flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkjimbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is TBL the first pinball ARA built ?

Yes. They had never done anything like this.

5 months later
#855 4 years ago

How long were you on the list?

2 weeks later
#968 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Trying to get a feel on how fast these are getting made, when did you get on the list with Cointaker for a game?

You are looking at about 5-6 months at current pace if you get on the list now.

1 month later
#1206 3 years ago

I see a Xytech engineering sample for sale here. Does anyone really know the ins and outs of how that differs from the standard ARA/current DP builds? How risky is it to take on a 1 of 3 in existence engineering sample of a game that already has limited documentation and info? Obviously Xytech won’t be of any use as far as support goes. Just curious the thoughts of the group.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm
It’s indeed a little more risky as the boards below the playfield are totally different compared to ARA. I also suspect some software settings might be different because of these different boards and perhaps blocking future software updates on this game. This is something you should really check with Barry.
For the rest of the hardware I think they are almost if not exactly the same.

Here is another question that I'm not sure has been asked or addressed - were there any lessons learned from the Xytech experience that have informed or compelled changes to the current crop of games being built? Changes to electronics, mechanics, etc? The engineering on this game is now over 5 years old and especially with electronics, that is a lifetime.

Is there a list of known upgrades, changes or improvements between the original 50 games (and the hostage ARA games that sat for years) and the new games coming out now?

2 weeks later
#1241 3 years ago

Love the concept but something about the proportion and proximity of the holes to each other just appears “off”. I wish the holes had been more proportional to the diameter of the ball to create a more realistic look of a bowling ball. Look at the mod couple mod for the little ball return balls. The holes on those are totally proportional to the ball return and the ball itself which contributes to the overall look and quality.

4 weeks later
#1291 3 years ago

I did a search and came up empty -

Does anyone know if Invisiglass from cointaker (says it fits stern games) will fit TBL? How about PDI glass?

1 week later
#1307 3 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! These still trading hands on the open market at $15000? Looks like it has mods - at least the new button mod is visible.

1 week later
#1350 3 years ago

There is also a ready detailed and helpful maintenance thread here with info on some common issues some games have had. My game arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait!!! Been waiting for this moment since late 2016!

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Question to the owners.
I have my TBL already some time without any real issues. Played this week another TBL which was out of the box I think like a month and during game 1 the bal drained but this wasn’t noticed. Only way out was off-on.
Two days later I played my TBL and exactly the same happened during bal 3!! This for the first time that I can remember. Checked the ball through switches and all 5 registered. Only way out was off-on
Any other people experienced the same?

Have you looked in the trough? I got my game yesterday and have it leveled perfectly. Occasionally when the ball drains it doesn't recongnize but its not because of switches or some error - its because the ball is just sitting in the top of the trough and not rolling down. I just posted in the maintenance thread as well. I am going to try to add some washers between the screws and the playfield at the leading end of the trough to make the angle steeper and see if that helps. Any other thoughts from the group??

#1363 3 years ago

Lets talk about the right gate assembly and its function. It has been recorded by a few owners that this gate can get hung up. Pretty much right out of the box last week the gate exhibited issues of not being able to open fast enough on well placed shots up the Donny orbit shot. I took apart the assembly twice now to see if I could figure it out.

As others have mentioned, there can be a clearance issue of the spring's position within the hole causing it to drag on the edge of the hole. This was also the case in mine. At first I bent the arm on the gate assembly itself to alter the position of the spring within the hole. That seemed to help but I could still feel drag on the spring. It was not suspended cleanly in the hole.

To finally solve the issue I ended up doing 2 things.

1. Shorten the spring by about 1/8" and create a new loop on the cut end so the spring didn't have so much play.
2. By using the screw closest to the subway under the playfield as the pivot-point, I rotated the assembly about 1/4" clockwise and tapped a new screw hole for the 2nd of the two mounting points. This allows for the gate assembly to float at the dead-center of the hole in the playfield.

In doing so the drag issue has been 100% resolved however sometimes during games the gate doesn't open but I think I have finally understood the intent of that gate and the logic behind it.

If the intent was for the Donny shot to always orbit then that gate wouldn't even be necessary so why is it there? Perhaps this is common knowledge of the ruleset but I thought I would write it down for anyone who might be struggling with this same issue.

