(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 306.
#6001 6 years ago

I like it dudes.

"It’s Friday again so… here is your weekly update about the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.
We introduced our friends Cointaker to our new Contract Manufacturer and both organizations were happy to meet each other via Skype. The three of us talked about 1.5 hours about plans and expectations and we concluded that 2018 will be a very good year for our three companies. We will introduce our new Contract Manufacturer to you at Expo in Chicago (from Wednesday, October 11 until Sunday, October 15) where we will do a presentation on Friday at 6PM.
This week we received almost all parts to start producing the 0-series. We are now waiting for the last parts to arrive so we are getting there! We still are on schedule that the first ‘new’ TBL will be ready in October. We still are on track to deliver the first ‘new’ TBLs before the end of this year.
Next week we will be back with another update.
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap"

#6002 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Instead of a big middle main board we will now have smaller boards with their own functions: an IO-Board, a LED IO board with separate LED boards, separate driver boards and some other small boards with their own specific tasks. This new system will make the new games even more reliable and it will be much easier to service and to replace a board that has a defect.

I really do hope that DP manage to start producing more machine, but I can't help but worry what the above means for owners of the ARA machines.

#6003 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I really do hope that DP manage to start producing more machine, but I can't help but worry what the above means for owners of the ARA machines.

maybe way after things are rolling again could see if they would be willing to put together an electronics upgrade kit, for purchase, of people who want to be mainlined or something. There's nothing wrong with mine so I'd like to see them helpful everybody else before they come back around and see how to support the original 50 or so.

#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

NSN time:
Dear Rens,
It’s Friday again so… here is your weekly update about the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.
We introduced our friends Cointaker to our new Contract Manufacturer and both organizations were happy to meet each other via Skype. The three of us talked about 1.5 hours about plans and expectations and we concluded that 2018 will be a very good year for our three companies. We will introduce our new Contract Manufacturer to you at Expo in Chicago (from Wednesday, October 11 until Sunday, October 15) where we will do a presentation on Friday at 6PM.
This week we received almost all parts to start producing the 0-series. We are now waiting for the last parts to arrive so we are getting there! We still are on schedule that the first ‘new’ TBL will be ready in October. We still are on track to deliver the first ‘new’ TBLs before the end of this year.
Next week we will be back with another update.
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

Doesn't sound like the timing would necessarily align, but wouldn't it be great for DP if they could have one of the "0-series" games at Expo this year, just to show that they're getting back on their feet and are capable of making machines again?

#6005 6 years ago

Re: the update. All sounds good. Hope they are not being too optimistic though, as missing the above milestones will just invite more (certainly valid) scepticism. Better to over-estimate the time things will take, and then reach objectives sooner, than under-estimate and take longer.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

From what they've said, the only major change in hardware is the big board under the pf being broken up into several smaller boards. Might mean some new wiring, but nothing that could not be overcome.

As long as they remain in business, I assume they'll support the ARA-produced machines.

#6006 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

maybe way after things are rolling again could see if they would be willing to put together an electronics upgrade kit, for purchase, of people who want to be mainlined or something. There's nothing wrong with mine so I'd like to see them helpful everybody else before they come back around and see how to support the original 50 or so.

Don't get me wrong - I very much want to see everyone with money in on Lebowski receive a game, and I agree that this should be their absolute priority, I just can't help but be slightly concerned in the long run re support if they are abandoning the old design. If they do manage to ship all the other games then it would be good to see them address the issue of having two different hardware designs out there.

As an aside, there are still things wrong with my game. I'm planning on taking it to a pinball tech soon and leaving it with him so he has a chance to liaise with Barry and try to get everything working as the problems I have are beyond my skill set to resolve. Hopefully I'll have a fully working game by the end of the year!

#6007 6 years ago

I wish us all luck - those who have received ARA manufactured games as well as those of us still awaiting our games.

FWIW though, at this point, I'd still rather be in the former group than the latter.

#6008 6 years ago

End of the year sounds a bit unrealistic.

#6009 6 years ago

Has anything been addressed by DP regarding the gen1 games. Seems they are going to be left twisting in the wind regarding support.

#6010 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Has anything been addressed by DP regarding the gen1 games. Seems they are going to be left twisting in the wind regarding support.

I imagine DPs focus at the moment is solely on getting the gen2 games into manufacture... I'm sure when this is ticking along they'll have a bit of breathing space and be able to spend some time supporting gen1 game issues... but it will be quite some time to be at this point... they'll also have to devote some time to negotiating with ARA about how to get the 40 games trapped there of course... my understanding us that ARA aren't easy to negotiate with though... Excellent to hear things are looking up for DP and TBL though!!!! Let's hope this union with the new manufacturer is a good one for TBL and future games!!!

#6011 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I imagine DPs focus at the moment is solely on getting the gen2 games into manufacture... I'm sure when this is ticking along they'll have a bit of breathing space and be able to spend some time supporting gen1 game issues... but it will be quite some time to be at this point... they'll also have to devote some time to negotiating with ARA about how to get the 40 games trapped there of course... my understanding us that ARA aren't easy to negotiate with though... Excellent to hear things are looking up for DP and TBL though!!!! Let's hope this union with the new manufacturer is a good one for TBL and future games!!!

I'm not sure there is any plan to negotiate with ARA about those at least 20 - possibly 40 - machines ... DP appear to have moved on.

#6012 6 years ago

Latest NSN:

Welcome to your weekly update on the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.

This week started with an accident. Jaap ditched his motorbike and had to go to the hospital for X-rays. Fortunately the rider is ok but the bike isn’t as you can see on the pictures.

This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!

We will keep you posted!

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#6013 6 years ago

We need Jaap to sign a waver that he not participate in any dangerous activities until our TBL's ship!

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

We need Jaap to sign a waver that he not participate in any dangerous activities until our TBL's ship!

They should take different planes when going to Expo

#6015 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does coming to Expo fall under that waiver ?

#6016 6 years ago

Early birthday present:

IMG_0872 (resized).JPGIMG_0872 (resized).JPG

#6017 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Early birthday present:

Nice one! Hadn't seen that before.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_4920-Ford-Gran-Torino-1973.html
https://www.amazon.com/Lebowski-Bridges-Torino-STAMPED-License/dp/B00GXHM7UU

Evidently the same car was used in an X-Files episode (don't you love the internet?):
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_43932-Ford-Gran-Torino-1973.html

#6018 6 years ago

Did you buy your wife a LAPIN plate yet?

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Did you buy your wife a LAPIN plate yet?

LAPIN (resized).jpgLAPIN (resized).jpg

#6020 6 years ago

Fun fact: translated from Latin, LAPIN means BUNNY. Translated from French, LAPIN means THE PIN, or PINBALL.

#6021 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Fun fact: translated from Latin, LAPIN means BUNNY.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lapin

#6022 6 years ago

The plot thickens. So in the end was The Big Lebowski actually the castrated male rabbit? ("That and a pair of testicles" as the Dude would say).

And more pressingly, who is castrating these rabbits?

#6023 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The plot thickens. So in the end was The Big Lebowski actually the castrated male rabbit? ("That and a pair of testicles" as the Dude would say).
And more pressingly, who is castrating these rabbits?

My guess it's the Nihilist, man.

IMG_0399 (resized).JPGIMG_0399 (resized).JPG

#6024 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Translated from French, LAPIN means THE PIN, or PINBALL.

Interesting theory

#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Interesting theory

Translated from Pig Latin, LAPIN is pronounced "APIN-Lay".

#6026 6 years ago

Last week we informed you about the motorbike accident that Jaap had. Fortunately the rider is ok (the bike is not but insurance will cover this) and we received a question as a result of this message. The question was: what would happen with the production and delivery of TBL if Barry and Jaap both would die? This is of course not what we have planned but… We looked at it and came to the conclusion that at this moment the production is covered by our new contract manufacturer and sales and service is covered by our official distributors Cointaker and Nitro Amusements. So you don’t have to worry if you hear news about a plane crash. All is organized to get you your TBL!

In the meantime we packed a pallet with parts for the Engineering Samples and it is now on its way to the factory. You’ll understand that we are very excited, we finally will be building TBLs again! In the factory the parts will be organized and prepared for assembly. We are still on track to finish the first ‘new’ Engineering Sample in October! After that we can start up regular production and we hope to be able to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBLs in December 2017.

This week we also would like you to show some of the new PCBs. We are very happy how they look and hope you also will like what you see:

IMG_3553 (resized).PNGIMG_3553 (resized).PNG

#6027 6 years ago

Hopefully the boards work as intended.

It will be a feather in their now rather depleted cap if they really can finish the engineering samples in October and deliver the first new machines in December, given how things looked earlier in the summer.

#6028 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It will be a feather in their now rather depleted cap if they really can finish the engineering samples and deliver the first new machines in December, given how things looked earlier in the summer.

I'll say. We'll be verging on a Christmas miracle if they're shipping games in December. I hope for everyone's sake that it comes to pass.

#6029 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'll say. We'll be verging on a Christmas miracle if they're shipping games in December. I hope for everyone's sake that it comes to pass.

Shipping is a lot different than receiving. I think they are track to box up their first shipping container by the end of December with the rate things are progressing. At the very least some European pins will make it out given no issues with the new build arise.

I really do hope these guys pull it off. They have worked hard to get this far, and have put up with a bunch of nay sayers, unfounded (and founded) rumors, and hard times.

#6030 6 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

They have worked hard to get this far, and have put up with a bunch of nay sayers, unfounded (and founded) rumors, and hard times.

The same could be said for us Early Achievers!

#6031 6 years ago

Happy for Jaap en Barry!! Keep up the spirit and looking forward to this Christmas

#6032 6 years ago

Going to be amazing when this all turns around and we all have our games. Good luck guys and hoping you pull this off.

#6033 6 years ago

I hope there is still an update today... maybe some photos of pinball machines being assembled

#6034 6 years ago

Update:
Dear

This week we received all parts and we will begin building the first Engineering Sample. We are very excited about this as you'll understand!

We also received the confirmation that our new contract manufacturer will join us at Expo in Chicago. We will introduce them at our presentation on Friday, 6 PM so you will have a chance to meet him and ask all questions that you have.

Our next update will be at Expo. We will send an email to you so if you can't join our presentation you will receive the news via email.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#6035 6 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

We also received the confirmation that our new contract manufacturer will join us at Expo in Chicago. We will introduce them at our presentation on Friday, 6 PM so you will have a chance to meet him and ask all questions that you have.

That seems like a positive development. Hopefully he's got good answers to the many questions the achievers must have at this point.

#6036 6 years ago

Not confident if parts are just in now that there's gonna be a new TBL at expo.. not enough time. So, will have to see how convincing they are with the talking part. But, it's good it feels close and the new CM willing to stand with them in front of a bunch of nihilists.

#6037 6 years ago

So excited to read things are moving in a positive direction again. I can't wait to see games being delivered again. I'll probably mitterate on my rug when I unbox mine.

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Not confident if parts are just in now that there's gonna be a new TBL at expo.. not enough time. So, will have to see how convincing they are with the talking part. But, it's good it feels close and the new CM willing to stand with them in front of a bunch of nihilists.

Do you think they'll bring any example of the game this year? Still haven't played this in person and was hoping there would be one at Expo.

#6039 6 years ago

I hear that there will be a TBL at Cointakers booth but I suspect that is the original one they had from past shows. I am hoping that DP will have a presentation focused on the beginning of production with the new contact manufacturer, e.g. photos of engineering samples in process.

#6040 6 years ago

Even if it is the old and busted one from past shows, I'll be in line waiting to play.

#6041 6 years ago

Where's are update Lebowski?....i FK u....i FK u....i FK u Lebowski!

#6042 6 years ago

It's mind blowing to consider that the we're wondering whether DP will have a working Lebowski at the 2017 Expo. 3 years after their big debut.

And it seems like the answer will be: no, no "new" prototype game at expo. If anything there will be a photo or video of a game running at the contract manufacturer, but that's it.

#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's mind blowing to consider that the we're wondering whether DP will have a working Lebowski at the 2017 Expo. 3 years after their big debut.
And it seems like the answer will be: no, no "new" prototype game at expo. If anything there will be a photo or video of a game running at the contract manufacturer, but that's it.

If that's true, then DP is doing things bass ackwards. First and foremost they should have a few final TBL's at Expo. Because people want to lay their eyes and hands on one. And having two games is better than one for many reasons. We want to be assured the game can handle being played endlessly while continuing to work flawlessly. Without TBL's at Expo, Jaap could skype in remotely and be projectd on the screen in the seminar room, thus saving the airfare and hotel expenses. But if DP brought some TBL's, people could judge for themselves. Dutch Pinball, why can't we see the final TBL?

#6044 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

AND especially given their presumptuous presentation at Expo 2014.

#6045 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If that's true, then DP is doing things bass ackwards. First and foremost they should have a few final TBL's at Expo. Because people want to lay their eyes and hands on one. And having two games is better than one for many reasons. We want to be assured the game can handle being played endlessly while continuing to work flawlessly. Without TBL's at Expo, Jaap could skype in remotely and be projectd on the screen in the seminar room, thus saving the airfare and hotel expenses. But if DP brought some TBL's, people could judge for themselves. Dutch Pinball, why can't we see the final TBL?

Sure, but it sounds like the games haven't been made yet. So there's nothing new to show.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sure, but it sounds like the games haven't been made yet. So there's nothing new to show.

Which is kind of why they don't need to be spending time and money on a hype tour. Instead they should get a few games built and then bring them to first available pinball show. No games should equal no shows. Build it and they will come, don't hype it and run.

#6047 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Which is kind of why they don't need to be spending time and money on a hype tour. Instead they should get a few games built then plan to bring them when they attend the next available pinball show. No game should equal no show.

I highly doubt most of the paying customers would agree. I think they, and most interested parties would like to hear from the new contract manufacturer.

Also, there is no other major US show before the date they claim they'll be shipping (December).

Though if there are no new machines at the DPO Expo in Eindhoven in November, then I think we can safely assume they have fallen behind or something is wrong.

#6048 6 years ago

If they have nothing to show now, they should wait until TPF in March. What is the point of showing off a manufacturer at a show? They could do this with a you Tube video. I think everyone is beyond taking DP on their word at the moment. The only thing that will give anyone any faith is an actual playable game from the new CM.

#6049 6 years ago

I'm about sick of the whole thing, but I do see some value in hearing from the new CM in person at a conference. There are a bunch of good questions someone in attendance could ask to ensure things are progressing.

#6050 6 years ago

id want to hear from the bank manager more than the CM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.