542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (12 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Haven't done it but am considering a mylar wrap on the rug mech. I suspect that will take the most abuse and be hard to replace later. Anyone consider a power ball or using a black pinball for the bowling alley?

Mylar like we use on pins doesnt like to bend, be manipulated repeatedly and stay stuck.

2 years later
#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Does anyone know where I can find a service or pinball specific help to get my machine upstairs? its still in the box and I'm a little afraid of using a company that moves heavy objects like Safes or something because this is a big more fragile. I saw on the thread that someone did it but it looks like they disassembled quite a bit to make it work that I'm not experienced enough to do. I have larger stairwell and big doors all the way up.

You don't need to be worried about fragile. As long as you don't knock it over or drop it more than 6" you're not going to hurt it. As long as you have the width for the headbox to make it up and clearance to make any turns.. just unbox the game, but leave head folded, and use an appliance cart with a friend.

It's easier to move out of the box than in... and slightly lighter. A normal full height appliance cart you can get from Harbor Freight or equivalent for <$80 or rent. Hire some laborers if you can't do it yourself with a friend. Two people helps.

2 months later
#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Found this in the cabinet right side towards the back. Anyone have any ideas on where this came from as it's obviously longer than the playfeild is thick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

lots of PF parts and mechs mount from the bottom with those kinds of machine bolts. Look for open holes.. some even are behind PCBs. Just start looking around.

#4125 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Rensh, how do you cancel character multiball when the ball goes in the saucer and you want to collect more ? Thought had to try to avoid in order to collect more before starting?

You'll see a launch button cancel animation in the lower right of the screen for a timed amount if it's available.

5 months later
#5538 11 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

The build quality has been excellent since day one. You can’t really improve on perfection!

ehhh... you in the honeymoon phase or just high?

#5552 11 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve had it for over a year. Not sure what you’re even insinuating. You don’t even own one or have owned one according to your history sooooo….go away.

Because my pinside collection is what I've kept at home vs what I tech and operate?

I've helped rebuild a TBL that literally was in pieces... and we've operated a second TBL on location for over year... and helped support a third TBLs locally. That's 3 TBLs I have my hands in. So please look before leaping and putting your put foot in mouth.

I could go on and on about all the mechanical engineering 'we won't do that again' mistakes this game has. Or the lack of foresight many choices had. I appreciate you've had no issues with your game, but clearly you've never gotten your hands really dirty with it if you think it's 'perfection'.

From the blocked screws under PCBs, cheezy backglass wiring (or why the bg is like 10lbs to begin with), to blocked screws on top, to cheezy bent subway, to ball guides that need pads to have correct ball returns, to cheap cabinet construction techniques, to tolerances that allowed the bowling mech to destroy the main PCB, to tolerances that allow the rug mech to destroy the weak subway, to subway to scoop ball jams, to unsecured ribbon cables, to a mini PF that requires multiple steps to align, to malformed ramps that would trap balls, to divertors that would catch on the ramp, to bowling pins that would snap, and we could keep going too.

The game is great, but lacks a lot of the engineering experience other companies have refined. Some choices like the cabinet build look sexy from their wood choice, but their construction methods mean things like the head easily breaks and separates. Some choices like the subway make for easier sourcing on their part, but have been durability liabilities. Many revisions have addressed some of the most direct liabilities (like the divertor, the upper flipper, the motors, the bowling pins, the main PCB hitting the bowling mech) but many will never be addressed and unless you keep buying parts, you have what you have.

TBL is by far the game with the most downtime in our route and arcade and almost the biggest PITA to work on. Of course we still love it and am happy to route it -- but 'perfection' it is FAR FAR from.

like now I'm debating on the best way to route out the bottom of my MPF onsite because there isn't enough gap between the PCB and the board which caused the connector to fail. "but they fixed that!" - yeah, going forward.. and all the people without it, face the same potential issue.

Maybe by the end the game will be really good... but it's been a long journey.

#5562 11 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Given the known fixes/updates/revisions announced to-date, I would say the game in its most recent iteration will be about as reliable as any other Stern or JJP at this point…

There are still a lot of pain areas in the game. But they do continue to iterate on the small items. It just lacks a lot of servicability built into the design. Things you don’t realize until you really have to work on it.

Meanwhile I’m waiting on the post for my replacement parts to try to fix the mpf opto operation. And hope to get the subway redesigned so it won’t fail again

#5563 11 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Many but not all of those items have been addressed in recent builds, speaking of difficulty’s have you tried dialing in a NIB EHOH lately? Pop on over to the owners thread sometime. You know a lot better than me as an operator that lots of these games have their issues, but I get it some more than others.

Yeah i’m not trying to trash the game or call it garbage. But when people call its build perfection I’m calling it out…. I have plenty of games built far far better. Even gasp… the AP games which the biggest issue i have is only the way they mount their driver boards.

Watching a tbl head come apart just from a pallet drop is depressing enough.

#5571 11 months ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Another factor worth considering is that it appears many, if not most, of the known issues and associated fixes seem to well documented. Also, in browsing the TBL threads, I noticed that stakeholders at Dutch Pinball are actively engaged, and seem genuinely interested in helping solve issues.

The service faq rensh has put together is pure gold

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.