The gate only lifts - thereby allowing the ball to orbit - while you are qualifying (lighting the DONNY lights) Donny Character. Once you have qualified Donny and prior to starting Character multiball, and still hit the Donny shot, the gate does not open and drops the ball into the pop bumpers. Also, the gate will open during other modes where you have to hit the orbits but otherwise, the game wont let you orbit from the left side.

#1364 3 years ago

Been thinking about this too - the playfield metal trim / rails / ball guides. Two things stand out. The finish on all of that metal is extremely dull and takes a beating, shows ball trails and wear immediately. The edges are a bit rough and where they are curved, the ramp diverter for example, they aren't actually curved, its manufactured / bent in a segmented fashion and not a true curve. It performs functionally but the appearance is a bit odd.

It would be quite a bit of work to tear down essentially the entire playfield but I wonder how much of an improvement it would be to take all of that metal, clean up the edges and have it powdercoated / chromed. Anyone else ever consider this?

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Could you please take some pics showing the finish, edges, and build in general?

You can see what I mean throughout the image gallery in this thread. Its the same production technique and materials used since day-one and is true of all machines.

#1377 3 years ago

That metal looks SOOO MUCH BETTER! imagine doing the entire game with that new finish, what is that? Did you polish it yourself? What was the process?

#1378 3 years ago

Does anyone actually understand how the coil strength settings work? The value says "MS" and then depending on the coil gives a range of different numbers. How are owners to interpret that? Why is every coil (or set of similar coils) provided different values or a different range? Is it really adjusting "power" or is it adjusting responsiveness...speed.

If the values are responsiveness, one would conclude that the smaller the number the faster / snappier the coil.
If the values are "power", one would conclude that the larger the number, the harder the coils fire thus a snappier response.

What is correct? And what does MS mean? All I can come up with is "milliseconds" which is why I am wondering if "lowering" the number theoretically would improve performance.

I haven't done enough testing to actually notice if either of these are perceptible in play.

Anyone else have thoughts or concrete information on this?

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for your answer but as mentioned all through switches were triggered and active in the test menu. So you would expect it to see it drained the ball, how otherwise all switches would be active?
Anyway, once in over 1200 balls doesn’t bother me to much.

just had this happen for the first time yesterday!

This must be a bug. If the switches are registering then its got to be a software issue.

1 month later
#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

After
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey How is this holding up over time? I am still thinking about tearing down my game to send off all visible metal parts for refinishing. Would love an update on this!

1 week later
#1454 3 years ago

I am about ready to tear down my machine to take all the metal off and send it out to powdercoat. I need to tighten the screw on that car (mine recently started to come loose - impacting how well and reliably the switches work up there) so I might as well go all-in and take it apart. I am scared half to death to dismantle a machine I paid so much money for but I have nothing but time since the machine will never leave my collection, might as well take it offline for a bit. Wish me luck!

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Powdercoat? Are you going to give the ballguides a color?
And if you do it now you have the comfort knowing the machine is still in production eg in the unlikely case you break something it’s available. When you look further down the road you don’t know that.

Thinking about copper. That one guys machine looked great with copper ramps, legs and lockdown bar, rails. Why not take it a step further and do ALL the exposed metal in copper??

#1459 3 years ago

PinballplAting.com already does the wire ramps and apron wire form as a set in copper - check it out.

7D65638B-8309-4BF6-9EAA-8347C7DAF6DE (resized).png7D65638B-8309-4BF6-9EAA-8347C7DAF6DE (resized).png
1 week later
#1495 3 years ago

So my game has the same orbit issues / drains coming around from right to left but my game actually gets the ball closer to the right flipper, not the left. I am looking at FATTER post rubber for they lost to bend the rail further and make the ball hit the right flipper.

#1500 3 years ago

I just added some adhesive backed 1/4” weather strip foam to the top of the existing foam on the two lock targets and it’s already made a world of difference to slow down riccochet and airballs.

1 week later
#1513 3 years ago

Those switches need to be replaced with reinforced ones like stern uses where that metal plate has a Small return leg turned backward along the entire length that adds rigidity.

1 week later
#1528 3 years ago

Is it not just any old bally Williams lockdown bar in chrome finish?

1 week later
#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

That doesn't explain why they are collecting payments in full when claiming that they are taking payments only when games are ready to ship.

I got mine about 10 weeks or so after payment in full.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

No, DHL is shipping the games to Cointaker then Cointaker re-ships them

That wasn’t the case for mine. It shipped direct from DP to my door. I tracked it via the DHL the whole way. Took about 6 Business days door to door.

#1567 3 years ago

Cointaker is relying on Dutch Pinball for information who is relying on multiple parts vendors for information while also relying on DHL for information and everyone's information is tied up to global COVID information which means ALL of the information is to some extent unreliable....

I don't blame CT at all. I got my game earlier this summer and CT was always responsive, even if there wasn't any real update, I always 100% knew that they were on top of the situation, my money was safe and my game would eventually arrive, which it did!

I get the anxiety and impatience around this and you might be thinking "easy for you to say! you have your game!" but believe me, but as someone who already went through the process, its worth the wait and there is no reason to be concerned. Worst case, you get your money back in full. Any other case, the game will arrive...and probably sooner than you or I will get our GNR on order at this point!

1 month later
#1642 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to replacement stand up targets (stronger metal) and the stern-style roll over switches? What about the gate assembly in the back orbit? I wish DP Would publish a parts manual

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Looks like I'm geeting this ubanutu error on my TBL. Is there anyone that has detailed instructions about how to begin repairing this on TBL

Yes it was easy - check out the “TBL” maintenance thread, the instructions are pretty clear. You’ll need a usb keyboard.

Happened to my machine about a month after I got it, did the commands as indicated in that thread and it’s never happened again.

#1657 3 years ago

Accidental duplicate post

1 month later
#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

0.51[quoted image][quoted image]

why is your light trampoline target reporting closed in switch test? take a look at that, it should NOT be on this list in switch test.

1 week later
#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from elmax75:

Hello, i tried to bent the sw50 like Barry suggested me but not very usefel effect, in test mode the rug is working well. I think it could be fixed in software, because the sw is activated if the rug didnt made his back move, the software could have to try again a move until the sw 50 is off.

The game ships with multiple versions of the code onboard you can switch between. Have you tried to change your code version and play a few games?

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Dear highdef
First of all plsd to read your problem is fixed. I had yesterday a contact with a Scott reporting same issue and I asked him to check status active switches but havent heard back from him (yet). This was prior to this post.
When you reported it first time I did try to duplicate it on my TBL but my tilt remained working. I did just a more serious try with shorting the trampoline target permanent and tried several conditions, inlcuding booting with short in place but cannt duplicate it. So it remains a bit of a mystery but lets just enjoy the fact it works now
Than your other kind words, THANK YOU. I do my best to lent a helping hand but comparing me with the great LTG, that are big shoes to fill

Glad that worked out!! That trampoline switch gets wedged behind the posts occasionally for me too. Just keep an eye on that.

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'm thinking about putting down a deposit on this machine - any insights on the game that anyone can offer? It's so rare, and therefore I won't be able to play it before dropped $11,500... Looks really awesome! I would really tie my game room together...

It’s 12,500 plus shipping actually....and worth every penny!!! Tons of good in depth reviews. Watch straight down the middle YouTube review. Pretty balanced and very detailed review. If you love the movie...like really love the movie..you’ll score it higher than they did. And by the way, code updates are on the way for the first time in several years!

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Nice! I'll check out the review on YouTube - thanks! And yes, I'm a very big fan of the movie. Is it wrong that I am already shopping for the rug to go under it?

It comes with a rug!!!!

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

Hi guys, I'm coming back to you for the tilt of the pinball machine...
I was told a tilt of the plate of 6.5 ° which would mean that the underside of the pinball machine is horizontal ? the 4 feet would be equal ?
thank's

6.5 is too shallow for this game. Way to many bad bounces and airballs and rejects off standup targets going straight down the middle at the speed of a bullet. 7.0-7.2 seems to be the sweet spot for me

#1819 3 years ago

The other thing I would as is that it is worth it to experiment with the slingshot coil strength and flipper coil strength. The slings need to be pulled down from factory settings in my opinion. just too much force out of the box. The flippers are ok at factory strength but I turned down the right one several points on the menu option. These changes have helped slow down and smooth out gameplay a bit for me.

1 week later
#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Alpha testing version 0.54
Is first of all meant for some debugging and improve holdcoil power but programmer managed to squeeze some extras in, like a real extra: extra ball is coded
But some additional light effect, scoring, enhancement of Nihilist mode etc is there to.
But first testing has to be finished, for sure some debugging is needed as with all software and than public release. So guess it will be several weeks. But it’s a good sign of progress made
[quoted image]

Awesome news!!!! thanks for Sharing - lots to look forward to for current owners on this!

