54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (12 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

What is the “1 Issue” reported on the DMD at the end of the video?

3 weeks later
#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from genex:

WizardsCastle I own the TBL probably with the most plays on it? I have had it out on location for years and it now has 16,890 plays on it. Barry actually asked for some photos of the machine to see how things are holding up. My friend who helps me operate it also provided DP with a lot of feedback on things that were troublesome initially and they've incorporated a lot of that into future/current builds (my machine is #9). After we got it dialed in though it's been fine. The main thing we had to replace was the subway but everything else was just tweaked (aside from normal wear like rubbers etc) - though the sticker on the rug has been beat up though I have a backup one to use once the current one is completely dead

What specifically about the subway was the issue? And has that been addressed by DP in the current ones they are building now?

4 months later
#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Recommended pitch is 6.5 degrees.

I thought it was actually recommended at 6.8°…

#2661 2 years ago

Me three!

#2698 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley on the mini playfield and looks awesome! If you have his mod wiring harness already, it installs in about 2 minutes. Just stick it on the roof of the bowling alley, run wire behind the back of the playfield and plug into the mod harness. That’s it. Thanks Jim for another great mod!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where could one get the burger sign mod?

#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Freakyguy666 #2698 Contact TheDudesMods he sells them and they are top quality

Not finding a poster with the alias “TheDudesMods” .?.?.?

#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…it‘s just one click away [quoted image]

Quoted from fossmin:

eBay in pinball section.

Thanks! To be clear it is TheDudeMods —not TheDudesMods.

2 weeks later
#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi guys,
Software update 0.57 is now public.
This update includes a fix for clicking power supplies, a fix for noisy stepper motors, an improved ball search and other bugfixes.
Download:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software
Changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/changelog
FYI: Development on the 1.0 code is on a separate development track so there is more code already in the works.
Enjoy!

Are the games shipping out this week with 0.57?

3 weeks later
#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had to be in the neighborhood of the factory so swung by for a cup of coffee. Newer builts have a made by DP lockbar which looks great to me. And it fits better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How “new” are “newer builds”? Starting with EA#69 I hope?

1 year later
#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll never understand why (literally ALL) the manufacturers using USB don't use the commercially available screw reinforced USB panel mounts and cables. A lot of the "loose USB" grief would be completely eliminated. USB cables wouldn't come out until you unscrewed the finger screws on each side, like a VGA cable.

It adds too much to the BOM.

1 month later
#5220 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

As others have said, the starry lit apron add-on is killer and I'd highly recommend it. You can add that to your order and have it factory installed which I would recommend to save you the trouble. I ordered several mods from pinsider cpr999 including his mod harness that allows you to easily power multiple mods. His stuff is great and I've experienced zero issues with any of it. I've also done some custom music work for it to add in the real music from the movie which I've really enjoyed. I also did the bowling ball launch button mod from another pinsider (don't remember who) which I really like. I really enjoy this game.
Another thing that I consider a must do is to adjust the switch that controls the rug hits. Essentially, I had to adjust this switch to make it more sensitive which has allowed for pretty much every hit from both flippers to register a hit when you shoot the rug mech. This took plenty of trial and error but it's been perfect for 6 months ever since I got it right. From the factory, it wasn't that sensitive and really only registered hard, direct hits which was frustrating...but you can eliminate that issue for sure

Thanks for the insight on your TBL, but keep in mind DP has made numerous hardware improvements since your model was released including the computer & major components…if anything, the newer models are even more reliable.

2 weeks later
#5356 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I saw some posts on the Playfield pooling issues.
Yes, its taking much longer as I hoped and expected to come with a proposal, good or bad.
To manage expectations:
There is unfortunately no miracle solution to be expected. Chipping is chipping and there is no magic stick which can make it dissapear unfortunately. Pooling is something which can be 'fixed' but it involves heat/ironing technique and (silicon) washers. This Pinside post tells it all : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands. No new techniques have been found , this research also involved discussions with playfield manufacturer.
The solution is to withdraw artwork under posts and that has been done and taken into production on new playfields. Took some time but its done.
I sincerely expect the proposal within this month and we at DP want to make it as good as possible but also have to realize that resources are not endless.
Can only ask for some more patience and we truly understand its a tough spot to be in for everybody concerned.
To be cntd asap

When do you expect the first batches to ship with the artwork withdrawn from under the posts?

2 weeks later
#5496 12 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Did you short the 2 red marked reset pins on the CPU?
That's all I had to do.
Rens FAQ is invaluable.
(and learned never to cut off the machine before fully booted)

“Cut off”? As in unplug during a boot? Why would anyone do that on any computer??

1 week later
#5553 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because my pinside collection is what I've kept at home vs what I tech and operate?
I've helped rebuild a TBL that literally was in pieces... and we've operated a second TBL on location for over year... and helped support a third TBLs locally. That's 3 TBLs I have my hands in. So please look before leaping and putting your put foot in mouth.
I could go on and on about all the mechanical engineering 'we won't do that again' mistakes this game has. Or the lack of foresight many choices had. I appreciate you've had no issues with your game, but clearly you've never gotten your hands really dirty with it if you think it's 'perfection'.
From the blocked screws under PCBs, cheezy backglass wiring (or why the bg is like 10lbs to begin with), to blocked screws on top, to cheezy bent subway, to ball guides that need pads to have correct ball returns, to cheap cabinet construction techniques, to tolerances that allowed the bowling mech to destroy the main PCB, to tolerances that allow the rug mech to destroy the weak subway, to subway to scoop ball jams, to unsecured ribbon cables, to a mini PF that requires multiple steps to align, to malformed ramps that would trap balls, to divertors that would catch on the ramp, to bowling pins that would snap, and we could keep going too.
The game is great, but lacks a lot of the engineering experience other companies have refined. Some choices like the cabinet build look sexy from their wood choice, but their construction methods mean things like the head easily breaks and separates. Some choices like the subway make for easier sourcing on their part, but have been durability liabilities. Many revisions have addressed some of the most direct liabilities (like the divertor, the upper flipper, the motors, the bowling pins, the main PCB hitting the bowling mech) but many will never be addressed and unless you keep buying parts, you have what you have.
TBL is by far the game with the most downtime in our route and arcade and almost the biggest PITA to work on. Of course we still love it and am happy to route it -- but 'perfection' it is FAR FAR from.
like now I'm debating on the best way to route out the bottom of my MPF onsite because there isn't enough gap between the PCB and the board which caused the connector to fail. "but they fixed that!" - yeah, going forward.. and all the people without it, face the same potential issue.
Maybe by the end the game will be really good... but it's been a long journey.

Given the known fixes/updates/revisions announced to-date, I would say the game in its most recent iteration will be about as reliable as any other Stern or JJP at this point…

#5570 11 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

And you base this on.. Hopes and wishes?

The myriad issues I’ve had with both Stern & JJP recently compared to those in the newest iteration of TBL

#5579 11 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Following this up, I bought a 10-foot Amazon Basics USB printer cable, and I am gold. Not one lock-up since. Thank you for the responses!

I thought there were more than 1 USB cable..how did you know which to change?

1 month later
#5685 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s not the clearcoat lifting but the ink. However, clearcoat is on top op ink so when ink lifts …..
With artwork removed the clearcoat is direct on the wood and the clearcoat is more sticky as the ink. Hope this makes sense.

Rensh
Any more ”improvements” to the game hardware or playfield coming….or is it pretty much final design now?

Also still no word on the rumored Topper???

1 week later
#5738 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you are getting a new game of current production I expect that there is a power distribution board in the backbox which has several options to attach mods. Also present is a very common IDC-molex header as used in pinball.
This board is also described in the latest service faq version I uploaded on Monday.
[quoted image]

So when is the topper going to be announced? Spill the beans already!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#5884 8 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

wow, thanks, you make me blush
No plans to burn out at the moment. In fact, as a story, a work burnout mid 2019 made me start to do even more volunteer work for DP as an assembly worker to get my head straight again. It really helped so start of 2020 I could continu my normal dayjob again (selling and supporting fiber optic T&M equipment). So, no more time to do assembly work so I asked owner Barry if perhaps online support would be something to help out. It took him like 4 months to say yes and the rest is history.
So, burnout can also turn into something nice.
But, I fully realize what you mean. Have seen people get burned out in the hobby and it can happen to everybody.
Anyway, thanks for your kind words, really highly appreciated. Come say hi on pinexpo 2023 if you are there.

I hope Barry realizes that many purchases these days are decided based on customer support and your assistance in that regard made the decision to move ahead with an order from Dutch much easier!

Now about that TOPPER…

3 months later
#6178 5 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hi all - joined the club yesterday with an achievers edition. Fantastic game, but one immediate problem is that the left ramp stand ups are visibly bent back and it's airball city, sometimes the ball even flies over the flippers. I can't see a key post about this - is it simple enough to bend them forwards, or is there a more pemanent fix for this?
Edit: never mind - I must remember to use the search function!

Care to post the solution for those that took the time to read your post?

1 week later
#6250 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Shot feels much easier to hit when you roll of the edge of the flipper, more powerful, more consistent.
Had to lower the power to the bottom flippers quite a bit for as the difference was quite noticeable. I was ricocheting off the targets, flying up the ramps etc. Lowered them both by 4 I think and they still seem to hit harder but not to the point where I might damage something.
I had already but a pair of these on my JJP POTC and it was a game changer but it’s been awhile since I’ve experienced that before and after on a new game. It’s absolutely worth the investment (in my opinion) and looks pretty damn good as well.

What is the difference between the 2 precision flippers? There appear to be a solid and a hollow version (the one you apparently installed?)….and which did you use on your POTC?

