tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

As a heads up: Today (September 27th, 2014) Dutch Pinball will reveal the prototype of The Big Lebowski pinball. Dutch Pinball will send out a New Shit Newsletter of their own tonight in which they will link to a video that will be shown at the presentation.

Pinball Magazine (http://www.pinball-magazine.com) and Pinball News (http://www.pinballnews.com) are both covering the event as well. Both have already taken pictures and video of the two prototypes that will be revealed, which will be published at 9:00 PM CET (2:00 PM Chicago time). I apologise in advance for the my video, which was uploaded sideways to Youtube and I can't seem to rotate it
TBL rug s.jpgTBL rug s.jpg

#16 9 years ago

After a countdown the video was shown. Jim Jansen is currently interviewing Barry on stage about the game. Since the footage will go live now, you guys will actually see pics prior to those attending

#18 9 years ago

My video (sorry for being displayed incorrectly):

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Where's the Dudes car?

It's on the upper playfield. After you bash the targets to light the handicap parkingspot, the side of the building opens up with the car attached to it. I'll see if I can take a pic.

#45 9 years ago

Huge LCD. The dots are actually added to give the game a retro look. Not sure if that will stay in the game, or if you can turn the dots off.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

FYi pinball news has much more detail pictures for everyone now

no argument here. Martin is doing an outstanding job reporting on this event.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#237 9 years ago

The party was great, although I missed most of what went on at the stage as Martin and I were behind our laptops uploading and editing. I took some more pics, which I will upload tomorrow. Great to see the game receive so much great comments. I noticed the comment about the bowling pin in the top left cornner being not well lit. I think the plan is it will have a flasher inside, or near t it. There will be 7 flashers in the game, which were not integrated yet.

From what I heard / understood the main reason the games weren't playable is because the playfield were delivered much later than planned, which left less time to get is all working properly. The ramps were delivered just the day prior to the party at 5 PM by courier. They will be chromed in the final version. Didn't hear anybody about the chromed lockbar and siderails, which I think look great.

More later on.

#305 9 years ago

I saw some comments about the lack of use of RGB LEDs. Actually, from what I understood the arrow shaped inserts will have RGB LEDs, which will take the color of the character mode being played.

#360 9 years ago

I promised to upload some more photos, which are now on the Pinball Magazine website (http://www.pinball-magazine.com). A close up of the upper playfield revealing the car, a photo of Martin and me reporting live from the party and a photo of the back of an unpopulated playfield that was set up against the window. (Mirrored it will look like a whitewood from the front)

During play the cardoor mechanism will open wider, so the the wall is against the targets. Shooting the car makes the targets register the hit.

Forgot to mention there was also a double sided paper flyer distributed, which I expect will be available at Expo as well.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The car is a bash toy?

Sort of. Initially the car is hidden behind the wall. You have to hit the targets to light up the 4 handicap parking inserts. Once these are lit the car is revealed and you can bash the car. Interestingly we've seen bashtoys that reveal a passage after enough hits. This one actually block an other wise accesable passage.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

holding up a glossy brochure

Actually he's holding up the PINBALL book by Santiago Ciuffo. Dave may be the investor, but he's OK. The designers (can't speak for all, but I know of some) are happy with him.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Unigroove what is the status with sales? anything you can share on where in line you are putting order in now etc. Time frames for start of delivery qty per month and when the back of line would be complete right now?

I have no info on that. Didn't ask. I suggest to simply send an email to Dutch Pinball and ask them, as they know best.

#473 9 years ago

I feel the whole pinball 2.0 thing regards the entire developement of the game, perhaps even more to what's under the hood. The way Koen is programming the lightshows is (besides very smart) probably revolutionary for pinball. Keep in mind they had this technique over 3 years ago and already used it on BOP 2.0. Same goes for the use of the Launchpad, which can be seen in the photo of Koen programming. Are any other designers / programmers using such a launchpad? The use of new technologies and tools could indicate they're ahead of the rest (not saying the others are doing it wrong, but it may take them more time). Basically the whole approach of designing a game and sourcing its production out, is pretty innovative too. It may have been done before, but unlike most other startups they don't have to worry about building a factory, or building the games themselves, which allows them to focus on the game. They presented a complete prototype in less than a year. Don't know if that qualifies as 2.0 but it's very impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal?tu=unigroove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.