1 week later
#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm back in the club, was one of the original EA owners but panicked and sold the game way too early. Glad to now get it back and excited for some code updates!

Welcome back! Sold high and bought low I imagine you made a good financial choice in that sense given where prices were and are now!

1 week later
#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I was wondering the same? I can almost slip a finger through on the front of the bar seems like a lot of overhang. My others aren’t like this maybe I’m missing an adjustment or something?

I added a 1/4” wide weather strip full length on the underside of the lockdown bar - cost 50 cents and the bar is MUCH tighter and has a better feel to it.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s not only a visual warning but also audio in Lebowski style ofcourse
Koen is the man. There are three quotes of which one is random picked
See
https://photos.app.goo.gl/s12R56Tq7KwPo1mv7

This is fantastic. Added value and depth to the game and very much on-theme! Really excited to get the new code in hand!!! I’ve been purposefully NOT playing my game waiting for the new code!

#1916 3 years ago

Excellent manual!!! All it needs is wiring schematics and a parts list / Bill of Materials

1 week later
#1922 3 years ago

Huge code update!!!!!!! Going to install tonight Andie play! Cant wait!

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The one thing this game desperately needed was an updated code. Well done dp!
Does anyone have a stream going? I want to see some of it.

I don’t have a streaming rig but just played 10 games or so.

Polish, polish and more shiny polish! Love the updates! Gameplay is a little deeper (with extra balls coded in and add-a-ball for nihilist mode, etc) but the biggest benefits here to me is all the new polish. Some new light shows, callouts, clever use of lights to attract your attention, new screen graphics and animations, easier to follow your progress on screen during gameplay, new diagnostic tools and settings within the menus, tweaks to the scoring and multipliers, bowling alley tweaks (love the new lighting there too) This is a really great step in the right direction.

Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Did mine also. Easy peasy. How many LBs are on the market at this point approximately????
Time

On the market for sale? Looks like only one here. In existence? Probably around 300 now or so? Just a guess.

#1973 3 years ago

There has been mention of modifying the code to replace music with the actual original sound tracks by the original artists. Does anyone have experience with that they are willing to share?

1 month later
#2166 2 years ago

I have both as well - they are entirety different and scratch totally different itches for me. I’ve been playing a lot more GNR lately but only because it’s newer to me. TBL (and frankly everything else that’s NOT GNR) is feeling very “traditional” these days. GNR is just another level across the board.

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm a huge code guy, love my wizard modes!
My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.
For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.
Is that accurate?

It is extremely hard to get through the objectives on factory settings on 3 ball play. In fact its a much more enjoyable game with the settings lightened up - you get to see much more of the game and the depth to the code and the usage of the assets is actually pretty great, if you can see it!

1 week later
#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

EA games are assigned EA #'s (EA-01, EA-02, EA-03, etc.). Not sure how these relate to the other TBL game #'s being assigned.
The "Early Achievers" moniker is a play on the "Little Lebowski Urban Achievers" in the movie and is the group of 190+ pinheads that pre-ordered the game (up to 7 years ago now). Since losing its lawsuit with ARA (former TBL contract manufacturer), Dutch Pinball has promised to get all EA's their fully paid for games, but has said it can only financially do so by manufacturing one for every 3 games that it currently sells and manufactures. Unfortunately, this ratio hasn't proven to be financially feasible apparently.

And if new buyers dry up, that effectively shuts down all hope of further EA's getting games. They seem to me moving forward ok here...slowly...very slowly...but people have gotten their EA games. As more used games change hands, that also scratches the itch for potential new buyers who are now out of the market for a new one so the pace at which new games are built is critical to fulfilling EA orders.

DP knows right this very moment how many orders are in so by the same accounting, they know exactly how many more EA games they can provide as a result. Has anyone ever asked if the current backlog of game orders for new buyers is sufficient to cover all of the EA games at the ratio they are currently producing them (1 EA : 4 NIB buyers).

DP could have other revenue streams too - ALOT of current owners will want the lighted apron. How about a DP authentic topper? We all see the ridiculous topper insanity going on. They could sell under cabinet / back cabinet light kits, official side art blades, etc. They are leaving a lot on the table...they need to expand their offerings.

