735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1419 3 years ago

Just opened up my game today. Right flipper does nothing. The upper right flipper on the mini playfield works though. I have reset the plug and everything moves smoothly by hand, nothing binding. Solenoid does not fire in test. Not sure what to try next.

Thanks

#1420 3 years ago

Also, a real bitch getting the playfield reset in the cabinet. The right hook is on the front edge of the receiver hole and the left hook is on the back edge of the receiver hole. How can I adjust this?

Thanks

IMG_7212 (resized).JPGIMG_7212 (resized).JPGIMG_7213 (resized).JPGIMG_7213 (resized).JPG

#1424 3 years ago

So when I flip the connectors on the PCB the right flipper works and the left does not. Does this mean the PCB is bad?

#1427 3 years ago

It is a brand new build. I will not be with the machine again until Sunday. I will check these things then.

Thanks Rensh.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Some extra tests
Can you reseat the flatcable between the main PCB and small PCB?
To check if only the powercoil is not functioning but hold is, can you press the flipper button while moving the flipper by hand to top position and see if it sticks there?
In switch test menu, check of the flipper button works. Should be but wanna make sure.
How old is this tbl? You state just out of box but has the box been in storage for months or .... What is the serial number ?

I reset both flat cables from the main pcb board to the one with the flippers, no change.

If I hold the flipper button and manual lift the flipper it does stay up until I release the flipper button.

The right flipper button switch does register in switch test.

Serial number is DP-01-00404

2 months later
#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone had issues where their bowling alley wasn’t accurately reflecting strikes etc?

I know when I hit the 7 pin it doesn't register. Anyone worked on the bowling alley yet?

1 month later
#1639 3 years ago

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.

Thanks

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From what I understood the ball should not actually Hit the pins. The pin hit is activated by the ball passing an opto.

That's good info to know. I didn't realize this. Thanks Yelobird.

1 month later
#1681 3 years ago

I asked this question a while ago and didn't get a response. Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? Strikes seem to register pretty well, but solid hits on spare shots or moving pins I would say register under 50%. Would like to try and fix this.

Thanks

1 week later
#1697 3 years ago

I have had a couple balls with very high velocity sneak by the kickback in the left outlane when it is lit and the ball ends. My Dialed In will recognize this and reserve the ball for you. Shouldn't TBL give the ball back to the shooters lane? Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

1 week later
#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

My TBL is eating balls ... during multiball one ball got stuck. The basssearch did not start ... is there a ballsearch ?
The ball is not to find .. I am confused and will add a new ball. Very strange ... checked the whole machine.

I didn't loss a ball, but during a multiball last night I had two balls go missing somewhere under the mini playfield. After I lost the other balls in play, the game just kept playing music, but never went into a ball search. I think it would have just sat like this forever. I couldn't shake them loose, so I turn the game off. Booted it back up and the balls were kicked out of the bowling alley on the mini playfield. Not sure exactly where they were sitting. It appears there is no ball search.

#1737 3 years ago

It's possible, but the balls were somewhere hidden under or on top of the mini playfield. I had no idea where they were. I will try and find out if it happens again.

1 month later
#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Same issue here, somtimes in single pin mode it doesnt register a successful hit.
As far as I understand the bowling hit is actived when the ball passes the opto. I am going to try to fix it this weekend, would adjusting the optos help? Or is the angle calculated by the ball launcher mech?

I believe this is software related that DP needs to clean up. I don't think adjusting the angles of optos or the bowler will solve your issue. I could be wrong though.

#1855 3 years ago

Does the car have it's own switch or when you strike the car you are activating the two standup targets behind it?

#1865 3 years ago

Has anyone come up with a better fitting lockdown bar for this game? Seems to be about 1/4 inch too wide on each side.

4 weeks later
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

There must be a challenge otherwise the pin would be boring after 3 weeks.
I tweaked my settings to make the game a little easier, I added ballsaver times, set down the limit to start "Nihilists Multiball" and raised the time to get "Mark It Zero" after it lits. So this gives a fair chance to get the first extraball.
I always play on this extraball but the saucer is not easy to hit.
MIZ is also in my opinion the best video mode, to see if Walter becomes more and more aggressiv ... love it !!

Quoted from Time4akshun:

I'd like to add a trough light from Comet Pinball to my TBL. I typically alligator clip onto a GI in other games but TBL is surface mount. Any tips on where to tap without soldering?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips
Time

The Mod Couple has a mod plug in for Dutch Pinball. You can plug Comet strips into it.

2 weeks later
#2112 2 years ago

My game has only a handful of plays on it. Right flipper was working fine, now it raises and drops right back down, even if you hold the button. Went to look at the EOS switch and it is nonexistent. What's up with that? Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There is no EOS switch on TBL.
Sounds like a hold issue. Can you swap the connectors on the main pcb so left flipper is activated with right button and vice versa? If the problem remains at right flipper we know it’s something with the coil assy. Pls check wiring for something loose.
Which serialnumber do you have?

Thanks Rensh I will try this. I think my serial number is 488.

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There is no EOS switch on TBL.
Sounds like a hold issue. Can you swap the connectors on the main pcb so left flipper is activated with right button and vice versa? If the problem remains at right flipper we know it’s something with the coil assy. Pls check wiring for something loose.
Which serialnumber do you have?

Rensh

When I flipped the coil connectors on the board, the problem switched to the left flipper. Is my coil bad?

Thanks

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So
Left button left coil working
Right button right coil not working
Left button right coil not working
Right button left coil working
Assuming the wires are correct connected to the coil my conclusion is coil is defective.

Yes, your scenario is correct. The right flipper worked about 10 games then started doing this. Should I work this through Cointaker?

1 month later
#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the excellent tips! I used the scraper below and removed the tape residue with Goo Gone. More Goo Gone on the inside on the old rails, only a little bit for the cabinet's tape residue. Actually I put some hand paper to cover the top of the cabinet only where the tape residue is and soaked it a bit with Goo Gone and let it be there for like 10-15 mins. But I needed a lot more elbow grease to remove the tape residue on the cabinet though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the picture.

2 weeks later
#2392 2 years ago

I bought an lit apron from someone that sold their game and never installed. Are installation instructions posted somewhere?

Thanks

#2396 2 years ago

Anyone else getting feedback or a high pitch buzz from their lit apron?

Thanks

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nope. It’s only leds and some fets I think so how that could cause a high pitch buzz?

I don't know, but it is. I am getting some feedback from something. I installed exactly per the instructions. I didn't have this buzzing prior to installing the apron.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Got some good news which I can share with the owners on the software front
Within 2 weeks rel 056 is expected to be released which will be mostly bug fixes. After that version DP wants to shift focus from overdue maintenance (but now finished with 056 as far as software can ever be bug free) on the code to expanding the code and work on rel 1.0. So this means new modes, clips (Bunny!), end wizzard, more bowling alley variety, etc..
Good news for us owners!

Will any of these updates make the bowling alley register pin hits more reliably?

Thanks

3 weeks later
#2571 2 years ago

Could someone please post a picture of how the orange ball return hood is mounted over the left habit trail?

Thanks

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You mean this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's what I needed.

Thanks

1 week later
#2629 2 years ago

I’m not near my game. Out of town. Can anyone tell me if the lock nuts on the playfield that hold down the slingshot plastics are 6 or 7 mm?

Thanks

#2631 2 years ago

Thanks Rens.

1 week later
#2692 2 years ago

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley on the mini playfield and looks awesome! If you have his mod wiring harness already, it installs in about 2 minutes. Just stick it on the roof of the bowling alley, run wire behind the back of the playfield and plug into the mod harness. That’s it. Thanks Jim for another great mod!

0825FD4C-ADAD-46AE-AD0B-93B2DC0A07DD (resized).jpeg0825FD4C-ADAD-46AE-AD0B-93B2DC0A07DD (resized).jpeg1672E76D-A961-4ADB-9132-4057E1405200 (resized).jpeg1672E76D-A961-4ADB-9132-4057E1405200 (resized).jpegE7892CA9-1F88-40C4-A52E-46C56D66E13D (resized).jpegE7892CA9-1F88-40C4-A52E-46C56D66E13D (resized).jpeg
#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Where could one get the burger sign mod?

eBay in pinball section.

2 weeks later
#2751 2 years ago

Someone asked to see games with updated hardware. Here is mine powdercoated in a copper color.

