tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Anyone else wish there was some way to get Lyman on the code?

Why? As newcomers they have done everything (marketing, art, build quality) better than the established companies so far, I have absolutely no doubt that the code will be no different, especially considering what they have said in interviews about creating an immersive experience, using colour-coding for modes, etc. They have obviously worked on the package as a whole, the art and physical aspects of the machine are so nicely integrated, the code will be tied into to the game just as well I'm sure.

Quoted from someoneelse:

But finally here in Europe a NIB game will be cheaper than a Stern LE (about $1.500 cheaper)!

Wow! Well, I can't see anyone in Europe buying a Stern LE going forward (unless they already have TBL).

Quoted from DutchTommy:

the carpet middle bar target is attached to an steppermotor.. It will go all the way to the back and reveals an hole to shoot into

Again , Wow, just wow.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There will be a "prototype" at Terry's, I assume playable?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=355&pg=1

Don't forget Lionman Caged! - the flying machine will be there too.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Don't forget Lionman Caged! - the flying machine will be there too.

Yes, I've seen the preview, and it's awesome. The lioncage is a $100k machine.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, I've seen the preview, and it's awesome. The lioncage is a $100k machine.

Wow 100K by Halloween!

#205 9 years ago

Love the movie,the pin looks very innovative.Could be a game changer.Hopefully TBL will be available after they have been played.Thanks DPB.

#206 9 years ago

Right now I am thinking of 3 mods I will do.

--Mirror Blades
--adding a light to the bowling pin in the back left corner. (seems dark back there all the time)
--a set of the Pinnovator legs

well, maybe a 4th but I am hoping they will ship with PDI glass

#207 9 years ago

Sweeeeeeet looking Proto!!!
I'm lovin' what I'm seeing... now, just to get my hands on one!
~Steveo

#208 9 years ago

Looks great! I can't wait to see this in action.

#209 9 years ago

The response to this has been amazing, I think I've only read two negative comments in all the TBL threads since the reveal.

One really clever thing about this game is that it has a traditional/retro feel (art, simulated dots, smaller and traditionally placed LCD) with ground breaking features (lighting, interactive toys, LCD) so both the purists and innovation-lovers are happy.

#210 9 years ago

I'm floored, honestly. Any lingering concerns/doubts that I have had since the announcement have been all but eliminated. As long as the code is as top-notch as everything else appears to be, this title is going to be a major game-changer. Congrats to Dutch Pinball, you knocked this one out of the park.

#211 9 years ago

W
O
W
!
Makes me want one and dare I say I've never seen the movie.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I've never seen the movie.

#213 9 years ago

Random quote generator here:
http://www.dudequote.com/?q=1

#214 9 years ago

i hope they ship the game with the "rug" to put the pin on....

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

My video (sorry for being displayed incorrectly): » YouTube video

That pf is swiss cheese with all those inserts and because of all the inserts that light show sets a new standard. Those sweeps are unbelievable.

#216 9 years ago

Wow - blown away by the the reveal so far! Got to the thread late, looks. Like DP is picking up some fans.

Anybody else having trouble playing the videos? Even the one in the NSNL is not available.

Can't wait to get this game!!!

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from punkshere2stay:

i hope they ship the game with the "rug" to put the pin on....

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

"And of course, you'll get a custom woven, perfectly sized rug… it ties the whole room together."

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is a big turnoff for me, I really dislike non-pinball side games in pinball (cannons included) and to me, this is probably going to be in the class of gorilla in Congo (for me) with regard to fun, and probably a big flow killer.

I can defiantly understand this concern. I hope it's a quick change of pace used in place of a video mode. I agree though, if overused, it could really kill the flow.

#219 9 years ago

Maybe I’ll be the first to say the artwork on playfield bugs me.

Looking at each small section, it is mostly great, but these images don’t integrate well. Maybe I am saying that if you zoom out and look at quadrants or use some other basis, the playfield design doesn't have an artistic sensibility to it. And if you look at the unpopulated playfield the picture is not that appealing. In some cases it is the use of color and often too much color that works against the better good on TBL. To give you an example of how a good design should work…look at attached rug pic. Open and use control + to enlarge it. Now everywhere you look there is something going on and reflected in the rug detail. Also note how there is a common background color that really ties the rug together. I would have hoped the pf for this game did that for me. It just doesn’t meet that criteria.

