(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,373 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 980 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-8056 (resized).JPG
F2599988-C68D-4D12-80C7-3530DB579DCE.jpeg
0456FA42-B074-4D09-BBF1-7C6A1B7C0CCA.jpeg
F9362453-BE04-469A-8A56-8876A53AB26A.jpeg
460E016D-76D9-4794-9B2D-6385298E8DA6 (resized).jpeg
FFA8DAA8-4008-4877-80FD-7DA79B1FFC90 (resized).jpeg
B47E0F03-2069-490A-B672-5CC4892CF5E7 (resized).jpeg
FEA676B7-B6A8-4BA5-AC73-0E38E01A8558 (resized).jpeg
2D8ACBB4-50D0-464E-BDED-96E839E13863 (resized).jpeg
A1436FB7-23DB-4187-84DD-2571F4FC26CC (resized).jpeg
CE823DD5-B4DE-4E3D-BF99-75C65C6F44A9 (resized).jpeg
794E8DA2-DC10-4EBF-BF10-2F3F4F6C933C (resized).jpeg
86FBF9DC-3068-4867-9F86-81DCD13CC1F2 (resized).jpeg
FA4581F0-22F7-41F1-BE32-988CCFC3F9B7 (resized).jpeg
200B3E55-9811-44E3-9630-A1FD6E61A6C2 (resized).jpeg
A76E850E-005A-4AFA-BE4A-DA72E5538DDF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11373 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 228.
#5851 2 years ago

Wow, two days without an entry! I'll break that trend! I guess a little upbeat news scarred all the naysayers to other threads! I'm in with CT and can't wait to get the ball rolling!

#5852 2 years ago

If you think ARA can't move those machines on you are kidding yourself on especially here in Europe - They absolutely can - only without the software which would be easy enough to get. I'm thinking of emailing them with an offer for a machine?

#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If you think ARA can't move those machines on you are kidding yourself on especially here in Europe - They absolutely can - only without the software which would be easy enough to get. I'm thinking of emailing them with an offer for a machine?

Really? It will leak rather quickly.

Then they get a letter from the license holder, asking them for substantiated proof as to the whereabouts of all assembled machines and licensed parts. Court proceedings then follow.

The goods you bought would be subject to seizure, you realise, too?

They would also give DP an open goal re: legal action seeking damages. I think they'd have a hard time convincing most judges that they tried to honour their contract in good faith, if they were trying to sell off bootlegged goods.

#5854 2 years ago

All they have to do is serve a letter of demand on dp for payment then a letter of abandonment, then they can legally sell the games to recover the debt regardless of rights or license.

#5855 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

All they have to do is serve a letter of demand on dp for payment then a letter of abandonment, then they can legally sell the games to recover the debt regardless of rights or license.

Good luck on that with the documented history between the two parties. They can't sell anything without going to trial.

#5856 2 years ago

I placed TBL in my pinside collection sometime around when I first paid for it. My change battery warning is now at 1099 days, lol.

Ahhh, I was in my 40's then. A wide eyed optimistic idealist. I dreamily thought of playing The Big Lebowski pinball machine while watching The Big Lebowski movie as I stood on a Big Lebowski rug, perhaps wearing a genuine Pendelton Big Lebowski cardigan as I sipped peacefully on White Russians.

Those were the happy days, the salad days, as they say.

#5857 2 years ago

The salad days?.... That's a different movie.

#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

The salad days?.... That's a different movie.

Nice catch! Same directors though...

#5859 2 years ago

Oh good, eggbert popped in for a quick downvote! Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!

Will someone do me a favor and upvote that post to negate eggbert's downvote? He hates that.

I bet he hasn't seen either movie....

#5860 2 years ago

New update!
Parts ordered for 0 series.
Hopefully stay on track to finish 0 series by October.
Keep the updates coming DP!

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I placed TBL in my pinside collection sometime around when I first paid for it. My change battery warning is now at 1099 days, lol. ... Those were the happy days, the salad days, as they say.

Today is my 3-year anniversary of paying for my TBL. Woohoo.

I used to include it in the "owned" section of my collection on Pinside as I was confident that it would arrive in 2015 and then certain of it by summer 2016. Now it just resides on my "wishlist".

#5862 2 years ago

Complete newsletter reads as follows

Here is your weekly update about the production status of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. Last week we informed you about Universal, who approved our new Contract Manufacturer. Looking at the feedback that we received, you also celebrated this good news with a few White Russians!

This week we started to order the first parts for the 0-serie/engineering samples. The delivery time of most parts is a few weeks but there are also parts that have a delivery time of 9 weeks. We hope we can start building the 0-series/engineering samples somewhere in September, depending on the delivery time of the last parts. As we said last week, our goal is to have the 0-series ready in October 2017, after which we can start the regular production.

Next week we will probably do a video where Jaap will give you the next update.

Thank you for your continuous support and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Parts ordered for 0 series.

That's some funny shit right there!

And those are engineering samples.

Keep drinking white Russians and maybe you'll forget you lost all that money.

You dudes need a reality check.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I like to poop in the morning too. I just don't do it on threads.

Most of us here with skin in this game are well aware of the realities, regardless of where we on the spectrum of support/scrutiny.

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

opinion (resized).jpg

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Today is my 3-year anniversary of paying for my TBL. Woohoo.
I used to include it in the "owned" section of my collection on Pinside as I was confident that it would arrive in 2015 and then certain of it by summer 2016. Now it just resides on my "wishlist".

I just moved mine to the wishlist too. Made sense before, but now that they exist its tough to keep it in the 'owned' section. Maybe Robin should add a 'prepaid but not delivered' section....

#5867 2 years ago

Why does everything need to be reengineered?

#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't know anything official, but provided some input to DP based on the machine I have on route which has a lot of plays. There's some things they've learned about the builds that they are going to improve on this next run AFAIK.

I also have AMH and both first machines for new companies have issues which is understandable, especially once on route (which both of mine have been/are). Glad they are working to address a few of these things.

#5869 2 years ago

I'm sure the fortunate few of us who have games aren't a primary concern, but what is this going to mean for support for the existing pins?

Sounds like things could be significantly different.

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You'd still do sample games even if the parts don't change because it's a new company sourcing and building them. New vendors, new runs, new processes. But you are also likely to have some part changes due to new pcb supplier.

#5871 2 years ago

Hmmmm,
Sounds like an old western
Horse Shit & Gun Smoke

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I just moved mine to the wishlist too. Made sense before, but now that they exist its tough to keep it in the 'owned' section. Maybe Robin should add a 'prepaid but not delivered' section....

Funny, mine sits in my "owned" section.

#5873 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Bruce Nightingale, one of the hosts of the Slam Tilt pinball podcast, stated on their latest episode that DP cannot legally reproduce any parts that ARA has designed. I have no idea offhand as to what degree this is true or applicable, nor how much of an impact it will have on DP's future game production (e.g. how much DP may need to modify the existing part designs), but this is a potential need for re-engineering the game to a certain extent.

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I think you hurt RTR's feelings. Oh well.

#5875 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Funny, mine sits in my "owned" section.

Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you hurt RTR's feelings. Oh well.

Wow, I've never had a stalker before, how exciting!!

I am glad you have a machine eggy, just like I am glad for everyone else that has one. You should finally go watch the movie now, it will enhance your enjoyment of the pin.

#5876 2 years ago

Bruce Nightingale, one of the hosts of the Slam Tilt pinball podcast, stated on their latest episode that DP cannot legally reproduce any parts that ARA has designed. I have no idea offhand as to what degree this is true or applicable, nor how much of an impact it will have on DP's future game production (e.g. how much DP may need to modify the existing part designs), but this is a potential need for re-engineering the game to a certain extent.

What episode was that? I am trying to find it.

Found it, episode 51 about 24 minutes in.

#5877 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

What episode was that? I am trying to find it.

#51 - "Alex Jones"

Starts at 23:54

It's not uplifting; Bruce is REALLY pessimistic re: DP making any more TBL's.

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Does this comment make you feel good or bad about yourself? If it's the former you may need the reality check.

Of course there is a long road ahead for this to work, and it might not. There have been some promising updates combined with better communication from DP so things are looking a little better. We've at least got dates now that can serve as benchmarks that confirm if this newfound hope is legit or more smoke. Time will tell.

#5879 2 years ago

Bruce Nightingale, one of the hosts of the Slam Tilt pinball podcast, stated on their latest episode that DP cannot legally reproduce any parts that ARA has designed

Totally dependent on their contract agreement - not something you could say unilaterally. Complicating the factor is the unsettled state of accounts between the parties. It would be dependent on the ownership of the designs and terms of the work.

Unless DP has all the design files... the new partner would have to layout all the boards again anyways.. and they would likely have their own engineering preferences, etc as well.

People don't like being held accountable for other people's designs in general anyways...

#5880 2 years ago

#51 - "Alex Jones"
It's not uplifting; Bruce is REALLY pessimistic re: DP making any more TBL's.

DP has put their cards on the table. Claims to have a deal with a new CM to make the game and has begun ordering parts for it. They appear to be walking away from ARA, the parts, and the contract. If that doesn't cause a lawsuit to happen, I don't know what would.

So, whatever is gonna happen ought to happen soon.

#5881 2 years ago

The bowling mech was on display Sept 27, 2014. DP signed with ARA as CM to build TBL Feb, 2015. DP should at least be able to use the bowling mech, if not more? It was a prior contract with ARA and unrelated to the second contract to build the game. Looking forward to hearing more from Jaap next week..

#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

DP has put their cards on the table. Claims to have a deal with a new CM to make the game and has begun ordering parts for it. They appear to be walking away from ARA, the parts, and the contract. If that doesn't cause a lawsuit to happen, I don't know what would.
So, whatever is gonna happen ought to happen soon.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds

*grabs popcorn

#5883 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

The bowling mech was on display Sept 27, 2014. DP signed with ARA as CM to build TBL Feb, 2015. DP should at least be able to use the bowling mech, if not more? It was a prior contract with ARA and unrelated to the second contract to build the game. Looking forward to hearing more from Jaap next week..

I think the proprietary driver boards are the main concern, not mechs.

Seeing as they really have to produce many more than 300 now, I assume they'll have them produced in China given the increased volume ... won't take long for a decent ODM there to either reverse engineer existing ones or design new ones.

#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Really? It will leak rather quickly.
Then they get a letter from the license holder, asking them for substantiated proof as to the whereabouts of all assembled machines and licensed parts. Court proceedings then follow.
The goods you bought would be subject to seizure, you realise, too?
They would also give DP an open goal re: legal action seeking damages. I think they'd have a hard time convincing most judges that they tried to honour their contract in good faith, if they were trying to sell off bootlegged goods.

court proceedings? AHAHAHA from who? honestly dood - nonsense, lots of companies do this to liquidate stock.

#5885 2 years ago

What must i think of this kind of podcast from somebody who has not, like me, seen the contract? That he places question marks is fine but stating so clearly DP can't use current designs while he has no clue what is in the contract ??

Let's say that DP apparently disagrees with this and do you believe a new CM will use Ara designs, if they do which I don't know, if they were illegal in doing so?

So fellow dudes, skip that podcast is my advice.

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Good luck on that with the documented history between the two parties. They can't sell anything without going to trial.

nonsense I'm afraid we are in the Europe Union, you'd be amazed what crazy shit happens here!

Neil.

#5887 2 years ago

If there are problems working with a new CM, I don't think it will be with using ARA's IP. That's probably a non-issue and easily worked around.

It will be the ARA/DP contract and whether DP will be able to walk on it without settling up. Maybe they can, who knows?

I still have the crow in the fridge. Hoping I can put some hot sauce on it in November....

#5888 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

court proceedings? AHAHAHA from who? honestly dood - nonsense, lots of companies do this to liquidate stock.

Universal.

Provided DP are telling the truth, they have an ongoing understanding with them, and the project is not failed (yet) as far as they are concerned.

ARA would need to come to some kind of understanding with Universal for the machines and licensed parts not to be considered bootlegged. Universal are very unlikely to consent to anything of that nature unless DP do go under, and they may not do so even in that eventuality, without legal action, as they may prefer that the whole thing is buried. These are high value items, not low value mods or decals. The inclination and extent to which they'd be prepared to pursue companies or individuals is rather different.

If they were free to sell them off, they'd have already started advertising them.

