IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2685 2 years ago

Can someone share a picture of how the backglass connects? Mine is not illuminated.

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Take it off- is the connector plugged in?

I’m asking for a picture of where it connects. It’s not connected and don’t see anything in the manual.

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Look in your backbox, you should find an unconnected, black, 8 pin connector. The Backglass connects to the right 4 pins.
[quoted image]

The Lord Bless and Keep you kind sir!!

1 week later
#2720 2 years ago

How are peoples playfields holding up? Mine has quite a bit of dimpling already but they're are quite a few airballs off the stand ups.

Curious how others look over time.

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Which target did you Changed? The two in the left ramp?

Same question and also what targets did you replace them with?

#2757 2 years ago

I've seemed to have chased away most of my issues except two which I'm hoping I can get another owners help on.

1)Jesus ramp.

Used to struggle to get up the vuk, now they just bounce out. Medium/Hard shots just bounce or roll back.. Only the softer ones seem to take. I have moved/bent my vuk assembly several times which tends to cause other problems that I end up just moving back the other way. Can someone who did adjust their vuk assembly measure the angle of the bracket against the playfield? I just keep moving this thing back and forward.

What worked for those of you who had the same problem?

2)

Airballs from stand ups. I've heard of people changing out their targets but with what? I have a new build but this is still a problem on my game.

Thanks!!

1 week later
#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Chris says “get it while you can, while supplies last” makes me wonder are they cutting off ordering soon?
[quoted image]

Just saw that myself. I wonder what’s next for Dutch. Any known licenses they were pursuing? Can they keep building the EA’s even after they’ve moved on to another title? I’m excited to see what’s next!

2 months later
#3086 2 years ago

Finally took the plunge and replaced the stock music with the original recordings. Absolutely amazing. I know it’s a small thing but put a huge smile on my face when playing today. Took the liberty to add a new version of Oye Como Va featuring Pitbull and Santana….Pretty badass if I say so myself…

1 week later
#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Does the game have a family mode setting?

Yes it does

#3117 2 years ago

Both of my flippers feel mushy. I used to be able to backhand mark it zero off the left flipper but no longer have that responsiveness. What adjustments can be made if any to the flippers themselves?

1 month later
#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Are the new TBL shipping with the rug or is that a separate purchase from CT?

They all come with the rug

1 week later
#3204 2 years ago
Quoted from springer77:

Hi, my new TBL will arrive next week!
Will it be necessary to put a playfield protection?
Is the playfield as delicate as in the Stern?
Thanks!

The bowling playfield chips rather easily. There is no remedy for this currently although DP states they are looking into a cliffy for that area (back edge). That being said, outside of dimpling that is the only playfield issue of note in my experience.

#3206 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Finally made it! I’ll have to stop posting in the pre order club Soooo worth the wait.
[quoted image][quoted image]

She’s a beaut!! Welcome to the other side!!

2 weeks later
#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

Currently having an issue with my mini playfield. In test report it says MPF scoop stuck closed. I'm having trouble even locating what its talking about. Where is this switch. I've gone over every switch it seems that is involved with the mini playfield to no avail. Currently no switches work on the miniplayfied either. Both parking switches and back mini ramp switch are inactive too. One of the parking lights is stuck on too. Any helps or threads to point me in the right direction is appreciated.
Thanks

Quoted from Junkhauler:

I'm having the same issue.... I got no lights or switches working on mini playfield but flipper works??
Same error in test: MPF Scoop stuck closed
Can't figure it out either.
We should move too maintenance thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

You both probably have a loose ribbon cable underneath your mini playfield. Remember to hot glue or gaffers tape it in place after reseating as it will continue to happen otherwise. I had my mini playfield off 3 or 4 times before I secured it in place. No problems since (with that issue).

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes. Eacape key works fine and ive tried two different keyboards. A usb one and a ps2 style

Are you hitting the windows key after escape?

1 week later
#3306 2 years ago

Finally got around to installing the white apron plastic that Time so kindly provided. Took awhile with the heat gun to prevent breaking the plastic and my patience payed off. Much improved over the orange lettering. Mirror tint looks good even with the lights off. Thanks again!

704F02D6-57ED-438E-A4AD-3575D9FB2BDA (resized).jpeg704F02D6-57ED-438E-A4AD-3575D9FB2BDA (resized).jpeg

066C3A64-0AB2-46FF-8DFF-7EE38F78DF47 (resized).jpeg066C3A64-0AB2-46FF-8DFF-7EE38F78DF47 (resized).jpeg

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What did you use the heat gun for?
If to remove old orange plastic, what temp and how long did you heat up orange plastic.
Thx

Yes, to remove the orange plastic. I had the heat gun on low and it took me 10 minutes to heat up and slowly pry off.

1 week later
#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from Picspins:

I installed the Cliffy set. Pretty easy install. Make sure you have torx screwdrivers and metric nut drivers. I used a set of Milwaukee torx that were long and thin, they really helped out when loosening the ball trough to install the Cliffy there. I removed the screws on the target right of the scoop and that made it easy to remove the old protector and install the new one. I felt it was easier to remove the left ramp wire form and bowling ball return plastic together. Remove the screws that hold down the wood rails and slide in the shooter lane protectors. I’ll add pictures and hopefully they will help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures. I have an order placed for some Cliffy's and this will be helpful.

2 weeks later
#3349 2 years ago

Curious if anyone wise has experienced or solved this issue.

When I first received the game my flippers were very sensitive, I could do light taps, tap passes ect by quickly or partially hitting the flipper buttons. This allowed my more ball control than only being limited to full power button presses. Over time that ability has gone away and now I feel like I’m mashing the flipper buttons and they aren’t as responsive as they used to be. I’ve talked with Rens about this several times and he has tried to help but we have yet to understand the cause or find a solution.

I replaced the coil stops which had an immediate effect on my gameplay and power but not responsiveness. I just replaced the cabinet buttons last night and no difference. Optos seem fine, everything else appears in place.

How do I get back that sensitivity and responsiveness I had in the beginning?

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you check the plugs from where the cabinet switches go to the boards?

Yes. All connections appear solid.

Quoted from mac2444:

I actually had the opposite opinion when I got my machine, I found them too sensitive. I kept getting full flips with very little pressure on the buttons and this made it really hard to switch between machines with any consistency.
In any case, I resolved this buy actually taking a small amount of material off the post on the inside of the flipper buttons. This allowed me a slightly longer push of the button before the "flip" and made it feel much more like other machines I've played. Maybe you can to the opposite? Add a small dab of epoxy to the tip of the button so it'll close the opto a little sooner? Obviously this wouldn't explain why your machine's feel has changed but maybe it'll help going forward. If it doesn't help, you can just file it back to where it was with no harm done.

I like your thinking. I ended up changing flipper buttons just to check and I think the new ones are a bit shorter which makes them even less responsive. I think we are on the right track!

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Quick note for folks - I took off the upper playfield last night (I have a new model so pretty straightforward vs the older models where you had to mess with the car) and would strongly recommend to just take off the back of the playfield (5 screws) - makes it 1000x easier since some of the cables attached to the upper are tight and tucked right up against that back wall. I managed to get it out with the back wall on and realized how much easier it would have been if I had just pulled off the back in the first place.

I figured that out as well and asked that they add that information to the manual as it’s such a time saver. I’m assuming that didn’t happen? If not, it should be added.

1 month later
#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I am FINALLY a part of this club! I wanted to own this game since it was revealed, and never thought I'd have the chance. I am beyond stoked!
Game is well build, high quality parts, sturdy, heavy, solid. There were not issues or problems beyond a "bend this" here and a "lift that" there. Game plays as it should. The sound is amazing, the gameplay is impressive, the variation of shots and things you can do is great!
Dutch Pinball really hit a home run here. I can't wait to see the finished code. If Dutch makes another game, I'll absolutely be interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

1 week later
#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I put mine in dry, pushed the playfield to one side for the install and used a pinblade protector as soon as it was in. then slid the playfield to the other side for the second one. It's tight but they went in ok.
Used these protectors: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
Good luck with round two!

Pinball Life should advertise these better as I still see posts all the time about ripping the side art on machines. I did that once on my Hobbit as I wasn't aware these existed and it has never happened again. Why risk it? Spend the $35.

1 month later
#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Been testing a new beta release 1.00 software. Programmer Koen is really bringing TBL together . This ofcourse with the help of people making the video and audio assets. New callouts from the Stranger have been recorded .
Small teaser of the start of the Final wizzard. Music during wizzard to be changed.
Slowly but surely progress is made

Great work. Can't wait to see the new update! I've only ever gotten 3 modes qualified in a single game. I agree. It’d be Awesome to have a multiball or mini wizard mode for for each mode completed (JJP POTC) so there are rewards accessible for each step we take towards the final wizard mode.

#3662 1 year ago

Unsolicited feedback (which everyone loves...)
It'd be great if the code was a little deeper. Collecting 100 spinner spins gives you "Bunny Multiball" or a combination of X spins, Y ramps and Z pops gives you "Jackie Treehorn's Mansion Multiball" or whatever.
Just something else so there's more to shoot for at times.

I concur. Some timed hurry ups, different recognized combos ( dude ramp to Jesus, dude ramp to Jesus to mpf loop. etc) loop champion, maybe a reward for perfect bowling game (all characters awarded on first bowling ball thrown).

Possibilities are endless with this game. Love to hear some ideas from the rest of the owners or soon to be owners.

1 week later
#3710 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Just finished my Lebowski launch button mod. If anyone wants one, I'm probably going to do a short run of 20 of the dude's ball. Just hit me up.
[quoted image]
Edit: Was thinking 45 shipped in the us, as a fully assembled button.

Great work. PM Sent

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That doesn’t seem right at all that the ball pushes the held flipper back down. Something is wrong about that. Even if the force is too high from the VUK. FYI I believe you can adjust all kick strengths in the menu.

That is odd. It's like the flipper has no hold strength. It shouldn't matter how hard the ball is coming back at you.

insight75 Send an email to [email protected]

1 week later
#3749 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

This launcher mod is sweet! Thanks Mneubey!
[quoted image]

That's dope! I think mine is coming in today as well. Great mod!

1 week later
#3837 1 year ago

TS4 shoots like butter and is a fun game. It is no way comparable to the theme integration and craftsmanship that went into TBL. I’ve owned all JJP games for a time and do not regret getting rid of a few to change the lineup. JJP code is pretty incredible from the onset (for most releases). The code update for TBL will put this already awesome game into another league entirely.

I’m really hoping Dutch has another game in the pipeline after 1.0. If it shows a modicum of the passion that went into TBL, we will be in for a treat. Let’s get a second line going! TBL and Matrix? TBL and ? I’m in for whatever is next.

Go Dutch!

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

didn't they just come out with Queen

Seriously?? That’s Pinball Brothers, the makers of Alien.

3 weeks later
#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I've got a couple different scripts for the music. One just randomizes the songs automatically at boot (you cannot randomize them in game because they are loaded at startup) and another is a music menu (that only works in the old OS - and you need to have a keyboard connected). The new OS uses Arch Linux and doesn't include a desktop environment. I'm going to hold off on doing anything else until the new code comes out. I think the way to go might be to just have a script automatically load whatever music happens to be on a plugged in USB drive at boot, and have it keep what was there before if one isn't plugged in, with a USB extension cable from the backbox to the coin door for convenience.
[quoted image]

I wish i had your skill set. I have the original script instructions you provided me but no idea how to use it. I just have a few different playlists to alternate every few weeks or so but the number of songs stays the same. I think we are spoiled, but I’m okay with it.

2 weeks later
#3959 1 year ago

I do wish I could stack multiballs with modes.

I absolutely wish you could stack

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

doesn't break up the flow of LOTR. Short term major objectives are critical in programming. Rewards the player in steps. Grinding out all the modes for no big conclusion is not a reward. It's chopping wood. Working your ass off spelling bowling 5 times is a lot of work. Just to get ball completed with no bonus, is a lot of work. Completing all 3 car modes with no resolution except a lit insert at the bottom, is very unsatisfying. If you take a look how other recent games are made. You will see special things and modes offered for completing series of objectives. Breaks up the repetitive nature of games. Like iron maiden. Complete all 5 modes, you start 5 min to midnight. Get all the pyramids and able to start cyborg multiball. When you play, you shoot for one of those mini wizard objectives. Because 99% of the time, you are never getting to the ending which is number of the beast. But you can mix it up. Like go for different ones. That's what stops a game from feeling repetitive.
with TBL it starts with the same chop wood every game. Grind out the balls, Grind out the characters, grind out the modes. Same setup, same routine.

Very well put. Imagine JJP pirates without mini wizard modes? As simple as they are they are still milestones to accomplish and give meaning and value to all the work you put in before it. I love TBL but having some reward for completing each of the objectives would add allot of replayability and feeling of accomplishment for all your hard work.

Looking forward to what’s coming in the mew code release regardless.

#3969 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pleased to inform you that progress on software rel 1.00 is made, a lot of reported bugs have been solved and that, at the moment, a very realistic timeframe of October is thought of

That is incredible news! October 1st at 7 am! You heard it here first!!

Seriously, super psyched to see the new code!

2 weeks later
#4020 1 year ago

So psyched for this! Might have to fake an injury to get off work and play TBL!

Reading the changelog it states:

"Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling character on Shabbos (Saturday)".... Now I know what I'm doing every Saturday from here on out.

Thanks Rens and Dutch. Can't wait to see what Dutch Pinball does next.

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Fuck it...just ordered one! Hoping to get in 2023 by xmas!

About time! It'll be worth the wait.

#4074 1 year ago

Absolutely sick gentleman!! Well done!! I’m sure I’ve just scratched the surface in my 4 games but love what I’m seeing so far. The add a balll/character is genius and I never knew how necessary it was. Really opens up the game.

Would you consider the code complete now with the 1.0 (minus bug fixes, if any)? What’s next for Dutch Pinball??

#4124 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Rensh, how do you cancel character multiball when the ball goes in the saucer and you want to collect more ? Thought had to try to avoid in order to collect more before starting?

Hit the launch button. You have to be collecting over the line or something else at the same time to cancel.

#4162 1 year ago

So happy I stayed up to play one last game tonight! More than doubled my previous high score (before update) and was one rug mode away from The Dude Abides!

Incredible job done here Dutch family. Truly remarkable!

F24AB37A-D199-4238-AECD-93EED71D0DF8 (resized).jpegF24AB37A-D199-4238-AECD-93EED71D0DF8 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4168 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'm currently testing my music menu script with updates for the 1.0 code. So far, so good. It works with either the old or new linux OS, and supports up to 10 different song mixes. And if all you want to do is replace the stock music with the original artist versions it should simplify that process where you can just plug a keyboard and USB thumb drive into the PC in the backbox and type a couple commands. If you are technical enough to copy files onto a USB drive you should be good.
Once it is ready, I'll be keeping the script and the music files as separate downloads. The music will be password protected and made available if you confirm that you legally own it.[quoted image]

Thanks for all you do for the community. I was going try and wing it myself based on some of your instructions but I’ll just wait until you’re ready to share. Should be easier and safer that way.

#4194 1 year ago

It's customizable and there are several configurations to choose from. I chose option 6 I believe, which is the closest to LCD imo.

