tbl-lock.PNG
TBL-flasher.jpg
factory_3.jpg
Stair-lifts.jpg
image.jpg
brunswick.jpg
no funny stuff.jpg
tbl_playfield.jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 9 years ago

How many of these are they making?

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

makes Sterns LE look like a pro. amazing.

Nah, more like the LEs look like The Pin vs TBL.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How many of these are they making?

As many as get bought? I guess they decided to just build an awesome game to get sales instead of using the ol' scare tactic "we're only building X number so pay us now or you'll miss out!!"

#154 9 years ago

No Phil No!!!! Shouldn't you be celebrating instead of trolling around here. I'm so happy to be a little lebowski urban achiever. Thanks Phil. Is the TBLfie deadline still the 30th? I know some people were still waiting on shirts.

#155 9 years ago

Alright... my biggest question: Is this game going to stand alone as a game? Or is it going to be so drenched with TBL quotes and aura that it will be unescapable??

#156 9 years ago

Take a deep breath. Very good. Exhale.

Fact: There are MANY aspects of a game that MUST come together in concert to make it great: Pleasing Art Package, Useful Inserts, Fun Callouts, (preferably original) Music, Sound Effects, (hopefully a unique) PF Layout, Quality Workmanship, Tight Rules, (and more)... We can't assume greatness is coming from ONE dynamic being great.

But... if the attention to this EXCELLENT dare I say, "80s/90's B/W Old School Art Package" is ANY indicator of how great the complete package may some day be, I now EXPECT to be delighted by this game when it's complete.

I am just delighted by the 95% hand-drawn art package, the insert layout, and the overall art package.

DP's competition have to now be on high alert from this reveal, because the bar has just been raised... (dare I say back up there where B/W left it in the 90's.)

My favorite game of all time is Diner, and TBL has a Diner feel to me -- it feels "FUN", and if I had a spare $9K laying around, I'd be sweating making my very first NIB purchase from this reveal alone right now.

The back-lit apron is SO RAD.

Go DP ! Big thumbs up !!!

-mof

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Alright... my biggest question: Is this game going to stand alone as a game? Or is it going to be so drenched with TBL quotes and aura that it will be unescapable??

I'm thinking unescapable

#158 9 years ago

Can't wait to see at the Chicago Expo next month.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I'm thinking unescapable

So... a non-TBL movie fan might just be totally turned off?

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Take a deep breath. Very good. Exhale.
Fact: There are MANY aspects of a game that MUST come together in concert to make it great: Pleasing Art Package, Useful Inserts, Fun Callouts, (preferably original) Music, Sound Effects, (hopefully a unique) PF Layout, Quality Workmanship, Tight Rules, (and more)... We can't assume greatness is coming from ONE dynamic being great.
But... if the attention to this EXCELLENT dare I say, "80s/90's B/W Old School Art Package" is ANY indicator of how great the complete package may some day be, I now EXPECT to be delighted by this game when it's complete.
I am just delighted by the 95% hand-drawn art package, the insert layout, and the overall art package.
DP's competition have to now be on high alert from this reveal, because the bar has just been raised... (dare I say back up there where B/W left it in the 90's.)
My favorite game of all time is Diner, and TBL has a Diner feel to me -- it feels "FUN", and if I had a spare $9K laying around, I'd be sweating making my very first NIB purchase from this reveal alone right now.
The back-lit apron is SO RAD.
Go DP ! Big thumbs up !!!
-mof

This game really has me thinking as well. Look at the mechanical action on it! A lower and upper PF??? Loads of shots. A ramp with a diverter!

I am honestly stunned.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The lighting glows!
SICK!!!

It's great. It reminds me very much of the Pinball Magic lighting which fades in and out.

#162 9 years ago

This looks unbelievably good. So excited to see gameplay

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This game really has me thinking as well. Look at the mechanical action on it! A lower and upper PF??? Loads of shots. A ramp with a diverter!
I am honestly stunned.

You shouldn't be too stunned. They're Dutch. Have you ever seen those damn windmills? Impressive craftsmanship and pride. No lazy American slap together profit sharkin' hack manure at Dutch pinball.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Didn't mean it that way....ment that a non-TBL movie fan may turn into a TBL movie fan.
I think that no matter who you are, after playing a great game on TBL you might find yourself walking away, saying to yourself, "nobody f*cks with the Jesus"

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

You shouldn't be too stunned. They're Dutch. Have you ever seen those damn windmills? Impressive craftsmanship and pride. No lazy American slap together profit sharkin' hack manure at Dutch pinball.

It looks like the majority of your line up is American manure?

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wouldn't disagree...but...not the same money...TWD LE can be had for a tad above or below $7500 shipped. This beautiful work of art is going to cost $8500 plus shipping... so you are looking at roughly a $1K difference. (just to be technical)

But finally here in Europe a NIB game will be cheaper than a Stern LE (about $1.500 cheaper)!

This fact alone makes the decision veeeery easy.

#167 9 years ago

Congrats! These guys did it right. The other boutique vendors including JJP should feel pwned.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm not a TBL movie fan - yet - as i've never seen it. And man am i turned on by this presentation!

#169 9 years ago

For those that haven't seen the sub-playfield prototype in action see this link. The opening graphic shows a little direct-able cannon which fires the ball.

Warning - voice over contains the F word.

#170 9 years ago

This looks amazing!!! Can't wait to check it out in person at Expo. Just wish I had 9-grand laying around. I'll admit I wasn't too excited about it until I saw the reveal. Wow is all I can say. Very well done.

Anyone else wish there was some way to get Lyman on the code? (No disrespect meant to anyone currently writing code)

#171 9 years ago

Phil is there any chance that this will ship with non-glare glass and a pair of Dude sunglasses?

#172 9 years ago

Wow. I love all the movie references in the art and toys. Not since TZ have I seen a licensed pin that "gets" its source material so well just in how it looks.

#173 9 years ago

Looks cool good job guy's makes sterns look chinsy but the theme to me meh.

#174 9 years ago

I was 1 of the fortunate people to witness the reveal of the big lebowski pinball at the vip party in
holland, at first i was kinda dissappointed when i heard that the two TBL prototype games were non playable.. But when they revealed the games there was this huge buzzz of positive energy from a lot of people as the playfield, artwork and lighting on the game blew most people away ( including myself ) this game raises the bar to an whole new level imo , the carpet middle bar target is attached to an steppermotor.. It will go all the way to the back and reveals an hole to shoot into.. Lighting fading process effects maded me think of the capcom days with pinballmagic but then with LEDS.. It is outstanding! The bowling part under the playfield isnt attached to the underside of the playfield, it is mounted on the bottom of the cabinet, so whenever u raise the playfield the bowling stays in place, in that way u have easy access to the bowling rig for any repair.. Its an very clever ingenious idea! And it works great as i saw on the bowling alley standalone rig next to the game spitting balls on the bowling all night long. Like most people allready said, im blown away and i didnt even played the game yet. The pinball storm is coming and its not from the usual stern or jjp suspects, after tonight dp is not an boutique pinball manufacturer anymore in my books. For everyone whois coming to pinball expo in an couple of weeks, you are in for an treat.. Roy

image-613.jpgimage-613.jpg

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Phil is there any chance that this will ship with non-glare glass and a pair of Dude sunglasses?

I noticed that as well but was going to ask them at Expo. Noticed a ton of glare...

#176 9 years ago

A cool theme plus an interesting pf with a lot of interactive toys = good chance of success. Very excited!

#177 9 years ago

Thanks Dutch for your feedback! Sounds amazing and glad to hear they're thinking out of the box!

#178 9 years ago

Thanks Roy (DutchTommy) for your write up....great to hear

#179 9 years ago

That PF looks brilliant!!! Never seen TBL so I don't get the theme but as a pinball machine it stands alone.....looks fun. Very nice looking LCD as well...im impressed.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

I was 1 of the fortunate people to witness the reveal of The Big Lebowski pinball at the vip party in
holland, at first i was kinda dissappointed when i heard that the two TBL prototype games were non playable.. But when they revealed the games there was this huge buzzz of positive energy from a lot of people as the playfield, artwork and lighting on the game blew most people away ( including myself ) this game raises the bar to an whole new level imo , the carpet middle bar target is attached to an steppermotor.. It will go all the way to the back and reveals an hole to shoot into.. Lighting fading process effects maded me think of the capcom days with pinballmagic but then with LEDS.. It is outstanding! The bowling part under the playfield isnt attached to the underside of the playfield, it is mounted on the bottom of the cabinet, so whenever u raise the playfield the bowling stays in place, in that way u have easy access to the bowling rig for any repair.. Its an very clever ingenious idea! And it works great as i saw on the bowling alley standalone rig next to the game spitting balls on the bowling all night long. Like most people allready said, im blown away and i didnt even played the game yet. The pinball storm is coming and its not from the usual stern or jjp suspects, after tonight dp is not an boutique pinball manufacturer anymore in my books. For everyone whois coming to pinball expo in an couple of weeks, you are in for an treat.. Roy

image-613.jpg 226 KB

Did you get a chance to touch the machine? Did it feel as good as it looks?

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

For those that haven't seen the sub-playfield prototype in action see this link. The opening graphic shows a little direct-able cannon which fires the ball.

Damn, that's pretty slick!

#182 9 years ago

I think we have a winner for the coolest interactive toy since the castle on mm. I'm sick of toys that don't interact with the ball in any way. A tiny working bowling alley. Very cool. That's a pin that's worth the extra cash, assuming it's as fun as it looks

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did you get a chance to touch the machine? Did it feel as good as it looks?

Yes i touched the game,but i couldnt plunge an ball thou, the game feels very solid and durable, if u wanna compare bally/williams quality with any game on the market id say this game comes really close to it from what i have seen tonight. Seriously, and i may have the word dutch in my nickname, i dont have an horse in this race, but i wish i do because i feel this tends to be an winner! But it does make me feel proud to be dutch. Little country, but big in pinball. Aside of it they had an public pinball quiz during the presentation and i won an TBL translite tonight with it..

image-888.jpgimage-888.jpg

#184 9 years ago

The game looks awesome! Just wow. Here I thought JJP was the only company making pins worth $7.5k+ today. Now there's two companies. Great job DP!

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Warning - voice over contains the F word.
» YouTube video

This is a big turnoff for me, I really dislike non-pinball side games in pinball (cannons included) and to me, this is probably going to be in the class of gorilla in Congo (for me) with regard to fun, and probably a big flow killer.

I have to admit that DP is making a great effort (aside from the Alanis Morrissett music in the preview).

It's a dream theme for me, but I am withholding judgment for now. But love the LCD placement and size.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This looks absolutely fantastic. The more I see, the more impressed I am! This just looks plain cool, and I agree with others, this feels more like a classic B/W pin than anything we've seen since they closed shop.
I have to add, though, that my excitement was quickly tempered by seeing the price. $9k after delivery? I mean I guess that's only slightly more than a title like the Hobbit, but still, that's a lotta cash.

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. The game looks awesome and I've been debating if I want this or The Hobbit. I'm still leaning towards The Hobbit due to getting in at $7,500 and I just like the theme better. I like TBL the film but the LOTR and Hobbit films are some of my favorite. Also, Keith is set to make another epic mission based ruleset for TH. Overall though this game just looks awesome. I really like the variety of shots and the toys look very cool.

#187 9 years ago

So there are no American distributer youmhave to go direct to buy the game?

#188 9 years ago

Now that looks like a 2014 pinball machine! Bravo!

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

My video (sorry for being displayed incorrectly): » YouTube video

Link is dead for me iPad at least

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So there are no American distributer youmhave to go direct to buy the game?

Correct; though your money goes to a dutch pinball USA entity from the states if it makes you feel any better (using PayPal anyway).

#192 9 years ago

20 licensed songs is incredible. The game always needed the music and that was one of the concerns, is if it would feel right without the music. Great job, DP.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

As a heads up: Today (September 27th, 2014) Dutch Pinball will reveal the prototype of The Big Lebowski pinball. Dutch Pinball will send out a New Shit Newsletter of their own tonight in which they will link to a video that will be shown at the presentation.
Pinball Magazine (http://www.pinball-magazine.com) and Pinball News (http://www.pinballnews.com) are both covering the event as well. Both have already taken pictures and video of the two prototypes that will be revealed, which will be published at 9:00 PM CET (2:00 PM Chicago time). I apologise in advance for the my video, which was uploaded sideways to Youtube and I can't seem to rotate it

TBL rug s.jpg 107 KB

New shit has definitely come to light!

#194 9 years ago

This game looks amazing. One of my favorite movies of all time.

#195 9 years ago

DP just rolled a 3hree Hundo in my book and from way behind the line.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That makes me a little nervous. 10 yrs from now, it breaks-down. Then what?

Should buy a back up one asap

#197 9 years ago

I have not been keeping up. Will there be a playable prototype at expo?

#198 9 years ago

I liked this title when they showed the first teaser, I LOVE it now. I just don't have $8500 burning a hole in my pocket. Is this an $8500 pin? Yes, yes it is.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Will there be a playable prototype at expo?

There will be a "prototype" at Terry's, I assume playable?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=355&pg=1

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

From the Pinball News article:
'The games were not playable but were pretty much complete hardware-wise. They were running on a Windows platform but the Python implementation will shortly be ported over to Linux for the production version. This should, according to the team, be a relatively simple process and will improve boot times and reduce complexity.
It's important to stress that these are prototype machines and a number of other changes will be made before the enter production, but it is planned to have the final version at the Dutch Pinball Open at the start of November.'
So unfortunately not, but early November seems promising.

It's running PYTHON?! I'm going to hack the shit out of this when it comes out. I want one!

I wonder who's building their linux distro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-pinball-prototype-presentation-reveal/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.