IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vividpsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Okay, so since the other thread was locked I guess I will start posting here. A few questions. 1. What is the PRoC upgrade for this game? What is it used for and where can it be found? 2. Anyway to get more of those aprons made looks like more of a market will exist now.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yep. Here's a the one I put on my game. Embarrassing simple but effective repair.[quoted image][quoted image]

Happen to have any more of those little plastic brackets? I got a zip tie? Perhaps someone with a 3D printer or a good google searched? Lol about 40 more people will likely need em as well.

#26 4 years ago

Hmmm good idea. I’ll post a link if I find one. So everyone can get one to help their games. Just trying to set up a positive community for this game for the future. Regarding people helping others here health does anyone here do 3D printing?

1 week later
#27 4 years ago

Just wanted to let you know, after speaking with Melissa, and requesting that she speak with ARA/DP to add the more recent unreleased code (due for release with the Chinese games). I was told that DP has agreed and it will be released to all and installed on the 40 released games prior to shipping. you’re welcome.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

So the 40 games being sold have plaques with early achievers on them and be removed what will they label these ? I heard they will be numbered

Not numbered and EA plaques will be removed.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

Thanks for finding it for us.
Can someone who has one installed already please measure it for us so we know which size to order? Is it 19mm or 22 etc?

1 week later
#45 4 years ago

10 day countdown...

#48 4 years ago

No they didn’t. 3 to 5 days till US arrival

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

DHL tracking went out to everyone. If you got one you know your on the list.

That means it left from the Netherlands not the US

#55 4 years ago

Alright folks. So what day does your DHL tracking say the game will arrive? Where do you live?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please contact the proper EA so they may pick up their rightful property.

Isn’t their property. Court of the Netherlands gave the games to ARA. Sorry bud. We purchased em legally from ARA. Take that somewhere else. This is a positive forum for game owners.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone know if we get the rugs? Ive heard it both ways

We do not.

#79 4 years ago

I wanna see unboxing photos from everyone and full reports on condition of game and everything that works and that doesn’t work. We need to start supporting this game as a club and help each other like the alien club with anything that may need fixing or tweaking. I will be streaming TBL live weekly once I get mine.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

my apologies, and thanks for the crib notes. I was under the assumption that the original buyers would get their games eventually.

Eventually is where it is at. That possibility is currently at 1% or so.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from WannaPinball:

version 0.45 ... is that the latest? or even final?

Can. Someone post the most updated code version and perhaps share with the group?

#100 4 years ago

Does someone have .48 to provide us until the new code is released?

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

ill pm the link i have to people that pm me until theres something more official.. i think its tied to my email address so dont want to post it here

Thanks!

#107 4 years ago

FYI just got done speaking to CT about the code, as I had asked for the unreleased one and Melissa was promised it would be released. She told me that for all of us about to receive a game. A paper has been placed inside the box that includes a link to be able to download the most recent unreleased code! Don’t throw it out!

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I vote for the 40 released hostage games to be called “nihilist” editions

Haha yes

#124 4 years ago

We are suppose to be receiving the unreleased code. Not .48 or whatever. There was a code made supposedly for the Chinese games that wasn’t released yet. Please ask Barry for it. Melissa was told it was on a link with a paper in the box. That paper above doesn’t appear to be it.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I’m not sure if this is relevant to your situation, but not long after I received my machine back in 2016 DP sent replacement flipper coils out to all owners because the ones installed from the factory were incorrect. This may have been fixed on later games, but I have no problems making ramp shots even during long games.
As far as the rule go - there isn’t a great deal of strategy etc, but collecting bowling balls for specific characters doubles their jackpot shots in multiball. This video does a good job of explaining the nuances of the rules:

What were the replacements sent?

