IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, I tell you what....only 20-30 minutes in, and my Bowling Alley plastic overlay is taking a beating, scratch wise. I polished away on those balls, but alas, here we are...it is what it is right now. The game is too damn fun to stop playing, after taking the time to do all the pre 'work'.

I’d be curious to see if it’s the same playfield cover you find in Creature from the Black Lagoon or Munsters Premium/LE could probably get a new one for $90. I’d be more concerned about what those balls might be doing to the clearcoat/playfield itself. I’ve got a TBL on order and would like to know if these fit. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-1079

#5070 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I believe this is the one you would be looking for. The Stern ones won’t fit…
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8702

Ahh yes, thank you..the only one I could find for Creature/Congo was tinted green for some reason. Has anyone verified that these fit TBL??

3 months later
#5649 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Fired up my TBL today and the screen says "coin door open, low voltage" and won't change, no service buttons work. Messing with the voltage switch is not helping either. Has anyone experienced this?

I experienced the same thing on my Willy Wonka. It ended up being one of the ground wires in the 9 pin harness that connects the coin door to the I/O board. There were two black ground wires shoved into the molex pin in the harness. Will most likely need a multimeter to troubleshoot continuity through that length of wire back to the board. Could also be one of the wires on the interlock switch that senses when the coin door is open/closed.

#5650 11 months ago

Took me a while to figure out what was happening..especially without any coin door button functionality. Can’t access the menu etc without them. If you’ve lost all coin door buttons but the coin slots are still lit up (getting power) I’ll bet it’s one of the ground wires came loose.

2 weeks later
#5717 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

New owner here, love the game and see what the hype was about!
I've tried to find out if anyone has a fix for an issue I'm having, and can't find anything so I'll ask fellow owners here.
On a quick drain, the ball is not being given back. I hear it trying to load a ball, and it just clicks and then goes to ball 2/3. I am also having random loss of flippers for a second or two, then they come back. Could these issues be related?
And at other times, it seems to struggle loading a ball and just keeps trying.
Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like your machine is not pitched and or leveled properly. Having a machine leaning to one side or the other can affect a number of things. In this instance the balls not sitting in the trough properly to break the opto and register the drain. Then the trough kicker is not hitting the balls on center and just glancing off. Just a guess. Get a small bubble level that fits between the slingshots.

#5734 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Thanks for the reply. I checked level, all good.
While playing last night, I noticed the main issue is the flippers are cutting out for 2-4 seconds. This is happening often now. They come back, but by then I've drained and it ruins my game. The ball ejection issues still happen, it's like for each ball sent into shooter lane, it needs 3-4 strikes to get it there.
The flippers cutting out is maddening!
Any ideas anyone?

Check to see if your trough upkicker coil/post is striking the center of the ball. The ball waiting to be launched into the shooter lane should come to rest in a round hole then the coil plunger/post should hit it dead center from underneath. If not you might have to shim it with a couple washers where the coil bracket mounts.

1 month later
#5859 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Do I want to own this game?
The synopsis I’m getting here is:
-Expensive
-Long order/receipt cycle
-Problematic playfields and toys
-Amazing integration of an awesome theme
-Decent, but not outstanding pinball game
I would be planning for a late 2024 acquisition if I were to. Should I wait a bit more to see what happens at Dutch?

For me personally buying a new machine is all about mitigating risk of losing money on that machine over the course of time. So far every machine I’ve ever bought/sold, no money lost, made thousands on some. Being able to play a machine for a couple years and sell it for what I bought it for or more is cheap entertainment at its finest. The risk of losing money on a TBL is very minimal. Opposed to a Stern Pro/Premium, JJP, Spooky. But you don’t have to wait a year and a half to get those so that’s the trade off I guess.

I have plenty of machines of different manufacturers so waiting isn’t a big deal. I’m just frustrated with the distributor itself more than anything. Every manufacturer product is likely to have some issues. I’ve unboxed a Stern Pro and they had the wires soldered wrong on one of the RGB lights, took a lot of my time to figure it out. If you want a new machine and don’t want to wait forever, something that plays like a Bally/Williams…?? Cactus Canyon SE+/LE would be cheaper. Even though the LE’s are selling for over MSRP, their value will in all likelihood go up once the supply runs out.

3 months later
#6174 6 months ago

Did you ever get that 12/5V power supply I sent back to you Rens?

Really hope you guys acquire some more distributors in the U.S. before announcing your next title. Would love to own another one of your products but I don’t think I can handle another lackluster Cointaker transaction in this lifetime. I’ve gotten 3 machines from CT in the last year only because they had exclusive distribution rights with both Pinball Brothers and DP. Pinball Brothers recently fixed this same issue. Time to allow for competition…not in price but communication/honesty/overall experience!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=edub919 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.