#6253 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The solids were the original launch and the Halo's were developed after. Both give a more precise shot and more power. The solids give a little more bounce to the ball on a deadbounce if you are that far into feel, but this is all variable on rubber selection.
Titan low bounce or regular rubber will play more differently than halo or solid will.
Both are good, halo's are better, but it's about which style fits which game best.

Thanks for that…I guess the other consideration is whether you want to be able to place a mod on top of the bat…might not look too great over the hollow ones….

#6260 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I have always used the hollow version, first on POTC, Lebowski and now on Godfather (installed last night). They work the same, I just prefer the look of the halographic version.
If you do end up purchasing a set for Lebowski, you don't need 3 metal bushings, just 2. With the upper flipper the metal bushing won't have the same effect/importance as it does on the lowers so isn't necessary. This was the advice I received from the manufacturer.

Very helpful!

& Sorry to drag this out but could you also list the parts you ordered for POTC as well?

2 weeks later
#6394 4 months ago

Still the best TBL Topper…

2FF7E986-FDA9-45FF-92E9-E7EA7A968995 (resized).jpeg2FF7E986-FDA9-45FF-92E9-E7EA7A968995 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6595 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

He is not answering anybody at this time.

Speaking of CPR9999, could someone please explain specifically where the Doobie mod plugs into the system? There appear to be 2 points of termination on the Doobie wiring and there were no directions and obviously the supplier is MIA so any light you could shed on this would be much appreciated!

Also, the Ramp Clip from the same seller is no longer compatible with the newest version of TBL for anyone that might be interested.

#6598 89 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ramp clip remark is a new one for me. Are you saying factory is using a different ramp design??

I believe so…the clip is way too narrow to clip onto the ramp molding…you would have to literally squeeze the plastic ramp by ~1/2inch to make it fit and that force could damage the ramp.

#6599 89 days ago

Anyone have Lior’s Toilet Mod? In some photos the water in the bowl appears orange/yellow, while in others it appears white.

Are there 2 versions?

#6602 89 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I have it and love it. At first I was unclear on how to install it and placed it over the existing plastic with orange LED cap making it orange…. The bolts weren’t long enough and the plastic stuck out on the side clearly labeling me a dumb ass. After installing the right way without the plastic the led glows bright white from inside its mounting bracket in the bowl. First mod I have gotten from Lior without instructions but in the end really doesn’t need them.

Would it be possible to remove the existing plastic but maintain the orange LED dome/cap? Or is the Dome too big?

#6604 89 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Won't all fit together, you'll have to remove it.

Bummer. I think the yellow looks better…in fact it’s yellow in Lior’s ad…
5336DC4A-05BD-4D67-9EE6-0E680FB60AFE (resized).jpeg5336DC4A-05BD-4D67-9EE6-0E680FB60AFE (resized).jpeg

#6612 88 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s intended to squeeze the ramp against the scoop to ‘guide’ the ball better to the scoop and get less rejects. Don’t think you have 1/2 inch of space between the scoop and ramp?
Mine is on there like over 2 yrs and ramp is still fine. No worries here.

Do you mind posting a photo of yours? I don’t think this clip is wide enough to squeeze both sides of the ramp on my pin…

1 week later
#6701 81 days ago

Rens

Is there an Option in the Service Menu to Test the Left & Right Limits of the bowling alley Launcher? If not, how do you test to see if the ball will Gutter on the Left & Right?

#6706 80 days ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Gameplay wise: how often do you reach the final wizard mode?

It’s selectable on the Game Mode screen….so anytime you want!

2 weeks later
#6804 64 days ago

The mods on this take it to the next level!

5D5200FD-D58D-41FE-A09A-9A993FF2B47E (resized).jpeg5D5200FD-D58D-41FE-A09A-9A993FF2B47E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6858 52 days ago

Question regarding hitting the Let’s Go Bowling miniRamp on the upper PF: many times it looks like I hit that ramp perfectly only to have the ball go 90% up the ramp but then reverse and come back…game is perfectly level and pitched to 6.5°….if I increase the mini-flipper power in Settings then it will not even reach the ramp (hits the handicap targets off the tip of the flipper)…if I turn the power down, it NEVER makes it up the mini-ramp….any tips on ways to make this shot more consistent?

#6865 52 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

At the risk of being ostracized and attacked once again, have a look at Precision Flippers.

Got them but not on the mini flipper…guess I’ll have to make it a full swap!

34B64B41-EBF5-4AA6-A1DC-3FAB32D25330 (resized).jpeg34B64B41-EBF5-4AA6-A1DC-3FAB32D25330 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6897 43 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

What year is your game?

2 weeks later
#7015 25 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hey! Hope this post is ok here, if not I can remove it.
I was wondering if anyone here would want to trade their Big Lebowski for a MMr 2017 with XL dmd and RGB GI and shaker.
Located in New Brunswick Canada.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately mine won’t move seeing as its permanently bolted into the home’s foundation.

8FB39B2F-9120-4830-B530-EE19DB4EFC92 (resized).jpeg8FB39B2F-9120-4830-B530-EE19DB4EFC92 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.