IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3613 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Should be here next week! Super excited! What is the consensus on the starry apron, is it worth it? Also, can it be added later?

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!
Yes, and yes!!

Excellent. Thanks! Where do you order them from? Direct from DP?

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I told Melissa (Cointaker) that I wanted the apron, she replied OK.
Then the day arrived to pay my bill and it was $600 short, so I emailed her back and she told me she forgot to include the apron in my bill / order. She fixed it on the spot and it was installed when it arrived.
I never contacted DP about the apron, just Melissa.

Just emailed her. Thanks!

#3620 1 year ago

Are all the latest machines shipping with the 0.58 code update? Are there any plans for additional code updates in the near future?

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Full code update in progress by DP. No set delivery date.

Amazing news.

#3627 1 year ago

The Dude is here…#673

07AD5814-037F-4893-A81F-EF5D65619D68 (resized).jpeg07AD5814-037F-4893-A81F-EF5D65619D68 (resized).jpegC0349FF9-AF10-47E0-B411-98945E968232 (resized).jpegC0349FF9-AF10-47E0-B411-98945E968232 (resized).jpeg
#3629 1 year ago

All set up. No major tweaks to get it up and running. One of the pins in the bowling alley was stuck (easy fix) and code needed updated from 57 to 58. Outside of that, all seems well!

B74E2A9E-FF69-4ADB-9CD0-9A71365B582A (resized).jpegB74E2A9E-FF69-4ADB-9CD0-9A71365B582A (resized).jpeg
#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, tried this out quickly with a white 5/16 inner diameter rubbers and appears to be working great.
Plastic ring will have a height of 6 mm and this is approx 5 mm. But it clearly does the job, eg making sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind it.
See video at https://photos.app.goo.gl/DTWeYnMYddY7RqCD9
No need to wait for plastic rings I guess. In fact, in volume this is even cheaper. In fact you don’t need to do the last row of 4 pcs as there is no metal rod which can hit them but I do like the shock absorbing part of the rubber.
Will talk this over with the factory but thanks for taking the factory idea to the next level [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This worked beautifully. I went to Home Depot and snagged some of these O-rings. I stacked two on each of the pins. Not only do they not hit the metal bars anymore, but it is much quieter as well. Thanks @rensh!

IMG_5227 (resized).jpgIMG_5227 (resized).jpg

#3641 1 year ago

Any pointers on how to adjust the mystery scoop so that it doesn’t throw it SDTM?

I tried adjusting the coil side to side with minimal change. I also tried adjusting the the coil strength as well…

My next thought is to try and adjust the scoop itself a little, but it doesn’t seem like there is much room to adjust?

#3643 1 year ago

Anyone need a starry apron for The Big Lebowski? I have an extra (Brand New). $600. Please DM if interested.

#3648 1 year ago

Does anyone have the wav files available for replacement that they can DM me? I have licensed versions of the songs, but this would save me a bunch of time messing with audacity (clipping, volume adjustment, etc). Really appreciated. Thanks!

#3663 1 year ago

So I got impatient (my issue) and ordered a new PSU myself from Amazon (identical PSU) and plugged it in. I am back up and running! I figure the one coming under warranty will be a backup in case this would ever happen again.

Question on music replacement. Does anyone have instructions for the newer builds? When I press esc or even ctrl + esc, it either reloads the pin application or goes to a black screen (I am unable to do anything - tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+t..nothing)

#3664 1 year ago

If I hit ctrl+alt+f6 I get the following

43D2F5E0-A33B-403D-AA70-848FEA0AADEC (resized).jpeg43D2F5E0-A33B-403D-AA70-848FEA0AADEC (resized).jpeg
#3688 1 year ago

Throwing this in here as well (posted in maintenance thread) - if nobody here knows, I will removed and get model number:

Does anyone have the model number of the newer motherboards (serial # > 500 I think)? I would like to get a backup, but haven't gotten around to removing the one in there. Thanks!

#3708 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Good question - to be clear, this one is opaque. I tried, but had no luck making it translucent with black.

Still kicks ass! Nice job!

#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just took delivery today. Just some slight adjustments and tweaks. I was getting some terrible ball hop until I loosened the front screws on the left ramp. I'm new to flippers without EOS switches. The vuk will push the right flipper down and drain. If I lower the vuk power it goes SDTM. Only way is to play baseball and hit the ball when it comes down. Not sure anything can be done about this since the adjustments indicates the hold is already turned up to max. Curious if I could buy an extra playfield window?

Playfield window is the same as the one used in CFTBL if I remember, but you may need to hunt around for it. I had the same issue with the scoop going SDTM, another member here (see troubleshooting thread) suggested putting a piece of velcro on the left inner side of the scoop. Works beautifully!

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks for the info and the suggestion for the scoop. I did something similar on my monster bash and it worked good. Will try this so I can reduce the power of that coil as it comes out airborne.

Tagged you in the other thread as well

1 week later
#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

You may have a few small issues but the support amazing. Just order it. If you decide in 12-14 months you don't want it, someone will and you won't lose money. I'm still in the honeymoon phase I will admit....but I absolutely cannot stop playing this machine. More than any other machine in my collection that I have gotten, I'm absolutely glued to it and it keeps me coming back. I keep thinking how happy I am that the stars aligned and this machine got made.....

Same thoughts. I am absolutely loving this game. Definitely some small tweaks that need to happen when you get it, but once it is running, it is probably my favorite game to date. Putting the OG music on is an absolute must, really makes it shine. The community support is also amazing and Rensh is top notch on the Dutch Pinball side.

I did have some unfortunate luck with the PSU in my pin (totally died), but the good news is that it was readily available on Amazon since I am impatient and in parallel, Rensh is working on getting me a replacement through DP.

Honestly, I spent more time getting my GB Prem dialed in then on TBL. Fantastic game, join the list and you won't regret it!

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

OG music? How do I do this?

There's some instructions here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537912

If you have a newer machine, it is a little bit tougher and you will want some linux/BASH experience. Shoot me a PM if you have that skillset and I can talk you through it.

#3748 1 year ago

This launcher mod is sweet! Thanks @mneubey!

796D322F-6085-4BC2-94B1-5870635A0A50 (resized).jpeg796D322F-6085-4BC2-94B1-5870635A0A50 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all - looks like I'm getting an error with "Bowling"
Any leads on what to do? I dont think I've triggered the bowling mode yet
Thanks[quoted image]

Trigger the bowling mode and they should go away.

2 weeks later
#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

There is a plastic deflection on Etsy you can buy so doesn’t go sdtm

I have it installed. Works great! The guy who makes them is awesome as well.

#3886 1 year ago

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/

Message him and he will get back to you

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’m late on this but found this video with custom music on his machine. I’m assuming it’s possible but is that still accurate bc that would be great.

Believe that is Rensh in the video.

Anyhow, definitely still possible and using @ksp1138’s script to randomize a playlist on boot. It is amazing.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry so it is possible to put your own music in the game like Stern games?

Yep!

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from Cinci593:

Is there a post, you can direct me to, that shows how to do this? This would be amazing

Check out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/62#post-6644270

Then start reading backwards - lots of good info here.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

What playlists are folks using for custom music? (Love the idea of randomizing playlists on startup…brilliant!)

I have started toying with some. I definitely wanted to keep music from the same era with the same vibe. Added other CCR songs to the rotation, sweet emotion, the gambler, etc.

Really easy to add once the setup is in place. The hardest part is tweaking the music in Audacity and getting the intro track to sound good. I believe the intro loop is just used after the game during the credits.

Still tweaking, but can share my setup once I have it where I like it!

#3928 1 year ago

Once 1.0 code is released, I would be happy to clone my drive with music pre-configured (as long as you have license rights of course ).

Right now I have a rotation of 21 songs. Let me know if you have other song suggestions.

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California
2. Free Bird
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. The Joker
5. Sympathy for the Devil
6. Baba O' Riley
7. John the Revelator

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. The Gambler
3. Oye Como Va
4. Fly Like an Eagle
5. Livin' on a prayer
6. Ring of Fire
7. The House of the Rising Sun

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle
2. Fortunate Son
3. Sweet Emotion
4. Don't Stop Believing
5. Pinball Wizard
6. More than a feeling
7. Hurricane

#3930 1 year ago

Just found this on Etsy - going to give it a try for a topper idea. Plugs into USB for power...all too convenient

leb1 (resized).jpgleb1 (resized).jpgleb2 (resized).jpgleb2 (resized).jpg
#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

How about Just Dropped In (To See What Condition is In)? If that was added, I would for sure be in for one.

That is already used during Character MB, otherwise would have!

2 weeks later
#3942 1 year ago

Acquired. Another piece for the topper.

3F8C82E3-624F-43C8-9F68-2BB7C7F60C09 (resized).jpeg3F8C82E3-624F-43C8-9F68-2BB7C7F60C09 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Wow - same with 1.0 - just get the news...very cool! (and my starry lit apron arrives tomorrow!)
Question if anyone knows - will the custom music mod be overwritten, or is there a way to re-apply the music? I had done the change via linux/bash

It will not be overwritten. I did the beta testing and confirmed.

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The changelog mentions new music and sounds. I would guess you would lose your custom music mod if you update. Perhaps you can re-apply once updated.

The music and sounds are different than the main areas where we insert the OG music. Most of the new music and sounds are clips within the modes, music within the dude abides, etc.

#4138 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Once 1.0 code is released, I would be happy to clone my drive with music pre-configured (as long as you have license rights of course ).
Right now I have a rotation of 21 songs. Let me know if you have other song suggestions.
==========
Hotel California
==========
1. Hotel California
2. Free Bird
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. The Joker
5. Sympathy for the Devil
6. Baba O' Riley
7. John the Revelator
=========
Oye Como Va
=========
1. Man in Me
2. The Gambler
3. Oye Como Va
4. Fly Like an Eagle
5. Livin' on a prayer
6. Ring of Fire
7. The House of the Rising Sun
===============
Run through the Jungle
===============
2. Fortunate Son
3. Sweet Emotion
4. Don't Stop Believing
5. Pinball Wizard
6. More than a feeling
7. Hurricane

Starting to get a feel for a list of people that might want this since the 1.0 code is out now. Basically would be a clone of my disk that would have the 1.0 code and the music above in place. Every time you restart the machine, it switches between the 7 songs randomly in each of the 3 categories I have listed. You need to have rights to the music

Need to price it out, but should be cheap (cost of drive, packaging). Really only looking to ship US for now.

It seems like it would help folks out that both want a backup and some good music in place.

PM me if interested.

#4198 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Starting to get a feel for a list of people that might want this since the 1.0 code is out now. Basically would be a clone of my disk that would have the 1.0 code and the music above in place. Every time you restart the machine, it switches between the 7 songs randomly in each of the 3 categories I have listed. You need to have rights to the music
Need to price it out, but should be cheap (cost of drive, packaging). Really only looking to ship US for now.
It seems like it would help folks out that both want a backup and some good music in place.
PM me if interested.

Cloned and sent out first 10 drives this morning! PM me if anyone else needs assistance and I will send another batch soon!

#4217 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Cloned and sent out first 10 drives this morning! PM me if anyone else needs assistance and I will send another batch soon!

Last few drives are going out tomorrow and then I am all caught up. Still have a few extras left if anybody is interested. Please PM for details.

#4219 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For those that were asking, the product announcement for the new Tibetan Breeze:ZEN flipper cooling system that works on Big Lebowski is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tibetan-breezezen-for-jjp-cgc-spooky-pinball-bros-flipper-cooling#post-7206913

How much are these going to cost?

#4250 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Loving this pin and the new code!
Could anyone point me in the direction of any different music choices? I realize Dutch pinball doesn’t support it, but I thought there might be someone out there that has some options for uploading some new tunes.
Thanks!

shoot me a pm - I got you.

#4311 1 year ago

^^ Echo what they said. Worth it. This and switching out the music with the originals were an absolute must for me.

#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Just wanted to give credit where it’s due, BigLebowski’s topper is bad ass. Love how you can customize it to how you want. I’m going to add either a Kaluha and Stoli bottle on the left, or the c4 1:18 vette, or the anniversary bowling bag. Not sure yet. Definitely worth the wait. [quoted image]

Where is this topper from?

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

from me
Still have material for a few more. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

PM sent

#4369 1 year ago

Made another playlist at the request of another user. Happy to distribute to others. PM for details. This playlist sticks more to the TBL theme:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band's “Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane

1 week later
#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I know his role was small but still legendary. Everyone knows that “Liam and me we’re gonna F*** you up!” Jim and I became buddies after I met him at Lebowskifest in 2017. Mostly because he had a crush on my wife haha. But we kept in contact on and off between Lebowskifests. Well my buddies in The Achievers let me and my wife know that Jim passed away this morning. I don’t have the game but for those that do make sure you push start a few times in Jim’s honor.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear that and for your loss. What was Jim’s Pinside name?

#4427 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

And they did! Now just waiting on my wife to slap this sucker on her back and walk it off the truck, it’s frkn solid wood heavy! [quoted image]

Congrats Dude - just wait until you put that music in...

#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I applied the slight bend to the rug microswitch using a leaf adjustment tool and it registers hits very reliably now.
I did the bend just to the right of the actuator nub on the switch body and bent down around 10-15 degrees.
Night and day difference, thanks Rensh !
Now if I can settle the cabinet rattles this thing will be perfect.

Put electrical tape on both sides of the glass (so that the tape wraps even on the top and bottom). When you slide the glass in it will be much tighter and you can't see the electrical tape. Rattles should go away...

#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone have directions to update an extra hard drive with old code to new?

Just unhook the current one and hook up the backup temporarily. Then update the code as normal and switch back to the original when done.

#4473 1 year ago

After many iterations, audio tuning, shipping back and forth, this seems to be the winning playlist amongst the group.

I have to say, it does sound quite amazing and goes with the theme nicely.

Cheers Dudes!

==========
Hotel California
==========

2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
6. Hurricane

#4485 1 year ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Anyone know why we cannot update to version 1.01. It thinks the hard drive is full, which it is not.
[quoted image]

Did you delete any of the older versions to clear some space? Page 68 in the operations manual: https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_1.00.pdf

#4488 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

After many iterations, audio tuning, shipping back and forth, this seems to be the winning playlist amongst the group.
I have to say, it does sound quite amazing and goes with the theme nicely.
Cheers Dudes!
==========
Hotel California
==========
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
=========
Oye Como Va
=========
1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
===============
Run through the Jungle
===============
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
6. Hurricane

I think at this point the playlist is pretty solid. Played tons of games and the songs just fit so nicely. I may look at the rug mode songs next and see if there are any worth replacing. Any thoughts from the group on replacement songs?

#4491 1 year ago

Thinking this...

1. Where’s The Money - My Mood Swings
2. Ransom Note - Requiem Mass in D minor
3. Female Form - Standing On the Corner
4. Ringer - Mucha Muchacha
5. See What Happens - Viva Las Vegas
6. Donny - Behave yourself

#4538 1 year ago

Here is the latest version. PM me for more details. Rug Modes not available yet (in testing). I was going to post a video to show some of the rug modes, but I absolutely sucked tonight and almost embarrassed to share. Might try again tomorrow lol.

==========
Hotel California
==========

2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
6. Hurricane

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money - My Mood Swings
2. Ransom Note - Requiem Mass in D minor
3. Female Form - Standing On the Corner
4. Ringer - Mucha Muchacha
5. See What Happens - Viva Las Vegas
6. Donny - Behave yourself

#4541 1 year ago

#4542 1 year ago

Excuse the terrible play. Got a few rug modes to show the music. Will try for more tomorrow.

#4549 1 year ago

More gameplay that shows music, rug modes, and my terrible gameplay

1 week later
#4599 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So quick question, can you ever achieve a perfect score in bowling, not that I've even come remotely close? With Jesus(I think that's the one with 7-10 split?) you can't get a strike can you, only a spare?

You can get a strike, I have a few times. On my machine, if I hit just left of the right pin, sometimes it scores me a strike. That said, never sniffed a perfect game. I think 260 or 270 is my highest

#4607 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Great idea! I find that going from the lyric songs to the built in rug modes are kind of a bummer as the lyric songs are so good to rock to. The game does spend a fair amount of time in rug modes so I think it’d be important to pick some good ones

Just got back from vacation. I will work on this some more this week. It is close.

#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just got back from vacation. I will work on this some more this week. It is close.

Also located the actual music used in the Nihilist scene, I will be plugging this in as well...

#4612 1 year ago

Dammit, now I am going to have to order another HD. Quit making so many good improvements! I didn’t even care about the rug modes being instrumental until you said you were going to change it.

LOL. If you don’t mind ordering a cheap cable off Amazon and are decent with a computer, I have some steps to update the same drive with the latest disk images as I make updates. Fairly simple. I am not looking to make any money off of these updates. Just want the community to enjoy some pretty cool modifications to the music that (I believe) enhance the end user experience!

That said, I know it can be intimidating, so still happy to image and ship drives as well!

PM me and I can give you the details if you are interested.

#4614 1 year ago

OK - here is a video showing NS, Rug modes, and i increased the volume a couple notches on the main MB.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I rated it higher than any other pin I've owned, so I have to agree.

This. Best pin I have played since 1.0 code dropped.

#4638 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All this testing, very tiresome
Soon in a theater near you
[quoted image]

Sounds like a perfect Christmas weekend release...

#4642 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Also installed PinMonk TBL kit yesterday. As always super high quality product and packaging.
My only minor issue was a super tight fit wl the right flipper wiring. My cable has almost no extra slack; thought I might have to solder an “extension cable” to the coil for a moment, but was able to get it through and re-seated once the fan was in place.
Luckily no threaded screws.
Played for over an hour last night; glorious to have full flipper power once in the groove. One car mode away from Dude Abides.
Congrats PinMonk on another awesome offering/service to the pin community (and: the new metal brackets are top notch. Bravo).

Did you get the 2 or 3 fan kit?

#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Holy shit - the opera music from the movie in the scene where the dude reads the ransom note to hit the targets is truly EPIC. I mean, I know this sounds insane, but if you figured out a way to dub the dudes words over the voice actor, Jesus.
so what cable do I need to buy to reflash my ssd that was sent? This is truly incredible, man

Thanks! Shoot me a PM. Should be pretty easy to update!

#4660 1 year ago

Since my inbox is already getting blown up. If you have the music mod that I have been distributing, upgrading as per the normal DP process does not break anything. Proceed as normal.

The 1.10 upgrade kicks ass. Well done DP. Amazing work!

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

After the update, My start button is not starting the game. Not even for the regular mode. Any help greatly appreciated.

Are you doing anything ahead of that? Or just pressing start after a fresh power up?

#4669 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

It's just not responding, but you can go down to your previous version (in my case) 1.00 and it works fine.

Weird. Works fine for me. Is this the latest download after KoenHeltzel posted or did you download earlier? I downloaded earlier today…

#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those waiting for mods from me….or quotes; do not worry as I always come through. With that said, I was getting close to getting even and the latest disaster struck today…3 days down the toilet!
See picture of 20 doobie mods going in garbage!!!! They are all the wrong voltage- 3 volts and I spent 3 day’s building them up!
I am getting with parts place asap to ship out another 20, but it might be 3 weeks more now. I am starting to think this mod business is crazy for a few peanuts and headaches.
I guess I just need to go have a few White Russians and chill….for the holidays
[quoted image]

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Kick ass mods though. Appreciate what you do!

#4703 1 year ago

I swear I saw somewhere that someone was making a mirrored backglass for TBL. Does anyone have any additional info on this?

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image]

I have 673. Same issue

23DA038B-68D0-4397-9464-4A59F820B7A2 (resized).jpeg23DA038B-68D0-4397-9464-4A59F820B7A2 (resized).jpeg
#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t think it was about being unwilling.
Dutch is a startup that is working very hard to overcome financing and production faults in their infancy that nearly took down the company.
They are getting it done, and impressing everyone with their determination and most importantly, their product which I’m sure we’d all agree is terrific.
I don’t think they can sustain “free playfields for all” nor should they. History has shown us that while some will demand free playfields, others will still bitch and complain about not getting it installed free. You can’t make everyone happy without killing your company. When the GNR playfields cratered (which were worse than Pirates and Wonka issues for me) the offer to buy a playfield at cost seemed like a workable solution that I did take advantage of.
I would encourage everyone not to panic - your playfield might be fine. Mine has been holding up under our extreme levels of home play so far, and I’m sure we’ve got 1000 plays by now. I honestly didn’t know it was Mirco until I took the apron off.
I’d also note that I’ve not heard a single TS4 playfield complaint, so perhaps the process has finally been fixed.

I think a playfield at cost is a reasonable solution. It is in all of our best interests to have DP succeed, so getting pissed and demanding a new playfield wouldn’t be great.

I reached out to support to see what their thoughts are. DP support has been top notch, so I suspect they will come up with a fair solution on both sides.

1 week later
#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Hello, wanted to send a shoutout to JYEAKLEY! Solid supporter of everything Lebowski with the sweet music playlists!

Thanks dude! Glad you are enjoying it!

#4919 1 year ago

Unfortunately worse than I expected under the sling. Art pushed and it chipped

3C554636-6863-4E09-83F7-A3B2F0C27EE3 (resized).jpeg3C554636-6863-4E09-83F7-A3B2F0C27EE3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

How is the customer service with regards to game issues and repairs?

Customer service has always been top notch thanks to Rensh - class act!

#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Latest version is amazing! Love that this is becoming a community project. Really transforms the machine and playing mood in all the best ways

Thanks! Agreed, shout out to timlah79 for the awesome additions within the version in testing currently. Keeps getting cooler!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you guys give me an update on the new additions, what has changed? I’m using a version that is approx 2 months old.

Latest in testing. DM me for upgrade instructions.

==========
Hotel California
==========

2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
7. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version) (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Just Dropped In
=========

1. Just Dropped In (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Just Dropped In (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Lookin'
=========

1. Lookin' (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Lookin' (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va (jyeakley loop v1)
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
7. Oye Como Va (timlah79 alternate loop)

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
6. Hurricane
7. Run through the Jungle (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money
1. The Man In Me (timlah79)
2. I Hate You (timlah79 v1)
3. I Hate You (timlah79 v2)

2. Ransom Note
1. Traffic Boom (timlah79)
2. Requiem Mass in D minor

3. Female Form
1. Stock Music
2. Standing On the Corner

4. Ringer
1. Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (timlah79)
2. Mucha Muchacha

5. See What Happens
1. Placere Sequence (timlah79)
2. Viva Las Vegas

6. Donny
1. My Mood Swings (timlah79)
2. Stamping Ground (timlah79)

=========
Main (loop, intro, skillshot)
=========

1. The Man In Me (various timlah79 loops)

=========
Main Multiball
=========

1. Traffic Boom

=========
Nihilist Showdown
=========

1. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (timlah79 alternate loop)
2. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Bowling Loop
=========

1. Behave Yourself (timlah79)
2. Dead Flowers (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

1. I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good)

#5068 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I’d be curious to see if it’s the same playfield cover you find in Creature from the Black Lagoon or Munsters Premium/LE could probably get a new one for $90. I’d be more concerned about what those balls might be doing to the clearcoat/playfield itself. I’ve got a TBL on order and would like to know if these fit. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-1079

I believe this is the one you would be looking for. The Stern ones won’t fit…

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8702

1 week later
#5113 1 year ago

FYI - I created a separate post for the music mod that myself and others have been working on so I don't clog up this topic. Feel free to head over and check it out if you want to provide some feedback!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-sound-mod#post-7381628

3 weeks later
#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Turned the game on today and nothing..... The only thing that is on is the back glass light, lights on the coin door and the fan on the power supply. No lights anywhere else that I can see. Tried reconnecting all the cables in the backbox and nothing. I'm on the latest code. Any ideas?

If the fan is on within the PSU, that is at least a good sign. Have you tried jumping your motherboard? I am on mobile, but it is in the support FAQ. I would start there.

Page 150

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks. Jumped it and its on. That was quite easy.

Excellent news! Cheers dude!

2 weeks later
#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Anything new on the playfield issue front?

Haven't heard anything yet.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

The silence on the playfield issue has been disappointing.

They sent an email a few weeks ago saying they were still working on a solution. Not silent, but haven't heard an update as of yet.

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I never got an e-mail from them, but can double check my spam. Do you have a date on it?

January 23rd. I guess it was longer than a few weeks lol. I did follow-up a few weeks after and Rens said they were still trying to figure out a solution. My guess is that they are waiting for the new playfield design (no art under posts) to go through before doing anything.

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I doubled checked and nothing. I tried to reach out via Melissa and on pinside too. I'm bummed I haven't been able to play this game in two months and not a word from them . . .

Why can’t you play? Because of pooling?!? Keep flipping, DP will make it right - enjoy the machine, it is special!

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Well I took the game apart to see the extent of the pooling and didn’t want to put it back together until I heard from DP. I’m also worried more game play equals more damage. It’s been two months with no reply, so I’m not convinced DP will make it right. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it is getting frustrating. I have seen people recommending irons or washers, but don’t feel comfortable with the former and my experience with the later is it just pushes the pooling out further until it eventually chips. I’ve had this happen with multiple Mirco playfields and why I won’t buy JJP until I feel it is fixed.

Yeah, always tough with situations like this. My playfield was already chipping and the artwork peeled, so I figured I would just keep on playing.

I have high hopes that DP will make it right. Thus far, their support has been incredible.

If I were you I would either try the iron or washer solution and then enjoy the game until DP comes back with a long term solution. I am hearing they should have some decision this month.

Regardless, you might as well enjoy it…I assume the long term solution is to get the new playfields out to owners with current issues…hopefully at no cost, but maybe at their cost worst case?!? Mirco should be covering the cost, but we shall see!

#5376 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

As great as the machine is, it's getting incredibly tiring that it's virtually impossible to play 5 straight games without the pin freezing on 1.11. Please get it together, DP.

Check your USB cable under the playfield and in the back box. I have been playing 1.11 without any issues. Most likely a loose cable!

See service faq page 67 (I believe)

#5379 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Please get it together, DP.

This also seems unnecessary prior to even knowing the issue...

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thanks - looks really easy compared to a circuit board and opto.
Rensh pass this along to the factory DP - seems like a cheaper more effective solution.[quoted image]

Installed the opto scoop today. Super simple and no more SDTM! Thanks Rensh - top notch instructions as always! Goodbye old broken scoop…

As far as why you should do this vs the non-DP solution…take a look at the new PCB

Looks like there is some fun plans in store from DP in the future. Integrated topper, topper coil, and knocker…yep, sign me up!
D9B89C10-9FF3-494D-8802-50BF05083534 (resized).jpegD9B89C10-9FF3-494D-8802-50BF05083534 (resized).jpeg

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

So what should I look out for as a new owner to know if I need this?

My issue was different than the intended purpose of the opto scoop. Many people had switch issues with the original that was installed prior. The opto scoop uses opto sensors to resolve this…so check for your scoop not registering balls correctly.

My issue was that my scoop was only firing SDTM…I tried many different things and could never get it firing right. Once I took the whole thing out, I discovered that the welds had busted on both sides of the scoop. The “give” from the busted welds were pushing the scoop back and to the left, putting the balls SDTM every time.

9AB20BF8-5657-4790-917F-20C544940B21 (resized).jpeg9AB20BF8-5657-4790-917F-20C544940B21 (resized).jpeg

#5398 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put a "saddle" strip of steel (like a squared off, short leg "C" shape) over the top and weld on the sides in addition to the couple at the seams. It will hold up a LOT longer. It's what I do on all my B/W shopouts since pretty much all of them have problems like this.

Nice. Any pics?

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I joined the owner's group last week. I no more than pulled the translite out and the wire connecting the transistor apparently pulled loose. DAMN!
Hadn't even put the balls in the machine.
I emailed DP support with pics for feedback before I went in and tried to fix it.
On Friday evening, Rensh emails back within a couple hours with a detailed message with repair options and instructions.
How awesome is that for customer support!
My graduation and welcome to the club pic.
[quoted image]

Rensh is the best. Top notch! Welcome to the club!

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

That wire needs to be long enough to set the backglass on the floor. It’s so heavy. I’ll be extending mine. cpr9999 something I’d pay $10 for with the rest of your treasure trove.

It is long enough that you can just set it on top of the back box. That is where I put it and it stays out of the way.

I don’t have a topper though, so wouldn’t work if you have one…

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Sorry. How did changing the switch from mechanical to opto solve the broken welds causing it to fire SDTM?

I got a new scoop as part of the opto kit.

#5428 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed that the fan in TBL is not nearly as loud as the Stern machines? I have been replacing my Stern fans with the quiet ones from PinMonk (which are awesome), but even though TBL is using the same model (RSP-500-48), I do not get the crazy noise I did from my Sterns. Are they using a quieter fan or is the backbox just isolating the noise more?

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My tbl makes as much noise as my stern Iron Maiden. But, in tbl it’s only used for coil power eg it doesn’t get stressed as much as in a stern eg it by far doesn’t activate the fan as much as with a stern.

Gotcha. Good to know. Maybe I just haven't noticed it! Thanks @rensh!

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

And you only need a 120GB. Silly to not use an SSD

Agreed. The DP image itself is only 120GB, so 240GB is pointless unless you plan on repartitioning the image.

I haven’t tried a non-SSD drive, but like others said, for $16 on Amazon just snag an SSD and don’t risk the performance issue!

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Anyone have any problem getting the game to recognize a USB stick? I've tried at least 6-8 different ones.
Trying to export the log file.
Thanks.

Make sure it is in NTFS format and you have a TBL Zip on the USB!

#5459 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, doesn't matter. NTFS, Fat 32, etc. None work. I hate Windows.

Did you put a TBL code zip on the USB? Seems like it only recognizes it sometimes if the ZIP is there…

#5462 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That I don't understand. I'll try to read the FAQ a bit closer. I just wanted to export the log file to see if there was any error information as to why I am still getting switch freezes.
It keeps giving me USB stick not found messages.

Right. Go download the 1.11 delta from DP website and put it on the USB (do not unzip it). You are not going to do anything with it other than just put it on the USB. For some reason the machine doesn’t see the USB until you do this for the export. It is a glitch, but seems to be a pattern as well.

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

I know it's been said a million times before, but hats off to Dutch for their handling of the playfield issues. They not only fixed the issue with current builds, but are going above and beyond making it right for those of us that have pooling and chipping. Worlds better than anything I've seen from other pinball manufacturers.

Yep. The best.

#5469 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Not been there once. It’s a challenge +

Agreed. Haven’t been there naturally yet. Great game, you will not regret it!

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Just unboxed mine today. Having a serious issue right out of the gate. It's on 1.11 code but it will randomly freeze during a mode. Switches will not trigger and draining a ball does not get recognized. It will just sit there playing the mode music and once the mode times out it'll go back to the default music. No ball search, nothing.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Check your USB cable under the playfield and in the back box. See service faq page 67.

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because when pinball was just fairly bulletproof circuit boards and ROMS you could do that over and over, anytime. Putting computers in the mix made that less stable, and not everyone knows that yet.

Has anyone messed with the CSSC board from PBL in TBL?

Seems pretty straightforward and might be a good way to guard against this situation…

https://www.pinballlife.com/computer-startupshutdown-controller-kit.html

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like it will work and was originally designed for Dutch Pinball by Scott Danesi.
https://www.scottdanesi.com/hardware/downloads/CSSC%20User%20Guide.pdf[quoted image]

Yeah, saw that. Looks like some used it on the BOP 2.0. Wondering if it is worth trying on TBL

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hi gang. We got our Lebowski in not that long ago. It's been a lot of fun (operating ours full time) but we've encountered a bit of an issue.
To make a long complicated story short, the business owner of brewery we operate at bought one and asked us to operate it. We gave him a key to the game so he could give himself credits. The game bricked up on him after hitting the let's go bowling scoop, so he opened it up, took the backglass off and started unplugging and plugging in wires, leaving a few of them unplugged.
An extremely asinine thing to do after telling him explicitly to call me if anything goes wrong.
I now have no idea where things are supposed to go.
Does anybody have any detailed images of the backbox wiring from the CPU to the power/sound board/ and display.

That’s a bummer man. I got you. Let me know if you need more!!

IMG_6952 (resized).jpegIMG_6952 (resized).jpegIMG_6953 (resized).jpegIMG_6953 (resized).jpegIMG_6954 (resized).jpegIMG_6954 (resized).jpegIMG_6955 (resized).jpegIMG_6955 (resized).jpegIMG_6956 (resized).jpegIMG_6956 (resized).jpegIMG_6957 (resized).jpegIMG_6957 (resized).jpegIMG_6958 (resized).jpegIMG_6958 (resized).jpegIMG_6959 (resized).jpegIMG_6959 (resized).jpegIMG_6960 (resized).jpegIMG_6960 (resized).jpegIMG_6961 (resized).jpegIMG_6961 (resized).jpegIMG_6962 (resized).jpegIMG_6962 (resized).jpeg
#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello quick question. My machine is giving me an error of Scoop opto not registered in 34 games. I looked all around the scoop. On top and below the playfield and I can’t find the opto.

Update to code version 1.11

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hi all, hesitate to ask something that I know as been answered, but I did some searching, tried some things, and problem seemed to get worse. This machine is fresh out of the box from cointaker (within 2-3 weeks).
Issue-
Playing a multiball (3 characters on this one) and all of a sudden the ball finder comes on while I’m actively playing. At the same time the shots stop registering. Flippers still work, door buttons do not. Let the balls drain and I think the ball finder is still going on. Nothing happening, all lights when it stopped working are still lit (in this case Maude, the dude, and Walter). I think one ball in the scoop (stuck).
This issue happened very infrequently at first and got worse. Today, I followed the instructions with the USB cable (moved to the 3.0 ports), and it happened in the middle of the first game.
Would love any advice!

Did you check both USB connections - back box and the main board under the playfield?

A couple people have reported that the USB cable was bad recently...I think another suggestion in the service FAQ is to replace the cable completely.

I would also shoot an email to Rensh ([email protected]) - he is the best.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hi all, hesitate to ask something that I know as been answered, but I did some searching, tried some things, and problem seemed to get worse. This machine is fresh out of the box from cointaker (within 2-3 weeks).
Issue-
Playing a multiball (3 characters on this one) and all of a sudden the ball finder comes on while I’m actively playing. At the same time the shots stop registering. Flippers still work, door buttons do not. Let the balls drain and I think the ball finder is still going on. Nothing happening, all lights when it stopped working are still lit (in this case Maude, the dude, and Walter). I think one ball in the scoop (stuck).
This issue happened very infrequently at first and got worse. Today, I followed the instructions with the USB cable (moved to the 3.0 ports), and it happened in the middle of the first game.
Would love any advice!

Also, you should move any issues to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

#5527 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can you use a Mac computer to download and then update the code? I know that this was a problem with other companies.

Yep, I do it all the time. Just make sure the USB is NTFS or one of the FAT formats.

1 week later
#5587 1 year ago

Does anyone know of an alternative source for the Left Ramp Clip? I tried to order from cpr9999 website but there is no option to buy, I attempted DM’s a few times but have not received any response.

I actually have an extra one. Ping me and I can send it your way.

#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Are the bowling pins better than before or is a replacement set still in order?

Pins are the same but they now have limiters on the tops to keep them from hitting the metal frame when they go to the top position (root cause of the breaking). I haven’t had an issue with any pins yet since installing the limiters (I used rubber washers).

3 weeks later
#5688 11 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone put Pinstadiums in? If so, how was the result?

The lighting in the game is beautiful IMO. I have never had the need for Pinstadiums and would be afraid it would take away the "chill vibe" the game brings...

2 months later
#5903 8 months ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Hey all! Now that my kiddo is back in school, I finally have time to do another run of Lebowski launch button mods. The red and black ones may slightly vary from the one in the pic, but should be pretty close. They would run $50 shipped in the US.
Just let me know if you want on the list, and which version you are interested in.
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great mod. Highly recommended!

1 week later
#5930 8 months ago

Love this!

3 weeks later
#5984 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

I WANT A DOOBIE MOD!!! Any doobie dealers out there?

Message cpr9999 - best dealer around!

#5986 7 months ago

Give him a week or two. When did you message him? I think he was recovering from a health issue last I heard, so responses might be delayed.

#5996 7 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Heres a test for the TBL pin.
Almost finished off videos. No copyright assets.
Standard Launch button housing. video shows the complete button.
Have yet a few more videos to do and testing on pinball to do.
This video shows the launch button and small bowling alley section activating.

Looks cool. You planning to sell these?

#5999 7 months ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Well, as of today shifting over from ‘preorder’ thread to ‘owners club’ thread. Very early impressions:
- This thing is heavy. I mean heavy. Hopefully, this speaks to the quality of components. It has a solid ‘Williams’ feel to it while playing.
- I was expecting to maybe have to upgrade the sound. But no. Actually quite good. Much better out of the box than the Sterns I have.
- Obviously, just scratching the surface - but what a fun game! The adult sound setting really captures the essence of the film.
Next, on to installing a few mods and figuring out how the jyeakley sound mod installs & works.

Congratulations! PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#6057 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Topper I made a year ago finally in place. Real vintage shoes, legit can and pins.
[quoted image]

Nice, where did you snag the pins and shoes? I managed to get the legit can.

3 weeks later
#6141 6 months ago

I wouldn’t see a reality where DP would announce a new game before all the TBL EAs were delivered. That wouldn’t be a great look IMO.

1 week later
#6163 6 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Nice thing about metric, you can get anodized parts in whatever color you like cheap on Amazon. Quick and easy customization, nice look for like $5 IMO
[quoted image]

Agree with the others - a quick count/configuration with links would be an awesome add for the community!

1 month later
#6324 5 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just picked up a TBL really enjoying the game. Had one issue occur a couple times when I boot the machine on. I'll be playing and everything stops registering. Nothing scores only things that will function are the flippers. I've been able to fix the issue by pushing on connections and rebooting it. Wondering if this is a code issue or some lose connections

Check the P-ROC connection on both the main board under the PF and the opposite end in the back box. Most likely wiggled loose. Some have had to replace the cable (cheap fix).

#6346 5 months ago

Newer 2023 builds may use a monitor that is larger than the prior version. DP has added a "Vertical Display" option in the settings (Adjustments --> Display). Please set this to 100 if you are only seeing half of the screen. You will need to take the backglass off to see the top half and adjust this setting!

#6359 5 months ago

Did you try jumping CPU board? Page 132 of the support FAQ:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf#page132

1 week later
#6489 4 months ago

TBL at number 10 now in the Top 100. Not surprising at all, such an awesome game!

3 weeks later
#6613 3 months ago

Well dudes - I feel like it has been long enough…seems like cpr9999 is MIA (hope he is OK).

That said, I am going to give the Doobie Mod 2.0 a shot. I should have something to show in a few weeks. My good friend also has a wood shop, so we are looking to have a physical wood ashtray that is laser etched and maybe a little more realistic fire on the end of the doobie!

More to come. Happy New Year!

#6647 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

No probs, I'm open to that
I actually mocked something up the other day after the initial posts. Instead of replacing the entire building (which is really nice quality folded sheet metal, not to mention a pain to remove) I thought of instead just replacing the roof itself, and having all the sign pieces attached to that. Each 'sign' will be made up of 3 parts, from back to front, the LED PCB, then an acrylic piece, then the resin 'neon' piece. The acrylic piece is there to provide a base colour (in the case of the 'star') but also a baffle to block light bleed to certain areas, in the case of the inside of the lettering, which you want to appear dark.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
All RGB, animated etc, triggered probably from those two car targets. The reason for the acrylic baffling is that I was trying to get an effect similar to the Pulp Fiction Topper neon lettering, which is really really well done.
[quoted image]
Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea where my head is at. Fire away!

Definitely In. stumblor you are the best!

#6666 3 months ago

Still pretty early. Waiting on the supplies for the ash effect on the tip. Debating on the natural vs white papers (leaning towards the white - in the video). I am actually rolling these with a fake herb though, so the thinner papers let you see that which is cool. Hard to tell from the video. I guess I could go with thicker white papers, thoughts?

Got the wiring and lighting dialed in though. I want a smooth led effect of a cherry burning rather than a harsh orange and red blinking like the original doobie.
Meeting with my woodworking guy this weekend to get some prototypes of the ashtray.

Progress. Still a ways to go. I might get a thread going to gauge interest even though I don’t know cost yet.

#6670 3 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Love the progress! I would hit that the flame looks so real! Can’t wait to see what you do with the ashtray. Any chance we can hide the wire good on the other end? Maybe come out the bottom somehow in the middle? Just an idea I like it a lot already!

I have some ideas. Will be tough to completely hide, but I plan to at least mask the wire a bit more. The ashtray will be thin to begin with given the clearance in the area, so pretty hard to route underneath, but will see what I can do!

#6674 3 months ago

I will start a thread in the next few days so I don’t clog things up here. Loving the interest!

2 weeks later
#6785 3 months ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I agree with this post almost all the way through except...
I've never once had a ball get stuck there once! Haha.
Don't know if it's coming off your ramp or if your stand ups are bent but you seem to be one of a very few with this issue.
If it's still a problem and you can't fix the cause of the airballs, an easy fix would be some clear plexi added to this spot so the ball always runs clear. Should only take 15 min.

Yeah, I haven’t had any get stuck over there either. I believe it happens, but something must be bent different on some machines maybe?

1 month later
#7001 56 days ago

I have this as well and love it.

#7034 51 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

After 40ish games my TBL is down I’m working with Rens over there at DP but unfortunately won’t be playing tonight ; it’s caught in what seems to be a boot loop. They are sleeping over there atm so I’m just waiting until this gets worked out. Its all good it will get fixed. Just rolling my fingers as I stare at 24 other machines here’s the link on YouTube if you want to see what it’s doing upon booting.

Does this happen with the sound mod SSD as well?

#7036 51 days ago

I had it happen to a buddies machine. I reinstalled the factory ssd and reflashed him a new one. Still haven’t installed the new one yet.

His pic above looks like the factory SSD is plugged in. My question is if he is seeing the same issue with the sound mod SSD

#7038 51 days ago

Gotcha, I had the same issue he is having now with the sound mod ssd on my buddies machine. Factory one works fine. Ssd was the issue in his. SSDs go bad. Is what it is. Don’t think it has anything to do with the sound mod.

Yep, agreed. Most likely a bad SSD. I have had many go bad over the years. My thought was since he has the sound mod SSD imaged, he could try plugging that in to see if it fixes his issue in the short term if the factory SSD is bad. If it happens across both SSDs, it is most likely a connection or something larger with the CPU.

1 week later
#7067 43 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Btw got the replacement PC today. Installed it. Doing the same thing
I then downloaded the recovery SSD Image onto a USB stick. Imaged it right. Turned it on and still no change; just keeps cycling the different colors on lcd and pf lights start cycling after a click, about 3 minutes or so after turned on. Idk what this could be. I reseated everything in backbox about 3 times. This is emailed to Rens, but wondering if I can get this running tonight with pinside help. Maybe the power supply? Idk. Hands in air.

Does the fan kick on in the power supply?

Do you hear the beep on the cpu when you power on? Are all the LEDs lit on the power board in the back box?

#7068 43 days ago

Better yet, can you take a short video (with the backglass off) of the full power up cycle?

#7071 43 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

here's the link to the bootup process (with the USB stick pulled out of the machine). This has the replacement PC. Power supply fan is running. I don't see any lights on the sound board, and that's where the problem started; crackling sizzling sound..then no sound..reseated backbox cables, worked great for 15 or so more games..then no boot.

If you press the start button, does it start a game and produce sound?

Definitely not the power supply. The main power board (blue lights) is receiving power and the lights on the playfield all seem to be functioning. I have had 2 power supplies die and the whole game is unresponsive.

If you get sound upon pressing start, I would guess it is a connection between the display and the CPU…OR have you pressed any of the buttons in the display itself?? Maybe you accidentally pressed a button on the actual display that changed an input or something?

#7078 42 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Got sound. It all ended up being the oem SSD. A few here were right. I put the Alt SSD in it with a new usb audio cable and it’s playing in all its glory. Only thing I messed up on was the vertical adjust for the monitor; it’s like 45% up so I can’t nav the menu for crap. I’m just happy to have the Dude running again!

Take the backglass off (allows you to see the top portion of the screen) and adjust the Vertical Display to 100. Note: this is adjusted through the coin door settings!!

The older builds had a smaller screen. The newer builds have this large monitor. The sound mod was made on my machine which has the smaller, this is why yours is off!

#7087 42 days ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I love toppers but not this one. It's overwhelming in a negative way.

Man, I hate talking negative about anyone's work, but I tend to agree. I think the arms coming out the top is a little much for me personally. Also, anyone that has played TBL knows that the lighting on the game is soft and "chill?". The bright white LEDs in the bowling pins just doesn't fit the vibe of the game. Pins don't have the Brunswick logo, glasses are wrong, already a rug under the machine and a white russian under the glass...price...just misses for me personally.

Hopefully it hits for someone though. Best of luck!

#7098 40 days ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Rensh I took video of what the car is doing. Is there an email address I should send them to?

[email protected]

3 weeks later
#7203 18 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Does the code update effect the music upgrade?

Nope! Upgrade works fine. Check out the mod thread in the future, I post there typically.

#7209 15 days ago

I would love it if the blades and topper would go through PBL...

Ordered the knocker end of last week (with some other things), set to be delivered tomorrow. No hassle or delay. Love PBL.

#7225 13 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

On the topic of orbit returns, is there a consensus whether they should return to same side or opposite flipper? On mine they tend to return to opposite and it appears there’s a slight bend near the end of the orbit that sends them that way. It seems like that’s the design but then again I’ve seen previous posts saying they should return to same side. That’d require a pretty big tweak on my game.
I’m getting a fair amount of sdtm so need to do some tuning one way or the other.

See post 6982 from KoenHeltzel who wrote the software for the game:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/140#post-8047171

Should feed to the same side.

#7241 11 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Actually, I think it is hard drive related. I play the original hard drive back in and it plays flawlessly and only having issues with the alternative hard drive that has all the extra songs. I’m guessing I need to reformat that hard drive but how does one do that?

I highly doubt that the hard drive is causing the issue. Most likely you have a loose connection somewhere and it just hasn’t happened on the stock drive yet. You would be the first out of hundreds to have the hard drive cause this kind of issue…

#7242 11 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I highly doubt that the hard drive is causing the issue. Most likely you have a loose connection somewhere and it just hasn’t happened on the stock drive yet. You would be the first out of hundreds to have the hard drive cause this kind of issue…

That being said, PM me and I can send instructions on how to re-flash the disk!

#7246 11 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I was overly optimistic. You’re right, the original hard drive does the same thing. The machine doesn’t Start doing it until about 5 to 8 minutes into a game and then once it starts, it will not stop unless I turn off the game . Should I try all the connections underneath the playfield on the boards or the ones in the back box?

Both. I would start with the PROC USB cord on both the underneath and the back box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=jyeakley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.