(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,301 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191130_125027 (resized).jpg
20191130_125125 (resized).jpg
bowlrama (resized).JPG
20191130_012219 (resized).jpg
20191130_011910 (resized).jpg
20191129_234534 (resized).jpg
20191129_221023 (resized).jpg
20191128_202953 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
20191127_171032 (resized).jpg
20191127_171220 (resized).jpg
9cc4cb90-f036-4006-9a76-b400d26db49c (resized).jpg
176a29fb-23ae-452e-84c4-6a305e4719e0 (resized).jpg
900d99f3-ef56-4cb8-ab5d-c0e243b334f3 (resized).jpg
ad865202-df75-41f8-9dcc-44e5834e9697 (resized).jpg
b97fb356-7620-417b-a6f5-bb629f1c8f26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11301 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 227.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How does the rug interact with the game?

I heard when you hit start a Korean guy shows up and pisses on it.

#502 4 years ago

We're less than 1 month away from Expo. I imagine it's coming soon, but an update or hint on what Achievers can expect at Expo would be cool.

#503 4 years ago

DP has a seminar at Expo so I suspect something outta that

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

DP has a seminar at Expo so I suspect something outta that

Definitely! It's one of the main reasons why I'm attending this year. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend Expo last year, so I'm selfishly hoping for something beyond the seminar at this year's show. Fingers crossed. I'm positive we'll hear something momentarily.

#505 4 years ago

I heard that 2 new TBL's will be there, Production models, not prototypes.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I heard that 2 new TBL's will be there, Production models, not prototypes.

That would be excellent!

#507 4 years ago

Love the plaque! Like how they spelled hiccups too in the production update email I just got

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed.jpg

#508 4 years ago

The plaque looks Fantastic! I'm so glad I stayed in with TBL and DP.
This machine is going to be a classic!
Great news also on the John Goodman callouts.
I'm waiting for this machine and a Black Trim MMRLE.
I wonder which machine I'll get first?

#509 4 years ago

Lol, another TBL and black trim MMr waiter here too.

#510 4 years ago

Yeah not that the plaque is really at all important, but it is actually nice looking. Most others phone that part in. Just need to get it in my house now.. Starting to think about the fact that I'm going to be out of the country for a week in late October and its possible that could turn into a problem for receiving my game (Murphy's law factor). Oh well, would work it out.. Just hoping getting it by Thanksgiving holiday week at the latest.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah not that the plaque is really at all important, but it is actually nice looking. Most others phone that part in. Just need to get it in my house now.. Starting to think about the fact that I'm going to be out of the country for a week in late October and its possible that could turn into a problem for receiving my game (Murphy's law factor). Oh well, would work it out.. Just hoping getting iy by Thanksgiving holiday week at the latest.

It would be super impressive if these are actually arriving States-side by the end of October given that they aren't even on the line yet in Holland! That said, I hope they start cranking them out ASAP, can't wait to see one in action.

#514 4 years ago

If they have a couple of final machines at Expo that will be rad, really looking forward to seeing it. I don't regret dropping out, the price was just too high for me to justify, but I still think it's a bad ass machine.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If they have a couple of final machines at Expo that will be rad, really looking forward to seeing it. I don't regret dropping out, the price was just too high for me to justify, but I still think it's a bad ass machine.

Any news on the "Dude Doobie" mod that you're aware of?

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It would be super impressive if these are actually arriving States-side by the end of October given that they aren't even on the line yet in Holland! That said, I hope they start cranking them out ASAP, can't wait to see one in action.

Yeah prob wishful thinking on my part

#517 4 years ago

No one seems to mind the missing "$" in the word LEBOWSKI on the plaque, but it would be nice if they could fix it for consistency. This could be fixed on the tool, but it may not be worth it since: a) it's a limited run b) they probably already manufactured them.

#518 4 years ago

Still no Australian supllier/distributor unfortunately for all us dudes down under.. got this email for Jaap 2 weeks back..

Thanks for reaching out to us.
At this moment we have no news about suppliers and/or distributors in Australia. As soon as we have news we will let you know via our website and our newsletters. I hope you can wait for this.

#519 4 years ago

I wish they would have given a new target. Q4?

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dropped out also.Too stressful for me.
But if the code and callouts are awesome.Not to mention the cool music.It just might be worth the cost of 2 stern pro's.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Any news on the "Dude Doobie" mod that you're aware of?

Scott and I have both been really busy, we haven't chatted much lately, we're going to catch up at Expo. He sent me a prototype board, but I'm not sure it's quite there yet compared to the candle flicker LED. Since the games weren't close to shipping I haven't stressed it, but I'll still make sure we get it working for everyone's TBLs.

#522 4 years ago

Cool - I look forward to hearing more when you guys are able to get back to it. Thanks!

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I dropped out also.

I'll take a spot. Wonder how I get in on the dropped spots?

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Lol, another TBL and black trim MMr waiter here too.

Me three! Right now I'm not very optimistic about receiving either in 2015, but hopefully in early 2016. I once thought MMr would beat TBL to my house by a mile, but now it's looking more and more like a neck-to-neck finish to this tortoise race.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I'll take a spot. Wonder how I get in on the dropped spots?

I think they dropped out a while ago while the pre order period was still open. From what I remember the final count was 170ish machines to be made from the original pre orders and I would be suprised if any of the "achievers" have given up their spots. I'm curious as DP had originally said spots could not be sold, I wonder if that is still the case?

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think they dropped out a while ago while the pre order period was still open.

and some (of those who dropped out) had no money down at all.....

#527 4 years ago

I hope there is something great planned for EXPO. Also need a achiever to fwd me the newsletter as I never got the last one.....

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I dropped out also.Too stressful for me.

Dream theme for me and I pre-ordered after their mysterious expo 2013 announcement, but got out later, before expo 2014.

Glad to have gotten out because I can watch these delays and not feel stressed about it. If they manage to succeed I'll buy one when it's cash & carry.

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I hope there is something great planned for EXPO. Also need a achiever to fwd me the newsletter as I never got the last one.....

Fishbeadtwo...send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward it over to you...

#530 4 years ago

Thanks B-Man! PM sent.

#531 4 years ago

Cant wait to see these in peoples hands....

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

and some (of those who dropped out) had no money down at all.....

Right, I didn't have a dime down, I "dropped out" when the first payment was due and got cold feet over the price. Definitely didn't "free up any slots" or anything.

#533 4 years ago

Has the apron changed on TBL? In one of the parts pictures on the NSNL, it shows a couple aprons with notches for apron cards. The protos had the cut stars from the bowling alley. Maybe those aprons in the newsletter don't even belong to this.

Brian

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Has the apron changed on TBL? In one of the parts pictures on the NSNL, it shows a couple aprons with notches for apron cards. The protos had the cut stars from the bowling alley. Maybe those aprons in the newsletter don't even belong to this.
Brian

Good catch.. I haven't seen a game in person yet the though, what were they to start with? Stickers? The metal cut stars were on the upper playfield I thought

x7.jpg
2015-09-24_13.01.44.jpg

eaacgfntxsernkzqsx49.jpg

#535 4 years ago

I hope they keep the proto apron. I love that aesthetic.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Good catch.. I haven't seen a game in person yet the though, what were they to start with? Stickers? The metal cut stars were on the upper playfield I thought
x7.jpg
2015-09-24_13.01.44.jpg

eaacgfntxsernkzqsx49.jpg

The protos had the stars cut into the apron
Looked awesome, I hope they stay as well.

#537 4 years ago

I wonder where the colors are coming from ? They don't look like lights.. So colors. Wonder if it's normal apron (as we see in piles already) with some kind of façade metal face with the cut outs and colored film or something to give the effect. Operators prob want the card holders still. But agree.. The prototype ones look best.

Otherwise prob a change or maybe for preorder people only.. cause those aprons are sitting there ready to go.. Wouldn't be very easy to cut the bowling alley shapes now.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they manage to succeed I'll buy one when it's cash & carry.

You and a bunch of others. A very big reason for DP to say the heck with quality and rush it out the door. I'm happy that's not the case from what we can gather.

#539 4 years ago

Yeah they have a lot of reasons to get these pre orders out the door cause I think they have a lot of fresh money to make with the cash and carry model that comes after. But, it also means they need to do a good job with us.. If we're whining about stuff, nobody will buy.

#540 4 years ago

I'd be really disappointed if the apron didn't have the cut stars. They really tie the game together. Seriously, keep the rug DP, but give me the stars. Let's just hope the aprons in the pic aren't what wind up in the game.

Anyone else notice the Wrestlemania translite to the left in the pic with the 2 cabs?

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Anyone else notice the Wrestlemania translite to the left in the pic with the 2 cabs?

So TBL is a retheme of WWE . I prob shouldn't even joke about that, people love conspiracy.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

I'd be really disappointed if the apron didn't have the cut stars. They really tie the game together.

X 2 keep the stars on the apron Dudes!

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

I'd be really disappointed if the apron didn't have the cut stars. They really tie the game together. Seriously, keep the rug DP, but give me the stars. Let's just hope the aprons in the pic aren't what wind up in the game.

What?! I for one, will be pissed should the final apron be less than what has been represented to date and I'm not willing to sacrifice the rug either. These are both part of tbe total TBL package that I paid for.

That said, I'm fully confident that DP will eventually deliver the great game that they have promised so far.

#544 4 years ago

I agree about the apron. It looked really high class, like those super expensive custom aprons you can get for older games.

Those cut out stars with leds (I believe) just blew me away.

To Dutch Pinball: If you have figured out that this apron is too expensive to have on the production model, at least make it an option to buy them as an add-on.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that they let us know about it if they change the game significantly from the proto type, because that version is what we have based our order on.

Maybe they just haven't cut out the stars yet and there is nothing to worry about. Let's hope so

#545 4 years ago

Any updates on when this might be available to purchase and play? Are we looking at more than a year or less? Dream theme for me - but no preorders ever.

#546 4 years ago

+1 keep the stars, so much better than regular old instruction cards.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Any updates on when this might be available to purchase and play? Are we looking at more than a year or less? Dream theme for me - but no preorders ever.

Less

#548 4 years ago

The apron thing, that's one thing I wish they'd done already is really locked down the feature list of the game.. All we have to go on is the prototypes really as far as apron expectations.

Hopefully the first production machine is done here soon to set or reset expectations.

But yeah +1 on the cool apron, but seeing a pile of standard aprons there kind of puts it in the unlikely category for me. Guess there's hope that it was always a mod to existing apron vs custom.

Not the kind of thing that merits its own NSNL but maybe they could fill Burningman in on what the apron deal is and he could let us know.

#549 4 years ago

I am still expecting the fancy apron guys. It would be a little weird to very specifically show that (there was a 'guess what this is' post or update a while back involving the cool apron) and then cutting it.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am still expecting the fancy apron guys. It would be a little weird to very specifically show that (there was a 'guess what this is' post or update a while back involving the cool apron) and then cutting it.

Agreed! Burningman can you get clarification on the apron issue for us please?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 11301 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 227.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside