tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

Refreshing constantly now!

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So there are no American distributer youmhave to go direct to buy the game?

Correct; though your money goes to a dutch pinball USA entity from the states if it makes you feel any better (using PayPal anyway).

#223 9 years ago

Should watch it twice actually, first time too focused on plot. Second time can just bask in the dialog / greatness

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What happened to The Dude's car? I believe that's going to be a toy as well...maybe just decorative and not attached on this proto?

Yeah it pops out on upper playfield , bash toy I guess once deployed?

https://img-f.pinside.com/201409/1926967/292958.jpg

WALTER
Where's your car, Dude?

DUDE
You don't know, Walter? You seem to
know the answer to everything else!

WALTER
Hmm. Well, we were in a handicapped
spot. It, uh, it was probably towed.

DUDE
It's been stolen, Walter! You fucking
know it's been stolen!

WALTER
Well, certainly that's a possibility,
Dude--

DUDE
Aw, fuck it.

#338 9 years ago

I am guessing its a rare used item as it interferes with the targets and that scoop to the right of the targets. Maybe the side of the building interior that is exposed sends the ball back towards the same "let's go bowling" scoop path

#404 9 years ago

Feels like the goal is chicago Expo in a couple weeks, then final production parts version at dutch expo on November. Since the game isn't shipping till April, I'd expect code at this point to be rudimentary.. But at least be flipping / can see how the shots feel

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Looks like there is tons to do and it has a very interesting layout. Lots of detail in it as well. Can't wait to see videos of it in action. My only critique is the very busy playfield art, especially color wise, it is a little hard on the eyes for me.

Yeah I agree it is a bit busy with the bright "skittles" colors for a movie that is mostly drab and subdued color wise. Like Walter is bright green when a more khaki/olive green would work. I think, based on the interview they gave about colors in LCDs / future of pinballs is that they can make inserts flash bright green and LCD have bright green.. whereas the dirty/muted colors of the movie isn't something you can get out of an LED easily And I know the Dutch are associated with the color Orange but that has got to be my least favorite color on the planet so it's a little jarring.

However, it's a dream theme for me so will press forward Will get over it.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

http://www.eater.com/2011/10/27/6641115/you-can-have-in-n-out-burgers-shipped-to-you-for-50
Orange is also my favorite color for the record, if anyone is tracking likes/dislikes on orange in this thread.

oh, now i see why you like the existing scheme! orange bias!

Maybe I could get a "30-year nicotine stain yellow" transparent film to overlay over the whole playfield.. that might mute the colors enough and bring it more in line with the movie.

#417 9 years ago

I can only imagine how this place would blow up if some of us first day purchasers end up getting a call around Feb.. "yeah, so, your game is ready if you want to finish up your payments early" .. haha.. that would definitely be a first ! I don't really want it to happen though.. I want them to get everything dialed in, code in great shape, etc..

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

My biggest concern is wondering if I'll still be able walk down the gameroom steps to play it in 20 years.

It is a risk with any boutique guys.. At least they are trying to use standard things where possible, vs re-inventing the wheel just because. For some reason I would think once we get our hands on that LCD, we can figure out who's really making it and prob get a spare from alibaba or something. I kind of doubt it is truly custom for them.

I also doubt they will lock down the game like Pin2k into proprietary stuff. If it's a COTS computer using PROC stuff, seems easy to deal with.

20 years from now, 3D printing has a chance to come a long way and individual plastic pieces will probably be easily replaced.

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a kid-friendly censored mode on the machine?

Yes there is (per their FAQ)... do you consider that wrong to have a kid friendly mode on this pin, if so then there ya go!

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

and again and again and again.
To steal a quote from Beetlejuice - "...it keeps getting funnier every time I see it!"
(Beet was talking about The Exorcist though lol)

It's definitely a movie that requires more than one viewing to get it. And its a pay attention kind of thing, not catch pieces of it or on in the background type movie. Granted there's always some people that won't like it but Im not sure I'd like to associate with them

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

I might pay extra to have that song left out of the game, I've heard it far too many times in my lifetime

That is the Jesus's theme song though.. required. That version is here (gypsy kings) is better than some.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#495 9 years ago

Yeah the polygon.com article was making rounds today on my facebook 5,198 likes currently

#509 9 years ago

TBL pinball just hit the "big time"... the official "The Big Lebowski" movie facebook page (with over 2 million likes) just shared the polygon.com article from yesterday.. yielding 554 likes in 6 min I assume all the rabid Big Lebowski festival attenders now know about it if they didn't already.

the only thing I don't like about that particular article is that they made it sound like DP is not on schedule.. when they seem to be doing pretty well actually on that.

New details about The Big Lebowski pinball machine has been a long time coming — so long that the weaker-willed among pinball enthusiasts might have started to wonder if this promised officially licensed pin was ever going to happen."

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Media skewing something minor/not an issue to create some drama?! Say it isn't so?!

True. Maybe the author got confused about who is doing the game.. like JPOP or JJP heh

#515 9 years ago

Is there any shots yet with just the GI going and not the "ooo shiny" attract mode / all light show? That is incredible but wondering what "normal" looks like?

#517 9 years ago

Another article on my FB feed this morning from non-pinhead world:
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/finally_the_big_lebowski_pinball_machine_is_here_and_it_is_gorgeous

#519 9 years ago

that one got tacked onto the pinball news article late, so if you didn't keep refreshing it, would of missed it. There was one other video that pinball news posted on you tube and never put in the article as well:

#528 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I wounder if anybody has gotten Jeff bridges thoughts about the pinball machine?
My Stepfather hated the movie,He said he couldn't even watch it all. He thinks it's the worst movie Jeff Bridges ever made and thinks he's probably sorry he ever made it...Of course that's like just his opinion man.

Jeff bridges likes the movie.. he just recently had first pitch at a baseball game and bowled the ball instead of throwing it. plus he co-wrote a book:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Dude-Master-Jeff-Bridges/dp/0142180521/ref=sr_1_5

In fact, most of the actors enjoyed it even though they don't see a lot of money from it. Heck even the Jesus wants his own movie :
http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/06/the-big-lebowski-2-the-jesus-john-turturro/

#535 9 years ago

wonder how many dude's will be wandering around in pinball land looking for the game

#540 9 years ago

on FB they just posted the crated up game(s) headed out to Chicago. Imagine they finally get to sleep a bit, but prob nervous about their babies hitting the open road.

#552 9 years ago

Just remember its not necessarily the first time you watch it that it all clicks . If it does, even better

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I know there's no exact manufacturing date, but are buyers being told in what order their pins are being made?

I think one can assume FIFO order until proven otherwise. JJP sort of soured people on doing things all out of order. They mention on the product page:

TRUE-SERIAL™ numbers - are assigned in the order in which the machines are preordered and produced. As this is the ACTUAL number of the machine which comes out of production, we cannot tell you your number until we start building your pinball machine.

A bit of a jab at the other guys yes, but at least shows they recognize people have been jerked around a bit.
Source: http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

Quoted from Erik:

Is there a chance fly-by-night USA distributors sign up later and bump the pre-order guys, WOZ style?

There are no distributors, direct order only. This should be less confusing on "order"

Quoted from Erik:

Has the communication on BOP 2.0 improved?

unforunately no. people are hoping something happens here before expo cause it is disappointing

#558 9 years ago

National report is like the onion.. Satire

#566 9 years ago

The Big Lebowski 2 with Tara Reid:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.