their take on this and how they see producing a pinball and timeframes they are expecting. Knowing the new CM and being able to check their reputation also gives an idea on status DP. Am quite sure DP had to be very open to new CM to get this moving and that the new CM knows more as we know about DP, especially financial status. Don’t think new CM will do this pro bono and DP had to open books and supply them with all kind of info. Only normal business to do so.

Left or right, coming few months will be make or break I guess for DP.

#6053 2 years ago

Hang in there guys. This game is worth every penny. I picked one up used and it is the best game I bought in a long time. It looks fantastic and just plays sooo smoooth. My goodness, this game is insane

IMG_5989 (resized).jpg

#6054 2 years ago

I hope the DP guys have a TBL 2.O at EXPO to calm the earliest achievers nerves.....

#6055 2 years ago

Will there be a NSNL this week? They missed the last 2.

#6056 2 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I hope the DP guys have a TBL 2.O at EXPO to calm the earliest achievers nerves.....

I think it's unlikely. But who knows. It will be interesting to hear from the new manufacturer.

Quoted from JimB:

Will there be a NSNL this week? They missed the last 2.

They said there wouldn't be another update until Expo.

#6057 2 years ago

Rumor I heard was 2 games retrofitted with new boards at expo.

Full new machine at DPO.

Just a rumor but I hope it’s true.

#6058 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Rumor I heard was 2 games retrofitted with new boards at expo.
Full new machine at DPO.
Just a rumor but I hope it’s true.

I heard the same thing. Some one will have to look under the playfield to see if it's true.

#6059 2 years ago

Rumor of retrofitted Tbl is incorrect. Sorry guys.

However, tbl2.0 on DPO is on schedule

Would love to see the DP seminar at expo. Are they doing a video recording of it?

#6060 2 years ago

So any TBL at expo, even the old and busted prototypes?

Need my yearly fix....

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So any TBL at expo, even the old and busted prototypes?
Need my yearly fix....

Skip expo and come to NL on 11-12 November and be one of the first to play tbl2.0

Looking at the show program of expo we can do better

#6062 2 years ago

I'm at Expo and can give an update after the talk on Friday.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I'm at Expo and can give an update after the talk on Friday.

Great. Thanks. I am also curious to the reaction of the people attending the talk to the news they are bringing. I found the news of Who the new CM is interesting.

Ask whatever question comes in your mind !! Don’t hold back.

#6064 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I found the news of Who the new CM is interesting.

I can only guess by your comment this new CM is "known" to us?

#6065 2 years ago

I am hoping it will be streamed...anyone know if the buffalo guys will be twitching it?

#6066 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am hoping it will be streamed...anyone know if the buffalo guys will be twitching it?

Hit them up on Twitter. Same for Dead_Flip.

Quoted from frolic:

I can only guess by your comment this new CM is "known" to us?

Been discussed in the thread and DP have announced who they are.

Medium sized firm. They make postal sorting equipment. Jaap used to work for them.

When I thanked Barry for some help bug fixing my BoP 2.0, a couple of days ago, he seemed pretty upbeat. Hopefully both they and the CM have all their ducks in a row this time out.

Edit: Correction. Jaap apparently didn't work for them.

#6067 2 years ago

Anyone there ? 20 min till some serious tap dancing by the boys I imagine.

Let's just hope no tone deaf game 2 kind of thing like TPF.. just an assessment of where they are right now.

#6068 2 years ago

the new contract manufacturer is XYTECH. there here at expo

#6069 2 years ago

10/13/2017 - Dutch Pinball Newsletter - Pinball Expo 2017
Dear Rens,

Welcome to your update of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

At this moment, we are giving a presentation at Pinball Expo in Chicago and we would like to share this information with you.

Things are going as planned. We are working on the Engineering Samples of TBL and it looks like we will finish them this month. We hope to be able to show some new things at the Dutch Pinball Open (DPO) which will be held on November 11 & 12 in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). Please click here for more information about the DPO: https://www.nfvpinball.nl/dpo/

We also will reveal the name of our new contract manufacturer who will be on stage in Chicago too. It is a company called Xytech.

