IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

so half have shipped, the other half next week? Must suck to be the guy waiting on the second batch while you watch all the first batch guys open their games up!

Wording choice would be wise considering the situation at hand and the history of the games. Some may perceive this as trolling.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Super excited cant wait thank got it looks clean. Didnt know it was chromed out

All DP removed from the EA machines was the EA plaque and supposedly EA serial number. Everything else is EA status level.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love it! Maybe a new “Rug Pissers Edition” plaque is in order.

I vote for the 40 released hostage games to be called “nihilist” editions

5 months later
#752 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Made a video showing the proto EA apron. Best place to see it in action is after the last ball

Any word on when it will be available?

2 weeks later
#805 4 years ago

Where did you snag the coin door from?

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Contacted Josh at PinballDecal and he didn't have any and may quit plating so....listed an ad and was contacted....Bought Coin door, Hindges and Chrome bolts from dasha126 pinsider...Contact him as I think he does plating! Great guy

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#899 4 years ago

Stern sells plastic colored aprons for 69.00

Last custom apron with no lighting I saw was Hooked’s ACDC (which looked great BTW) at 349.00

No way these will sell for less than that. My guess is the 399-499 range.

1 week later
#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

California just hit me with a $1,277 tax bill for the TBL I imported last year. Wow.

Why is that a surprise?

#1019 4 years ago

To each their own. I prefer the factory lighting. The pinstadiums light up all the areas I’d prefer to remain low light in addition to the playfield.

#1045 4 years ago

Has anyone attempted to recreate the original ball launch button yet? The bowling ball one?

#1054 4 years ago

Hey Rensh, do you have a pic of the original ball launcher?

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This was a rendering picture.[quoted image]

You da man.

#1083 4 years ago

I’d be in. It would be cool to offer a package deal of “balls” for the Dude, Walter, Donnie and Jesus.

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

A few people have said that they would like an option of this color so I'm sure we can make that happen

I still say we need a "Shomer F#ckin' Shabbos Ball Pack" with balls for the three mains plus jesus.

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It would be cool if the mod worked like a track ball so you can spin it as it would give you much more of a bowling ball feel (if possible).
So if you push forward on it, the ball would roll inwards....

would require cutting a huge hole in the cabnet

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If it were me, this button is used on multiple games, take advantage of the volume for sales!

The button I agree, but the recommendation of a track ball style ball, who would want to cut a big hole in the cabinet to make it fit?

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Other Ideas: one like the Skull Ball from Mystery Men or the Rose from Kingpin.
I know cross movie but cool nonetheless.

The beauty of this mod, which is what CPR was saying, is really once the mod is made, he can alter it for whatever game uses the same button. A half sphere doesn’t have to be a bowling ball. The skull would look cool on monsterbash, or could do something to fit R&M, or AFM, the possibilities are endless.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to clear a system program problem detected error? First time it’s popped up. Thanks for the assistance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/2#post-5209604

Post 77

#1130 4 years ago

Happy to help. Been trying to make sure I know how to handle all the little quirks if and when I get mine.

1 month later
#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Here is a video showing the detail in the ball. Each one will be slightly different then the next as you can see in the pics.
Also I figure this goes without saying but just in case, the button will not light up. Even though it is a clear resin with all the pigments and flakes added to it a LED bulb lighting it up is not going to happen.

nice job!

#1236 3 years ago

I’m thinking I need all 3. Never know when you want to change it up.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

On its way !!
[quoted image]

Is DP starting to send them out finally?

2 months later
#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And so.. 4 years passed with many hurdles and plot twists but this can of “ rust coloration” has been re-opened to service cars 180 and upwards
Stock was running low at HQ, a good thing ![quoted image]

sounds like DP is doing things right if they are ordering parts

1 month later
#1460 3 years ago

That's awesome another EA is getting their game!

#1473 3 years ago

Wasn't there a flipper fix and some point, something to do with the wires mixed up?

1 year later
#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

But what was the display the cat was hiding
Koen’s latest work for testing
The framework all is based upon had to be revisited but that work is more or less finished so steps are taken again
Don’t ask for timeline pls. It’s ready when it’s ready but rest assured, it’s worked upon as promised.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait. Thanks for keeping us updated that the code update is still a priority!

1 month later
#3359 2 years ago

Never seen the black. I have the two different pink and the brown.

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is that your only form of ID?

I know my rights, man

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I didn’t know a spin-off was in the works…is it too soon to ask DP to build a kit with new plastics, cabinet art and a translite so I can buy (errr…get on the waitlist for) another TBL and just do a Jesus conversion.
[quoted image]

Don’t waste your time. It was horrible.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Agree. I couldnt watch it till the end horrible as it was
No special version thus required.

I shut it off 45 min in. And it was a struggle to make it that far.

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

The movie it's in Showtime. It's not great but i thought it was worth a try. 5 out of 10.

We all did. Don’t feel bad. It just doesn’t have the same vibe. Jesus didn’t even feel like the same character.

#3391 2 years ago

#3394 2 years ago

If you figure it out, let me know. The code updates don’t have the full code so I can’t see the original sound files. But they are all .wav files in the update, so it can’t be difficult to change out.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3402 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Sadly is 3 broken. I should of thought of coating them with clear epoxy before.. Game is very playable but it seems like this is a common problem with the bowling pins. Either way, I am happy with the machine, but I wish they make them out of ABS or something like that that can resist the impact. I will see if I can find a way to 3d print them later on, but I would love to be able to order some replacements from Dutch Pinball asap.

Someone already had an upgraded version. I think it was the mod couple

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

Even if those ramps are made from a thicker plastic, they get beaten and will break eventually. I am really in for a set of ramp protectors but Cliff hasn't been able to put his hands on a Big Lebowski to make them yet. He's offering to do it he can have access to a machine. Unfortunately that won't be mine as I am thousand of miles and an ocean or two away from him (and still awaiting my game).

Where is he?

#3431 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Made my own target decals while I wait for my torx tools... They are printed on photo paper. These are just a prototype.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the red vette. Where did you find it?

#3432 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I think this was asked just one page back.
OVER THE LINE!

This isn’t Nam Smokey. There are rules.

2 weeks later
#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, with thanks to several Pinsiders for adding the idea of the rubber ring I created this application note describing how to replace broken pins and adding a 'limiter'. Hope this helps you all.
I have been told first batch of plastic rings are expected to arrive at DP next or week after. When those are used DP is now considering to move to the rubber ring option also.[quoted image]

This idea is simple and easy to do. Just did it myself yesterday with some 5/16 rubber rings I had at the house. Took my time and was done in about 15min. Removed the first three rows one at a time, and then Left the last row of pins alone and had plenty of room to install the rubbers. Then just reinstalled the first three in reverse order.

#3501 1 year ago

Added bonus, the Bowling mech is near silent with the rubber rings.

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks.
I didn’t time it but think 15 minutes is more or less what it takes indeed. Guess also that doing it for the first time thus taking it easy would make it like 30 minutes. Still, not a tough or lengthy work to do.

Hardest part is my big meat paws and those tiny torx screws. I’d recommend a magnetic tip driver if you have one.

4 weeks later
#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

?? After the face? What does this mean? If you mean afterwards the answer is yes

And it’s easy

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I always use the wet method when installing pinblades, but TBL's tight playfield provided a bit more of a challenge. I successfully installed them without removing the playfield (didn't want to tackle lifting this on my own), but then ended up catching and tearing a gash in the left pinblade minutes later. ARGH!
Rather than buy a new set of art blades to replace the left one, I opted instead to go the route that a prior TBL owner had posted pics of and purchased a set of mirrior blades instead. My TBL now has a mirror blade on the left side and an art blade on the right. A bit unconventional perhaps, but so was the Dude, and ... this arrangement kind of reminds me of a bowling alley interior more.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That actually looks pretty good. Had the same thing happen to mine so I may steal the look.

1 week later
#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my Donny shot would go down the middle every time. I tried several things that would get knocked off by the ball. Finally, I scuffed up the edge of the tip of the right metal rail. About 1/4" in. Scuffed with about 500 grit. Then used some UV adhesive. put a bead in the middle. About 1-2mm thick. Hardened it with UV. Every donny shot now, kicks over to the left flipper every time. Been this way for about 500 games so far and still holding strong.
Clear epoxy would work as well i'm sure.

I used door edge guard and some automotive high bond tape. Been fine for over 3 months.

3 months later
#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Good afternoon everyone! We just joined the club! Received our machine Wednesday and set it up today.
Only issue I have so far is the car will not swing out, it makes a fast pace clicking sound. Anyone have some advice on this one?

Gotta adjust the switches. Make sure the two red stand ups are not closed, next make sure the return switch is adjusted appropriately.

3 weeks later
#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Found this in the cabinet right side towards the back. Anyone have any ideas on where this came from as it's obviously longer than the playfeild is thick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be checking solenoids. I had two come loose from the kickback. I then rechecked all solenoids and found over half loose. Shipping shakes them a ton.

#4077 1 year ago

Phenomenal update DP team.

#4130 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

At the moment you can do it in the BIOS or the OS. Of course we want to have this possibility in the service menu, but there was a user privilege issue which delayed this feature till after 1.00.

What you have done so far is nothing short of awesome. Great work!

1 week later
#4240 1 year ago

Have you made it to let’s go bowling in those 21 games?

1 week later
#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I found a Lebowski and excited to have it in a couple of weeks. I need to buy all of the cool mods (bowling balls on the left, the bowling alley sign on the top pf, etc). Hopefully they are still available.
Question now is mirrors or side art…..

Why not one of both. Now that I tore my side art on the left, I’m doing a mirror blade on that side.

#4299 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I don’t like the pot leaf either. The black ones linked here don’t have it - just stars. I think I might go black side art bc it seems to really bring it all together with the apron

They look perfect, just be careful lifting and lowering the playfield. I tore mine on the left.

#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I got the M0d C0uple bowling balls and they look nothing like the promotional photos. They look like some cheap toy bought off AliExpress and resold for profit. I would save your money on that one.

Agreed. When it said clear coated I expected the stickers to be decals under the clear. Nope.

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone know how to capture direct audio from TBL?
I tried both pink and green audio jacks on the motherboard, and also looked for audio on the HDMI out via Camlink (which worked for Rick and Morty.)

Speaker level connections?

#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I assume he means direct capture from the speaker terminals.
TBL has a separate audio board which is why you will not find audio at the Pc.

Yup. If it’s critical, you can get a line output converter to switch the high level speaker output to low level RCA.

#4354 1 year ago

Just wanted to give credit where it’s due, BigLebowski’s topper is bad ass. Love how you can customize it to how you want. I’m going to add either a Kaluha and Stoli bottle on the left, or the c4 1:18 vette, or the anniversary bowling bag. Not sure yet. Definitely worth the wait.

858BE7D3-9FE8-4754-B036-508D830AE8C0 (resized).jpeg858BE7D3-9FE8-4754-B036-508D830AE8C0 (resized).jpeg
#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Where is this topper from?

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Wow you have tall ceilings! Topper looks great.

Loft setting. Slopes from 14-12’

#4359 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

TBL sitting next to RNM.
I like your style dude!

Thanks! Under black light no less.

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

from me
Still have material for a few more. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Yup. Well worth the wait.

It really, uh, ties the room together, man.

#4383 1 year ago

Obviously, you’re not a golfer.

1 month later
#4653 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Just noticed this Matrix Pinball banner at the DPO Expo...is it next?! Or is that the homebrew? I asked Barry about that years ago and he said nope. Maybe it has changed...
[quoted image]

Pinnovators did it as a retheme of JM

1 month later
#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s a manual?

AC8148AA-CB9B-40E2-8D96-9EA5EACEC4B8.gifAC8148AA-CB9B-40E2-8D96-9EA5EACEC4B8.gif
9 months later
#6333 5 months ago

Can’t do the toilet. Well thought out, but no.

1 week later
#6470 4 months ago

Seems like it really blocks the view of the upper three Maude lights

3 months later
#7035 52 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Does this happen with the sound mod SSD as well?

I had it happen to a buddies machine. I reinstalled the factory ssd and reflashed him a new one. Still haven’t installed the new one yet.

#7037 52 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

His pic above looks like the factory SSD is plugged in. My question is if he is seeing the same issue with the sound mod SSD

Gotcha, I had the same issue he is having now with the sound mod ssd on my buddies machine. Factory one works fine. Ssd was the issue in his. SSDs go bad. Is what it is. Don’t think it has anything to do with the sound mod.

1 week later
#7093 41 days ago
Quoted from Drebay:

Whatever happened to the DP lighted side blades I heard so much about months back? I believe there was some technical difficulties and then I never heard anything since. Has this idea been scrapped? I have a Lebowski due to be delivered soon and was hoping for these lighted blades to be on the market but now looks like I will be just getting the generic vinyl art readily available.

I don’t think it was scrapped, I know they still have a topper coming as well.

1 month later
#7256 10 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

New software release alert
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software
It also has an optional real knocker mod. Working with Pinball Life on a kit but attached you will already find a draft manual on it to show whats all about
Version 1.13 - April 2024
Changes:
Added Knocker Mod support:
Setting "Adjustment Menu -> Hardware -> Knocker Mod" to indicate whether a knocker is installed (and enabled) or not; defaults to not installed.
Setting "Adjustment Menu -> Coil strengths -> Knocker Mod" to adjust the strength.
The knocker will knock when a free credit is earned (also in freeplay), via the Match feature or achieving a high score in the various categories - you can adjust the amount of credits earned in "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards".
Added/improved "Bowling Return and Release" retry mechanism. Both retry 2 times after a failed attempt, with incrementing pulse strengths. Then cool down for 20 seconds before trying again if necessary.
Added "Profiles & Highscores Menu > Default Highscores Level" setting, which determines the level of the default highscores. This setting is not changed by the "Install Presets" menu because it can influence earnings (more free credits on lower default highscore levels).
Added quick 100% setting to Display > Vertical Position setting, and 100% is now marked as the factory default for machines with the new screen.
Changed scoop and saucer coil strength range to allow higher values.
Changed shooter lane diverter coil strength range to allow lower values, and lowered the default significantly (also lowered the hold power for this coil).
Removed "Live" support (settings and functionality).
Bugfixes:
Bowling logic: some throws would count twice causing illegible text and erroneous Challenge Failed or Succeeded. This happened when the ball release was slightly slower than expected by the code.
"Bowling Super Jackpot after 10 frames" text would be out of position in a normal game after playing a Bowling Challenge game with extra throws in the 10th frame.
Added Scoop Opto and both parking targets (except when car is out) to ball search reset switches.
In "Bowling Challenge", after profile selection the launch button would not blink anymore.
[quoted image]

Saw the knocker on pbl and ordered. Didn’t realize if you have a pre 3/23 game you need to buy an additional board. Looked on the DP website and didn’t see it listed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titanpenguin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=titanpenguin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.