(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,156 posts
  • 615 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Time
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F0909F15-6D98-4937-9CBA-59C24F2AA527 (resized).jpeg
2m2qc9 (resized).jpg
ATampT-Wireless-Just-OK-TV-Commercial-Translator (resized).jpg
snafubar.png
Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11156 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 224.
#5101 2 years ago

I'm getting this message when clicking the video link.

"This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".

#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Based on the sleazy manner in which Nivoge slipped onto the scene and demanded 51%, rather than trying to be a 50/50 partner, indicates they probably would have taken steps to screw DP out of any money.

If DP hasn't paid ARA for shipped games - then who's trying to screw who out of money, and what's the likelyhood DP has any capital to keep this whole thing going? That's why most of us thought the 51% deal made sense...it's the "bail out" DP most likely needs. Not sure how this continues otherwise.

#5104 2 years ago

If ARA said there are only 10 completed games when there are clearly many more - how do we believe anything from ARA?

#5105 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

If ARA said there are only 10 completed games when there are clearly many more - how do we believe anything from ARA?

We can't believe anything from anyone at this point. Major problem. Look at Heighway and his lies and where that company is right now. All of these dreamers are a bunch of living nightmares.

Thanks for destroying pinball, you bastards!!!!

#5106 2 years ago

You guys are funny. What do we see here, both are lying? DP we know lies, how on earth are you to sort anything out unless legally? lrt them sit on your hard earned money (if any left at all) and machines, watch a game of lying ping pong go back and forth until you end up with nothing... or at least try and get some truth and real answers and make them accountable which obviously is not in their make up. Two or three people don't want a settlement with ARA everyone would rather see them play hardball and produce more machines in the future This again is an out and out lie. I'm just tired of these clowns and i am talking strictly in the business sense.

#5107 2 years ago

I thought you were Family Guy, not South Park!

#5108 2 years ago

IF DP had money, they would never even have considered a 51% stake for ARA. That pretty much tells the whole story right there.

I don't even think there was a negotiation. DP told no stories about trying to create a contract that addressed their concerns.

#5109 2 years ago

It appears that ARA has taken the rights to that video also.

#5110 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It appears that ARA has taken the rights to that video also.

UMPG is Universal Music Publishing Group. Nothing to do with ARA.

#5111 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

UMPG is Universal Music Publishing Group. Nothing to do with ARA.

It was sarcasm dude. Did you see the smiley face emoji?

#5112 2 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

per ARA there is nowhere close to 50 games being held - more like 10.

Wow! That's basically the end of the line for many if ARA is telling the truth.

I envision ARA eventually auctioning off their hostage games, just my personal prediction, but I don't see them shipping them out to the next ten on the list. Not sure what the law in that country is or how that would work from a liability standpoint. I'm so sorry for those caught in this.

#5113 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I thought you were Family Guy, not South Park!

#5114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

Now that's the best comeback/shit I've seen in a long time

Just balling here

#5116 2 years ago

I have a feeling you missed two hours in your Zelda world finding that clip!

#5117 2 years ago

#fail - get money asap!

#5118 2 years ago

How about a report from a fellow achiever of his VIP visit nov 2017? This again clearly shows the above report is not correct and corresponds exactly with my intel. And yes, it was also the start of the PCB story

IMG_2228 (resized).PNG

#5119 2 years ago

So it's not 10 completed games - someone at ARA lied to Kapper? Pictures and eyewitness accounts of at least 78 completed games at ARA, possibly up to 95.

#5120 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

How about a report from a fellow achiever of his VIP visit nov 2017? This again clearly shows the above report is not correct and corresponds exactly with my intel. And yes, it was also the start of the PCB story

I'm not an 'achiever' - TBL customer - if you read the post. There was nothing VIP about it either, though most were either customers with games delivered or waiting to be. Anyone could pay the €150 and go - covering hotel, food, drink etc. But:

With hindsight, I was clearly wrong to be as positive as I was in that early November report, but then I don't think anyone either at that event or on here expected the following mess. Finally things seemed to be picking up, and at the beginning the PCB excuse was perfectly plausible.

I know many of you don't seem to like me taking a contrarian view, or not going along with the mob.

But there is a reason why I made such a long post and included as many hard numbers as I could, and committed to record what was being said by DP. Including the clarification from Jaap to my question about games beyond 300, and it being a contract matter with ARA rather than license problem (first hint that relations may not have been stellar - I felt they might want to move for game 2).

If something unexpected blew up, I wanted there to be some documentation.

I can't 100% tell you that there were finished TBLs in all those boxes, because we obviously didn't unpack them. But I did surreptitiously push on a few of them to make sure there was something heavy inside them - and there were in the ones I checked. Further, they were palleted and strapped - not just boxes sitting there. Also, all of them appeared to have the correct documentation and numbers - there weren't any discrepancies in this sense. Production was underway still, back then.

I'd be very surprised if you got an accurate overview of the situation from speaking to either ARA or DP, at this stage ... and even if DP (the ones we're hearing from publicly) are being truthful, judging by their last post, they're far too overwrought and angry to express good judgement and offer realistic assessments of their predicamemts.

If ARA really are behaving in the manner presented by DP and some other Dutch Pinside members, my advice to DP is, if VDL are really willing to play ball, even given potential cash shortfalls initially, grab the opportunity. Offer them as much capital in the company as you can. A significant majority even,with the right provisos. They can and will get things built, and I suspect would be rather better at removing the deadlock with ARA. That seems like the last, best chance.

Don't pray for a rescue like HW (if it goes through). Andrew ran the company into the ground and then started tunneling for the Earth's core ... he just had the blind luck to have screwed the right investors, who appear prepared to save everyone involved, instead of writing off the loss and pursuing him through the courts as others have begun to do, and will do if the investors do not take over.

#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

So it's not 10 completed games - someone at ARA lied to Kapper? Pictures and eyewitness accounts of at least 78 completed games at ARA, possibly up to 95.

Unless the games that rubber duck saw were unpacked so the "faulty boards" could be replaced and then went somewhere else like non achiever/cash buyers? What sucks is that DP and ARA are both proven liars so it really doesn't matter what they say.

#5122 2 years ago

Has anyone opened a dispute with Paypal? I thought maybe I couldn't due to too much time passing...but I just went through the process and set up a dispute for all 4 of my payments. Let's see where this goes....

#5123 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Has anyone opened a dispute with Paypal? I thought maybe I couldn't due to too much time passing...but I just went through the process and set up a dispute for all 4 of my payments. Let's see where this goes....

I tried when "Phil - Gate" happened. I was able to submit the request, but all were denied due to the length of time between deposit and dispute request. I even went the step higher and they sent me out this packet to fill out. That was declined too. Wish you the best of luck though, man. Maybe now that there is a trend of requests for this business there will be a different outcome..

Brian

#5124 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I opened a dispute with PayPal on another pin and payment was made 200 days prior. I submitted it and went to open disputes queue and found it empty. Went to closed disputes list and saw the one I just entered had been closed with a note stating charge occurred more than 180 days and case was being closed. Pffft! F that, PayPal guarantee did nothing for me.

Greg, did you get around that roadblock yet?

#5125 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I opened a dispute with PayPal on another pin and payment was made 200 days prior. I submitted it and went to open disputes queue and found it empty. Went to closed disputes list and saw the one I just entered had been closed with a note stating charge occurred more than 180 days and case was being closed. Pffft! F that, PayPal guarantee did nothing for me.
Greg, did you get around that roadblock yet?

Oh gaddammit, you're right - it instantly closed all of them. Glargh! I wonder if I can get someone from Paypal on the phone...

#5126 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh gaddammit, you're right - it instantly closed all of them. Glargh! I wonder if I can get someone from Paypal on the phone...

Try with your credit card company if you run your pay pal payments through a credit card. They usually have a longer window for disputes (a year in the US, some can be up to two years like Amex in some cases...Canadians usually only have six months even with their credit card company...even for same card).

#5127 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Try with your credit card company if you run your pay pal payments through a credit card. They usually have a longer window for disputes (a year in the US, some can be up to two years like Amex in some cases...Canadians usually only have six months even with their credit card company...even for same card).

Nope, my PayPal was linked to my bank. I set up a dispute with my bank, and they're sending me all sortsa paperwork and shit...but if they then go and dispute it with PayPal, PayPal will probably just tell them to F off as well.

I still have one card to play - getting back in touch with Universal again! Dutch thought I was bluffing...I wasn't...and they were NOT happy last time I went to Universal and begged me to diffuse the situation (which I did, as that's when the Rene firing went down so it seemed like shit was gonna work out). So - they know I'll do it.

#5128 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if I can get someone from Paypal on the phone...

I'll save you the time, they can't/won't do shit to help you.

#5129 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

5 finished in a box and 3 cabinets and partials stuffed into other boxes. Yeah call it 40. And for a while folks kept saying 50.
I wonder how much ARA can charge daily for storage.
I wonder if ARA will screw up sell one and give DP back the upper hand?
Maybe that is what DP is waiting for?
You just can't make this shit up.

You cant make up the fact someone actually purchased a game that was being held hostage!! Hopefully that only required a deposit and not the full price.

#5130 2 years ago

"The way it is now is just like a private Kickstarter, no guarantees and no way of knowing what is going on."

#5131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still have one card to play - getting back in touch with Universal again

How long does the license allow them to manufacture games? If you or anyone know...of course. Seems like at some point the license must expire and then it doesn't matter what deal is cut with ARA (absent a costly renewal and more legal fees)...

#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It never ceases to amaze me, the people who just take liars words for it and run with it.
They are broke. They screwed it up by pissing away money left right and center. They still are lying and hiding behind God knows who. Lawyers, business advisors? Comon.

Pinside needs an "Irony" emoji.

#5133 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How long does the license allow them to manufacture games? If you or anyone know...of course. Seems like at some point the license must expire and then it doesn't matter what deal is cut with ARA (absent a costly renewal and more legal fees)...

When Roger Sharpe was on K's podcast, he said he got the license extended for them. Not sure for how long or what any of the details are...but Roger made it sound like it was no prob.

#5134 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

They are broke. They screwed it up by pissing away money left right and center.

The girls prancing around Expo before the reveal of the machine. Then the Expo "private" party. With more girls who were paid well. Then the New York City party. The flights back & fourth to other shows for people & machines. The travel expenses. They were living large when the money was flowing.

#5135 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The girls prancing around Expo before the reveal of the machine. Then the Expo "private" party. With more girls who were paid well. Then the New York City party. The flights back & fourth to other shows for people & machines. The travel expenses. They were living large when the money was flowing.

Not sure if they have any more travel plans at this point - but IMO they should be BANNED from any more Pinball Shows/Events until things are worked out. As it stands, too many pinball customers are sitting here screwed. Same goes for Andrew Heighway, John Popadiuk, and Kevin Kulek....none should be allowed at pinball shows. If they show their faces, I think there's cause to call the police...as it stands, they've all stolen from us.

#5136 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You cant make up the fact someone actually purchased a game that was being held hostage!! Hopefully that only required a deposit and not the full price.

I wish. All the "Early Achievers", like me, who have games being held hostage, paid in full for them.

#5137 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure if they have any more travel plans at this point - but IMO they should be BANNED from any more Pinball Shows/Events until things are worked out. As it stands, too many pinball customers are sitting here screwed. Same goes for Andrew Heighway, John Popadiuk, and Kevin Kulek....none should be allowed at pinball shows. If they show their faces, I think there's cause to call the police...as it stands, they've all stolen from us.

I can live with this.

#5138 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

??

Are you stating here a hostage pin was released by ARA to somebody? I have read somebody tried it but was not successful. If yes, curious to learnt he serialno.

Only DP has the license and the right to sell TBL. If Ara doesn't come to an agreement with DP it's paperweight to them. On top of that they spent a fortune on TBL specific parts which were paid by them to. This attitude from Ara just doesn't make business sense

#5139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

??
Are you stating here a hostage pin was released by ARA to somebody? I have read somebody tried it but was not successful. If yes, curious to learnt he serialno.
Only DP has the license and the right to sell TBL. If Ara doesn't come to an agreement with DP it's paperweight to them. On top of that they spent a fortune on TBL specific parts which were paid by them to. This attitude from Ara just doesn't make business sense

As I read his post he says someone bought a spot (so if the hostages are released this guy would get one if there are enough hostages for his number), not ARA sold a hostage game to a new buyer and delivered it.

My interpretation anyway.

#5140 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still have one card to play - getting back in touch with Universal again! Dutch thought I was bluffing...I wasn't...and they were NOT happy last time I went to Universal and begged me to diffuse the situation (which I did, as that's when the Rene firing went down so it seemed like shit was gonna work out). So - they know I'll do it.

Here we go again.

If you truely think DP is lying on a Fiji island beach doing nothing besides enjoying the good life and needs pressure to start working on TBL again, pls fee free to contact Universal. In all other cases I just don't see how this helps our case. Universal has no control over ARA, worse case they revoke the license from DP which leaves us with ??

I understand you are angry and need to blow off steam but this is just not helping.

But hey, this is just my opinion man.

#5141 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I understand you are angry and need to blow off steam but this is just not helping.

So should we give DP another year or so to work it out?
At this point, I feel like we are the house band on the Titanic.

#5142 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here we go again.
If you truely think DP is lying on a Fiji island beach doing nothing besides enjoying the good life

besides doing nothing......what exactly are they doing? Any why are you the spokesman for the company - it would be nice if they spoke to their customers and fulfilled their obligations.

#5143 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here we go again.
If you truely think DP is lying on a Fiji island beach doing nothing besides enjoying the good life and needs pressure to start working on TBL again, pls fee free to contact Universal. In all other cases I just don't see how this helps our case. Universal has no control over ARA, worse case they revoke the license from DP which leaves us with ??

What's with this Fiji thing? I never said anything about Fiji. Here are some facts:

-DP claims there isn't a money problem on their end.
-DP claims they're going to go to another manufacturer. That implies they have money.
-I asked DP for a refund multiple times. I was refused or ignored. I told them in my desperation for facts, I would be contacting Universal. They also ignored this - perhaps guessing I was bluffing.
-I wasn't bluffing.
-DP hated last time I talked to Universal, they asked me to contact them again and tell them I was cool with everything. I did and squashed it.
-I've had patience waiting for them to work shit out, I think they blew it with ARA by refusing the deal.
-Going back to my first point - if money's not an issue, they should refund me.

If I go to Universal again, DP's not going to like it again - they know I'll do it. Isn't it worth it to them to refund me so I'll go away? If they can afford to take this all to a new manufacturer, they can afford to refund me.

They called my bluff, I'm calling theirs. What other power do I have as a customer right now? I chose to wield it.

Two things can stop me:
1. Refund. I vanish.
2. ABSOULUTE IRREFUTABLE FACTS about how his gaddamn situation. They trust us to know the whole truth, I can trust them again, and I shut up.

Without facts and trust, this thing is a clusterfucker free for all. That's on DP. Don't use me as your skapegoat, Rens!

Feel free to go tattle on me again.

#5144 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

??
This attitude from Ara just doesn't make business sense

That is a peculiar thing isn't it. Why would a company and now we're being told the parent company be willing to to forgo resolution and instead play hardball. As Spock would say, there is only one logical conclusion. Ara believes they have the law/contract on their side.
We had apologist on here saying "Rene was a rogue employee out to hurt DP." In the end, that was wrong. It appears across two entities, ARA and now their parent company, they both see it the same way, there is no path forward with the current DP arraignement. That speaks volumes. They would rather risk loosing all money tied to their partnership with DP than acquiesce to completing the games as is.

Quoted from Rensh:

Here we go again.

What DP needs to do is come clean. Their laze-faire attitude towards the whole thing is bullshit. If they don't/can't lay out their position to their customers, then they need to lawyer up and tell everyone they believe they're right and feel the courts will see it their way. They are out of time and don't understand they are no longer in control of the ship. Someone is going to force their hand and they shouldn't be surprised when it happens. I'm curious, when is BOP 3.0 shipping?

#5145 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What DP needs to do is come clean. Their laze-faire attitude towards the whole thing is bullshit. If they don't/can't lay out their position to their customers, then they need to lawyer up and tell everyone they believe they're right and feel the courts will see it their way. They are out of time and don't understand they are no longer in control of the ship. Someone is going to force their hand and they shouldn't be surprised when it happens. I'm curious, when is BOP 3.0 shipping?

Bingo bingo bingo.

They claim they're doing what they're doing to save their company/brand. They're in denial if they don't understand how toxic their brand is becoming day after day. Are they completely unaware of Jpop, Skit-B ...and now even Heighway!? They're lumped in with these guys. They're are the villains of pinball. There's almost certainly no coming back from this. Even if the Lebowskis eventually go out - No one would ever pre-order a game from them again, and I don't think they have the capital to run their company any other way.

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

There is a 50/50 shot that this is true, so...

#5147 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

There is a 50/50 shot that this is true, so...

Yes but its in ARA's best interest to tell you that the sky is falling and if you give us a ton more money as an individual maybe we can ship out your game one at a time. They have to be looking for lots of cash. Since the US customers are so far away who's to say you get nothing after sending ARA money? Don't believe anyone.

#5148 2 years ago

ARA has all the parts and machines.
Tough for DP to move forward without that.
Where is all the extra money coming from to order all new parts again?

#5149 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's with this Fiji thing? I never said anything about Fiji. Here are some facts:
-DP claims there isn't a money problem on their end.
-DP claims they're going to go to another manufacturer. That implies they have money.
-I asked DP for a refund multiple times. I was refused or ignored. I told them in my desperation for facts, I would be contacting Universal. They also ignored this - perhaps guessing I was bluffing.
-I wasn't bluffing.
-DP hated last time I talked to Universal, they asked me to contact them again and tell them I was cool with everything. I did and squashed it.
-I've had patience waiting for them to work shit out, I think they blew it with ARA by refusing the deal.
-Going back to my first point - if money's not an issue, they should refund me.
If I go to Universal again, DP's not going to like it again - they know I'll do it. Isn't it worth it to them to refund me so I'll go away? If they can afford to take this all to a new manufacturer, they can afford to refund me.
They called my bluff, I'm calling theirs. What other power do I have as a customer right now? I chose to wield it.
Two things can stop me:
1. Refund. I vanish.
2. ABSOULUTE IRREFUTABLE FACTS about how his gaddamn situation. They trust us to know the whole truth, I can trust them again, and I shut up.
Without facts and trust, this thing is a clusterfucker free for all. That's on DP. Don't use me as your skapegoat, Rens!
Feel free to go tattle on me again.

<<slow clap>>

This post is dead on. How every other fully bought in "early achiever" does not share the same sentiment is beyond my comprehension. Why cant everyone see how plainly obviously this is a disaster?? Have we all not seen this enough? Has enough time not passed? This Stockholm syndrome-like loyalty to a company that has done nothing but lie or stretch the truth and has no logical plan moving forward and no transparency is ludicrous.

#5150 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

<<slow clap>>
This post is dead on. How every other fully bought in "early achiever" does not share the same sentiment is beyond my comprehension. Why cant everyone see how plainly obviously this is a disaster?? Have we all not seen this enough? Has enough time not passed? This Stockholm syndrome-like loyalty to a company that has done nothing but lie or stretch the truth and has no logical plan moving forward and no transparency is ludicrous.

Please just send us another no-shit newsletter with more lies and we'll be happy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
There are 11156 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 224.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside