542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (12 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbernd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2206 2 years ago

I joined the club yesterday with #507.
Have a nice time, Dudes!

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That means - between Feb and end May roughly speaking DP produced 54 games. That is 13.5 games per month - might be a long wait for some of us yet.
FYI

I got the pinball not directly from DP, but from a distributer in the Netherlands, who had the game „in stock“.
So the number maybe doesn‘t reflect the state of production...

3 weeks later
#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am afraid the answer is yes. There are no fuses per flipper. Luckily this is a small PCB and rather easy to replace if my memory serves me right. Best way forward is I think now to contact DP how to proceed.

Hi Rens,
after approx. 20 games without any problems I suddenly got a similiar issue with the right flipper.
During gameplay I saw the right flipper loosing it’s function. Slowly but surely. Finally the coil didn‘t work anymore…
What I did:
1. Coil test -> right flipper with no function (left flipper normal)
2. Switched connectors on the small PCB left<->right -> both !!! flipper coils working in coil test -> so, no issue with the coil or the soldering of the coil!?
3. Switched back the connectors -> right flipper first working a few times, then less often, then dying again…
But how can that be? (since both flipper coils are working perfecty when switching the connectors!)
Could it be an issue with the small PCB?
Do you have any idea how to proceed?
Perhaps a loose wiring in the connector!? I will check that tomorrow…

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hi Rens,
2. Switched connectors on the small PCB left<->right -> both !!! flipper coils working in coil test -> so, no issue with the coil or the soldering of the coil!?

…problem solved!

It was so easy, just pressed the wires deep into the connector

For switching coils one has to twist the connectors. So there’s some tension on the wires and they get in contact again.
That explains why everything worked after switching left<->right.

1 week later
#2313 2 years ago

All of a sudden a new issue came to life: GI flickering, flashers constant on, playfield lamps confused…. turned the game off
Any ideas???

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like a confused Pdled. There are two of those controlling the GI inserts etc.
One is called pdled0 and the other one pdled1. They are daisy chained eg if a data line is corrupted due to no contact to pdled0 also pdled1 will be influenced. Best start is to make sure the pdled boards are properly seated on their piggy back connectors. Push on them to assure this. Are there screws in place which secure the boards to the piggy back.
Prior to pushing the boards touch a grounded spot first to get rid of any built up ESD.
Let me know how you get along.
Oh, and what is your serialnumber ?

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I will try…
My TBL is #507.

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You are welcome. Pls also post problems issues etc in the future in the maintenance thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/14#post-6360227
Thanks.

Ok. Is there any description of where all the parts, boards etc. are located? Did not find any information in manual, operation instructions etc….

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All documentation I have and made can be found at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0
In regard to location of the pdled boards, they are piggy backed to the big pcb below playfield and are labeled. You can’t miss them, no worries.

Thanks again. I have all your documents added to my dropbox already (well done!)
Will there be a parts list being added in the future?

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is on my wishlist as well but don’t think this will happen soon, sorry
Getting TBLs out the door is just prio 1 and you can’t imagine how much time it’s costing nowadays to get parts in, on time and in the right quality without paying a fortune
So frustrating to have finally financing in place, personal trained and hired, bigger building rented so let’s role and than the supply chain is failing …

Problem solved (pdled-boards pressed a little back into the connectors and tightened the screws)…
Thank you very much for your great support, Rens!

And for DP all the best for the future!

1 month later
#2524 2 years ago

...is there a special requirement concerning the USB? Format, size? Did not see any information on this

1 week later
#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

How is everyone finding the latest code update? What improvements in play is there? How does the game run etc please?

Did you notice the changelog? https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php

1 week later
#2596 2 years ago

Hello everyone,
I notice that the rug light is often hit by balls that bounce back from the post between the right loop and the Jesus shot.
Has anyone tried to find a solution here? I'm thinking of putting the lamp a little higher, so to extend the post ...

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I would like to try a solution witch a plastic to cover airballs which are caused by the post... But i have to do some test first to see if it's possible

…thanks Dude, that could be the solution indeed!