I’m on 11, but 6 looks pretty damn similar as well

1 week later
#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is my commercial with the Sam Elliott voice. Think it sounds very close like the pinball machine.

It does sound very close! And now I have a greater understanding of your screen name. I also need a belt!

#4342 1 year ago

I’m getting random crackling/static from the speakers. I can reset and it will disappear for awhile. No loose connectors on the speakers. Any one else experience or have a fix for this?

2 weeks later
#4417 1 year ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Hello all. Wow seems like I have been reading this thread for weeks there is a lot of great information here as always. Placed an order with CT end of October and am a huge fan of this movie and pin. I already have a list going for mods and must have items very excited to get this NIB pin #4 in the man cave. Anyone have a clue what my wait time might be? Melissa said probably this summer but I would be thrilled to see it this time 2023. Just wondering what other people are experiencing.

12-13 months

2 weeks later
#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed. My first interaction with Cointaker.

Quoted from cconway84:

I paid for mine in July. Not real happy about the lack of communication.

This is par for the course unfortunately. It’s incredibly frustrating and not a unique experience. You will get your product but you will not get good correspondence. I recommend calling Melissa if you want an answer to anything.

2 weeks later
#4659 1 year ago

Absolutely awesome! You guys could teach a master class on coding and game support.

Well done Dutch!

#4751 1 year ago
Quoted from adamjx:

I have a new TBL and just started experiencing a dead right flipper. If I pull up the playfield and power it up, the right flipper works fine...drop the playfield and it goes dead again. I don't see anything out of place or obvious. Any ideas?

You need to raise up your lockbar receiver. Your bowling alley frame is pushing up against the circuit board on the playfield. Raise that up as high as you can go. Then open the coin door and make sure you can at least slide a piece of paper between the top bend of the bowling alley return and the circuit board beneath the playfield.

This is also detailed in the troubleshooting guide

1 week later
#4902 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

+1 - have the same issue. Any tips welcome. Thank you.

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

My pin was built 8/31/2022 and I have seen no signs of pooling. I just added some number 8 washers for a bit of protection. Might switch them out to the Titan silicone washers if I get around to ordering them. I would still order a new TBL again without a second thought even if there was some pooling, This pin is too good and too well built to let that prevent me from having on. Plus Dutch Pinball’s support has been outstanding to very transparent, very large thanks to Rensh.
For comparison I have a Rush that I am afraid to play out of fear of burning up another #10 node board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

You have to iron them back down. That is the only way to stop the spread. As others have stated take your time, work slowly, and be careful of leaving your iron on too long as it will get too hot eventually. I've done my Alien, GNR, Wonka, Pirates...All worked out very nicely once ironed and covered. You can use mylar rings or get some of the carbon rings from Cliffy. Ironing is 100% necessary.

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is Alien another Mirco playfield?

No. It’s the indestructible buthamburg playfields.

#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Checking that box, April 2022 delivery
[quoted image]

I already own the iron if you don't want to buy one. Just let me know. Sorry to hear this.

1 week later
#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Finally joined TBL club this week
It's been a long time coming after following the initial launch to finally owning a game .
I was wondering is there any code modification out there to include the original songs ?? I really like the instrumental version but kinda feel it lacks not having the original soundtrack ...
Cheers fellow dudes

If you have an older game (year old or so) It's pretty easy to do yourself. You need to record the songs in wav and upload them to the games computer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537912

Otherwise a member here sells a cloned hardrive with songs already loaded. I did it the hard way...Welcome to the club!

#5012 1 year ago

I just finished putting silicone spacers down for all the stars and post. Very little to notice around the slings, unfortunately there was pooling and a chip up in the bumper areas. My playfield is stamped july 15th 2022
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Iron those spots down and you should be fine, won't be able to notice it. That's the trick...If you catch it early enough and reseal it, you shouldn't really have a problem. I know that's not as good as never having the problem to begin with, but after having many games where this happened, I learned that if I take care of it correctly it doesn't get worse and you won't even notice it happened. If you leave an area that is pooling and don't address it, it will chip...eventually.