To give you an idea of what I would consider worthy… If I wanted to find as many playfields as I could to light and hang on my walls. And I was going to limit this to pinball machines made in the past 25 years and to only the crème of the crop artistic designs.

Of Stern’s last 40 playfields, If I would choose 6, or roughly 15%.

IM SM LOTR POTC TRON MET

If I were to consider other pins made in the same period - I would add BBB, Matrix & AMH to this list. But I will not be adding TBL. If you feel the same just honk as you go by but It is the first thing I have noticed to date that needs work - IMHO. I want so much for this pin to be its best.

RANT OFF ***I am still interested in buying TBL and looking forward to seeing some game-play video by Expo.

duderug.jpgduderug.jpg

#220 9 years ago

Holy Smokes! Awesome! I've been lurking & keeping my eyes on this project, & this my friends looks like a fun pin! I can't wait to see some video of this bad boy in action! Stern & JJP's sphincters just tightened up a bit. lol

#221 9 years ago

For those who are saying you haven't seen the movie, just take an 2 hrs out of your lives and WATCH IT. It's on Netflix, it's on cable all the time, it's $10 on Blu-Ray....just watch it...c'mon.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hey, to each their own, I love the playfield art more than any other pin I can think of that's come out in the last decade.

Definitely better than IM SM LOTR POTC TRON MET and I own and love two of those. MET is the closest, with the full hand drawn art, I'm just not a huge fan of Dirty Donny's particular style decisions. My METLE is one of my favorite pins of all time still though, and I do love the art.

One thing that hurts Stern is their crap print quality. Very curious to see TBL up close to compare.

#223 9 years ago

Should watch it twice actually, first time too focused on plot. Second time can just bask in the dialog / greatness

#224 9 years ago

I need 3 more incomes just to keep my pin habit afloat.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Right now I am thinking of 3 mods I will do.
--Mirror Blades
--adding a light to the bowling pin in the back left corner. (seems dark back there all the time)
--a set of the Pinnovator legs
well, maybe a 4th but I am hoping they will ship with PDI glass

What are these "Pinnovator Legs" that you speak of?

#226 9 years ago

Looking at each small section, it is mostly great, but these images don’t integrate well.

I felt the same way when I looked at TZ for the first time. I think all of our retinas have been burned from looking at all the photoshopped art packages from the past decade. Would you have guessed Jackson Pollocks work is made up of fractals?

http://discovermagazine.com/2001/nov/featpollock

#227 9 years ago

I hope for video mode or modes with option to turn on or off to please everyone. Also I think a neat idea if it could be done would be an option to play just the under field bowling game aside from the pin. Something different if you wanted to pin bowl 10 frames in a two player game separate from playing pinball. It would be two games in one.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Should watch it twice actually, first time too focused on plot. Second time can just bask in the dialog / greatness

just put it on....watching the trampoline sceen

#229 9 years ago

This is from Pinnovators FB page

image-260.jpgimage-260.jpg

#230 9 years ago

Are the ramp flaps blued on the game? I would prefer the stainless version.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

image-260.jpg 53 KB

Just when I thought there was nothing left to mod... we get this!

#232 9 years ago

I hope the In-N-Out sign makes it...

inandout.JPGinandout.JPG
#233 9 years ago

On the bowling mechanism picture, that looks like a P-ROC Power Driver 16 board mounted on the side.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For those who are saying you haven't seen the movie, just take an 2 hrs out of your lives and WATCH IT. It's on Netflix, it's on cable all the time, it's $10 on Blu-Ray....just watch it...c'mon.

Watch it, learn it, live it... And plan on reciting the dialog in everyday life.

This is our concern Dude.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The response to this has been amazing, I think I've only read two negative comments in all the TBL threads since the reveal.
One really clever thing about this game is that it has a traditional/retro feel (art, simulated dots, smaller and traditionally placed LCD) with ground breaking features (lighting, interactive toys, LCD) so both the purists and innovation-lovers are happy.

That LCD is much better then JJP I hope stern does the same.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Pollocks work is made up of fractals?

Did you know that you have a fractal antenna in your cell phone.

#237 9 years ago

The party was great, although I missed most of what went on at the stage as Martin and I were behind our laptops uploading and editing. I took some more pics, which I will upload tomorrow. Great to see the game receive so much great comments. I noticed the comment about the bowling pin in the top left cornner being not well lit. I think the plan is it will have a flasher inside, or near t it. There will be 7 flashers in the game, which were not integrated yet.

From what I heard / understood the main reason the games weren't playable is because the playfield were delivered much later than planned, which left less time to get is all working properly. The ramps were delivered just the day prior to the party at 5 PM by courier. They will be chromed in the final version. Didn't hear anybody about the chromed lockbar and siderails, which I think look great.

More later on.

#238 9 years ago

I want this so much it hurts! no joke

#239 9 years ago

Blown away and so happy to see the fresh look this pin presents.
Congrats to Dutch Pinball- its clear you brought together a great team to deliver what promises to be a fantastic game!

The Dude abides!

#240 9 years ago

To give you an idea of what I would consider worthy… If I wanted to find as many playfields as I could to light and hang on my walls. And I was going to limit this to pinball machines made in the past 25 years and to only the crème of the crop artistic designs.

Of Stern’s last 40 playfields, If I would choose 6, or roughly 15%.

IM SM LOTR POTC TRON MET

Wahhhhh? Are you serious? Wait you're being sarcastic...Ah OK, for a second I thought you wrote you like IM, SM and Tron photoshop job over TBL's hand drawn art.

#241 9 years ago

I would sell all three of my pinball machines if it was enough for this one. I haven't been this excited about a pinball machine since I played them as a kid. When the new Sterns come out I eventually get around to playing them. I will rush to play this the moment one becomes local. This should make Stern nervous. This isn't even the final product, imagine when it's done. Before I saw this thread I was talking at length today about how excited I was with the barest of glimpses we had seen so far, this far surpasses my expectations. Well done!

#242 9 years ago

Not trying to start some crap here but look at the reaction to this game and the reaction to TWD, ST and even the Hobbit pf reveal, all I'm saying is if you have enough talent and drive you CAN please everyone.

Disclaimer: I like and I will buy all three of the game I mentioned in the future.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Wow, the light sweeps are extremely well done (better than WOZ.) Very impressive.

I guarantee you JP took all of his JJP and WOZ knowledge and slapped in into the TBL lightshows...same as the LCD implementation. Looks amazing, but not RGB LEDs and IMO not as cool as the WOZ lightshows because of that. That being said, this machine looks effing tits!!!! Would love to play one and learn who the coder is.

#244 9 years ago

Blown away at the game and I placed my Preorder One thing, I wish that the character faces were in the same art style as everything else on the playfield. That also applies to the left Ramp Stairs and Dude decal, which is a photo while the Right Ramp has hand drawn art for the car and bridge. Im being picky but just wanted to get opinions. Unigroove (Jon), did you hear any comments on that at the show ???

PinBalt

#245 9 years ago

This game looks awesome!

#246 9 years ago

this will be a game changing machine. i can't wait to see how this game plays when finished. stern shouldn't get nervous because they would never do something so amazing. let's face, sterns are cheaply made but charge crazy prices. if stern made this they would be charging 12,000$

#247 9 years ago

Looking at each small section, it is mostly great, but these images don’t integrate well. Maybe I am saying that if you zoom out and look at quadrants or use some other basis, the playfield design doesn't have an artistic sensibility to it. And if you look at the unpopulated playfield the picture is not that appealing. In some cases it is the use of color and often too much color that works against the better good on TBL.

I went back and looked at the playfield again and I have to disagree, there is a predominant colour scheme: red white and blue. I think the playfield looks great as a whole, it has a retro, diner, bowling alley, old-school pinball feel to it, which I love.

x11a.jpgx11a.jpg

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

One thing, I wish that the character faces were in the same art style as everything else on the playfield.

I gotta disagree here also, I think they look really sharp:

x31a.jpgx31a.jpg

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I gotta disagree here also, I think they look really sharp:

x31a.jpg 166 KB

I'd vote for having hand drawn faces in the same style as everything else too. The photos look weird with everything else. Not a huge deal though...still looks amazing!

#250 9 years ago

Keep in mind the pic of the complete playfield is illuminated majorly by the room lights. It will look much warmer in a darker room when you are playing. You can see the warm tone in the other photos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.