(Topic ID: 300491)

The Big Lebowski Orbit Protector: Protect yer balls dude!

By Soulrider911

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Elcochino6
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

b844609b5376f71002ae575e50944605d59b027e (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hey Folks. There has been much concern around the exposed leading edge of the right orbit on The Big Lebowski. This ball guide sits to the left of the right ramp and often takes direct ball hits. This can result in damage to the balls, ball guide, and eventually playfield (if balls get pitted).

Additionally, some of us have experienced ruthless center drains when a ball comes off the right orbit towards the flippers. This protector is aimed at solving both problems.

There are 2 variants:
- Protector with no ball deflection: This will slightly adjust the ball exit from the right orbit ball guide towards the left flipper to avoid SDTM.
- Protector with ball deflection

They come in 2 colors:
- Black
- White

These have been tested, to a degree on a game, and gone through a few sledgehammer tests. The material is called TPU, and it is a rubbery material that has some incredible integrity.

Here is a Video Demonstrating the 2 versions and a sledge test
https://forms.gle/W9aFWGUmiS5nR7Ng7

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are interested in ordering one they are 15.50 shipped, orders can be placed on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/FactoryofFun/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632260801866

----------------------------------------------------------------------

b844609b5376f71002ae575e50944605d59b027e (resized).jpgb844609b5376f71002ae575e50944605d59b027e (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

So far the list is:

DKjimbo
Freakyguy666
Pinbalt
JimB
Bmanpin
Chisox
Cconway84
Jecco74
per3per3
per3per3
waynetrane
Joost996me
jukeboxtim
Chopper36
Ulmpharmd
Eternallife
MK6PIN
Pinhead1982
bemmett
bemmett
Concretehardt
Waldo34
Paulbaptise
Bearcat
Trumpanche
okgrak
HighDef
CoPinfan
tuna_delight
tuna_delight
Kapper
Svante
Freakyguy666
fooBar

#4 2 years ago

The protectors are ready to ship!. I will be doing this in batches, so I can lower the chance of human error

Invoices sent to the first 6!
DKjimbo
Freakyguy666
Pinbalt
JimB
Bmanpin
Chisox

#5 2 years ago

Add me to the list please

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 2 years ago

I'd like one but I qont have my machine till December or January so I don't know the answer to the questions..

#7 2 years ago

I’m in bro

#8 2 years ago

Orbit Protector Update
------------------------------------

Hey Folks, the first 10 invoices have gone out, (7 paid and have been shipped). keeping track of the orders manually has proven to be quite challenging for over 40 orders. So for those that have not yet received an invoice please order through Etsy. The advantage is getting proper address information, the variants are easy to set up in the system, and you get tracking and updates. This will streamline the speed at which I can get these out to you all.

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/FactoryofFun/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632260801866

Thank you!

#9 2 years ago

Been mailing off all your protectors As soon as they come in. Thank you so much for working with me on using ETSY. I hope you all get them install with ease and they save those pinballs

#10 2 years ago

Everyone who has paid should expect to get their protector this week. They wend out media mail which takes about 6 days roughly. Thank you

1 year later
#11 7 months ago

Lots of drains off the orbit for me. What option should I order? This is for a recent build. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-orbit-protector-protect-yer-balls-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.