Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

No they didn’t. 3 to 5 days till US arrival

DHL tracking went out to everyone. If you got one you know your on the list.

1 month later
#392 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Couple spots open yet - let me know soon. I will be placing order in next day or 2.
Thx

While the game is still new (ish) I applaud the effort and research you have put into safeguarding the future for others on this. Rather awesome thanks.

#401 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can someone tell me where the TBL laseriffic topper plugs into?

You need to tap into the wire that feeds the translight LED. Simple 2 wire plug. The topper as recieived will not directly plug in anywhere sadly. Simple install though. Let me know if you need pics but fairly straight forward.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Hey Dave! Unfortunately, I need pictures of how to do this. If you could post them, I would really appreciate it. Electrical is not my strong point. Thanks, Jim

Sure! Note I didn't go the fancy route as its a simple 12v connection. I simply spliced into the wire set feeding the single LED going to the back glass. Hope this helps. I resisted trying to connect to Any boards as those are less forgiving if you touch the wrong places.

IMG_4127 (resized).jpgIMG_4127 (resized).jpg
#407 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

That helps tremendously. Thank you so much. I’m going to get on that tomorrow.

Good luck. It really is a Great looking topper and fits the theme perfectly. I do suggest dialing the light back a bit with the dimmer they provided as its Rather overpowering. lol

2 weeks later
#426 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why supply a plug if it’s not used ?
I think I will order a adapter and plug it in the wall ! The thought of splicing wires on the translite I’m very hesitant

Works better splicing then crawling under your game to unplug the topper every time. Rather simple and integrated to go to the 12v translite in my opinion.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Pick up an adapter that allows you to control the voltage. It’s pretty bright on 12V and reflective off the playfield window. I turned it down to 9V and like it better.

Mine came with a dimmer on the back side of the topper? Agreed it’s way to bright and needs to be dialed down.

1 week later
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone install mirror blades in TBL? If so which ones (source/manufacturer)?

Went with the theme art blades myself. More of a bowling alley vibe.

2 weeks later
#500 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just got my Lebowski set up and was wondering if anyone has created a must do list before really starting to play a ton? All seems to be working well from start......thank god. Any help on how to secure the machine to last etc would be much appreciated, cheers

Haven't done it but am considering a mylar wrap on the rug mech. I suspect that will take the most abuse and be hard to replace later. Anyone consider a power ball or using a black pinball for the bowling alley?

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Great idea re: mylar and black ball. Who offers those?

Well, mylar you can buy by the sheet from Marco and Back Alley (Matt) sells black pinballs that are even etched to look like bowling balls. I think they are sold for the Simpsons pin.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

They didn't seem to have one etched like a bowling ball, this is the closest
https://www.backalleycreations.com/products/black-pearl-grade-25?_pos=1&_sid=781dc75f6&_ss=r
CORRECTION: here's the one you may be referring to but it has Homer on it
https://www.backalleycreations.com/products/homer-bowling-ball?_pos=1&_sid=0a921af19&_ss=r

I emailed Matt to see if he could just add one that looks like a simple black bowling ball to his website. Think it will look cool. The dude abides.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I put a powerball in the bowling alley and had all kinds of problems. Mainly, it wasn't registering the ball drain after bowling. So the game would just sit displaying what pins were knocked down and never progress forward. It seems like a software issue too because it never times out. The game sits there and I have to hard reset. I think it's an opto down there and I guess that's why the problems? Not sure. Never had issues with a powerball before but as soon as I put a standard ball back in the problem went away.

That’s what I figured which is why I’m going to opt for one of the black steel balls for game play and a bowling look.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Dont matter I've seen the felt compress and cause wrinkles.
The metal standoffs are always the best.

Agreed. I would never use felt of the old style plastic corner protectors unless you want to replace cabinet art. The metal ones work perfect.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, the Stern-style metal protectors screw into the cabinet. They become a permanent fixture but keep the upper leg from ever contacting the cabinet and scuffing or wrinkling the art in a visible area. It is a mod that puts screw holes in the cabinet (in never-visible spots), but it works well enough that professionals like Bryan Kelly put them on all the games they work on. Which is good enough for me!

Agreed. I put them on Every game new and old as does every current OEM. They just work and so simple to do. Every other option in time does mar the cabinet and art. If for some odd reason your apossed to installing 2 tiny 1/16” screws you could just mount them with a small piece of double sided tape to keep them in place while mounting the legs. Screws seem smarter.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My TBL has the metal Brackets already installed when I got it from DP

As did mine which is why I was puzzled by the discussion. Lol.

3 weeks later
#568 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Has anyone updated straight from .45 to .51? Or do we need to apply .48 first?

If you look at the code download page #tuna_delight linked to it tells you what software you need and step by step how to do it. It also states that the release addresses the car motion specificity so you might want to just try that simple route first.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Nope - Stutter is worse than ever on 0.51. It's just faster now.

Ok thats definitely not a code issue thats just plain wrong wow. Go through the manual and adjust it. Fairly simple mech. I thought yours was just stuttering as it opens which I have seen but yours is just plain not working. Plus it looks like its pulling to far in. My guess is the switch is way off and its trying to close that contact.

1 week later
#597 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm really thinking about buying one of these as I just love the sound clips shots etc.
My remaining question is spare parts. What risks are there? Is it just bowling alley and rug and if so if they were to break is the game really not playable? As an Alien owner there were parts and still are parts available.
Owners what say you?

First off If you can get one and you like the theme this is a home run in any collection. Just love it and the call outs are wonderful. As for parts, I simply emailed Barry and he quoted and shipped the parts I requested which included a new Playfield among other things. The build on this game is really not that scientific custom compared to any other game out there in my opinion. If you can get on the list I would bet you’ll love it. If not I suspect you wouldn’t loose much if you sold it. Good luck.

1 week later
#599 4 years ago

Dudes... (Dudettes) The much overlooked awesomeness of Donny must be represented!! Introducing the custom Donny in the spotlight tribute mod! For the love of Donny we think this custom mod is a spot on tribute to this awesome character. Plug and play simple install. This mod replaces the current out of place reflector with a complete new custom assembly with new reflector. Bulb not included! We are Honored to be part of your Amazing collections. The Dude Abides! Additional info and details available from our web store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That is brilliant. Well done.

Thank you Very much. This game is Beyond awesome so inspiration is rather easy on this one.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

uh, the existing light already blocks enough of the view of the maude shot.. find my self having to shift position to see if arrow is lit. so, making that light even bigger of a view blocker is the wrong approach IMHO due to that.

Fair enough opinion. As I have installed a few of these now I have not seen that it blocks much more then it was previously. No real issue created that I have noticed in game play. Appreciate your input.

2 weeks later
#634 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Trying out copper I got from sc93cobra. What do you think? This was kind of an experiment and I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it on TBL. I'm worried it's going to look odd with my mirror blade on the left side. I've got something else special on order so I'll wait for that to arrive before deciding and installing the rails.
Anyways, here's TBL with copper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I rather like it! Unique look for a unique game.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Games shipping now are for EA's that have ordered a "second" TBL.
Cointaker doesn't take payment until the pin is ready for shipping.
I am an EA that purchased a second machine and mine was delivered in early December.

Which sadly means No EA's are getting games they paid for unless they paid for them a second time. I would have hoped by now at least 1 would have been freed to send some breath of hope.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Can we order those from you directly? Whats the best way to order the TBL stuff?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I added text above.
It will come with enough wire to mount wherever you want. I will include some double sided adhesive.

Mod looks Awesome but remind me to never ask You to roll my blunt! Way to small! lol

2 weeks later
#773 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

OK - need a vote here before decals are printed at the print house - last minute adder (bonus sticker).
Vote #1 for - horizontal text at the top of picture
Vote #2 for - vertical text at the sides.
(Note the Doobie mod is placed here on top of sticker decal. Also these are just crappy paper decals to demonstrate for voting)
Thx for voting dudes!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The long as it Looks like a doobie tray and for me that is Exactly where that mod should go. Love it! Honestly not sure on the text though? Shooter rod doesn’t seem spot n theme correct to me. Maybe “The Dude abides” other side “let’s go bowling”. Just a thought.

#780 4 years ago

So much Love for the Awesomeness thats Lebowski we decided to keep it going with a solute to those beautiful Gutterballs ladies with our Custom color change "Gutterballs Abide" mod. Clear cast resin with slow groovy psychedelic color change replaceable LED lighting. Custom detailed down to the hand painted pot leaf hat badge. Designed as a Plug and Play mod with our wire harness so no harm becomes of the Dude and completely reversible. Complete and available Now, should be in our store tonight depending on how late mama keeps me out tonight doing non dude stuff.......

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#783 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I vote for the top one, “Let’s Go Bowling”
Is there a way to hide the electric wire at the base of the Doobie? Maybe drill a hole and feed the wire straight down.

Hey! There be no drilling the Dude! Maybe a small add on wood grain decal to mask it would work well. Kind of like the second one myself also!

#786 4 years ago

Finally complete had some errands to run.... Please Note!!!! You Must also purchase the custom plug and play wire harness for this mod. One wire harness will work for ALL of our mods so you only need one. This helps reduce the cost of providing a wire harness with every mod that you won't use. Only 1 is needed for ALL of our products to come! We think it turned out great and is truly fitting for the Dudes lifestyle! Thanks for everyones interest and support! In stock now.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#798 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does Yes mean good call not to include or does it mean Yes add it to the decal sheet I want it?
Also, anyone else have thoughts?
I have the proof back from the printer the are looking for my OK to print so I need to let them know today if I should add this. Thx

Not sure how visible it will be with the Playfield down but I like it and would be in.

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from xtremepacker:

Hey everyone! I'm super new here and relatively new to the inner workings of pinball. I was fortunate to come across a TBL as my first real pin so I'm learning as I go. I have a couple questions some of the more experienced folks can help with.
1. Does anyone know the size rubber on the slingshots? 2.5"? 3"? One of mine is getting worn and may snap soon.
2. Is there an owners manual for TBL (mainly, so I can look up answers to questions similar to above)? Some of the other threads from a few months back say one is on the way but the thread has been kinda quiet since. My machine didn't come with one from DP.
Thanks again!
Chris

First, wow. Your first pin is TBL! Way to jump in big. Don’t recall the size but they do have the size embossed on them and both are the same. Sorry not much help.

#829 4 years ago

The Creedence Has been Found Dudes! Introducing our Illuminated solute to Creedence! Soft LED lighting with a scaled cassette tape ready to install on the right or left side of the playfield. Simple installation and theme fitting. Designed as a Plug and Play mod with our OPTIONAL wire harness so no harm becomes of the Dude and is completely reversible. Available Now from our website store!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#831 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very cool! Is the cassette always lit, or connected to a mode?

Just a light illumination. As there is no Creedence mode its just an accent.

#836 4 years ago

A for sure. Looks awesome. The perfect “J”

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Sticker decals installed on targets, coin door, Doobie mod sticker by shooter, and banner sticker above bowling lane like in the movies. I haven’t installed the spinner decal (big Lebowski character and Treehorn sketch). See pictures below.
Note, there are spare Target stickers (some in multiple colors), spinner and coin door stickers!
(Prices below don’t reflect shipping/handling. I will combine items for cheapest shipping).
** 20 Decal sticker sheets - $40 each (shipping NOW).
**20 Ramp clip / ramp brackets - squeezes ramp so ball does not hit metal rails. $15 each (shipping NOW).
**4 spare, backup harddrives left $100 each. Ping me to get one of them.
**0 spare audio cards. Ping me to get on the list for another order. If/when we get to 5 I will order them again. $200 each.
**Doobie mod - will not be ready for 2 weeks - waiting on parts. I will ship this one separately.
Thx
-cpr9999
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Decals look great nicely done.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just got mine. Glad to be part of the club!![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome congrats! Going to be a fun weekend

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep but I laid claim to The first Self proclaimed Zig Zag Man Editiion #13 lol funny stuff

The first yes but it appears he has many #13 available lol. Interesting find like it.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yup.
Similar leds on printed circuit boards of new Stern machines. Always wondered what happens if one goes out however led life expectancy is millions of hours.
The Led light pipe is an interesting and less expensive way of dealing with the GI lighting.
I think in the end just different ...
On the playfield - I have found the wood to be very “dent resistant”. Maybe other pinball manufacturers can ask who is doing DP playfields. Of course, maybe these playfields have been hardening up over the past 5 years!!

Lol I think you answered that. Mirco did them but that was over 5 Years ago so if they aren't hard by now they never will be! lol Granted I bought a spare just in case. Loving this game.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Main thing is making sure that they would tie into the lighting like this EA apron does...it looks great

Agreed, making them would be easy. Getting them integrated with the light show not so much. I would be in on a purchase if Barry was to offer these.

1 week later
#933 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Thanks.
Do you know Who is building them?

Honestly this has been outlined on basically every other page of this and the other Lebowski thread many times. Down to the last detail.

#938 4 years ago

No problem buddy.
Just It is always a challenge for me to read pages of english!

Sorry didn’t figure on the language aspect. Just seems this inquiry often rattles debating on the right and wrong all over again. For such a great game it certainly carries a lot of drama. Lol

#941 4 years ago

2 last questions please.
Can we order directly from Barry or need to deal with distributors?
Is the code finished?

Distributor and in process

#951 4 years ago

As somewhat related to the Dude. I want to go on record and warn anyone considering watching the new "The Jesus Rolls" movie that it flat out Sucked! A 100% money grab to any fan of Lebowski. Just a Horrible movie start to finish!!!!! You've been Warned. lol

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Kind of a dumb idea to begin with. Only 28% on RT

Yeah but any title with a huge cult following will draw cash. This movie was just Painful!!

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Damned. Jesus is my hero and was looking forward to go watch the movie but apparently waste of time

I will Rarely judge a movie as I can enjoy most any title but this one......No plot, no story, no funny lines, no ending. Almost seemed like they made up the dialog as they went along. As this was clearly sold as a Lebowski spin off they Really had no interest other then to take your money on this. Keep the $7 rental I just want my 2 hours of life back! lol

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

You are looking at about 5-6 months at current pace if you get on the list now.

Curious, based on what? Do we know how many people are in line at Cointaker? Not sure she ever disclosed that figure.

1 week later
#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The entire theme integration, music and video rivals the bests including Alien.

Whoooe easy there lol. The game is fresh and new but that might be a stretch statement. lol

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If it were me, this button is used on multiple games, take advantage of the volume for sales!

Not sure I understand. You saying people would want a Bowling ball shooter for MM or similar? Why

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

for posterity here was when the old launch button was advertised, prior to having it removed due to durability concerns
[quoted image]
ahh.. the good old days

Thats the one I would like in that color. Would beg to add three finger holes just for true theme detail. Totally understand if he stays away from adding "Brunswick" labeling as that may create issues.

#1126 4 years ago

Can I ask a question regarding price?
Do you consider EA games and new NIB on the same value scale?
Thanks

At this point they are basically the exact same game. NIB however would sway the value as nothing have been modified or damaged. Both are a good buy if your interested in the (awesome) theme but they are equal by comparison.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Tried to explain this back a few posts to everyone- 2 min install!
Now get Matt (Back alley creations) to make different lens (cup) for multiple machines. Hell the top 3 machines of all time use same launch button. Huge ...I say huge volume. Matt should be just making color painted lens for different machines...not a complete button. No need to cost $50 for a lens.
[quoted image]

And while I Love it and Will buy one where is the Huge market volume you are talking about? Other then This bowling theme what other game would someone put a Bowling ball button on?

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How about a flaming red ball for No Fear?[quoted image]

Ok. I’ll take a bowling ball. Thanks.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Gutterball Topper Owners.....
Just got the topper which is awesome but where do I plug it into the machine though? Didn't see anything inside it in cabinet. I can hook it up external but want it to turn on and off with machine....
I see what appears to be an input on the right side if the power box but the adapter doesn't seem to really catch on to anything....[quoted image]

The topper is a 12v light source. I personally just tapped into the translite plug for easy removal others have done other connections.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Where can you get this ' gutterballs' topper?

Cointaker.

1 week later
#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is there an ETA on .52?

More so, I wish This was a question asked during that interview article. I realize some bug fixes etc will more then likely be done but at .52 for code there is SOOO much more this game could be. The question is in building and selling these New Buyer games Will funds be set aside to get the code more complete using more of the assets on hand? Do love the game and understand if only 50 were to be done nobody would expect it but as the Plan now seems to be fresh money and possibly hundreds I would Hope some funds are being allocated to complete these expensive sales.

#1195 4 years ago

I realize that. My question wasn’t about bugs and polish. It was about Any the possibility of added Content. Say going from .52 to someday being 1.0. A dream yes but as it Is a production game again one would Hope the entire game might get finished for 12.5k. Hope anyway.. lol

4 weeks later
#1230 3 years ago

I like the gold as it fits the theming. Does something go in that gap around the ball to cover the holes?

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Here is a video showing the detail in the ball. Each one will be slightly different then the next as you can see in the pics.
Also I figure this goes without saying but just in case, the button will not light up. Even though it is a clear resin with all the pigments and flakes added to it a LED bulb lighting it up is not going to happen.

Fricken Awesome!!!! Thanks for the vid much help. Ordering Now!! Your the man.

#1238 3 years ago

4 ordered, thanks Matt! All orange for us thanks.

#1243 3 years ago

I think these look spot on for the game color. Not sure about finger holes as I’m not a bowler but I suspect when lit this will look Sweet So won’t matter! Will post pics when these arrive and Appreciate that Matt pulled this off in such short order.

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Didn't Matt say that lighting it up isn't going to work as the resin is too thick? I ordered one anyhow as it looks excellent.

Ah missed that. No worries still looks awesome.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’m pretty sure we will all be experimenting with that

Lol you read my mind. Already have a few high power Comet bulbs in mind I suspect will do the trick!

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

His "ball" is pretty thick it looks like. Look at the depth of the finger holes in the ball.
If that looks correct it could be pretty thick material to get through.....but....
I am hoping he posts the "guts" of his button (or someone does) so we can see how they are made up.

I was actually proposing to illuminate the gap around the button in the black ring for a nice effect. Won’t be tearing mine apart but if Matt wants to share how he made it that’s his call.

3 weeks later
#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone have any clue on a code update? Is anyone even working on code??

I certainly hope so. With so much content gold available to use that would Really prove this game is a top contender.

1 week later
#1301 3 years ago

We have 2 games in common, alien and JP. I also had GB.
How could you compare these games with TBL in the depth rules department? Could TBL get the potential to get equal to these games?
Thanks

Potential yes, probability more then likely no. Game is good as is and you need to accept that before buying. I am satisfied with what I purchased.

#1303 3 years ago

Thanks for your franchise.
Don’t sure to want and spend 12k€ (around 13,5k$) on probability.

Might be best. What many have long accepted is that there are NO guarantees with DP or TBL. If you like the game and theme and accept that you will love it.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a first
Quite an airball
[quoted image]

Why would you not have the protector chrome rail on that apron??

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Plans yes as far as I know, priority low however. After all it’s not essential to be able to enjoy TBL. Biggest plus for me is the game statistics, in my requirement list I put that this should also be possible to have in TBL itself.

Favor/Plea... Rensh as you seem directly connected with DP and have provided much Honest feedback could you Try to take his temperature to see if there might be a tentative or planned point where they will reinvest in software growth? I understand money is focused on Building games just can't imagine theres not at least a discussion being considered at say XXX amount of units shipped will will budget XXX towards code continuation. Yes game is really nice but I Doubt anyone would consider .52 as a done product long term. Do hope some light could at least be shed on the subject.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

We’ve discussed several times of contributions towards hiring the coder, that being said there would have to be a set time line. Good on Barry for doing all he’s done but his history isn’t clean.

Not against that but it does seem like crowd funding to finish our games might Hopefully be part of the plan the company (DP) building them again for 12.5K again Might have considered.

3 weeks later
#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That metal looks SOOO MUCH BETTER! imagine doing the entire game with that new finish, what is that? Did you polish it yourself? What was the process?

Looks like 400 series stainless (polished) vs the current and standard type 304 grain finish commonly used. Looks nice but (in my opinion) will quickly and much more obviously show wear lines in short order. Grained finish typically blends the ball marks making them less obvious.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joining the club in a few days! Can’t wait. Such a beautiful pin. Are there any “must” adjustments right out of the box I should do?
Thanks!

You only need to adjust anything not working correctly. Just plug it in and play. Don’t look for problems, if they are there they will find you.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So they definitely are working on more code?

There is nothing “definitely” or “certain” regarding DP. If you go in excepting what is offered Now which is really good your expectations will be met.

1 week later
#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And so.. 4 years passed with many hurdles and plot twists but this can of “ rust coloration” has been re-opened to service cars 180 and upwards
Stock was running low at HQ, a good thing ![quoted image]

Looking awesome keep up the great work!! A few more years and they would have rusted naturally. lol

3 weeks later
#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The apron doesn’t cost all that much.
But I agree there’s a Cash cow there if DP want to take advantage of it.

Sign me up. Would LOVE to get one!!

1 month later
#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Yes, every piece of metal on my machine is copper plated. The only things that are not copper plated are on the underside of the playfield. Chris at pinball plating can help you. PM me if you have any questions... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just WOW. Looks amazing well done.

2 weeks later
#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm in the same boat. Paid in full about 7 weeks ago and still no word about shipping.
It seems hard to believe that there are 4 of these going out every week.

It was posted but a week or so ago that he is Moving the factory and shutting down for a month or more. Could be as mentioned for the delay.

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

What's most amazing about this whole system is that there are absolutely no updates coming from either Cointaker or DP. You'd think if they had $12,500 of your money held in ransom they would be a bit more forthcoming about updates. If you don't proactively keep reaching out to Cointaker there is no communication whatsoever.

I think there are 160 plus EA buyers that would remind you this is Normal for DP lol.

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree.
However CT is not good at communicating anything here. Much room for improvement.

CT is actually awesome. The issue is the Vendor they are relying on to provide info is Less then reliable which is indisputable.... Melissa tries Not to provide assumed info whenever possible and often No info when she doesn't believe the info she is given. Any concerns should fall on DP in my opinion not CT.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Normally CT is good.
But on this one don’t take the cash until machines are ready to ship. If it was a week here or there ok. But taking money months in advance is on them too. No way around that one.
If CT is taking the money and sending to DP months in advance then I would be worried about ordering one.
If CT is taking money and not seeing games shipped stop collecting it.
CT or DP needs to answer this.

Sorry but you keep saying CoinTaker. Has there been any proof for any order that CT has lost anyone’s money? DP yes not CT. CT in the middle is the Only reason anyone should feel safe placing an order.

1 month later
#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.
Thanks

From what I understood the ball should not actually Hit the pins. The pin hit is activated by the ball passing an opto.

2 months later
#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No - because the 40 games made by ARA were unboxed and given new serial numbers starting at 314 (I thought 300...but sounds like started at 314). These games had the EA #'s on them and they didn't want to new blood buyers getting EA # games.
So they are counted in the 314+ numbers. I had one of those 40 relabeled and I believe it was 324. Common knowledge this happened.

I’m the greater picture does it really matter as long as they keep building them? The only Actual number most should be concerned with is how many EA IOU games have been actually build with all this New buyer money.

1 week later
#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Very glad to join the club yesterday, the owner of Pinball Life listed his game for sale in the preorder thread last week and I was able to line things up first. In the first night of play the car mech stopped working and in the test settings won’t extend or retract. I was able to push in the corner to extract the car and the motor kicks on and pulls it back in. It won’t extend on its on during tests or work at all during gameplay after working fine for the first few games. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats Worth the up price for the EA. Love the look.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

Hi guys, I'm coming back to you for the tilt of the pinball machine...
I was told a tilt of the plate of 6.5 ° which would mean that the underside of the pinball machine is horizontal ? the 4 feet would be equal ?
thank's

All pitch is measured from the Playfield with glass off. No underside measurements mean anything.

2 months later
#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

I'd like to add a trough light from Comet Pinball to my TBL. I typically alligator clip onto a GI in other games but TBL is surface mount. Any tips on where to tap without soldering?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips
Time

My suggestion for a Simple trough light install would be the Comet LED 12v strip and run the wire straight down and clip to the 12v bulbs on the coin door. Yes you would need to remove the alligator clips if you raised the playfield but rather minor for as often as you would need to do it. 12v LED strip complete is only like $4. Good luck!

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...new to this thread...played at expo before everything crashed...
Short, couple up to speed question:
They are making, supporting the game now?
Better version?
Price= $12.5, 1k deposit to get in line through CT?
Rough eta on delivery ( 9 months to a year)?
Thx, and apologize for redundancy as I'm sure it's in here somewhere...mark

Pretty much yes to all.

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you make a new ribbon cable - make it a “y” cable so we can plug in the new Apron ribbon cable to 1 side your cable and the other side of your cable has the 12, 5 and 3 volt output?
This way new lighted DP apron works and we can still draw power off of the connectors. Also can you pull all voltages out? 12, 5, 3?

Yes we are aware and offer a connection should the owner have an EA apron. My reply was to his TBL questions not a ribbon cable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.