tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 9 years ago

The rug is a stroke of genius. Set the pin on it and it will really tie the room together.

#302 9 years ago

While the prepaid model doesnt work for most, in hindsight its going to help mmr and th. Could have been some cancelations. Still excited for those two....but may have to make room for tbl.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Did an image merge of the playfield scroll from one of the videos

tbl_playfield.jpg 343 KB

I thought the rug revealed a scoop. Is it under the upper PF?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Wish it had tara reid in a bikini photoshopped on the playfield.

My guess is you will see a ton of awesome stuff on the display. Not everything from the movie needs to be on the PF. Perhaps instead of photoshop you will get to play her mode Logjammin multiball!

#305 9 years ago

I saw some comments about the lack of use of RGB LEDs. Actually, from what I understood the arrow shaped inserts will have RGB LEDs, which will take the color of the character mode being played.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

which will take the color of the character mode being played.

Nice touch!

#307 9 years ago

I gotta say, Ladies and Gentlemen... I just watched the video again... that game is absolutely gorgeous. Top to bottom...and I'm not even a fan of the movie.

I'm literally blown away

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

I need to correct this as Koen (our programmer) had already developed a lightshow technique for The Bride before TBL. I am not involved here. WOZ uses another technique.
Jean-Paul

JP is correct. Woz and TBL are using entirely different languages to accomplish the end result. As such the same mechanisms aren't in use.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is a big turnoff for me, I really dislike non-pinball side games in pinball (cannons included) and to me, this is probably going to be in the class of gorilla in Congo (for me) with regard to fun, and probably a big flow killer.
I have to admit that DP is making a great effort (aside from the Alanis Morrissett music in the preview).
It's a dream theme for me, but I am withholding judgment for now. But love the LCD placement and size.

I tend to agree. I wish you bowled with flippers instead of a cannon, but overall it looks like a ton of care and time went into this toy.

#310 9 years ago

simply incredible!

DP did an incredible job.
first pin and it kicks major but, yes it cost more than a TWDLE but damn look at what you get.

lcd is the perfect size.
design is fresh an innovative.
lots of cool features.
if code is complete it will be another innovation/ a first.

at this point the only competitor is the hobbit and i think it's gonna be up there.
stern better wake up and give us more than a bashing toy and incomplete code for 8 k.

i still think TWD is a better theme for the general audience.
TBL is more of a collector's game and that's where the future of pinball is.

great job DP, Stern should be concern right now!

#311 9 years ago

I can't believe all the gushing over a game none of you have played yet.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I can't believe all the gushing over a game none of you have played yet.

I think when you see a Ferrari and you have been used to seeing Toyota's your head turns.....

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I think when you see a Ferrari and you have been used to seeing Toyota's your head turns.....

Is this a Ferrari kit car or the real deal? The proof is in the playing!

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'll agree with that.....but if you take a look at the mech's going into that "kit car" it may make you think twice as you approach the line....

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

No, this is not a Fiero with 308 body kit.

This is the real deal.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I bet it will be fun as Mario Kart with a Ferrari under the hood vs a Ford Traurus from top to bottom. Proof in the playing comes down to the fact it's guts are B/W parts. I am sure it will play just fine.

#317 9 years ago

I am super jealous now. I've never even seen the movie, but this is RI-DIC-U-LOUS. Man. With the right rules, this could be a modern TSPP looks like.

#318 9 years ago

I like the movie, but not enough to really yearn for a pinball based on it. The machine looks gorgeous though, and looks to have some cool features. Definitely a great integration of theme.

So as a pinball work of art, all thumbs up. Will be interesting to see how it plays/flows.

#319 9 years ago

Please let them have a booth at IAAPA in November.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I like the movie, but not enough to really yearn for a pinball based on it. The machine looks gorgeous though, and looks to have some cool features. Definitely a great integration of theme.
So as a pinball work of art, all thumbs up. Will be interesting to see how it plays/flows.

I feel the same way. I wish I liked the theme enough to justify an $8,500 pin purchase. The movie is great but it's not one of my favorites. If this was say Ghostbusters or Back to The Future with this level of detail, awesome toys and original art I would be all over it. Still, TBL pinball is very impressive. DP is doing an amazing job.

#321 9 years ago

Not going to bore you with yet another gushing post, I think it looks bad ass.

I do have a question though. Isnt anyone worried about parts down the road? This is the first game this company has made, what if its their last? How do you know the quality control is better than Stern? I have a HOU METLE(first pin owned so Im a NOOB) and its had a couple of issues, with me needing to get parts from Stern to rectify(Drop targets and replacement magnet board). How do you know the level of support will be there, for issues like that takes time for the manufacturer to sort out(And that takes many games produced to prove its an issue with design, not just one persons issue). I realize that the hobby of pinball is for the well off so maybe its not a concern and it just comes with the territory. To me, $8500 is quite a chunk of change to not worry about parts and service on the first game they have ever made.. Thoughts?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not going to bore you with yet another gushing post, I think it looks bad ass.
I do have a question though. Isnt anyone worried about parts down the road? This is the first game this company has made, what if its their last? How do you know the quality control is better than Stern? I have a HOU METLE(first pin owned so Im a NOOB) and its had a couple of issues, with me needing to get parts from Stern to rectify(Drop targets and replacement magnet board). How do you know the level of support will be there, for issues like that takes time for the manufacturer to sort out(And that takes many games produced to prove its an issue with design, not just one persons issue). I realize that the hobby of pinball is for the well off so maybe its not a concern and it just comes with the territory. To me, $8500 is quite a chunk of change to not worry about parts and service on the first game they have ever made.. Thoughts?

It is made with Bally Williams parts to greatest extent possible. Did you notice the Creech window for the lower PF? As far as the boards that is all new tech.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

It is made with Bally Williams parts to greatest extent possible. Did you notice the Creech window for the lower PF? As far as the boards that is all new tech.

And to add to what LITZ just said....these guys are using 3d printing for a lot of things...if something breaks, they make a run and send it to you.

#324 9 years ago

Never saw the movie so I have no idea what it's about, other than bowling. After seeing the photos and video, I cannot wait to play it. Hopefully a few will go out on a route. If not, at a show. I would pay to play. Doubt I would buy one at that price though. I might buy one of the bowling mechs, lower playfield and the Brunswick mech cover and build something out of it. It is that cool. Then again, when Top Score and "300" came out by Gottlieb, I loved that backbox mech. Maybe it was on Soccer/Super Soccer as I'm not sure which came out first. I think I saw a "300" first though.

I just spent a few hundred more than the current selling Big Lebowski price on a used Jeep for my daughter yesterday. Could you imagine saying "sorry sweetheart, no vehicle for you as daddy bought another pinball machine"? If I had the cash to spend on a pin, Big Lebowski is the one I would buy as I have no interest in the current new pin offerings. The JJP Lawlor one could be another hit as I like Pat's desgns and toys.

#325 9 years ago

Here is a great quote from the movie and it relates to pinball:

"Some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Our fucking troubles are over, Dude."

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Here is a great quote from the movie and it relates to pinball:
"Some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Our fucking troubles are over, Dude."

#327 9 years ago

Without even seeing the gameplay, this one knocked it out of the park!! What a gorgeous machine.

#328 9 years ago

Let me see here...

Addams Family. Did not like the movie, Pinball is one of my favorite.

Johnny Mnemonic. Hated the movie. Pinball is easily one of my favorites.

TBL. Movie was okay, nothing great. I said this before, can this pin free itself just enough to be more than just the theme?

#329 9 years ago

Did anyone mention that the inserts in front of the White Russian each have an ingredient on it? Love that attention to detail.

What happened to The Dude's car? I believe that's going to be a toy as well...maybe just decorative and not attached on this proto?

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Never saw the movie so I have no idea what it's about, other than bowling.

TBL is like Pulp Fiction in that there are simply tons and tons of epic lines. Unlike TWD it would have been an outright fail not to have actual sampled quotes from this movie on the pinball machine.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

TBL. Movie was okay, nothing great.

Blasphemer!

#332 9 years ago

I haven't seen the movie and this appeals to me. I went and bought the movie this morning just to see what all of this is about. At that price point.... I'll have to wait a decade before I can buy one.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let me see here...
TBL. Movie was okay, nothing great. I said this before, can this pin free itself just enough to be more than just the theme?

You dig the features of TAF and JM, thats what you like the most.

If you just look at features alone, and you are OK with a stop and go Pin...a la TAF, TZ...I think this will stand on its own. There will be times during gameplay where you will bowl, so that may not be for everyone. There is a ton of cool shit and shots on that PF.

Hey man, you know you are invited to come by and check it out when it arrives...

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let me see here...

Nothing great about a CULT following. Go back to watching Hunny Boo Boo! Nothing to see here, move along.

https://lebowskifest.com/

https://lebowskifest.com/shop/posters

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What happened to The Dude's car? I believe that's going to be a toy as well...maybe just decorative and not attached on this proto?

Yeah it pops out on upper playfield , bash toy I guess once deployed?

https://img-f.pinside.com/201409/1926967/292958.jpg

WALTER
Where's your car, Dude?

DUDE
You don't know, Walter? You seem to
know the answer to everything else!

WALTER
Hmm. Well, we were in a handicapped
spot. It, uh, it was probably towed.

DUDE
It's been stolen, Walter! You fucking
know it's been stolen!

WALTER
Well, certainly that's a possibility,
Dude--

DUDE
Aw, fuck it.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah it pops out on upper playfield , bash toy I guess once deployed?
https://img-f.pinside.com/201409/1926967/292958.jpg

still trying to figure that feature out. In another picture it looks like the ball can go into the garage but I am not sure about that either...

#338 9 years ago

I am guessing its a rare used item as it interferes with the targets and that scoop to the right of the targets. Maybe the side of the building interior that is exposed sends the ball back towards the same "let's go bowling" scoop path

#339 9 years ago

Looks to me like it rolls right back to the flipper?

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did anyone mention that the inserts in front of the White Russian each have an ingredient on it? Love that attention to detail.

The car pops out of the upper pf like the sniper in "24".

#341 9 years ago

Looks like they forgot what movie they were doing and made a Kingpin pinball instead

#342 9 years ago

I bet quite a few TBL will be sold once shipping starts.

Plenty of folks will buy when there's inventory. I think the WOZ, Jpop & SkitB deposits have really taken the psychological wind out of preorders.

I would bet money more TBL will be made than Stern Mustang & that's pretty bad ass for a small startup.

I'm excited... I thought this was a hoax originally.

#343 9 years ago

LOTR - shitty movies, great pin.
Congo - horrible movie, great pin.

Now, the big labowski is one of my favorite movies. If you haven't seen it you need to. Not every movie is going to please everyone. But like above some shitty movies have ended up being great pins.

#344 9 years ago

Man this is what I want in a pinball machine!! Awesome! I feel like this is worth the money, unlike the current Sterns. Defend Stern all you want, but they are pushing out stripped out crap... period. Doesn't mean I don't like to play them, I do, but they aren't getting my money until they step it up a little.

I don't think Stern will ever do a full featured pin like this again, they are too much for their fat profit margins than they are providing full featured games. Stern is owned by an investment company, NOT pinball enthusiasts. Sure some of the best pinball designers and people work there, but the investors tell them how much they can spend on a game.

I played a WOZ last night with the new code also, and I liked it more than ever. I like my Stern lineup, but they really feel lacking after seeing TBL and WOZ.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

LOTR - shitty movies, great pin.
Congo - horrible movie, great pin.
Now, the big labowski is one of my favorite movies. If you haven't seen it you need to. Not every movie is going to please everyone. But like above some shitty movies have ended up being great pins.

Have to disagree LOTR great movies as trilogy and epic journey. And that's coming from someone who is not a movie fan at all or hardly goes to them as they have been horrible over the last several years. As for the Hobbit the first two movies did not move me much at all like LOTR but hopefully the pin is a hit like the LOTR pin. JJP has done some great things and innovation and knows the next pin needs more flow than WOZ. As far as TBL only seen it once and need to watch again as do t remember it being such a classic but the pin is overwhelming and great for everything we see so far it has to offer.

#346 9 years ago

Willing to sell my body to get this, anyone need a kidney or half a liver? Looks great impressed by what DP has done, can't wait to play it at Expo.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Man this is what I want in a pinball machine!! Awesome! I feel like this is worth the money, unlike the current Sterns. Defend Stern all you want, but they are pushing out stripped out crap... period. Doesn't mean I don't like to play them, I do, but they aren't getting my money until they step it up a little.
I don't think Stern will ever do a full featured pin like this again, they are too much for their fat profit margins than they are providing full featured games. Stern is owned by an investment company, NOT pinball enthusiasts. Sure some of the best pinball designers and people work there, but the investors tell them how much they can spend on a game.
I played a WOZ last night with the new code also, and I liked it more than ever. I like my Stern lineup, but they really feel lacking after seeing TBL and WOZ.

Well played thing. Agree

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Plenty of folks will buy when there's inventory. I think the WOZ, Jpop & SkitB deposits have really taken the psychological wind out of preorders.

I'd imagine many preorders have been canceled or will be canceled in favor of TBL once everyone sees this awesome update.

#349 9 years ago

As much as I think this pin could be awesome I'm going to wait until I can play one to order. No more preorders

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Looks like they forgot what movie they were doing and made a Kingpin pinball instead

You're out of your element, Donny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.