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from WannaPinball:

Played for about an hour last night and there seems to be plenty to do. Don't know the deeper rules yet.
I'd appreciate input on ...
The only issue I'm concerned about is the lower flipper coils heating up to the point of making them noticeably weaker on ramp shots.
I adjusted the flipper opto bds by shimming the top a bit for the interrupters to go deeper (minimizing light leakage)
This seems to have made it a bit better.
Other ideas on this ...
Not sure that introducing fans on the coils is truly helpful but I would like to hear experiences.
Are there software settings for flipper strength that others have experimented with?
I see that the coils are RED 11630 ... has anyone swapped these for orange or maybe the left one for BLUE? Don't want too strong.
Otherwise...
Love the strategy of holding off on left saucer until you collect as many characters as you can.
Multiple characters make multiball much more interesting!
Love the timeout feature of MARK IT ZERO shot to the saucer... a very subtle hurry-up
The bowling feature is way cool and unique! Much more interesting than I anticipated.

In terms of red, blue etc in coils, can someone tell me a strength to color map. Lol I don’t know which is strongest to weakest.

#142 4 years ago

.48 is a big update! Just curious. If we were to open a fund, would it be possible to contact the coder to have him provide us with an even newer code update he could create? I mean even 10 bucks a person time 90 is 900 bucks. Or 20 a person is 1800.... seems like people would kill for it.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Got my game up and running just fine. Only 2 issues.
1. .48 UPDATE: Game won't recognize the USB stick. According to the DP website, I installed the zip file onto the root director of the flash drive no problem. But when I go to USB update, it flashes "reading usb" for a second before disappearing
2. Audio: When I removed the back glass I bumped something that killed the audio completely. Checked connectors all seems to be seated.. not sure what I may have accidentally done?

1. Try a different stick. Like with the JJP’s it likely can’t be under or above a certain size stick.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks. Does it matter what format the drive is? I'm using Mac OS Extended Journaled.

Not sure on that one mate. May have to be from windows also. I really don’t know. Never used apple product for code updates

#162 4 years ago

My game has arrived at CT and will be coming this weekend with JP pro. very excited!! I will be streaming TBL and JP pro on my new steam DeathSaveArcade! Come hang out and check out the new games this weekend! I will also have wonka LE with direct audio and video and TFTC as well. .

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You're going to be a busy guy this week/weekend!

Oh yeah! I don’t have a logo made or a streaming overlay yet. So it’s basic in terms of looks but I have the same rig as Deadflip per his stream guide so the quality is high and if direct video and audio is possible it will also be done. Wonka has both direct audio and video, but I got the stupid trough board issue now, which started 20 minutes after I finally set up the stream!

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How do I get access to the stream? URL?

So happy to hear yalls excitement for the stream! Any follows are greatly appreciated! I look forward to streaming every weekend and Mondays and random nights during the week.

Here is the link to the stream. DeathSaveArcade hosted by VividPsychosis!
https://twitch.tv/deathsavearcade

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Will be watching out for the TBL run through. Who cares about the overlays, they are piss stained anyway

Haha thanks bud. Just trying to make it look as high quality and professional as I can. If you are gonna do something, might as well do it right!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#173 4 years ago

Loading up now[quoted image]

Awesome!!!! Congrats bud!

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

[quoted image][quoted image]

If we got rule cards, it’s best when the rules are actually visible. I think on that one, they get pretty lost.

#212 4 years ago

My game arrives tomorrow at midnight!

I will be streaming it live next Saturday and Sunday. Check out my stream on twitch, DeathSaveArcade. Full 1080p 60fps

This weekend is JP pro and Wonka LE
Www.twitch.tv/DeathSaveArcade

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does anyone else think it is crazy that this machine has two power supplies adding up to 1050 Watts? It can't be using anywhere near that.
I'm only a lebowski lurker, and can only dream of owning one, but I would highly recommend that someone captures the BIOS settings of that ITX motherboard and create an image of that solid state drive. Years from now it's going to be a challenge replacing that motherboard or SSD if they ever die. Has anyone checked what operating system this machine is booting?

How would one go about doing that?

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

okgrak I'm relatively certain it's Linux, CentOS perhaps? My memory is rusty.
vividpsychosis lots of disk cloning tools, CloneZilla is the one we used to duplicate Alien disk. Easy way to do it is pull the SSD and connect to another computer to make the image with. I may be able to do it in the next couple months with a local TBL if the owner is OK with it.

I’m in Richmond. I’d be okay with it. Could use my gaming pc to do it and we can play some games too while you are here.... wonka, TBL, tftc, Jp pro

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There's a bunch on Ali Express, and I agree with the above, it's probably best to gather some spare parts for this game.

Could you link me to the correct one? I’m not familiar with all of this stuff.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ok then this one should work.
amazon.com link »

Thank you. That one will work with Linux or whatever?

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Great stream of the unboxing! I pulled some clips. Great to see it made it and looking forward to see the next play stream

Thank you! Game looks fantastic. I possibly have 2 issues. 1. Whenever I hit the left orbit, and it comes around and down from the Maude trident area and always goes sdtm. So basically left orbit is always a drain. Can someone please tell me where it is suppose to go when hit at full speed? Perhaps a video of your game doing it?

2. The car mech. When the car comes out and goes in. It’s not smooth. It’s like jittery? For lack of a better term. Like notchy? Is that normal? How does the car come out and go back in for you?

#239 4 years ago

Also just got bowling and the holder for the ball (aimer) goes back and forth smooth but when it gets all the way to the right it stutters back and forth and then returns to normal. Then repeat. Normal? Or is there an adjustment?

#241 4 years ago

I think I got a special edition version of the game.... never seen this before. The Big Jurassic Lebowski?

188649E2-0DF7-4D8B-9DD2-DC4FEBCADAAC (resized).png188649E2-0DF7-4D8B-9DD2-DC4FEBCADAAC (resized).png
#243 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I had the same issue with left orbit shots going SDTM on return. Barry had me bend the ball guide to the left a bit so that it returned to the top of the left flipper, but be careful - I ended up with a tiny bit of playfield damage making the adjustment.
Re the car, check out some videos of the game on YouTube to compare. I uploaded a couple not long after getting the game and there is also the Bowen PAPA tutorial.

Pdxmonkey has the right answer for you there. I had to do the same. Check out this post for instructions:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150

Haha, I just read your reply, I actually went ahead and did the same fix for the orbit shot. I also made the same mistake during the process but it’s all good now the edge does stick out further than I’d like but it’s not really an issue.

#244 4 years ago
1BF3219F-33B7-4F49-AD9A-36B8FA7E8568 (resized).jpeg1BF3219F-33B7-4F49-AD9A-36B8FA7E8568 (resized).jpeg374521F6-A732-436F-A1A3-0B14E466CD2E (resized).jpeg374521F6-A732-436F-A1A3-0B14E466CD2E (resized).jpeg4009E946-2BC9-49C1-B237-5D37A8A36D1E (resized).jpeg4009E946-2BC9-49C1-B237-5D37A8A36D1E (resized).jpeg42A73C54-8252-4D21-BBE8-C662C2021894 (resized).jpeg42A73C54-8252-4D21-BBE8-C662C2021894 (resized).jpeg5F39CFAB-A4C5-4A4C-8606-139B70C82A21 (resized).jpeg5F39CFAB-A4C5-4A4C-8606-139B70C82A21 (resized).jpeg
#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

SIGH
When will you be streaming?

Yup! Days coming soon. But not till Atleast Friday. Then likely all weekend, different times sat, Sunday and also Monday.

This weekend is JP pro, which I am finding to be an incredibly difficult game to find the shots on the right of the pf

#248 4 years ago

Anyone else that just got a game, have their car mech come out all shaky like? Not smooth? Anyone know a fix for this? Do I need to oil or lube a gear or something?

#252 4 years ago

Its a stepper motor. Its just the nature of the beast

So normal operation? No causefornconcern?

#255 4 years ago

The Big Lebowski Twitch Tease Stream Coming Shortly. Get Hyped! Give us a follow on twitch at http://twitch.tv/deathsavearcade and click that notification button to see when we go live with the show! DeathSaveArcade will be streaming TBL in full all next weekend!

#256 4 years ago

DeathSaveArcade will be hosting a teaser stream of The Big Lebowski in 5 minutes!

#259 4 years ago

Death Save Arcade Presents: The Big Lebowski Tease Stream. In case you missed our show, here is the incredible VoD. If you enjoy this stream. Please follow me on twitter @DeathSaveArcade for the latest news, updates on future streams and event postings and hit that follow button on Twitch. Goodnight Pinheads

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/471944279

I apologize for the connection sounds, apparently we have a failing usb port.
Enjoy

#272 4 years ago

Thanks for this initial TBL stream! The game looks great.
One request though - please adjust your overhead camera as the top of the playfield is cut off (on Twitch anyway) on your videos.
I am now following and look forward to your future streams!

Hey there! Thanks for the view and the follow! Really appreciate the support.

I just checked out the video and I didn’t see any issues with the camera. The entire Playfield is shown. Here is a screen grab from the stream. If you are seeing something different, maybe somehow you zoomed in on your form of viewing? Not sure. Hope this helps.
28EBEF30-7C95-4C54-BC6A-B8D3764040DA.png28EBEF30-7C95-4C54-BC6A-B8D3764040DA.png

BCE4B36C-83A6-4A66-BF4F-9782A384232E.pngBCE4B36C-83A6-4A66-BF4F-9782A384232E.png
#287 4 years ago

Hey guys, question for the new and older owners. My game has been playing great but recently I have had 2 different games where right in the middle, seemingly randomly, the game will stop and it will show. can not locate P-Roc board. A cycle of the game fixes it. But what’s going on? Is this a known issue? Something I should do? Anyone got Barry’s email?

#297 4 years ago

Hey everyone, just letting you know. DeathSaveArcade on twitch will be streaming our big lebowski on Saturday and Sunday at 7pm eastern. Gonna try to have direct video and a special surprise setup too.

Full game tutorial and gameplay. Hope you come check it out.

#305 4 years ago

7pm eastern tonight I will be streaming The Big Lebowski in 1080p 60fps with direct video and a bowling alley cam!
Please join us at DeathSaveArcade on twitch! -VividPsychosis

#307 4 years ago

High quality stream! Loved having a bowling alley view. Thanks Dude!

Thanks man!!! took me all day to setup and my equipment kept dying on me. Appreciate the view and support! If anyone missed the stream, just go to the link from my post and check out the video on demand! Game tutorial and play starts at 5min

1 week later
#369 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Why is Vivid selling his TBL?

Hey fellas. I am selling mine unfortunately to help cover the cost of support my wife’s family medical care. Her grandmother is coming into the late stages of dementia and can no longer be kept at her mothers house and her father is a handyman who recently was diagnosed with cancer and can barely walk now.

Her family is not as fortunate as we are , so we are doing what we can to provide them assistance.

My TBL is for sale as well as a 2017 Supercharged Grand Sport Corvette 3lt auto.

Thanks for the inquiry. It’s a shitty time. Also, sorry I haven’t been streaming this past week. We have been dealing with the family stuff obviously and now I’m back, but will be spending some time on borderlands 3. I’ll post up on twitter when I plan do a return stream.

4 weeks later
#444 4 years ago

Anyone know how to get to the switch for “home” on the car? Gonna try to adjust mine so it sits in the home position better. Currently then car mech works perfectly but at times, not always, it will kinda bounce about 1/2 an inch back and forth over and over instead of sitting at home. I assume it’s a simple switch adjustment on the microswitch. Any tips? Thoughts?

Is there any easy way to get to the 2 disabled parking switches? Mine need adjustment there too. They hit (directly) just fine when the car isn’t out but when the car is out and you hit the car, it can take multiple solid shots to register a hit. I’d like to make it more sensitive.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How's the code on this guy's? Deep enough but not overly deep right? Any comparison to level of depth for more popular accessible games?

Think attack from mars depth with 3 more car modes and TBL theme.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - glad to hear from you as well on this. Didn't know you had both. Is there a rules list available?
TBL reminds me a lot of alien in that it has great video and sound integration. I love watching the video clips and it just flows well.

I have a full tutorial on YouTube from my stream up on YouTube. Full direct audio and video 1080p. Also get to the mini wizard in the video. Search DeathSave Arcade and includes a bowling alley cam.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vividpsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.