1 month later
#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Putting some games on TBL, and noticed ball gauges & scratches.. changed balls and after a few plays same thing.
I know there was talk of balls becoming scratched. Did anyone pinpoint what the cause was? I think it may be the scoop hole protector so have ordered a Cliffy

The design of the game - primarily the use of the rough bent sheet metal subway and the exposed edges of ball guides do lead to ball damage really quickly. I feel like the game would just feel smoother and sound less clunky while playing if even the subway was replicated with vacuum formed plastic like most other games subways. The less metal on metal contact, the better.

1 month later
#2491 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

for me, only a fast shot through donny will send it in the middle. I adjusted the level of the machine to help reduce that down. Never does it for maude. but maude always stops it for the pops.

If your Maude shot is always stopping the ball Into the pops you likely have a mech issue with your ball gate up there. I had to mess with mine for months (bending the mech, cutting and shortening the spring, adjusting mount points for the coil underneath, you name it. The ball gate was just too far down in the “neutral” position so anything more than a very slow orbit would never get around because the ball gate wouldn’t open fast enough - it had too far to travel.

Take a look…

4 weeks later
#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

This is a fantastic idea. This game has a handful of these painful metal on metal contact points that lead to instant ball damage. I really wish someone would make a vacuum formed subway as well. That metal one kills the ball too.

#2696 2 years ago

Does the light stay on all the time or is it tied to the lights under the roof so they go off at certain points during gameplay, etc?

5 months later
#3242 2 years ago

This is just sad and tells the story of the pinball hobby at this moment. The hobby is simply infested with people who are in this for no reason but to flip for profit. Clearly no intention to open and enjoy these games. And it’s not just this game but literally ever single game now. Pretty sad. What was for some a joyful moment to get their long awaited purchase is for others simply a mechanism to exploit and profit. Then people complain about manufacturers raising prices but can you blame them?? Don’t be shocked when this game goes up again in price to 15k NIB for new orders.

5D21F91E-9533-4A4B-8841-6FAA3F123E32 (resized).png5D21F91E-9533-4A4B-8841-6FAA3F123E32 (resized).png
#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Why are you including the "Big Lebowski - Mods" seller in with flippers? He makes great (and reasonably priced as mods go) accessories for TBL!

To clarify, that ad just happened to be in the screen shot. Totally agree with you! And I own some of his mods on my machine

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So ....I have always really wanted to have this game. I was signed up in the beginning but got out after all the initial problems. I have just recently been thinking about getting a machine but am not interested in paying a markup. How safe would it be to order a NIB at this point? What kind of realistic time-frame should I expect. Thanks for the help!

Its ZERO risk to make a deposit with Cointaker for one at this point. If DP goes belly-up, you get a refund. simple as that. Get in your deposit now because if these second hand flipper prices are any indicator, not to mention parts and supply chain issues, this game is due for another price hike...it was 9500, then 10,000, then 12,500 including air freight and now 13,000 plus shipping. Get in now before prices go up again.

Your wait will be AT LEAST a full year. Expect 18 months and be happy if it shows up faster.

Or just buy a used one for 15,000 or so and have it before the end of this month. The markup hasnt really been that high all things considered until the NIB flippers started going crazy on this most recent shipment from DP. Disappointing to see but not surprising...we shall see if anyone actually buys at those prices.

2 months later
#3467 1 year ago

Any news on the next code update drop? Or a sneak peek at code testing in progress?

3 months later
#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Can we talk TBL settings for a bit?
I've changed the rug mode setting so that you have to hit the rug just one time to unroll it for every mode. The further back the rug is, the harder it is to activate the switch. I've had a lot more fun playing the game this way.
Oh, and my TBL came with the bowling alley left gutter turned off, right turned on. Not sure why but I left it as is. I need to hit the pins on the left side a tad to activate that I've hit them. I don't know if that's because of the gutter settings or not.
Anyone else change rug mode hits to just one like I did or have the bowling alley settings this way too? What other settings have you changed?

On my game I maxed out the ball save timers, reduced the amount of target hits required for nihilist mode to 15, made the character shots required lower by one (to enable each character a bit easier). The game is really just too hard on default settings to see much of the game, especially for beginners and visitors.

1 month later
#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pleased to inform you that progress on software rel 1.00 is made, a lot of reported bugs have been solved and that, at the moment, a very realistic timeframe of October is thought of

Great news!!!!

How about another teaser video or image???

2 weeks later
#4099 1 year ago

Having an issue with this install. It installed the code no problem and got me back to the screen to select the version. I selected 1.00 and the machine rebooted and is now stuck in a loop where it shows a black screen with the ubuntu desktop text in the upper left, the wifi symbol in the upper right for a second then it shows the loading screen tumbleweed graphic for a split second and then back to the black screen over and over and over.

