(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,361 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by irobot
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 980 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-8056 (resized).JPG
F2599988-C68D-4D12-80C7-3530DB579DCE.jpeg
0456FA42-B074-4D09-BBF1-7C6A1B7C0CCA.jpeg
F9362453-BE04-469A-8A56-8876A53AB26A.jpeg
460E016D-76D9-4794-9B2D-6385298E8DA6 (resized).jpeg
FFA8DAA8-4008-4877-80FD-7DA79B1FFC90 (resized).jpeg
B47E0F03-2069-490A-B672-5CC4892CF5E7 (resized).jpeg
FEA676B7-B6A8-4BA5-AC73-0E38E01A8558 (resized).jpeg
2D8ACBB4-50D0-464E-BDED-96E839E13863 (resized).jpeg
A1436FB7-23DB-4187-84DD-2571F4FC26CC (resized).jpeg
CE823DD5-B4DE-4E3D-BF99-75C65C6F44A9 (resized).jpeg
794E8DA2-DC10-4EBF-BF10-2F3F4F6C933C (resized).jpeg
86FBF9DC-3068-4867-9F86-81DCD13CC1F2 (resized).jpeg
FA4581F0-22F7-41F1-BE32-988CCFC3F9B7 (resized).jpeg
200B3E55-9811-44E3-9630-A1FD6E61A6C2 (resized).jpeg
A76E850E-005A-4AFA-BE4A-DA72E5538DDF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11361 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 228.
#5751 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What location? I'd love to find some pins to play around B'more.

Hey Gliebig, Holy Frijoles! in Hampden. We had a fire last August and are getting ready to open up after a year of renovations. (ugh! time flies when you're not having fun too apparently) New kitchen, expanded dining room and space for 10 more machines. (20 total+the secret stuff)
Hopefully by the 2nd week in August.
I'll keep you posted.
Viva Tacos!
Viva Pinball!

image (resized).jpg

#5752 2 years ago

A duck walks into a bar.
He says to the bartender, “I’d like to buy some peanuts.”
The bartender says, “I don’t sell peanuts.”
The duck leaves.
The next day, the duck walks into the bar again and asks, “I want to buy some peanuts.”
The bartender replies, “I already told you I don’t sell peanuts!” The duck leaves.
The next day, the duck walks into the bar and asks again, “I want to buy some peanuts.”
The bartender yells back, “I told you, I don’t sell peanuts! If you ask me one more time, I’ll nail you to the wall!”
The duck leaves.
The next day, the duck walks into the bar and asks, “Do you have any nails?”
The bartender says, “I don’t have nails.”
The duck then asks, “Do you have any peanuts?”

#5753 2 years ago

A horse walks into a bar.
The bartender asks: "Why the long face?"
The horse replies: "Because I paid for a TBL that I've yet to receive and I feel like an ass."

#5754 2 years ago

And the duck says, "Put it on my bill!"

#5755 2 years ago

I don't understand why DP do not just start to create other products like BOP 2.0 to get some funds flowing in while the debacle around TBL goes on.

I purchased a BOP 2.0 kit and its great, make and sell more of them.

Add a Funhouse 2.0, Earthshaker 2.0, Whirlwind 2.0 the list goes on, I'm sure they would sell and I bet make quite a good margin.

#5756 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I don't understand why DP do not just start to create other products like BOP 2.0 to get some funds flowing in while the debacle around TBL goes on.
Add a Funhouse 2.0, Earthshaker 2.0, Whirlwind 2.0 the list goes on, I'm sure they would sell and I bet make quite a good margin.

Who would trust them to deliver at this point?

I've played about 20 games on a BOP 2.0 and couldn't seem to do anything except start the multiball a bunch of times per game (5 or 6 times = a bunch)... Or maybe I just suck!

#5757 2 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Who would trust them to deliver at this point?
I've played about 20 games on a BOP 2.0 and couldn't seem to do anything except start the multiball a bunch of times per game (5 or 6 times = a bunch)... Or maybe I just suck!

Try shooting the scoop next time to start one of the many modes

#5758 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Try shooting the scoop next time to start one of the many modes

I think BOP 2.0 has a great ruleset, simple but lots of risk/reward and challenging enough to work through everything. Shoot the scoop to start a mini mode, complete it and next time you start a mode you get one of the big wheel modes worth bigger points. Complete it, get another big wheel, don't complete it.. back to the mini modes.

#5759 2 years ago

#5760 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Because development time is too long and costly for only moderate return. I think 2.0s are more suited to hardware makers like FAST who have cost synergies, or hobbyists with unlimited time.

DP do make ~$550 per BoP 2.0 in license fee for every kit that CoinTaker assembles and sells, though.

#5761 2 years ago

Partytime

IMG_2392 (resized).PNG

#5762 2 years ago

Spill the beans!

#5763 2 years ago

That is really really wonderful news. Good luck everyone, I hope this works out on the financing side and you all get what you paid for.

#5764 2 years ago

Wow this is excellent news (if it all works out fine..) !

#5765 2 years ago

Some promising news from DP.
Let's hope the good news keeps coming and we all get our TBL's we all have so patiently waited for.

#5766 2 years ago

OK. Everybody back over to the Alien and Predator threads. You can come back in a couple weeks and complain that the games aren't shipping.

#5767 2 years ago

So they found another sucker to front the build of the next batch that they can then stiff and close up shop with a tidy profit. Smart plan.

Don't get your hopes to high.

Best of luck!

I'll come back in a year when the games aren't shipping.

#5768 2 years ago

Far out Man - I'll smoke to that!

lebowski4.jpg

lebowski3.jpg

lebowski2.jpg

lebowski1.jpg

#5769 2 years ago

If this is legit, the $16k TBL just lost some value. I feel real bad for the sucker who supposedly paid 25k - assuming this is going to come to fruition. Too early to tell but at this point buying or selling one is a pretty big gamble...

#5770 2 years ago

It's positive that this new CM is at least quoting in whatever ballpark they need.

#5771 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If this is legit, the $16k TBL just lost some value. I feel real bad for the sucker who supposedly paid 25k - assuming this is going to come to fruition. Too early to tell but at this point buying or selling one is a pretty big gamble...

Paying that much for any type of game is speculation period.

#5772 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is really really wonderful news. Good luck everyone, I hope this works out on the financing side and you all get what you paid for.

Yep, if this happens and it looks like Alien is coming around that would be great for the hobby, with DI shipping, SW's, and Houdini on the horizon, wow.

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Buying or selling is relatively risky at this point, since it is far from certain they'll get production rolling again. And of course with a new manufacturer there's always the question of possible changes in quality/specs.

But here's hoping they start making games again. I imagine most current owners would be happy to see people get what they paid for (and see DP survive to provide future support), even if the market value of their games comes back down to ~retail.

#5774 2 years ago

Here is another update of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. You know that we were waiting for the quotation from our new Contract Manufacturer and we have good news: we received the quotation and came to an agreement! ...

thankful (resized).png

#5775 2 years ago

It was looking like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue, but this is a great way to kick off a Friday/holiday weekend.

It's a single, but it looks like we are back on base!

#5776 2 years ago

Fortune cookie reads - Outlook murky, await reveal of financial and production plans and ask again.

#5777 2 years ago

Glad to see some movement. Even having an alternative option may change ARAs tune as well.

#5778 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Fortune cookie reads - Outlook murky, await reveal of financial and production plans and ask again.

"Will I be getting my TBL machine THIS year?"

twilight zone shatner devil (resized).jpg

#5779 2 years ago

Positive news.

But expect a long road before any production starts, if it does.

#5780 2 years ago

I really hope this is true and not just another stall tactic to keep us quiet. Hopefully they come with some details and some proof as their word is worthless these days.

#5781 2 years ago

Whilst they have come up with a manufacturing agreement I don't think it necessarily means they have the $$'s to uphold their end of the agreement.

It may have been as simple as finding a CM to build "X" number of pinballs at a certain price. Now DP have to go out and find the dollars to pay the CM to do this. The fact they said that they now have to work on the "financial planning" suggests to me that perhaps they now need to go and find the money?

I can't understand why a manufacturer would fund the build up front given what has already occurred so far on this project? Good luck to them if they were able to find one, but I would hazard a guess that DP still need to obtain the finance for the build themselves.

#5782 2 years ago

Hoping for the best

#5783 2 years ago

Told all you that you were wrong. Glad they are going to get the games out or at least appears so.

#5784 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Told all you morons you were wrong. Glad they are going to get the games out or at least appears so.

Whoa Nelly! I used to think (and somewhat post) the same thing prior to the first 50 games getting built. When production stopped, it was me who was the moron.
In other words, don't count your chickens...

#5785 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Glad to see some movement. Even having an alternative option may change ARAs tune as well.

At this point I'd rather not have ARA build my game. Seems like that would be a shotgun wedding.

#5786 2 years ago

I admit I haven't been the most patient person in the world and frustrated by this project, backing it more with my heart than my head. And suspecting that I was (and still might) get burned as a result.

But I think I'll just enjoy this last update for now.

I have to admit that I found the last video convincing that Barry and Jaap sincerely loved their project and wanted DP to make it with them at the helm. I was impressed that DP pursued and maintained the license with what must have been a considerable financial and time investment. I also was impressed that they developed the manufacturing process/manuals itself for ARA to build TBL, and hence knew it inside and out, and were not held hostage by any ARA proprietary knowledge.. It suggested to me that they were invested not just financially in this project, but heart and soul. And in that respect, I didn't question their honesty (which is more than can be said for others in this hobby...).

I just question(ed) the competence... which is another way of saying I questioned whether the money was (is) there.

But if they truly have secured a quality manufacturer, then it appears all ingredients of honesty, competence, license, and money, are there. My patience? Well, I'm working on it.

Hopefully, Barry and Jaap getting to develop and know intimately the production process for TBL while ARA apparently struggled(?) will prove invaluable with this new manufacturer.

A lot can still go wrong, so until a quality, complete, TBL arrives at each of our locations, a healthy dose of skepticism must remain. And we've got a LOT of waiting to go, even if everything goes smoothly from here on out (a BIG if...).

But this last DP newsletter message is good.

White Russian.

#5787 2 years ago

One letter and all are happy
That's good marketing , well done DP.

History will repeat itself
It always does, you know it will
Let's see what happens in the next few years.

#5788 2 years ago

I said earlier that I am ready and willing to be wrong about the numbers/ability to finance with a new CM. It still looks a little murky to me, but here's to hoping like hell that I am wrong!

#5789 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Told all you morons you were wrong. Glad they are going to get the games out or at least appears so.

I guess you will be lowering the price on your game now? Asking for a moron friend of mine....

#5790 2 years ago

Congrats Achievers.. hopefully this good news is for real and y'all get your games!

#5791 2 years ago

I guess people have already forgotten they need to fund this thing. Their statement says they have a quote and agreement... not yet that they can execute on it.

To me it sounds like they are taking another small business for a ride. 100 employees? That's pretty small for a CM business.

#5792 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

100 employees? That's pretty small for a CM business.

That's probably 95 more than Heighway.

#5793 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I guess you will be lowering the price on your game now? Asking for a moron friend of mine....

It doesn't matter because in 5 years every one of the 300 TBLs will be worth $16K.

#5794 2 years ago

Is complete edition sold out?

Is there a chance that they will make more latEr?

#5795 2 years ago
Quoted from kurgan999:

I think this chance is about 99%.

#5796 2 years ago

Well, I certainly hope they can get the financing to see this through... Then maybe they can address the "No P-ROC found" issue that some current owners are having off and on.

#5797 2 years ago
Quoted from kurgan999:

The whole financial planning must be based on producing over the original 300 pcs eg the extra amount will have to make good for all the extra endured costs. Can't be otherwise.

So yep, you will get your chance

But before we are that far for sure there will be plenty of curves in this rollercoaster. Making pinballs is damned hard after all.

#5798 2 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Well, I certainly hope they can get the financing to see this through... Then maybe they can address the "No P-ROC found" issue that some current owners are having off and on.

That's pretty easy fix

Just switch USB connector on pc

#5799 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The whole financial planning must be based on producing over the original 300 pcs eg the extra amount will have to make good for all the extra endured costs. Can't be otherwise.

The extra endured costs will be recovered in court.

DP has actual sales (early achievers) and orders (deposits) on the books. This is something a bank can provide funding for to support cash flow needs.

#5800 2 years ago

I wonder what is going to happen to the TBL's being held by Ara? Are they able to sell them off privately?

If so, that will make for an interesting auction. Or will they remain held to ransom by ARA until a court settlement? It will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 3.70
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1,400.00
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 11361 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 228.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside