IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
King On Throne (resized).jpg
20240415_202251 (resized).jpg
TBL HALO's (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1388 3 years ago

Considering getting one of these pins, but have some questions and concerns.

Firstly, is it really worth that $12,500 price tag?

Also, how is the code? Is it complete? Does it have depth? Are there wizard modes, and what is the difficulty to reach them.

Also, are they reliable, and if they need parts, are they available?

Appreciate any input you guys can offer.

Cheers duderinos!

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yes they are worth it! If you like the movie- the theme integration & sound are awesome. Code is pretty darn good, it will get some more updates down the road. Play is good too with upper, lower and main playfields. Yes they are reliable.
The only problem is the 6-9 month wait.
Or pick one up local that has been dialed in for a bit more. Risk with waiting is will they have enough parts, etc to make them all (& stay in business). There is another thread on Pinside on this so let’s not discuss that here. (BTW I believe they will).

So they definitely are working on more code?

#1396 3 years ago

Watched a few streams and one thing I noticed is it didn't seem like anyone ever really lit any of the objective insets down by the flippers.

Even when Bowen played, he got one I think for getting characters.

Wondering if anyone is getting deep into objectives towards the wizard mode.

I love tough games like TWD, LOTR, etc., but not games where's it's virtually impossible to beat.

So what is TBL like?

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If i am not mistaking this is not programmed yet. But think you need to be a pinball wizzard to reach it on normal settings

Really hope they finish up the code, make it more attainable, and put one hell of a wizard mode in place.

I think the game has all the making of a top 10 game, maybe even one of the greats of all time.

DP... Solidify your name in the books of pinball history as one of the greatest by making this game everything it can be!

3 weeks later
#1434 3 years ago

I'm new to this, but does DP just not at all communicate with customers?

A lot of the questions here seem like they would be simple to get answers to if the manufacturer was keeping up with things.

1 month later
#1514 3 years ago

Any updates on updates?

I hear the game is a blast to play, but no one can get to a wizard mode because the code is incomplete.

I'd this going to be addressed?

6 months later
#1963 3 years ago

One thing I recall some people saying about the game was that you couldn't really complete all the "modes" to advance to the final wizard. Has that changed with the update?

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As far as I know you can complete the modes but the end wizard is not programmed yet.

Someone was telling me that the modes were VERY hard to complete. Has that been changed?

3 weeks later
#2049 2 years ago

What's the build quality like on this title?

My R&M has been absolute disappointment and headache, so I'm now conscious about buying from boutique pinball companies.

3 weeks later
#2180 2 years ago

I'm a huge code guy, love my wizard modes!

My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.

For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.

Is that accurate?

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It is extremely hard to get through the objectives on factory settings on 3 ball play. In fact its a much more enjoyable game with the settings lightened up - you get to see much more of the game and the depth to the code and the usage of the assets is actually pretty great, if you can see it!

It definitely sounds like a fun game, but I personally don't change settings as I like to just see where I get on a game at factory default.

But making a wizard mode impossible to reach by default sounds like a waste of a pinball moment (wizard) and a lost opportunity to make a brilliant game.

I like hard games, but I like to know in time I'll beat it.

Reaching Last Man Standing in TWD was probably the greatest pinball moment for me, and insanely, I did it on ball 1!!!

Thanks for all the input. I'll wait to see how the code shapes up

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am not saying it’s impossible. Just that intonation for everyone but you can change the settings to Make it achievable for everyone.
Same is applicable for my Twd and AC/DC. Never saw or expecting see the final wizzard mode and best the game. With gotg I still have hope ☺️

You don't think that it being reachable adds to the magic of the game? I always thought that Dwight wasted an opportunity making TSPP so difficult.

Think about LOTR for example. Valinor is exceptionally hard to get to, but if you work at it, there's a chance. I was literally one shot away from it, but due to flipper fade, I couldn't hit it.

I've owned both games, and LOTR stayed, where TSPP had to go. Working so hard each game, just to know you're likely never going to see it, got old quick.

And for some people (this is just personal preference) changing the settings feels like cheating. Not saying it is, but for people that subscribe to that dumb shit, like me, it is.

If the game is compared so often to a 90's classic B/W, then maybe it should also play like that in the respect that you can get to that magical ending

Just saying...

1 week later
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have officially joined the group. I remember reading something about people having static in the right speaker. I also have that. What was the solution to fix that?
[quoted image]

Is no one going to comment on the fact it seems you're playing in a pirate ship with a sailor that has tig ol' bitties?!?!

1 month later
#2360 2 years ago

Questions to owners... Is that right ramp a smooth shot, or is it bricky? I have an R&M, and the left ramp is just a pain. I can live with having one game like that, but definitely not two.

Also, do the upper and lower playfields get old quick? I'm not a fan of most secondary pfs personally. Not a fan of the upper pf on GoT, the lower on Munsters and ACDC, etc...

And finally, Rensh do you happen to know if they're going to put a final wizard mode in the game and make it reachable to reasonably skilled players?

Thanks all

2 months later
#2840 2 years ago

So, I saw that they're planning to do 1.0 code soon.

I know a lot of people have said that getting to the wizard (though it does not exist) is pretty impossible, so is the plan to make the new code more achievable?

I love a game with a good amount of challenge, but there has to be a chance of seeing that wizard mode to make it worthwhile.

Maybe not Valinor hard, but something that definitely takes some time and skill to get to.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Yes, that is definitely part of the plan! The road to the wizard mode will be more enjoyable and less strict to reach certain goals.

There might be a TBL in my future

1 year later
#5574 1 year ago

Curious to know, at this point, is the wizard mode all programmed in, and has anyone reached it?

Also, is the mode fun, or just jackpot shots for points?

I got to Valinor for the first time this weekend on LOTR, and what a disappointment to just do victory laps for points.

1 week later
#5592 1 year ago

Are the playfield issues (pooling, etc.) happening on new builds or older ones?

I'm getting a chance to play a TBL next week, and if I like it, I might be in the market!

#5596 1 year ago

So with the newer games, the playfield issues have been fully resolved?

#5602 12 months ago

Finally got a chance to play a TBL tonight and I absolutely loved it!

The left ramp was really hard to make. Is that common?

It would either go up and lose power and roll back out, or it seemed to also be hitting the diverter and rejecting.

Is this a problem, or just something on the specific game?

2 weeks later
#5670 11 months ago

Really liked the tour video you guys did. I feel like Barry runs a good company here, and it might have just given me the push I needed to get my order in!

#5672 11 months ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Last night I updated my code from 0.51 to 1.12. Just a "slight" difference in game play New code is pretty great. Thanks DP and everyone involved.
QSS

Has anyone reached the wizard mode on the new code? If so, how tough is it to reach, and hownosnthe mode itself?

1 month later
#5839 10 months ago

Is there a video of someone playing through the entire game and getting to the new final wizard mode?

Trying to get an idea of what the journey is like before I pull the trigger on this.

2 weeks later
#5877 9 months ago

How many of you guys have reached the final wizard mode on the new 1.0 code?

1 week later
#5889 9 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I'm throwing rocks tonight...
[quoted image]
Got to "The Dude Abides" for the first time in game tonight; what a blast!

How long was the game?

1 month later
#5952 8 months ago

Anyone have a video of them playing and getting to The Dude Abides?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=wizardscastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.