Xytech is a Dutch company with locations in Venray (The Netherlands), Tel Aviv (Israel) and Suzhou (China). Xytech has about 110 employees and offers turn-key contract manufacturing services for high complex (electro)mechanical modules and systems. They have a wholly owned production facility in Suzhou (China) where the Engineering Samples are being built. The factory is organized in a European way and is approved as a contract manufacturer by Universal Studios. Xytech has customers in the professional paper handling industry (feeders, printers), in the medical industry and in the 3D printing industry. And now also in the pinball industry! Xytech is ISO certified (9001: 2008 and 14001: 2004) and is founded in 2005.

Barry and Guus spent 10 days in Suzhou and were impressed by the skills and the organization of Xytech. The fact that Xytech picks up the workers in the morning to bring them to the factory, offers them lunch and bring them back home after work makes that lots of people want to work for Xytech and this pays off: they have the best workers in the area.

(Barry & (mostly) Guus showing how it's done.

The first Chinese Engineering Sample

Bottom playfield with the new boards system (cable harnass is not final yet)

From Left to right: DP: Barry, Guus. Team Xytech: Bruce, Alex, Steven & Cor.

We enhanced the TBL on several points. The biggest change is the PCBs. Our official distributors Cointaker and Nitro Amusements asked for this because smaller PCBs are easier to service (and cheaper) and although we have 0 failures from the big PCBs we designed new PCBs with the help of Xytech.

Instead of two big boards with almost all LEDs, drivers, IO on it. We now have a board system with everything split up into separate boards. We now have separate LED boards with only LEDs, separate driver boards with only coil drivers, separate LED IO (IO = Input / Output) boards with the PD-LED on it, which only handles communication to the LED Boards, a separate Bowling Alley Board which only handles the bowling alley which makes it much easier to troubleshoot and replace in case of failures. In the middle, we also have the new IO Board with the P3ROC on it (like before). The IO Board handles all the IO from switches and drivers and also drives the stepper motors. We have designed the IO Board in such a way that it will be compatible with our next games in the future. This (forward-) compatibility also applies for all other boards except the LED Boards which of course are game specific due to the layout of the game.

So… We are working on the Engineering Samples. The plan is to finish this in October. After that, we (Barry, Guus, and Jaap) will inspect the new TBLs to see if they are according to spec so we can give the approval to start the regular production. If all goes well, we expect to be able to show the first new TBL at the DPO and expect to deliver the first TBLs this year. We hope you are as happy as we are that we will be building new games!

When will you get your TBL?
We don’t know yet exactly because we have to take one step at the time. At this moment we don’t know how many we will be able to build and deliver this year. We also don’t know the production schedule yet, but as soon as we know we will let you know. First, we focus on the Engineering Samples and then take the next step.

We hope you are happy with this update. Of course, we know that it took a lot of time. The good news is that you WILL GET YOUR TBL!

We expect to send you a new update in three weeks (the first week of November).

Take care,
Barry and Jaap
Please follow us on Facebook too. We also post news at:
https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

Follow us on facebook
Email us
Visit our website

why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Dutch Pinball BV · Doctor Poelsstraat 6 · Reuver, Limburg 5953 NP · Netherlands

#6070 2 years ago

EAC16C93-E704-4CBF-A631-8069E7DE9781 (resized).png

4ACA715F-1D13-42A9-82FB-88DE7DEC6F2F (resized).png

D5A43A0B-54F4-42D7-866B-2371ACC0C7B7 (resized).png

A4DAF57E-DD6A-4DBC-A94C-F83C648A2FB7 (resized).png

#6071 2 years ago

GOnna beat homepin I guess with first production pinballs made in China?

I find it very interesting with a lot of potential as long as they get the quality right

http://xytech.com/

#6072 2 years ago

"The good news is that you WILL GET YOUR TBL!"

#6073 2 years ago

TBL Now made in China!

#6074 2 years ago

Jaap: New orders will have to be filled first to fund previous preorders build.

#6075 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That's not a surprise. Hopefully they can crank out the new orders at a good rate. If anything, that should help with Q/C so any bugs will be worked out before the preorders are built.

#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Woah, that’s rough

#6077 2 years ago
#6078 2 years ago

PF is still Mirco stamped. I assume the company is large enough that they don't have issues bringing in the playfields, P-ROCs and stock parts from the EU / US that smaller China-based concerns do.

