IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Wtf is this. This looks completely differnt[quoted image]

Does anyone else think it is crazy that this machine has two power supplies adding up to 1050 Watts? It can't be using anywhere near that.

I'm only a lebowski lurker, and can only dream of owning one, but I would highly recommend that someone captures the BIOS settings of that ITX motherboard and create an image of that solid state drive. Years from now it's going to be a challenge replacing that motherboard or SSD if they ever die. Has anyone checked what operating system this machine is booting?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How would one go about doing that?

You would boot another Linux pc and clone this ssd to another disk, making sure to do a full clone including all partitions and boot sector.

More importantly if I were a lewbowski owner, I would buy another itx motherboard of the same generation of intel atom SOC (J1900) to put in storage. The problem is going to be 5 to 10 years from now when this board dies or has issues, you’re going to need to replace it with something that is compatible with the Linux kernel used by Dutch pinball for the system OS. It’s possible you could replace the kernel with a version with newer hardware support, but that would certainly be more risky. Right now there is a replacement board on eBay that is an exact match, but it’s basically becoming unobtanium already. Just food for though for those who are thinking long term. Considering you can get one of these boards for less than $100 right now, it seems likely a worthwhile insurance policy. Of course if Dutch pinball sticks around and provides support then this issue might be moot.....

Edit: pretty sure this is only board available anywhere:

ebay.com link: ASRock q1900 itx Intel Celeron Quad Core j1900 Mini ITX Motherboard HDMI usb3

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you search (which I have) you can find them no problem.

Are you sure? The one I eBay sold already since I posted it, and I can’t find it anywhere, at least not the ITX version.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There's a bunch on Ali Express, and I agree with the above, it's probably best to gather some spare parts for this game.

Yeah this is a board that has already been out of production for two years. Seems like a smart insurance policy to get another one for less than $100.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can you check what's the video port used on the motherboard is it HDMI or DVI
In the first picture below, DVI on the left, HDMI on the right
Also check if there is any card plugged in the mini pci-e port, second picture below shows the empty port on the board
And check how many ram slots are used (there's 2 slots black with a white plastic piece on each end)[quoted image][quoted image]

From the photos posted earlier, they used the vga port for video, two usb outputs, and both ram slots. Nothing in the pcie or m.2 slot.

2 weeks later
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All,
I may be able obtain a few Cooler Master G550M power supplies.
Is anyone interested in having a backup. Approximately $50 plus shipping.
PM me if interested.
Thx
SOLD out.....

Why would you need to match the power supply exactly? Isn’t this just a standard PC power supply?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cheap insurance with identical replacement.
Also the plug in ports are not identical to other manufacturers PSU.
You might be able to buy a more expensive Cooler Master model that is still in production?
Also to sd_tom - I thought of this as well. I am hoping they do have an update so we can purchase; however, who knows if they make these additional 200+ machines? I am hoping they do so we have replacement parts potentially.
Also ASROCK makes sister boards to q1900-itx . Like the q1900m, q1900b etc. one of these I am sure will work. I plan on figuring that out since they no longer make the q1900. Clone hard drive, plug in new board and cpu to see what happens....
In meantime, hoping DP has already done this and can give us this path forward. Hoping.....

Motherboard support is going to be based on the Linux kernel version used by DP in these builds. Any hardware ( cpu / chipsets etc ) that is a newer generation likely won’t work 100%. It’s possible that updates can be made to the Ubuntu build used, but that is highly dependent on how customized of a build DP used. Has anyone tried to boot this with an external monitor attached? I’m guessing the OS is locked with a root password.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

there already is an external monitor attached, the LCD display. if you have keyboard attached and hit escape a bunch of times as its booting up you will get the ubuntu desktop. and can navigate around. i seem to recall whatever password was there was easily guessable.. but that was 2 years ago i was playing around and forgot.

That’s a good sign. If you can access the desktop then it’s possible to upgrade the kernel or ubuntu distro to support newer hardware. Hopefully you can remember that password.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks for this! Feels silly to kill the crash reporting app but this is exactly the issue we were running into. In our case, it turns out the gnome keyring daemon crashed yesterday. Nothing that affects gameplay, but ubuntu did its job and let the user - in this case the player - know by way of blocking a good chunk of the display that there was a crash log to investigate.
The article above suggests disabling the reporting app "Apport" all together and since we made that change the game has been running with no further issues. (This pop up was repeatable and would come back every 5 minutes).
We also took the opportunity to grab a full disk image of the SSD as a backup and poked around in the ubuntu install. Fairly default build and as such I would be leery of connecting this machine to wifi since the passwords are all over the internet.[quoted image]

Definitely make sure ubuntu auto-updates are off before connecting it to the internet. I would imagine that some updates might break functionality depending on how DP built this.

10 months later
#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just joined the club today!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When did you place your preorder?

1 month later
#1476 3 years ago

Has anyone created an ISO or disk image of the drive for backup purposes?

#1478 3 years ago

Come on? I asked about an iso or disk image, not a spare hard drive. This is something that anyone could send electronically and build their own disk replacement. Completely different things.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

sure.. but prob wouldn't share it.. unknown what serial number type info is on there that could be a problem later if they ever get serious about online play again. maybe everything is mac address based, dunno.

Understood. I’m fairly proficient at Linux so I’m hoping to see if I can upgrade the kernel so that we aren’t all bound to these six year old motherboards for repair. I’ll wait until my machine arrives and clone the drive.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

DP already has a Linux expert looking into this. No pressure however as they still have sufficient old motherboards at the moment for the coming months. But confident this will be taken care of by DP.
I made once an image when I hooked up the SSD via USB to a windows Pc and made an image in which sector copy was used. Have no experience with Linux so no idea if this will truely work. Am confident however that DP will help if needed plus I have a spare SSD which was flashed by DP. So should be save.

Understood. They can preserve the same distro/build and upgrade the kernel. Intel has continue the same embedded Celeron Lineup, as there is a J3, J4, and now a J5 series all in the same form factor.

When my machine arrives I should be able to figure this out relatively quickly.

3 weeks later
#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Got one bought and paid for. Just waiting on the word from CT.

I'm in the same boat. Paid in full about 7 weeks ago and still no word about shipping.

It seems hard to believe that there are 4 of these going out every week.

#1542 3 years ago

That doesn't explain why they are collecting payments in full when claiming that they are taking payments only when games are ready to ship.

#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Mine was more like 12-14 weeks between payment to CT and getting my TBL.

So I guess I'm getting mine in 2021.....

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

CT needs to explain - they know.
Either....
1. CT is just getting cash on the books sooner by a month or 2.
Or
2. DP is giving bad build/delivery dates.
Or
Both.
I hear great increasing production numbers....then I hear part shortages, Covid and moving locations, etc. At this pace I feel bad for EA buyers as it will be many many months or years !

Not sure how CT is getting a pass on this. They claim to take payment when the machine is ready to ship ( DP is sending games to CT first, NOT to customers directly ). They should not be taking the money from customers with the promise that they'll have it soon and then ship it.

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I just got mine about a month ago. Direct from DP.

How many weeks after full payment?

#1563 3 years ago

What's most amazing about this whole system is that there are absolutely no updates coming from either Cointaker or DP. You'd think if they had $12,500 of your money held in ransom they would be a bit more forthcoming about updates. If you don't proactively keep reaching out to Cointaker there is no communication whatsoever.

1 month later
#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Contemplating joining the club, if you order from Cointaker does it come with the Laseriffic topper or that’s ordered separately?

No but it comes with plenty of waiting, grief, and poor communication.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Received my Big Lebowski today. I just want to give a shout out to Barry @ DP for fantastic support. I'm very happy I was able to buy from DP without a deposit, and only paying when the machine was ready to ship. Kudos to Dutch Pinball!

Good to see at least someone is getting a game at this point.

2 weeks later
#1688 3 years ago

Mod 1; A,B,B for me. Looks great

#1693 3 years ago

New TBL owner here. I've done some research on an insurance policy for the ATX Power Supply in the machine. ATX power supplies are pretty commodity and not rocket science, but there are some things here that can make it really difficult to replace years from now ( beyond the fact that the G550M has long been discontinued ). The G550M used 4 x 5 Pin modular SATA power output connectors for peripherals. This is unique to Cooler Master, and furthermore Cooler Master is not using this pin layout on all of their PSU's. In most of their lineup now, they are only using 3 of these 5pin connectors. Only on the 750W and up on the MWE series do they have the correct layout.

In any case, I've found a drop in replacement that is slightly bigger in dimensions ( by 10m in LxW ) but shouldn't matter due to the top down ATX mounting used. It's has 4 of the 5pin peripheral connectors, so it will be an easy drop in and use the existing cables.

Just an FYI if someone wants to snatch one up . ($110 on Amazon )

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Efficiency-Connectors-Semi-fanless/dp/B08M9LDLXH/ref=sr_1_1

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.50.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.50.05 AM (resized).png
1 week later
#1712 3 years ago

Looking at the specs of this PSU (G550M), the max draw off the 12V rail is 504W. You should have no issues splitting this all day with 12V mods.

2 months later
#1880 3 years ago

Is anyone else bothered by the vertical tearing on the movie clips? It seems like they are not synced with the screen refresh rate.

2 weeks later
#1921 3 years ago

Anyone tried the new code update? Looks like tons of fixes and code improvements. Looking forward to hearing everyones feedback.

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Can’t get my machine to take the .55 code. Dowloaded it three different times and used three different USB drives (2.0 and 3.0) and no dice. Dropped the whole unopened folder into the drives which have no other updates or other files on it, using the USB port in front like advised which usually connects to the sound board. Upgrading from .51 and using a Mac. I have updated tons of game in the past and this has me stumped. I press the button to update from the USB prompt and it says “reading USB” for a millisecond and then...nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

What file system format are you using? Did you use disk utility to format the usb drives before copying the zip over?

3 weeks later
#2121 2 years ago

I might be crazy, but after doing the code update on my machine the behavior of multi-ball has changed. With two characters ready, I still only get a 2 ball multi-ball, but in the past it was 3 ball multi-ball ( ball in play +1 ball for each character). Am I crazy?

2 months later
#2414 2 years ago

Does it make sense to remove the subway and polish/sand it a bit to make sure there are no rough edges? Or is mylar preferred?

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All slow blow. It says this also on the silkscreen on the big pcb close to the fuses.

Does anyone sell a replacement set?

#2455 2 years ago

The shipping from pinball life is almost as much as the entire set from amazon. Is okay to use those chinesium made fuses or are they much lower quality than a real manufacturer?

1 month later
#2667 2 years ago

And me

1 week later
#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If anyone is looking to trade out their Lebowski, I have a stunning restored Williams IJ as trade bait

Any reasonable collector would have both already

1 month later
#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I know this post is about a month old, but I am still making my way through it, reading from page 1.
I am chiming in to say that even with my new build, I have a TON of airballs off of the two white lock/light targets on either side of the dude ramp. Super annoying how often the ball gets stuck in the actual bowling ball return trough accessory on the left of the playfield. It's painfully ironic lol.
I did turn down flipper power two notches but it still happens often enough. Happened again last night.

Did you try adjusting the lower playfield window? A final adjustment on that eliminated 98% of my air balls.

2 weeks later
#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If my motherboard ever dies:
Plan A - Repair it since it will probably be bad caps.
Plan B - Replace it with a cheap ITX board and processor and see what happens. Chances are it could be made to work with some tinkering.

I'm not concerned about this. Your plan A might not be feasible. A bad component on a dense multilayer ITX board with mostly surface mounted parts is going to be risky to fix.

Plan B can be accomplished by anyone with moderate linux skills. Need to figure out the kernel version of the linux distro used in the TBL firmware, and then replace it with supported hardware. Most likely any intel chip from that generation will be supported. Also it might be possible to upgrade the kernel and support newer ITX hardware without much work. Just need to make sure the ports on the on board are all present on the new one. Maybe a config file change or two to get the outputs correct.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey dudes! So I have not played my TBL much and finally getting into it. However, I get a TON of airballs off the Left (Dude) ramp? The shield towards the top seems to not be doing much... almost like it needs to be extended farther. I mean I am getting balls launching themself into the back corner and getting stuck. I tried turning down the flipper power... Any idea or help would be really appreciated... if this continues my payfiled will be a dimple heaven. Rensh and ideas? Cheers!

I had the same issue and adjusting the lower playfield window fixed this 99% of the time for me.

1 month later
#3168 2 years ago

Any differences or improvements with the new linux version?

2 months later
#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…what about using a rubber ring instead of a piece of tube? I already found my own solution, but maybe that‘s worth a try too.

Wouldn’t rubber or some similar elastic material actually be better as it will absorb some of the impact compared to PLA?

2 weeks later
#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I loved the sound ... on a real bowling alley you also hear the pins resetting
But , better than broken pins for sure.

I agree. Maybe adding a plastic washer in front of the rubber will give a satisfying sound?

2 months later
#3706 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Just finished my Lebowski launch button mod. If anyone wants one, I'm probably going to do a short run of 20 of the dude's ball. Just hit me up.
[quoted image]
Edit: Was thinking 45 shipped in the us, as a fully assembled button.

Does it light up?

2 months later
#4043 1 year ago

For those at work today.... can someone post some video of the new stuff?

6 months later
#5627 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October
Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands
Have already booked the hotel but not the flight yet.
Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).
Will not come alone, some friends have plans as well as Barry Driessen.
Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.

Are there plans to announce the next DP title there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.