IMG_7943 (resized).JPGIMG_7943 (resized).JPGIMG_7944 (resized).JPGIMG_7944 (resized).JPGIMG_7946 (resized).JPGIMG_7946 (resized).JPGIMG_7947 (resized).JPGIMG_7947 (resized).JPGIMG_7948 (resized).JPGIMG_7948 (resized).JPGIMG_7949 (resized).JPGIMG_7949 (resized).JPGIMG_7950 (resized).JPGIMG_7950 (resized).JPGIMG_7951 (resized).JPGIMG_7951 (resized).JPG

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Someone asked to see games that have updated hardware. Here is mine powdercoated in a copper color.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#2785 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Beautiful machine! Were the rails tough to take off on tbl? Any advice please?

No more difficult than any other game. They are attached with double sided tape and a bolt and screw on either ends. I used two plastic scrapers. Basically just start on one end and use the scrapers to breakthrough the tape. Just go slow and steady and work your way across the machine.

#2791 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Any tips for preventing this stuck ball situation? I wish there were stickies on this thread, as this is probably common, but I couldn’t find anything by searching.
[quoted image]

I have a bowling pin there. I wasn't have your issue, but it would solve it.

IMG_7950 (resized).JPGIMG_7950 (resized).JPG
#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Good idea! Can I ask where you got those? Are they the keychains from Amazon? I need to put some on mine - although I'd think they knock over easily if only held on with a small bit of adhesive?

Yes, these are from the key chain. I just used two sided tape. Haven't had one get knocked off yet.

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Yes, that is definitely part of the plan! The road to the wizard mode will be more enjoyable and less strict to reach certain goals.

Will the bowling alley be more reliable? Mine is not. Solid hits on pins sometimes don't register. I was told that it was a software issue. Not sure if that is true or not.

Thanks

1 month later
#3089 2 years ago

How do you do this?

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Finally took the plunge and replaced the stock music with the original recordings. Absolutely amazing. I know it’s a small thing but put a huge smile on my face when playing today. Took the liberty to add a new version of Oye Como Va featuring Pitbull and Santana….Pretty badass if I say so myself…

How do you do this?

3 months later
#3369 2 years ago

What is Convolex?

4 months later
#3916 1 year ago

For those of us not programming or computer savvy enough is it possible for those that have done this to just provide their whole music folder and we novices could just replace the whole folder? And if so, would anyone one be kind enough to do this? I will say that it seems amazing with the upgraded music!

Thanks

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from Cinci593:

I'd pay for pre-made music file that I can just plug in and go.

Me as well.

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Once 1.0 code is released, I would be happy to clone my drive with music pre-configured (as long as you have license rights of course ).
Right now I have a rotation of 21 songs. Let me know if you have other song suggestions.
==========
Hotel California
==========
1. Hotel California
2. Free Bird
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. The Joker
5. Sympathy for the Devil
6. Baba O' Riley
7. John the Revelator
=========
Oye Como Va
=========
1. Man in Me
2. The Gambler
3. Oye Como Va
4. Fly Like an Eagle
5. Livin' on a prayer
6. Ring of Fire
7. The House of the Rising Sun
===============
Run through the Jungle
===============
1. Run through the Jungle
2. Fortunate Son
3. Sweet Emotion
4. Don't Stop Believing
5. Pinball Wizard
6. More than a feeling
7. Hurricane

Yes yes yes! I would be forever in your debt.

1 month later
#4207 1 year ago

Anyone else having this issue with the new code. I can't figure out if a certain event is triggering it. It has happened to me 4 times now and I don't play a lot of games on this pin. The flippers go dead for about 5 seconds and the ball drains, but the game doesn't act like the ball has drained. Flippers reactivate and the game starts a ball search and just continues ball searches until I turn the game off and restart it. I haven't seen this brought up before and was wondering if anyone else has seen this or just me.

Thanks

#4209 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I'm having a similar issue under the old code

I never had it under the old code, only since I did the latest update.

1 month later
#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's the bowling ball launch button from Mneubey with some fresh holes in the holes(:.)
I used a 5/32 bit and just went slowly in the holes until I punched through. Super easy just made sure to keep it straight - didn't want to nick the white rings and rough them up. Obviously the top two holes are more of what you see from players view, but all light up and its a nice effect!

[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip!

2 months later
#5231 1 year ago

I can't think of a more fitting spot to get a ball stuck

IMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9094 (resized).JPGIMG_9094 (resized).JPG
4 months later
#5900 9 months ago
Quoted from Montanaman25:

Boys can anyone help me track down a hollywood lanes LED mod, I'll pay double what its worth.

Cpr9999 sells them. He’s on the mend right now.

7 months later
#7003 55 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I have this as well and love it.

Same

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=fossmin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.