tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

Can't wait.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

For those that haven't seen the sub-playfield prototype in action see this link. The opening graphic shows a little direct-able cannon which fires the ball.
Warning - voice over contains the F word.
» YouTube video

This is a big turnoff for me, I really dislike non-pinball side games in pinball (cannons included) and to me, this is probably going to be in the class of gorilla in Congo (for me) with regard to fun, and probably a big flow killer.

I have to admit that DP is making a great effort (aside from the Alanis Morrissett music in the preview).

It's a dream theme for me, but I am withholding judgment for now. But love the LCD placement and size.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

My video (sorry for being displayed incorrectly): » YouTube video

Link is dead for me iPad at least

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can defiantly understand this concern. I hope it's a quick change of pace used in place of a video mode. I agree though, if overused, it could really kill the flow.

I don't want to seem negative but it's a big part of the game, I mean from the effort they put into that area it's obvious that it's really something special. I just am not sure it's my kind of something special. I know we'll see in time. As far as extra PF go, it really looks killer. But I am just thinking recall back-box games like on CV or T3 or whatever else. Cool for one or two times but not something I'd like to spend time on. I feel the same about most Video modes, on the one hand it's nice to see designers thinking out of the box or doing something a little different, but they just are not for me, as I prefer to always be flipping. In fact lower PF on AcDc is quite enjoyable for me precisely because it's true pinball, meaning 2 flippers and although it's not like a real size PF the geometry and shots / loops are fun at least for me.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I don't know man. Theme has a limited audience. Very limited. I'm the only one of all my friends that has watched TBL. And only cuz of the buzz from the net. I thought flick was just a flick despite loving all the actors in the film.
I won't be buying TBL cuz of theme which for me makes a pin special. I'm still on board for TWDLE, again, cuz of theme. Stern, don't screw this up for me and make me regret it!

I agree, that you may not like the movie, but it is probably one of the best comedy movies of all time (to me) and I watch a lot of movies up to 100 movies a year. And TBL is one that really stands up to repeat viewings. It's almost a pin that I would buy just for the theme especially if they do movie call outs and clips and songs all of which it sounds like they will.

I know other people feel this way about Predator (the movie) that it was truly above. But to me, while I liked Predator, it was something I could watch more than once but not what I'd call a landmark movie, to me it's much the same as many other Arnold movies of that time.

I wonder which songs were not allowed? It will be interesting as some of the songs are more powerful than others.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Looks great but not even slightly making me reconsider buying TWDLE, how could it? Comical theme with happy go lucky lighting and most likely music and call outs vs killing and maiming Zombies with a crow bar or match sequence that depicts zombies eating entrails. The music is evil and the whole pin has a very dark way about it. Not that TBL isn't going to be a great pin but if you are as excited as I am to be getting a horror themed pin then TBL is certainly not going to cause one to second guess.

I can see this for some, but to me, zombies eating entrails, brain smashing is not appealing. I mean I like a good zombie movie or horror flick but I don't enjoy the gross stuff you mention. Not sure how I'd feel about it.

I am sure TWD LE and TBL (as well as The Hobbit and MMR) will be fun pins and will have many followers. Just hard to decide on one especially with no gameplay footage or better yet playing the actual games.

#297 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction (has to be a consideration)

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Man this is what I want in a pinball machine!! Awesome! I feel like this is worth the money, unlike the current Sterns. Defend Stern all you want, but they are pushing out stripped out crap... period. Doesn't mean I don't like to play them, I do, but they aren't getting my money until they step it up a little.
I don't think Stern will ever do a full featured pin like this again, they are too much for their fat profit margins than they are providing full featured games. Stern is owned by an investment company, NOT pinball enthusiasts. Sure some of the best pinball designers and people work there, but the investors tell them how much they can spend on a game.
I played a WOZ last night with the new code also, and I liked it more than ever. I like my Stern lineup, but they really feel lacking after seeing TBL and WOZ.

I see where you are coming from, I have all Sten, but I can understand the belief that Stern is not being as innovative as companies like DP or JJP. But that does not mean Stern games are not fun.

I bought these games new:

Tron $4600
IM VE $4800

That's $3000 to $4000 less than TBL and MMR.

I know the Stern LE prices are crazy and IMO Stern could keep more quality in their pros for the same price like PF supports and spinners for example which are removed to save a few dollars. But I don't see anyone entering the $4500 side of the market. Skit-B is close in that price range but not shipping and heck even JJP, PPS and others are having trouble with time lines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.