(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 306.
#5951 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

, see, you have nothing else to do but sitting here and read / respond this pinside topic 24/7. have fun.
Im gonna play and enjoy my TBL again. You will probably never as I think you will try to sell it NIB as soon if you get it.

My apologies, you must be 2 years old and stolen your mothers pass code. Have fun.

#5952 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Silence can be golden.

Hopefully next August 2018 we will all be happily playing our TBL's and telling DP have a great summer vacation, well earned.

#5953 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Hopefully next August 2018 we will all be happily playing our TBL's and telling DP have a great summer vacation, well earned.

Until then, I'll be saying "don't have a great summer vacation -- not earned."

#5954 6 years ago

I hear it's actually a secret plan to make Dutch Pinball great again while playing lots of golf.

#5955 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I hear it's actually a secret plan to make Dutch Pinball great again while playing lots of golf.

Or in this case, pocket pool.

#5956 6 years ago

....well its Friday and you know we are on vacation...here is your update

Vacation_233Pyxurz (resized).jpgVacation_233Pyxurz (resized).jpg

#5957 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Only the big board was made by Ara

He's going to see the big board (resized).jpegHe's going to see the big board (resized).jpeg

#5958 6 years ago

LOL

1 week later
#5959 6 years ago

Isn't there supposed to be a TBL update today????

#5960 6 years ago

Supposed to be according to the last update.

#5961 6 years ago

Maybe summer holiday was extended...

#5962 6 years ago

One day this game is going to really tie my collection and gameroom together.

#5963 6 years ago

August of 2018 ??? WTF
I thought game was going back into production soon

#5964 6 years ago

law suit about to begin.

#5965 6 years ago

Lawsuit to begin. By whom? DP vs ARA?

#5966 6 years ago
#5967 6 years ago

What was the Aug 18 comment? Has there been an update?

#5968 6 years ago

Umm by whom then??? Is there something real here or just smart comment?

#5969 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Lawsuit to begin. By whom? DP vs ARA?

ARA vs DP. A good friend of mine got an Email.

#5970 6 years ago

Interesting this lawsuit messages but unknown news over here of a lawsuit Ara vs DP or DP vs Ara. Or does wcbrandes means he starts a lawsuit against DP?

#5971 6 years ago

I am sure he means ARA is going after DP for the money they didn't pay and still owe for past shipped and completed games awaiting delivery.

Tell me why DP solicited investors to help pay the ARA amount owed, and when nobody wanted to invest and bop.2.0 Special version fund raising failed, no money to pay ARA now starting from scratch with pre sales of more games to fund old games.

I am sure ARA will also claim IP created by them on games DP are now trying to remake.

These lawsuits will delay this entire reboot and the reality of anymore games being made

Sad indeed, as it is a great game

#5972 6 years ago

ARA is suing DP? If true, the suit should not end in ARA's favor. Contract with DP was to deliver 300 TBLs in 2015 for a set price - as we all know that did not occur. Difficult case to win to allege you were not paid for your work if you didn't perform the work you were to be paid for.

#5973 6 years ago

Shomer shabbos that means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking post about lawsuits!!!!

#5974 6 years ago

Meh, I'll believe it if it's officially announced. Until then it's all trolling. Given the info at hand, and that ARA was in contact with DP customers, ARA would be a fool to file first.

#5975 6 years ago

My email response from DP today was that an update would be sent out on Monday this week.

#5976 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hope I get to eat this delicious crow in November. I have it ready to go, but will be in the fridge until then!

Just moved the crow from the fridge to the freezer...

#5977 6 years ago

I try and stay positive that I will get a Game in the end of this BS, thats starting to diminish

#5978 6 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

ARA is suing DP? If true, the suit should not end in ARA's favor. Contract with DP was to deliver 300 TBLs in 2015 for a set price - as we all know that did not occur. Difficult case to win to allege you were not paid for your work if you didn't perform the work you were to be paid for.

Dreaming simplification

#5979 6 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

You got that right, But they were NEVER paid. That is one of the reasons they can sue. Of course they stopped production when they never got paid.

#5980 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

You got that right, But they were NEVER paid. That is one of the reasons they can sue. Of course they stopped production when they never got paid.

If you are being charged more than agreed per contract and are looking at same higher pricing for new products would you just pay or contest the invoice? ARA broke all agreements on which DP responded with not paying bills.

If it was so simple that all blame lies with DP I am quite sure ARA would have sued them months and months ago in order to get their money. This is a relative simple procedure over here. Requires however 1 thing, invoices which correspond with the order .....

#5981 6 years ago

NSN today:

Dear

Holliday season is over, so here you have another update of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball production (sorry that we are late, we were supposed to send it to you last Friday).

We are collecting parts to produce the Engineering Samples and we’re busy developing the new PCBs. Instead of a big middle main board we will now have smaller boards with their own functions: an IO-Board, a LED IO board with separate LED boards, separate driver boards and some other small boards with their own specific tasks. This new system will make the new games even more reliable and it will be much easier to service and to replace a board that has a defect.

We also booked our flights to Chicago where we will visit Expo from Friday till Sunday. We will be spending a lot of time at the booth of Cointaker (where you can play TBL) and we also will do a seminar. Of course we will be available to meet you and answer your questions during the show. The Dutch Pinball seminar is scheduled on Friday at 6PM. Chicago Expo is from Wednesday October 11 until Sunday October 15. For more info please check http://www.pinballexpo.net/

If you can’t make it to Chicago you also can meet us at the DPO in Eindhoven (The Netherlands) which is held from November 11 & 12.

For more information about the DPO please visit https://www.nfvpinball.nl/dpo

We are looking forward meeting you!

Till next update!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

dp-logo-mail-new

#5982 6 years ago

Though the replacement of the big board with several smaller boards was expected, I'd be quite surprised if the engineering sample is finished and ready by the end of September or beginning of October. That since they don't mention specific progress with the new boards.

#5983 6 years ago

And who's going to fix the code if the new boards need code modifications? DP currently doesn't have a programmer.

#5984 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

And who's going to fix the code if the new boards need code modifications? DP currently doesn't have a programmer.

The programmer is a good friend of Barry and he hasn't left the country

So, a possibly needed software update is the least of my worries.

#5985 6 years ago

Talked to Jaap this morning and asked about them being sued by ARA, as is suggested a few posts earlier in this thread. That was news to him. He hadn't heard from ARA since April and they haven't been sued either.

#5986 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Talked to Jaap this morning and asked about them being sued by ARA, as is suggested a few posts earlier in this thread. That was news to him. He hadn't heard from ARA since April and they haven't been sued either.

Hard to believe a suit won't happen between DP and ARA at some point, but thanks for identifying this as rumor Unigroove.

#5987 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

That's because the suit hasn't been filed yet. ARA has certainly sent out Emails in regards to there possibly being one.

#5988 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's because the suit hasn't been filed yet. ARA has certainly sent out Emails in regards to there possibly being one.

can you post the source or info on this?

#5989 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can you post the source or info on this?

No. I didn't receive the Email. A friend did.

#5990 6 years ago

So can the friend please share the email?

#5991 6 years ago

A friend told me they are going to be producing some special edition machines that will be assembled on the moon. I don't have the email but that's what I heard.

#5992 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

A friend told me they are going to be producing some special edition machines that will be assembled on the moon. I don't have the email but that's what I heard.

Makes sense. Pinball machines are easier to assemble in a low gravity environment.

#5993 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Makes sense. Pinball machines are easier to assemble in a low gravity environment.

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Hal9000.jpgHal9000.jpg

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Shomer shabbos that means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking post about lawsuits!!!!

I laughed harder at this than I have in some time.

#5995 6 years ago

They're not going to sue shit. They're not going to do shit. What can they do to DP? Bunch of fucking amateurs.

#5996 6 years ago

Ok.so I got a thumbs for not jumping up n down with joy !

When I see a big rig in front of my house , the tailgate dropped and I peak inside and see a box with DP on it !!!! Im throwing a big party .

#5997 6 years ago

Obviously not everyone on this thread is a golfer.

#5998 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ok.so I got a thumbs for not jumping up n down with joy !
When I see a big rig in front of my house , the tailgate dropped and I peak inside and see a box with DP on it !!!! Im throwing a big party .

My downvote was due to your continued attacks on the English language.

#5999 6 years ago

NSN time:

Dear Rens,

It’s Friday again so… here is your weekly update about the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.

We introduced our friends Cointaker to our new Contract Manufacturer and both organizations were happy to meet each other via Skype. The three of us talked about 1.5 hours about plans and expectations and we concluded that 2018 will be a very good year for our three companies. We will introduce our new Contract Manufacturer to you at Expo in Chicago (from Wednesday, October 11 until Sunday, October 15) where we will do a presentation on Friday at 6PM.

This week we received almost all parts to start producing the 0-series. We are now waiting for the last parts to arrive so we are getting there! We still are on schedule that the first ‘new’ TBL will be ready in October. We still are on track to deliver the first ‘new’ TBLs before the end of this year.

Next week we will be back with another update.

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#6000 6 years ago

I sure hope they find a way to get that production line going again. I think there are a lot of people on the sidelines waiting to buy this game if they start producing them in quantity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.