I turned the machine off and on, took out the USB drive and still the same thing.

How do i get this out of the boot loop??

#4102 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Same thing happen to me. Is this what you are getting in your display ?
[quoted image]

Nope, i followed the instructions on the post above yours linked to the manual and now it just stalls out at the black screen with ubuntu desktop in the corner and nothing else and doesnt do anything. i can get back into the command line but it doesnt seem to do anything to type that command:

echo 0.57 > /home/dp/tbl/version

by the way, it looks like there are spaces as i typed it when reading out of the manual...i dont know computer programming, are the spaces required when typing commands?

Als worth noting, when i hit "alt/F2" it takes me to a more graphical interface with icons for history below and a more clean looking command line. when i run the command above here, it doesnt seem to do anyhting.

im dead in the water on the blank ubuntu desktop screen now...

#4104 1 year ago

making progress...

i followed the instructions on my machine that are on page 240 in the manual and was able to get it to go back to version 0.56. I just deleted 1.00 in the menu and am now going to try to install again.

#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Spaces should be there.
Question, was 057 present on your TBL? IF it isnt it will not boot from there. As mentioned in the manual, 057 was just an example. Last official version was 059. So, question is, which version(s) are present on your TBL? If not deleted almost all of them have 051 or 052 present

yup, i think this is where i was hung up. i did not have .057 - i had .056 and a ton of older versions. i just deleted everything other than .56 and .51 and am now going through the install again on 1.00

will report back shortly.

#4108 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

yup, i think this is where i was hung up. i did not have .057 - i had .056 and a ton of older versions. i just deleted everything other than .56 and .51 and am now going through the install again on 1.00
will report back shortly.

unfortunately, same issue.

install seeims to be successful and then when selecting 1.00 the reboot goes into the endless loop. i just put it back to 0.56 again...not sure what to try next?

could it be the usb stick? the usb input on the board i am using? i am going to try again now with a different USB stick.

EDIT: Still doesnt work with a different USB stick. same issues. goes into the boot loop. any thoughts?

#4109 1 year ago

I tried something else.

I had 0.56 on my machine to begin with. i decided to go ahead and try to load up 0.59 first. that worked with no issues.

Then when i went to install 1.00 i noticed the install process on screen was different (3 steps - copying, unzipping, installing) vs 2 steps and alot slower (about 5 minutes vs 10+ minutes) when trying to load to 1.00 from 0.56.

IT WORKED.

i would suggest anyone having problems and not already on 0.59 to upgrade to that version first.

#4112 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Deleted every update except last which is .55 I'm guessing 1.0 full update but just checking if you can update from .55?

i tried to go from 0.56 ---> 1.00 and it failed me all morning. Upgrade to 0.59 first, that was the trick for me!

#4132 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is there a menu option to eject the 5 balls from the trough prior to lifting the PF, or is it a manual process? I couldn’t find it, but then again, I may have overlooked it.

Just run the trough kick-out coil test 5 times. That’s what I do.

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from Gd2103:

I’m having the same issue as dkjimbo, I’m on the constant loop and when I hit alt f2, it takes me to an enter command screen but that is also on a loop, so it’s constantly flashing similar to the tumble weed loading screen. When I enter the echo command nothing happens, the screen just goes blank again after I hit enter and then back to the same loop with the tumble weed. How do I stop it from constantly looping?
[quoted image]

I had that same issue.

Follow the instructions on page 240 - control/alt/f1 to get to the command line that breaks the loop. Do the echo command from they line then power cycle to reboot to your previous code. Then update to 0.59 and then update to 1.00

1 month later
#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

US dominates the entire first half but down 2-0. Disappointing
Back to tbl - I took screenshots of what I’m talking about regarding no instructions on screen when playing modes. What an I missing?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The instructions are provided via on screen text and shot-specific flashing lights during the intro scene for every rug mode. The playfield lights also continue to pulse or flash to make it obvious what the goal is.

1 month later
#4944 1 year ago

This is turning into the Sneeches! All the star bellied sneeches were the best on the beaches talking about their newer machines with “updates” most of which are meaningless other than to improve and streamline fabrication. Now all of a sudden the non-star bellied sneeches (older TBL machines circus 2021 or earlier) are the best on the beaches.

#noplayfieldissues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkjimbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.