I just tested a first prototype made of 1 mm Macrolon (easy to cut with scissors, easy to bend), 10 minutes work.
Seems to work. Played a few games with this shield and did not notice any more hits at the light.
And from player‘s perspective it‘s hardly visible

A7AE467E-4DD3-4E12-94F7-18AAE9BE5FD3 (resized).jpegA7AE467E-4DD3-4E12-94F7-18AAE9BE5FD3 (resized).jpegD9232E00-F12C-491F-935B-B02BED542409 (resized).jpegD9232E00-F12C-491F-935B-B02BED542409 (resized).jpegC024BC58-54B5-4EBE-B0A5-D97B68120231 (resized).jpegC024BC58-54B5-4EBE-B0A5-D97B68120231 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2702 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not finding a poster with the alias “TheDudesMods” .?.?.?

…it‘s just one click away

6CF29AC8-2498-44AD-A870-762B647A8AE7 (resized).jpeg6CF29AC8-2498-44AD-A870-762B647A8AE7 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

…the BA window needs to be flush to avoid balls jumping of the left ramp.

…I have a playfield protector installed, but I find that this happens from time to time.
In my opinion it depends on the style you play the game. I prefer a controlled style, and thus it almost never happens.
But if someone prefers a faster gameplay - more often „on the fly“ - that might be a problem indeed.

1 week later
#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Is the upper playfield and bowling ally lower pf any fun? Game looks amazing but I’m not a big upper playfield fan. But the theme makes me want to order one. Only one I’ve played was set up with upper playfield missing bands and it sort of messed with my experience.

…in my opinion this upper playfield is one of the best I‘ve experienced so far (beside Alice Cooper’s NC )
It‘s fully integrated in gameplay with one of three skill shots, it has a cool bash toy with three modes (car), one main function is progressing to „let go bowling“ by playing loops, it plays a central role in certain rug modes (e.g. the targets to complete Ransom Note) and you have a controlled! play up there. A lot of things to do on such a small area.

3 weeks later
#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe a silly question...wouldn't mylar accomplish the same desired "fix". I use it on ball drop areas ( mainly to protect the playfield) , but seems in this case it could be used effectively to protect the ball from some of the sharper areas down there, without impeding the ball roll, or potentially wearing and " crumbling" over time, which many rubber pads tend to do...thoughts? Anyone try this?

I used 0.5 mm thick macrolon to cover the blank metal. I guess there are many solutions…

1 month later
#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Well dang it.. I was sitting on an extremely boring zoom meeting that was dragging on and on... and pulled the trigger on a 13k version of TBL on cointaker. Crazy times. So, what are the actual chances of getting a game? Are people getting these delivered on a regular basis? Is it super fun? I should have probably done this research before blowing $1k on a deposit. So now I have deposits on 3 games that will probably all take over a year to get here. So here's to early 2023!
Fathom Mermaid
Godzilla Premium
TBL

Not really a big research for getting an idea about the fun factor: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/big-lebowski/ratings

1 month later
#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from springer77:

Hi, my new TBL will arrive next week!
Will it be necessary to put a playfield protection?
Is the playfield as delicate as in the Stern?
Thanks!

…like Tom said before - it depends. If you really play your machines and you would like to preserve the condition, you should consider installing a PF protector. I did so aprox. 1 year ago and it plays fine, just a few adjustments of switches required.
I‘m happy with my decision as my TBL is played REALLY often (approx. 1000 games in the first year)

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

It’s the saucer kicker that’s stuck not the trampoline, my apologies.

After trying to get more reliable kick outs from the saucer by adjusting the assembly or the coil strenght (without success) I finally extended the tip of the plunger by about 2mm with a piece of silicone tubing. Now the ball ejection from the saucer works 100%.

1 month later
#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

I'm not a owner yet (a few more months wait) but had the chance to play the game last weekend at a local festival. I noticed the sides of the plastic ramps look ready to break on a strong ball. Do any of you guys have experienced issues with those ramps yet?

….more than 1.000 games played within 10 months, no issues with the ramps.

1 week later
#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Based on my experience the epoxy just prolonged the inevitable. Rens said they were hoping the new pins were more durable, but I'm guessing they aren't if you have a newer machine. Taking the bowling alley out and replacing them, while not that difficult, isn't exactly a quick process.
I was thinking that a hollow or maybe even rubber bowling ball would be better since it just feeds through the bowling alley on a loop and isn't used for regular play. But that's if the ball hitting the pins is the issue. It could be the torque of them moving too, or a combination.