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nonsense I'm afraid we are in the Europe Union, you'd be amazed what crazy shit happens here!
Neil.

Let us know when your ARA Lebowski ships.

#5890 2 years ago

I am pretty sure ARA can sell all that stuff if they want to do so. ARA hasn't liquidated TBL stock for very good reasons - it ain't over yet.

Don't be shocked if ARA and DP come to terms and get the production lines rolling again, or sue each other, or arrange for the new CM to buy the old stock. The old stock will be worth more to DP/new CM than anyone else.

#5891 2 years ago

yeah, keep talking bout ARA, licences, CM's, legals, lawsuits and how to run a better business for dummies have fun. Im gonna play a few!

(oh..btw... seems like there has never been such great news for all of you who r still waiting and the number of posts per minute has declined significantly why would that be )

#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

yeah, keep talking bout ARA, licences, CM's, legals, lawsuits and how to run a better business for dummies have fun. Im gonna play a few!
(oh..btw... seems like there has never been such great news for all of you who r still waiting and the number of posts per minute has declined significantly why would that be )

Played 2 games 3 hours ago, my game has a total of 60ish plays ( I try to spare it from any damage at this point ), but I'm wondering what we'll do when the rug will be tired of getting shot at and when these boards will start causing trouble one day or the bowling mech down there...
If there's only 50ish games around or the 50ish ARA games if they see their owners soon enough , who will be interested in doing parts for theses small figures?
I hope DP will think this over before designing new stuff if they need to because of the previous ARA contract, or change very little so they still get away with it...and fit all games ( the ARAs the new CMs )
It's such a fun game and only needs more code to get to some of the excitement extended past the 18/20 Millions, great code could send this game high in the rankings if it gets the chance.
It's still impressive today as a design when you think this company came from litterally nowhere and hit the market with such a game and such details and finish on many many aspects.
As I watched the Jaap (and Barry) video last month I couldn't imagine anything not genuine from the man speaking, he seemed really sharp too.
The explanations seemed clear too, the fact that they had no option in their position seemed obvious.
I hope everything gets going for the best this time and more TBLs get to see daylight in the future.

#5893 2 years ago

Some dude on FB posted he can't get parts for TBL #34.He routed it but then pulled it due to maintenance or lack there of.
He also mentioned that there was a lawsuit that seems to prevent any kind of tech support (parts,warranty)
Anyone know anything about a lawsuit?

#5894 2 years ago

Ohh it's under Pinball Enthusiacs group
If y'all want to check it out

#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Some dude on FB posted he can't get parts for TBL #34.He routed it but then pulled it due to maintenance or lack there of.
He also mentioned that there was a lawsuit that seems to prevent any kind of tech support (parts,warranty)
Anyone know anything about a lawsuit?

While it hasn't been easy(or fast) with everything else going on I have gotten small parts 3 different times now. Barry has worked with me along the way. I would definitely be concerned if say major board or something went out right now, not sure how easily that could be obtained but I did get a small replacement board in the game just a month or two ago(turns out it wasn't the issue and was just a loose wire) but parts were sent to me nonetheless.

#5896 2 years ago

All I know is that I want a TBL and while I hate the wait, I'm glad there's still hope. I love the game and it's a killer theme for me.

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

While it hasn't been easy(or fast) with everything else going on I have gotten small parts 3 different times now. Barry has worked with me along the way. I would definitely be concerned if say major board or something went out right now, not sure how easily that could be obtained but I did get a small replacement board in the game just a month or two ago(turns out it wasn't the issue and was just a loose wire) but parts were sent to me nonetheless.

I take comfort in that, that and that some Lebowskis are on the way

#5898 2 years ago

I hope everyone gets their games.

They did a demo at Modern Pinball in NYC
I loved the game
I was hoping for a new competent manufacturer who could show Data East....I mean Stern....how it's done
Now I'm just hoping y'all get your games you paid for

#5899 2 years ago

IMG_0842 (resized).JPG

#5900 2 years ago

Newsflash

Here is your weekly update about the status of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. As we announced last week, it is a video that we recorded today.

You can watch it via this link:

We hope you enjoy the video and wish you a great day!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 11373 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 228.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside