IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Getting a bit closer on BOWL rotating sign - Mod!
In testing phases right now....for next couple weeks to see if motors hold up. They are rotating a bit faster than I like right now, but good testing speed.

Love these mods and will hopefully be ordering these soon once my number is called to pay for my TBL

3 months later
#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It helped. I still need to polish up the balls with just a cloth to get them shiny but it appears scratches are less. Scratches also don’t disappear with polishing them up with just a cloth.

Could you consider lining the subway with mylar at the factory for all future machines?

3 weeks later
#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I have a set of the blue ones from Tilt Graphics. I decided not to install them and leave my cabinet blank 50 bucks plus shipping the lower 48 Thanks Tim

Pm sent

2 weeks later
#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hitting Walter ramp from a cradled flipper is more or less impossible with me. Backhanding Dude ramp for a lock ain’t easy. I do it more for a loop shot return to the left flipper.
Besides adjusting flipper strength there is nothing you can do. The mechanisms are brand new regular BW stuff from Pinball life so should be fine. Recommended pitch is 6.5 degrees.

Perhaps you could assess whether the flippers are binding or possibly rubbing against the playfield? I had this issue on my Maiden and it was dramatically lowering the flipper strength

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome. I'm going to try this out.
The left ramp design pisses me off a bit, because it would have been so easy to remedy in design. If that ramp would tapper down `1/2" after the diverter, and the scoop was 1/2" lower. The balls would never get rejected and any ball that made it past the diverter, would roll into the scoop. Would have fixed all of the ramp rejections. I'm almost tempted to make replacement scoops and new ramps with the new design. I think I can alter the current ramp with heat enough to get that 1/2" downward bend in it. I'd just have to remake the scoop slightly shorter.

Is that what CPR999's ramp clip is designed to address? I was curious if this is an issue that only plagues the older builds or if even newer owners are experiencing left ramp rejects too.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

Nice...great idea!

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Brady Put me down for 1 when the testing is complete .

Me too!

2 weeks later
#2724 2 years ago

KoenHeltzel - Could you provide an estimated timeline for the larger code release? It would be awesome to get a sense for how long we have to anxiously await new and enhanced gameplay updates!

Thanks!

1 month later
#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

i bought just the lockdown bar. It’s night and day better than stock!!

How much and from where?

1 week later
#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I have the Hollywood Lanes sign and In-N-Out burger in boxes and will install soon. I usually see the Burger sign where you have the “No Parking” sign. I like your placement! Any advice?

Ditto! Haven't seen that placement but dig it!

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Just want to share my topper progress. it's about 80% done. Can't wait for my machine.

Love it!

2 months later
#3199 2 years ago

Rensh - With the new machines having new computers, does this impact the established process for swapping out music? Also, when plugging in a usb keyboard and mouse, are there specific usb ports where this is recommended? I receive my machine tomorrow and I'm very excited! Thank you for all of your excellent posts and support thus far, I'm sure I'll appreciate your future support as much as the current owners have appreciated the support you've already delivered

Thanks!

#3209 2 years ago

Also joined the club on Friday! Had some unfortunate shipping damage to the back of the cab due to a careless forklift or pallet jack driver. Luckily it's not terrible and only visible from the back of the cab which I will never see as long as the game is in my lineup. I will possibly fix with quick wood and paint.

The machine seems to be built very well and has played great this far. I've been added the mods I've collected to include many of cpr99's which are all great.

A few questions for the more seasoned owners:

1) Had anyone done anything creative to increase the rug sensitivity to make it register more shots. My rug seems to be functioning well but it takes a really strong shot center mass to register a hit. I know about the switch that registers hits and have posted a pic of mine in case it isn't oriented well.

2) I've gotten the ball stuck behind the upper flipper on the upper playfield on its way down the return ramp. I recall folks having a fix for this...something about bending one of the metal guides. Any details on this would be greatly appreciated

3) For those folks who have adjusted the lower playfield window to be more flush with the playfield, did you simply just either tighten or loosen one or more of the screws securing the window from below the playfield or do something more involved?

Thanks!

PXL_20220129_223135297 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_223135297 (resized).jpg
#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

The rug is performing as designed. It is easier to register hits from the left flipper than the right
Yes - bend the metal rail a little towards you. Balls can still get stuck but a few hits on the flipper button and it should come down pretty quickly
Yes. If the lower window is too high or too low you will get airballs off the window as it hits the ramp. Adjust the screws holding the window until it is smooth along the playfield.
Enjoy the game

Appreciate it! When you say bend the metal rail, are you talking above the rail behind the upper flipper or the top, right-side of the wireform return ramp?

#3225 2 years ago

Can you fine folks confirm whether your launch button is lit in either the attract mode and/or during gameplay. My launch button will randomly light up from time to time and I'm suspecting that it's not working properly. Mine lights up in test mode every time which seems to eliminate the bulb or wiring being loose.

Thanks

#3235 2 years ago

Figure I'd post a potential solution for anyone who has a rug that requires a really hard shot to register a hit. I spent a bunch of time trying to readjust the switch to make the rug register shots more effectively and ended up finding a great solution: move the switch lower.

I've attached two pics. The first is the switch the way it was installed at the factory. The second is the adjusted position. You can see from the pics that it was screwed in at an angle from the factory. The adjustment has it a bit lowered and the screws are parallel.

I also tried removing the switch and moving the switch blade to the inside mounting nubs but that didn't work...made the rug barely register at all.

Now the rug registers hits much more easily and is playing perfectly. You don't need to nail the shot and can even hit it with a backhand! Hope that this is helpful to all the dudes out there!

PXL_20220129_223135297 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_223135297 (resized).jpgPXL_20220208_021047747 (resized).jpgPXL_20220208_021047747 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yeah, I added Showdown to my TBL song mix a few weeks ago. Fits the bowling theme nicley.

Funny you mention that as I was thinking the same thing. Out of curiosity, which song did you replace. I'm also considering adding Man in Me but not sure what I'd replace.

1 month later
#3437 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Over 13000 balls have gone through the bowling alley without a single pin breaking so clearly this is the way to go. So, solution is not stronger pins but a limiter (the ring) making the swing upwards different and not hitting anything anymore. Rings have been ordered and also a STL file for 3D printing will be provided.
To be cntd asap but looks like we are (finally) heading the right direction

Excellent news @rensh...really appreciate the continued improvements to this machine. I have owned mine for a few months now and absolutely loving it. Please let us know how / when we can get a set of these rings and get instructions on how to install them!

#3438 2 years ago

I am looking for some different scoring strategies/approaches. I consider myself to be a pretty solid player (I've won a large league and have won some tourneys), but I struggle to break 32 million on my game. That said, there is one on location where the GC is 125 million...to me that seems unachievable. I look on Pinside and the highest scores posted are in the low to mid 40 million range. I'd love to hear folks talk through their scoring strategies, especially if you're been able to achieve scores far north of my 32 million.

Thanks!

#3441 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

It's basically this for me: Don't go into character mutli-ball until you've got all 5 characters lit with all 5 bowling balls, preferably after you have built up their jackpots by hitting them multiple times and lighting some white russians. Then do some damage.
If gets somewhat boring, but if you are good about building up a single character's jackpot, a single shot could be worth a lot. For example, one time I think I built up Donny to something like 700k, and of course messed things up before I could get into multi-ball with everything stacked, but I think that would have been 14 million per Donny in multi-ball, and if you wrap around 2-3 times it really adds up. Even without building up their jackpots at all you get a couple million per shot.

So let's say I build up a single character's jackpot to 500 thousand. If you add a bowling ball, does that make it 1 million. If you add a white russian on top that are you now at 2 million? Do you then multiply the number of characters you brought into the character multiball on top of that. So 2 characters in this example (with ball and russian) would be 4 million?

I want to clarify my understanding. Appreciate it!!

2 weeks later
#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Wanted to share my bowling alley fix, after seeing the recommended fix from Rens, this seems to limit the travel of the pins!
[quoted image]

What size rings did you use?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3493 1 year ago

What's the easiest way to remove the pin to install the ring? Is that process referenced in the manual? If so, could you point us to where?

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Congratulations! having said that...
PLASTIC PROTECTORS! PLASTIC PROTECTORS! RUBBER TUBING ON BOWLING PINS. Don't use pinball rubbers for the bowling pins, they will make them bounce more and will still break.

What specifically did you use on your pins? I bought the correct rubber rings and planned to install them this weekend

#3544 1 year ago

I'm a bit confused now over whether the rubber rings are good enough...there seems to be some conflicting info. Why are they not sufficient? Will they break? I noticed someone else installed them with some tape on both sides but I wasn't clear as to why

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a 3D printer so the file doesn't help me unfortunately. I would like to employ a fix before my pins start to break

1 week later
#3581 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yeah - these are great! I use them religiously now. I actually had them at the time I installed my TBL pinblades, but wasn't in the habit of always remembering to insert them.
A ruined pinblade within minutes of installation and lesson learned! Now I no longer forget.

Fully agreed. I don't move the playfield in/out without these installed. They are a no-brainer for anyone with side blades or mirror blades

1 month later
#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That would be cool as that's the only way I'll probably get to see The Dude Abides final wizard mode.
I think the most modes I've completed in a single game is three. I tend to focus on the Mark it Zero mode as it earns an extra ball, but hitting the saucer can often be a huge challenge for me unless I'm in a groove with my right flipper tip shots.
LOVE the game nonetheless, and I'm really looking forward to Koen's/DP's final code masterpiece!

Totally agree with this...would be easy to implement and a lot of fun to offer it up almost like a challenge mode selectable upon game start!

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Is the playfield able to be removed relatively easily? I am looking to do a side art install and want to minimize challenges

You shouldn't have to do that. I flip the playfield vertically, shift it as close to the opposite side of where I'm installing the art blade, and then use the wet method with some soapy water. I've never had to remove the playfield. It also helps to have an extra set of hands

3 months later
#4231 1 year ago

I could have sworn that there was a setting discussed where you could reduce the number of rug modes required to get the achievement. I just walked through the rules settings and didn't see it. Is there a way to do it?

1 week later
#4278 1 year ago

My nihilist stand-up target is leaning quite hard to the left towards the scoop. I've adjusted it a few times, but looking for a better, more permanent solution to keep it straight. Anyone have any good ideas or techniques. I know that they sell target splints for stern titles, but those won't work on these stand-up targets. Looking for other suggestions.

4 weeks later
#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's the bowling ball launch button from Mneubey with some fresh holes in the holes(:.)
I used a 5/32 bit and just went slowly in the holes until I punched through. Super easy just made sure to keep it straight - didn't want to nick the white rings and rough them up. Obviously the top two holes are more of what you see from players view, but all light up and its a nice effect!

[quoted image]

I've got the red and black one installed and will likely do this to mine. Thanks for sharing!

#4563 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Has anyone altered the placement of the rug spotlight? Mine gets hit repeatedly and keeps moving counter clockwise.
Regarding the scoop launching the ball up in the air, are people bending the scoop lip down a tad to eliminate the air launch? I’ve reduced the coil power but it still catapults out and I want to avoid potential dents.
Also does anyone make plastic guards other than for the slings/lanes? I’m specifically looking for plastic protectors for the right over the white Russian targets and left over the trampoline target.
Thanks for any help!

ArcadeBar - I had this issue initially, but fixed it by tightening the post from below the playfield as well as the screw that affixes the spotlight to the post from above the playfield. Merely tightening the screw from above the playfield won't work. I haven't had the spotlight move on me since. Also, make sure your lower playfield window is level/flush to the playfield. If the top right corner is raised a bit, then it'll cause the ball to lift off the playfield when you're shooting for the maude spinner from the left flipper. With the ball a bit lifted from the playfield, it'll definitely hit that spotlight.

2 weeks later
#4682 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues performing this update? I had no previous issues updating to subsequent versions. For this one, I go to USB Update and it quickly flashes a "reading USB" message for about a half second and then nothing. I've tried two different USB sticks which have both previously worked as well as both USB slots in the machine. I have reseated the USB and tried to restart the machine. I'm following the instructions on the DP site as I've done previously to copy the zip file directly to the root folder of the USB stick?

The only think I found weird about this file is that it shows up on my PC (windows) as a zip file, but unlike before when I attempt to transfer to the USB it says compressing and takes a long time to load to the USB

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 week later
#4802 1 year ago

After reading all of these posts I took a closer look at my play field and unfortunately I have the looking issue on both of the upper star posts on the slings. Real bummer for sure. It looks worse on the left than the right. I'm serial number 595 and have about 350 plays.

Do I need to submit a formal ticket? I'm definitely game for employing whatever fix is most recommended. I have never dealt with playfield pooling issues on other machines so dealing with it is definitely new to me

PXL_20221231_124047965 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124047965 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124100308 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124100308 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

In regards to purchasing a TBL, is the consensus that this game is awesome despite some possible QC issues or not worth the all the bugs for the hefty price tag? I would love one but am a little gun shy because of the manufacturer.

PM me. I've happily owned one for a couple of years now and would be happy to share my experience

#5185 1 year ago

Happy to share here instead. Like most of you, this is a great theme and really drew me in. The theme integration is awesome and the game really plays and feels like a modern bally/Williams game. With the new code especially, there is plenty to do and it's a ton of fun. The code is certainly not as deep or sophisticated as a modern stern, but the newer code really added some depth and, in my opinion, is a game changer for replayability.

I have found the machine to be pretty reliable thus far, but I've had some small issues along the way. To compare, I've owned a Godzilla Premium since it came out and have had basically zero issues except for a node board that went bad that stern replaced. That said, when I do encounter an issue DP's customer service via this channel, the TBL maintenance thread, and via email have been excellent. Having Rensh's support is invaluable both because he is responsive on these channels and he's added a ton of value via the service FAQ docs. He has really made the machine a LOT more approachable from a maintenance perspective because he's collected and organized all of the issues and how to resolve them with descriptions of the resolutions as well as pics.

To own one, you should expect having to perform some tweaks and you'll likely need to consult these channels and/or the service FAQ. Honestly though, I have experienced minimal issues and less than I anticipated. Will you need to maintain it more so than perhaps a newer stern...probably. is the available customer service and support docs sufficient to do so...absolutely.

DP seems to be taking code updates, service doc updates, and overall customer service quite seriously and I've been impressed by their level of support given their limited resources compared to the large companies like Stern, JJP, and CGC. I had issues with machines from all 3 of these manufacturers over the years and struggled more with their responsiveness and customer service approaches than with DPs.

Hopefully this helps but happy to get into any specifics via PM or over the phone if it helps any future buyer. I would absolutely recommend this machine and look forward to what comes next from DP. I understand that it's a high price tag, long wait, and a boutique manufacturer...totally understand the heightened perceived risks and challenges...I was concerned as well. I am a happy TBL owner and don't regret this purchase at all

#5200 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Thank you for this! You are awesome! Much appreciated (:
Can you recommend any other purchases for TBL? Cointaker has quite a lot of expensive upgrades available that don’t really explain what exactly they are. I have no idea what the $600 stay lit apron exactly is what exactly the decal set is too. Lol

As others have said, the starry lit apron add-on is killer and I'd highly recommend it. You can add that to your order and have it factory installed which I would recommend to save you the trouble. I ordered several mods from pinsider cpr999 including his mod harness that allows you to easily power multiple mods. His stuff is great and I've experienced zero issues with any of it. I've also done some custom music work for it to add in the real music from the movie which I've really enjoyed. I also did the bowling ball launch button mod from another pinsider (don't remember who) which I really like. I really enjoy this game.

Another thing that I consider a must do is to adjust the switch that controls the rug hits. Essentially, I had to adjust this switch to make it more sensitive which has allowed for pretty much every hit from both flippers to register a hit when you shoot the rug mech. This took plenty of trial and error but it's been perfect for 6 months ever since I got it right. From the factory, it wasn't that sensitive and really only registered hard, direct hits which was frustrating...but you can eliminate that issue for sure

3 weeks later
#5390 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Collect first all 5 prior to starting it so that jackpots are bigger (they add on top of each other when lit upon start). If you also first collect all bowlingballs, these will act as a mulitplier for that shot. So each jackpot will be doubled if the bowling ball is lit for that character.
Than its bingo

Add some white russians and the jackpot multipliers on the upper playfield to the mix and it becomes SUPER BINGO

1 month later
#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Finally got a chance to play a TBL tonight and I absolutely loved it!
The left ramp was really hard to make. Is that common?
It would either go up and lose power and roll back out, or it seemed to also be hitting the diverter and rejecting.
Is this a problem, or just something on the specific game?

That shouldn't be an issue...I've had mine for a few years now and never had that issue. I've actually lowered the flipper power a bit on mine. The right ramp requires a fairly clean shot but the flippers should have plenty of power to hit all the shots

1 week later
#5631 11 months ago

I'm trying to export my database file to a USB and it isn't working. I'm getting the "USB stick not found" message. I've tried a variety of USB sticks and have read the posts about it needing to be an NTFS formatted stick. I tried a few sticks I've used in the past on this machine to update code and a few that I reformatted to NTFS, but nothing is working.

Any guidance would be appreciated

#5633 11 months ago

What type of USB is needed to updated to 1.12? In the past I've used Fat32, does it now need to be NTFS?

1 month later
#5854 10 months ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Can someone please give me measurements of the speaker panel?
Im looking to do a custom speaker panel and Im currently traveling
Thanks
[quoted image]

I'd be down for that if you made more than one. I reached out to wizard mods to ask if they could make one but they said they need to get their hands on a machine to do it

5 months later
#6496 4 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

How sensitive is everyone’s rug switch?
I feel the sensitivity on mine is mostly where i want it, except for the skill shot.
After it makes it’s way to left flipper i can time a shot that hits the rug on the left, makes the rug move slightly but no shot registers.
More direct hits, even soft ones to the right side, register quite easily.
Do yall have it set so any hit will register, or, like other bash toy games, it take deliberate and direct (but not powerful) hits work best?

I tinkered with that switch a ton after receiving my machine. Out of the box, you need to nail the rug mostly in the center to get it to register...and any shots from the right flipper or from a trap rarely registered. I spent a ton of time adjusting that switch to the point where now pretty much any hit will register. Everyone once and a while, I will get a phantom rug hit register if the balls is going crazy off the pop bumpers, but to me it's worth that to ensure that every shot I expect to register when hitting the rug does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.