After loosing almost all original bowling pins and the first two out of ten new ABS bowling pins my solution was to install modified (self made from Pertinax) connectors between plungers and bowling pins (approx. 0.1“ longer than the original white plastics).
That prevents the bowling pins from hitting the metal rod of the row behind.

6E7C25BB-17E5-429F-BC49-55AF242B2B96 (resized).jpeg6E7C25BB-17E5-429F-BC49-55AF242B2B96 (resized).jpeg7BFB7580-8826-4B8B-9A00-3F703F1EE893 (resized).jpeg7BFB7580-8826-4B8B-9A00-3F703F1EE893 (resized).jpegC9756F1A-D26B-41AF-98E0-7A677B402739 (resized).jpegC9756F1A-D26B-41AF-98E0-7A677B402739 (resized).jpeg
#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

That is a very good solution. I wonder if putting a piece of soft velcro on the metal rod behind can also help.

Before I found my solution I put some old post rubbers on the metal rods behind - it doesn‘t work…

1 week later
#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Will these replacement pins be sent to Cointaker for distribution? I look everywhere in my machine and I am missing one. The one in the third row in the middle never made it...
[quoted image]

…you will probably find it underneath the bowling alley in the shouterlane

#3455 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Dang! it was exactly in the middle where the ball shots up. It was a pain to get out! I was able to find it after really looking inside...

…they always land at the bottom of the launch (shooter ) lane

#3460 1 year ago

…what about using a rubber ring instead of a piece of tube? I already found my own solution, but maybe that‘s worth a try too.

#3469 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Any news on the next code update drop? Or a sneak peek at code testing in progress?

Latest news: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/69#post-6873214

3 months later
#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Random but TBL mod related question...
Anyone know of a place, perhaps in Seattle / WA state, or even an online service that will do ad hoc "pad printing" onto a pinball?
I have a couple colored, kevlar coated 'glo-balls' that I want to make look like actual Brunswick bowling balls (for use as the TBL alley ball of course).
I'm told from another company who does laser etching that such a process wouldn't work. They advised "pad printing" instead. So I'm just trying to find a place I could pay to send the 2 glo-balls to to pad print a logo + finger holes in white. I have a vector images. I've looked into getting custom stencils made from them which I could then use to paint the balls myself. However, given how small the printed 'images' would need to be (like 0.5 inches), I think that would be riddled with human error in the end. Plus a clearcoat would need to be applied I think. I know I could spend like $300+ to buy a manual pad printer and DIY, but just want these 2 balls painted/printed. Appreciate any insight!

I just wanted to make the ball in the bowling alley look different, so tempering the steel up to approx. 540 °F worked fine for me to get a purple surface. Maybe worth a try at low costs!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering_(metallurgy)

3 weeks later
#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Another question I had - anyone else getting significant airball hitting the "Rug Lamp"? I noticed it seems to be after hitting the white circular post.
I attempted to tighten down the "Rug Lamp" screw, which helped, but still taking a beating. And the ball has been caught at least once here, requiring glass removal.
The light was completely reversed in the wrong direction at one point too[quoted image][quoted image]

…you can find my solution in post #2604

1 month later
#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Joined the club a couple days ago. This pin is awesome. What’s a good score ? So far I only put up just over 20,597,000. Has anyone bought the Hologram topper. If so how is it ?
[quoted image]

This could be a good score, but in a 5-ball-game

631293E8-891B-4799-8910-FE74A7220D1A (resized).jpeg631293E8-891B-4799-8910-FE74A7220D1A (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#4475 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Has anyone done a successful export of their database to USB with v1.01? I am trying to do a backup and it sits on Database File (Exporting) for hours at a time. When I powered down the machine and looked at my USB stick, I didn't see anything written.
This is a 64GB USB stick, and has the v1.01 update on it (I successfully updated my machine from this stick) so the machine is seeing it.
I will let it run overnight in case it takes an exceptionally long time...

Maybe you should clear the USB before using it for the backup!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbernd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=drbernd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.