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

New to the club yesterday after more than a year wait! I didnt check for any pooling issues yet, but did have a few minor issues.
Ive only read through a few pages here so far. Was anyone else's new machine really really dirty? Mine had a massive layer of dust on it towards the head of the machine, on top of and under the glass. Have never seen anything like that on a NIB machine. Other than that I have a disappointing crack in the head. Looks like I can probably glue it and clamp it, but doesnt look like it will level out perfectly unless anyone has any repair suggestions. Other than that, I just had to track down a connection that came unplugged to the coin door to get it up and running.
Plays great![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would not be okay with that. Reach out to Dutch and Melissa to see what your options are. After my last couple NIB purchases I’ve taken the box off of every machine before signing off on it. It’s just too much of a risk otherwise. I’m sure you will be taken care of!

1 month later
#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I don’t have my game yet, but speaking of Shabbas . If you go bowling during that time of the week do you get special Walter callouts berating you for doing so or telling you not to?

Without giving anything away…yes…yes he does.

1 week later
#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Fun fact to know perhaps: a TBL consist of approx 2650 parts. Of those 2650 nuts and screws annd washers add up to like 1750 parts.
Do note however that for instance a flipper assy which is bought as complete assembly counts as just 1 part. Like also the coindoor assy.
A cable assy is also counted as 1 part. So we don’t count each wire and connector end.

Rensh how many parts are on Game #2? All of these games dropping right now I wish we had a hint from Dutch Pinball about what was coming next. We need a new game tease from the team at Dutch Pinball.....no pressure...

1 week later
#5337 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Well I took the game apart to see the extent of the pooling and didn’t want to put it back together until I heard from DP. I’m also worried more game play equals more damage. It’s been two months with no reply, so I’m not convinced DP will make it right. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it is getting frustrating. I have seen people recommending irons or washers, but don’t feel comfortable with the former and my experience with the later is it just pushes the pooling out further until it eventually chips. I’ve had this happen with multiple Mirco playfields and why I won’t buy JJP until I feel it is fixed.

Ironing works. I've had to do it on Pirates, Wonka, GNR, ALien...It works. Ideally if you catch it in time you'll never know it happened. Unfortunately, once you've experienced these issues you start to look for them on future games (at least I do). I wasn't comfortable doing any of it. I still get mad having to fix new games (which is every single game I buy), but that is our hobby. Like everyone else said, Iron it out and put some mylar and washers over it. If you've caught it in time you can cover the whole area without being bothered again. Just keep an eye on other posts as it may happen in other areas as well.

Enjoy your game. Do your part to stop it from spreading and get you a new playfield. Most owners aren't confident enough to a do a playfield swap to begin with. It will just sit in the box next to the game until it gets sold.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Good to know. Not ideal but better than disconnecting for a quick adjustment.

If you lay it face down, the channel on the bottom of the backglass will slide right into the slot at the top where the glass meets the cabinet. It holds it there securely and won't slide off.

1 month later
#5588 1 year ago

Does anyone know of an alternative source for the Left Ramp Clip? I tried to order from cpr9999 website but there is no option to buy, I attempted DM’s a few times but have not received any response.

Also on thingiverse if you want to print one yourself.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4920822

2 weeks later
#5626 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October
Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands
Have already booked the hotel but not the flight yet.
Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).
Will not come alone, some friends have plans as well as Barry Driessen.
Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.

Nice! Look forward to meeting you in person. If the pinball Olympics are going on this year, you need to be a part of that. Think it was only 100 tickets so need to hop on when it comes up. You can also visit Enterium in Schaumburg for a good food/pinball experience. Galloping Ghost arcade is cool. Tons of good stuff to do. The olympics will be the game changer though if you are able.

#5640 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Getting ahead of myself posting on the owners forum, but I’m beyond frustrated.
Question - are we seeing any new deliveries lately? Spoke to Melissa of Cointaker at Pinfest this week. Paid my TBL invoice 110 days ago and still being told “it should be on the dock soon.” Friday she told me Dutch had a missing part and hasn’t been shipping, but the part “just came in” and they should be shipping soon.
With all respect, I’ve grown tired of the excuses and the lack of basic communication from a company holding $13K of my money. I’ve worked with and purchased from multiple distributors - I’ve never been treated this poorly.
So, my question is Rensh (or anyone) is any of this true? Are deliveries happening or has DP shut down and stopped shipping based on parts issues?

You can go back 2 years on this thread (or longer) and read the same complaints and situations playing out. It’s Cointaker. It’s always been Cointaker. Not Dutch’s fault that they ask for money and then choose to ignore their customers. That’s how CT operates. Your not unique, not was I. It’s how they run their business. What I don’t understand is why Dutch or PB continue to use them as a sole distributor.

3 weeks later
#5765 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Finally made it into the club, after a 16 month wait!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
So far only issue is a sometimes sticky "E" switch roller-over in the Maude shot, which should be able to be taken care of easily.
April 2023 build, so it has the new art playfield, along with the newer board in the back box that allows for the easy addition of mods.
Loving this so far!

Welcome aboard! It's worth the wait for sure! Not all pins are. I've never regretted my TBL purchase.

1 month later
#5875 9 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Hopefully less a few weeks out on my TBL. What’s the thoughts on PinStadiums for TBL? I have them on all my other machines and love them.

Totally unnecessary. It’s a very well lit game. Never once thought about pin stadiums on TBL.

4 weeks later
#5906 8 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I have a few new mods I’m not going to be installing. If anyone is interested please send me a message. Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pm sent!

1 month later
#6102 6 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

my wonka is too tight on the left side, so i have to half lift and then slide the protector in. then im good. such a pain

Wonka was horrible. Tightest fitting playfield I ever had.

4 weeks later
#6206 5 months ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Looks like Cointaker dropped TBL to $13k. What does that mean for everyone that paid 13.5 still waiting?

That’s what they agreed to pay, correct? Why would you expect any type of compensation after the fact? I certainly wouldn’t.

#6214 5 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

You guys got room in here for a new guy?

Plenty of room! Welcome to the owners thread!

#6239 5 months ago

Finally added my precision flippers on my game and what a difference, both aesthetically and in function. Also received Vimtoman TBL button mod today and installed that as well. Super simple and gorgeous mod as expected.

IMG_4330 (resized).jpegIMG_4330 (resized).jpegIMG_4331 (resized).jpegIMG_4331 (resized).jpegIMG_4339 (resized).jpegIMG_4339 (resized).jpegIMG_4356 (resized).jpegIMG_4356 (resized).jpeg
#6242 5 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

How did the precision help on the upper playfield light bowling shot?

Shot feels much easier to hit when you roll of the edge of the flipper, more powerful, more consistent.

Had to lower the power to the bottom flippers quite a bit for as the difference was quite noticeable. I was ricocheting off the targets, flying up the ramps etc. Lowered them both by 4 I think and they still seem to hit harder but not to the point where I might damage something.

I had already but a pair of these on my JJP POTC and it was a game changer but it’s been awhile since I’ve experienced that before and after on a new game. It’s absolutely worth the investment (in my opinion) and looks pretty damn good as well.

#6255 5 months ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Also wondering about animated launch button installation.

Its super easy. Just uninstall the original launch button, install the new, there is a new board that attaches inside the cabinet near the left flipper, then a single cable that connects to the the ball launch switch on the playfield. Took less than 5 minutes.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Did you also install the Link Arm Keyed Shaft Clamp System?

No. I did not. I just purchase the metal pushings

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What is the difference between the 2 precision flippers? There appear to be a solid and a hollow version (the one you apparently installed?)….and which did you use on your POTC?

I have always used the hollow version, first on POTC, Lebowski and now on Godfather (installed last night). They work the same, I just prefer the look of the halographic version.

If you do end up purchasing a set for Lebowski, you don't need 3 metal bushings, just 2. With the upper flipper the metal bushing won't have the same effect/importance as it does on the lowers so isn't necessary. This was the advice I received from the manufacturer.

#6257 5 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

Would you mind sharing exactly what parts you ordered for the 3 precision flippers? I have never ordered a set but basically want this same set up for my tbl when it arrives.
I’m also unsure on the size of the upper flipper
Thanks
Scott.

Happy to help. See the attached image. Then of course you need some orange titans to finish off the set, but that is up to you of course...

TBL order form (resized).PNGTBL order form (resized).PNG
1 week later
#6292 5 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Billygrippo A set of these will cure your sluggish flipper issues.
[quoted image]

I know a guy… simply gorgeous…

IMG_4339 (resized).jpegIMG_4339 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#6460 4 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Thanks for all the pictures! So the "remote" talked about in the description is just the white remote that is connected to the wire to let you change colors? And then the power supply just connects to any outlet? The topper is not interactive or connected to the game in any way?
Thanks for verification.

Not connected in anyway. Doesn't plug in nor interact. You need to power from the wall outlet or run a cable from the outlet in the cabinet and plug in from there.

1 week later
#6530 4 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

Boy I sure missed that one. Why is asking that question about the power switch which I wondered myself a dick question. Tough crowd

It’s not a dick question, just a dick response by @punkin. Lets see if he owns it…

2 weeks later
#6614 3 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Well dudes - I feel like it has been long enough…seems like cpr9999 is MIA (hope he is OK).
That said, I am going to give the Doobie Mod 2.0 a shot. I should have something to show in a few weeks. My good friend also has a wood shop, so we are looking to have a physical wood ashtray that is laser etched and maybe a little more realistic fire on the end of the doobie!
More to come. Happy New Year!

Great news! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I was disappointed with the look of mine when it received it in person. Glad someone is picking up the mantle!

#6641 3 months ago

Quoted from stumblor:

No probs, I'm open to that
I actually mocked something up the other day after the initial posts. Instead of replacing the entire building (which is really nice quality folded sheet metal, not to mention a pain to remove) I thought of instead just replacing the roof itself, and having all the sign pieces attached to that. Each 'sign' will be made up of 3 parts, from back to front, the LED PCB, then an acrylic piece, then the resin 'neon' piece. The acrylic piece is there to provide a base colour (in the case of the 'star') but also a baffle to block light bleed to certain areas, in the case of the inside of the lettering, which you want to appear dark.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
All RGB, animated etc, triggered probably from those two car targets. The reason for the acrylic baffling is that I was trying to get an effect similar to the Pulp Fiction Topper neon lettering, which is really really well done.
[quoted image]
Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea where my head is at. Fire away!

I think this is an excellent approach for all involved. The roof is only a few screws to remove and easy access. I like what I see so far! Of course I wanted the spinning bowl sign that was intended on the original mod (if we are dreaming of features). I’m in regardless.

#6716 3 months ago

This is awesome. I need to do this ASAP.

#6736 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Folks...
What size nut would i need for the bolts that hold the rug switch in place? I dropped one and can't find it.
Can someone link me the correct pinball life product listing for the flipper bushings? i just checked my upper flipper and it was shot.

If you have a 3d printer nearby:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5568452

#6749 3 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#6861 80 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

At the risk of being ostracized and attacked once again, have a look at Precision Flippers.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I haven’t adjusted anything on my game. I have noticed that I have to hit the ball pretty much at the very end of the flipper to hit that shot.

Both of these things are true. I have precision flippers on all my modern games minus Haggis and the Dutch upper playfield was the most immediate change to me. Still had to roll off the edge of the flipper but you can nail that shot now with much more force and it’s easily repeatable with precision flippers. Halos for the win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.