Hopefully the offshore assembly and sourcing of some parts will allow them to hit a lower price point and sell more of them, provided the quality is right.

I wonder what other things will have changed ... IMO they will be mad if they keep the massive plate glass backbox glass. Totally over-engineered, really costly, and very heavy.

Hope the seminar was recorded.

Also, very interesting to see Guus is still there. He hasn't been seen or spoken of for an age. Maybe that means there's also hope of Koen finishing the code, if someone else doesn't.

Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

That's not a surprise. Hopefully they can crank out the new orders at a good rate. If anything, that should help with Q/C so any bugs will be worked out before the preorders are built.

You would hope that refers to the machines #200-300 from the CT / Nitro batch, not their additional orders beyond that and any rest of world orders they may now open up.

#6079 2 years ago

Yeah good point.. if you believe Mike from homepin it is nearly impossible to import goods like p-rocs and mechs from USA to China to incorporate into Chinese products. Which is why he has recreated every single part.

But, Mike is Mike..

#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You would hope that refers to the machines #200-300 from the CT / Nitro batch, not their additional orders beyond that and any rest of world orders they may now open up.

I am reading it that new orders will go out before preorders....basically, if you're on the cointaker or nitro list, you get your game before the early achievers.

Hopefully skins can verify.

#6081 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am reading it that new orders will go out before preorders....basically, if you're on the cointaker or nitro list, you get your game before the early achievers.

I think a new list has been opened for at least 200 more machines for CT & Nitro, of which they are quite some way in, and rest of world sales are also planned. Hence my comment about this hopefully referring to 'new' orders between #200-300.

#6082 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just like JJP

#6083 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

That’s how I took it as well. He didn’t specify all or blocks of say 10 new 10 old alternating though so there maybe a glimmer or hope for ea’s to not be dead last.

#6084 2 years ago

Hopefully DP will step up and do something special for preorders that will have to wait for their pins while those that didn't crowd fund their company get their pins first.

#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

This SUCKS!!!

And yes, I know, better to get my #59 late than never at all. Still SUCKS though. Ok - deep breaths. Adjusting my outlook and getting the vaseline ready (again).

#6086 2 years ago

Looks good, happy to see this progressing.

#6087 2 years ago

In talking with Jaap my impression was a blend of new buyers and original achievers. My impression from them was that something will be given to the achievers as thanks for their patience.

#6088 2 years ago

Someone ask Jaap what the ratio of new:old machines will be. 1, 2, 3, etc. And exactly how many EAs they have to cover.

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Someone ask Jaap what the ratio of new:old machines will be. 1, 2, 3, etc. And exactly how many EAs they have to cover.

They stated the amount though the exact number escapes me. I want to say 130 remaining but I very well could be wrong. I do remember him stating 55 were delivered.

#6090 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Wow. There's the proof that they're out of cash.

What if there are not enough new buyers? Who would pre-order AGAIN!? This is basically a pre-order crowdfunding deal now...$10k for a Chinese game!?!?

I'm sorry guys. Oooph. What a slap to those who's games are still hostage at ARA. Speaking of ARA - they're not gonna just disappear. That's still a thing.

#6091 2 years ago

As I am pretty sure that I am somewhere between #290 and #300... I approve of this message. I have $10,000 waiting to help you build the rest of those games, DP.

#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What if there are not enough new buyers? Who would pre-order AGAIN!? This is basically a pre-order crowdfunding deal now...$10k for a Chinese game!?!?
I'm sorry guys. Oooph. What a slap to those who's games are still hostage at ARA. Speaking of ARA - they're not gonna just disappear. That's still a thing.

Someone asked what if there’s not enough new orders to cover the old orders. They said, “there is enough. Ask Nitro.” They said, “there are people that canceled that told Nitro once DP starts building again I want back in.” Jaaap said new orders wont be an issue, they will have more than enough.

#6093 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

AFAIK, the deal is that CT/ Nitro pay on *receipt* of the shipments of #200-300, whether it be all of the machines at once or a container at a time. DP have not seen a cent of that money.

I can't imagine they will see anything either until they ship.

After holding out for a long time, CT finally caved and paid Andrew Heighway for the 10 Alien machines they were owed, plus other stuff, after he begged them for the cash so he could finish the build of their games. The few that they did then build, they were double or triple selling to other parties.

CT went apopleptic, understandably, after learning what was going on, and Andrew avoiding them like all his other customers. He then sent them 'evidence' of the machines shipping. He promptly sold said machines (including FThs) to a Dutch guy, who drove there with a truck and cash, which he had intended to do all along.

They were supposedly owed into 6 figures, for those machines and other product, and never would have got anything if the new owners hadn't stepped in.

After that experience, I highly doubt they will be in a hurry to risk their or their customers' money again like that.

#6094 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

After holding out for a long time, they finally caved and paid Andrew Heighway for the 10 Alien machines they were owed, plus other stuff, after he begged them for the cash so he could finish the build of their games. The few that they did then build, they were double or triple selling to other parties.

CT went apopleptic, understandably, after learning what was going on, and Andrew avoiding them like all his other customers. He then sent them 'evidence' of the machines shipping. He promptly sold said machines (including FThs) to a Dutch guy, who drove there with a truck and cash, which he had intended to do all along.

They were supposedly owed into 6 figures, for those machines and other product, and never would have got anything if the new owners hadn't stepped in.

After that experience, I highly doubt they will be in a hurry to risk their or their customers' money again like that.

What a terrible story to hear. I don't doubt it, things seemed desperate at the end (now that we've heard more).

#6095 2 years ago

How about a picture of a Chinese bowling alley?

In regard to financing. As I understand it it will be a mix. Ratio to be determined.

Rarehero (Didnt he state he Would leave this thread forever if he got a refund, did he lie? ) can state there is no better proof that they are out of cash but that’s no secret. They admitted this themselves that there is not enough money left to built everybody a Tbl or refund everybody. Topic has been covered several times already.

If they were totally out of cash which I think Rarehero is suggesting, how do you think these preproduction are paid? I guess a big chunk of money was left after ARA (remember, ARA prefinanced a lot of the parts and Labour) but just not enough to 1) refund everybody or 2) built everybody a TBL without extra cash. A delay of over 2 years must have eaten into the money.

They need to find a way to built approx 140 TBL of money they have left plus new income. The mixed deliveries is a way. Is this tough for us Achievers? Yes but if this is what it takes so be it. I am just hoping the production speed is high so we are set back perhaps just a few months.

So they are looking for a way to get everybody their TBL after being scr*wed by ARA. Congrats to them for not giving up.

Feeling more optimistic as in a long time. Look forward to playing a TBL2.0 @ DPO !!

CD52104F-39D5-415D-A56D-1380C935CDE3 (resized).jpeg

#6096 2 years ago

For all that the EA's have gone through I think Barry and Jaap should at least prepay the machines to the door at the very least.

#6097 2 years ago

We funded DP/TBL, yet we are now at the bottom of the wait list. Awesome! "TRUE-SERIAL™ Number" my @ss!

FUN FACTS:

- We will have experienced two Winter Olympics if/when we finally get our games.

- I watched your kids grow up and go off to college in your Subaru during this time.

- I was young and handsome when I preordered this game. I am no longer either one.

DP needs to polish the damn software during this downtime!

#6098 2 years ago

Just a personal comment on TPL. I Sooo wanted one Years ago and I can not imagine the heartache monetarily and mentally this business has caused but I must say seeing it now at Expo again seemed like a purposeful punch in the face to the Many buyers and lost soles they left behind. Just poor business. Add to that, unlike past shows I was absolutely amazing that the lonely old TBL machine in the back row Rarely had a sole looking at it. The interest and trust in this product and company appears to have vanished like the dollars many invested. Looking it over on only the second day of the show it was falling apart! No joke, pop pumpers glued on and fell off, wear at Every hole, and just hanging in there. It's a prototype but seriously, if your going to make yet another attempt to pilfer the US buyers for goodness sake bring your A game. Or at least a working one. At the Return of Lebowski price point there is No way they are going to reform a line for this title with JJP hitting Mega home runs and API right behind them. Just an opinion and observation, I sincerely hope for all your game or cash appears some day.........

#6099 2 years ago

Just looked up Suzhou on a map. The CM is 80 KM west of the Shanghai Hilton where I stay on business monthly. Would be great to find time to check out the facility where my Chinese TBL will be assembled!

#6100 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ouch

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.95
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 11069 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 222.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside