tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 9 years ago

Take a deep breath. Very good. Exhale.

Fact: There are MANY aspects of a game that MUST come together in concert to make it great: Pleasing Art Package, Useful Inserts, Fun Callouts, (preferably original) Music, Sound Effects, (hopefully a unique) PF Layout, Quality Workmanship, Tight Rules, (and more)... We can't assume greatness is coming from ONE dynamic being great.

But... if the attention to this EXCELLENT dare I say, "80s/90's B/W Old School Art Package" is ANY indicator of how great the complete package may some day be, I now EXPECT to be delighted by this game when it's complete.

I am just delighted by the 95% hand-drawn art package, the insert layout, and the overall art package.

DP's competition have to now be on high alert from this reveal, because the bar has just been raised... (dare I say back up there where B/W left it in the 90's.)

My favorite game of all time is Diner, and TBL has a Diner feel to me -- it feels "FUN", and if I had a spare $9K laying around, I'd be sweating making my very first NIB purchase from this reveal alone right now.

The back-lit apron is SO RAD.

Go DP ! Big thumbs up !!!

-mof

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd vote for having hand drawn faces in the same style as everything else too. The photos look weird with everything else. Not a huge deal though...still looks amazing!

Agree. They got the art 95% correct. Please hand draw it all.
Art at its best, keeps the style/attention to detail congruent throughout the whole piece.
Those 5 inserts with the movie art overlapping them look out of place.

-mof

#257 9 years ago

I'll say it here, and I'll likely say it another 20x before we see any sweeping changes in pinball that suite my tastes...

[getting on my soapbox again]

I don't like staring at a pop/hollywood "commercial or trailer" while I play a game.
In pinball, give me original art. Please... That's what makes pins special. They are (at their best) original works of art. At their worst they have re-used art packages, which in my eyes -- cheapens the pins.

A pinball machine is another blank canvas that can express artistic vision.
When you silkscreen ALREADY KNOWN tv/movie/band art all over the pin, you are KILLING yet another opportunity for an artist to do something awesome -- express his/her imagination on your new game (THINK PYTHON ANGHELO).

-mof

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

People that wanted a timeless generic bowling themed pin are gonna be pissed though.

HAHA...
Well said!
-mof

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Too bad they cannot add a fan like you see at the bowling alley to dry your hands before you roll. I am sure those in tournament play would appreciate this mod to the lock down bar.

Epic idea.
-mof

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

My C64 and disk drive still fire up 30 yrs later. The data on the magnetic 5 1/4" floppy disk is another story.

I'd like to try mine out again some day... Happy to see that we can now use cartridge-flash-readers now to get the files onto the C64s.

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.