IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
King On Throne (resized).jpg
20240415_202251 (resized).jpg
TBL HALO's (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#3030 2 years ago

I just look at the line of the rail and try it perfect in line, then drooped a little, then raised a little. try a few games and you'll find the tuning you like. (not on BL as i don't have one disclaimer, but it works the same on all of them)

1 year later
#6243 5 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Shot feels much easier to hit when you roll of the edge of the flipper, more powerful, more consistent.
Had to lower the power to the bottom flippers quite a bit for as the difference was quite noticeable. I was ricocheting off the targets, flying up the ramps etc. Lowered them both by 4 I think and they still seem to hit harder but not to the point where I might damage something.
I had already but a pair of these on my JJP POTC and it was a game changer but it’s been awhile since I’ve experienced that before and after on a new game. It’s absolutely worth the investment (in my opinion) and looks pretty damn good as well.

And they make a beautiful 'ting'.

#6252 5 months ago

The solids were the original launch and the Halo's were developed after. Both give a more precise shot and more power. The solids give a little more bounce to the ball on a deadbounce if you are that far into feel, but this is all variable on rubber selection.

Titan low bounce or regular rubber will play more differently than halo or solid will.

Both are good, halo's are better, but it's about which style fits which game best.

#6254 5 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks for that…I guess the other consideration is whether you want to be able to place a mod on top of the bat…might not look too great over the hollow ones….

John is in the process of designing a bat topper mount or toppers themselves, don't know how far it is in his list of priorities but you can ask in the Precsion Flippers thread and he'll answer.

I like bat toppers on plastic bats, but there's no way i'd hide the Precisions, they are too cool.

I have about 7 or 8 sets.

1 week later
#6298 5 months ago

Way to piss on his rug.

#6310 5 months ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Every character in every movie is technically imaginary, but in this particular movie to each other they are all real.

Historical, documentary or biographical movies, anyone?

#6315 5 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Anyone ordering one? I am on the fence…

It's taken the title of ugliest mod away from Pulp Fictions half eaten hamburger.

#6354 4 months ago

My kick in the balls came from Mirco and JJP when i bought a first run GnR.

I'll never buy JJP again, let alone Mirco as a result of the way they handled it.

#6381 4 months ago

I liked it so much i refused to look at the price as i knew i'd be tempted even though i don't own the machine....yet....

#6384 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’ll be a downer and say I don’t like the topper. As a piece of art unto itself, it’s very nice (wall art version - good). On the pin, it’s overpowering, towering over, and drowns out the back box. Like adding grenadine to a White Russian. But, hey. That’s just like my opinion, man.

Seems tough to get a downvote on your respectful and well though out view of art. Such an individual thing.

#6414 4 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Cool, I didn't think that was an option. Wow. You mean I could just play it like it is?
For a moment, I was thinking that if it were my $12,000 toy I could do what I wanted with it. I also assumed the other owners who have done this might weigh in.
But, thanks guys!

You were asked your reasons and gave a clear and reasonable answer. I don't blame you for getting narky when your reasons are dismissed.

#6462 4 months ago

How much money was it?

1 week later
#6533 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It’s not a dick question, just a dick response by punkin. Lets see if he owns it…

PWD i usually avoid it, but yes i'll own that one.

i don't even really know what i meant.

1 month later
1 week later
#6859 78 days ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Question regarding hitting the Let’s Go Bowling miniRamp on the upper PF: many times it looks like I hit that ramp perfectly only to have the ball go 90% up the ramp but then reverse and come back…game is perfectly level and pitched to 6.5°….if I increase the mini-flipper power in Settings then it will not even reach the ramp (hits the handicap targets off the tip of the flipper)…if I turn the power down, it NEVER makes it up the mini-ramp….any tips on ways to make this shot more consistent?

At the risk of being ostracized and attacked once again, have a look at Precision Flippers.

2 weeks later
#6971 60 days ago

Josh did a stack of that flipper weirdness in Houdini. It was fun, flipper delay, flipper reverse, flipper reverse and inverted so you had to cross your arms to play.

#6986 56 days ago

Pull it apart and have a look?

1 month later
#7189 19 days ago

I never take balls out on modern machines, just poke a microfiber cloth in the bit where they can come out.

#7193 19 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Looking forward to the Pinball Life knocker kit!

Great product, Tron and Walking Dead sound like a 22/250 going off.

1 week later
#7215 12 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I honestly didn’t know knockers were so popular but I see people were really excited to get one for TBL. I disable mine on my home games. Am I missing out? Doesn’t it just go off for high scores?

They tickle your balls while drawing a crowd to watch it.

Good as it gets.

#7218 12 days ago

me and all the people in my life hate pinball knockers. i dont get it

You have to think of the origins. The 80's or 70's arcade where all the cool kids hung.

The rock star of the arcade starts a game after leaving the last one with credits from popping it for us poor slobs, and gets it rolling good.

He's cranking combo's and building points, and if he doesn't get a free game he has to actually put money in.

Then he pop's it on points and people start taking notice, he's still cranking combo's and he's still on his first ball.

People start gathering to watch behind him.

Second ball and he's beat the GC score on the new game, noone has seen this part of the game yet, but he's in the mini wiz. When he's beat the GC it's started popping again, and now there's twenty kids behind him watching and cheering.

Tell me you don't get that.

#7220 12 days ago

totally.
on location esp w my kiddos when someone dings we all go ‘heyooooooo.’
pinball casuals dont know what it means so we make a big deal about it and they get all into it.
that being said not in my house

Sure. You'll get a hooray cheer from everyone here at mine.

#7248 9 days ago

Guys we NEED NEED NEED a stuck ball prevention solution for behind the bowling ball return left ramp
i dont know how to do it or i would.
who can i talk to?

I haven't got the machine, but can you just put a spare pinball there?

#7263 7 days ago

They look a little drooped. Line up with the inlane guides to reduce ball hop, but play it and then adjust to suit the shots you want to be able to make.

Drooped will give you better access to the bottom half of the playfield, level or slightly high will give you better access to the top.

This is one of the true benefits of the precision flipper upgrade, this can all be done without lifting the playfield once installed.

#7292 43 hours ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yep, TBL is one heavy sucker. I've owned a TZ, and in my mind, that was the heaviest until TBL came along to my gameroom.

You don't want to drop the Hobbit on your foot either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.