IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4681 1 year ago

Just about to join this club. Was almost an OG Early Achiever but didn’t happen for whatever reason. Turned out to be fortunate, but TBL has remained in my most wanted list ever since. Like most, I’d all but lost hope it would ever happen.

In October, managed to squeeze a NIB into one of my Europe containers and it’s due to dock 27th December. Unboxed allot of games since TBL was released, but haven’t been as excited for any as I am for TBL.

#4781 1 year ago

The only solution JJP and Stern have come up with is to move the art from around the posts/contact points. The digital printing process does not allow the art to adhere properly to the wood.

1 week later
#4818 1 year ago

So this arrived yesterday. Going to crack it open this weekend. Can’t wait!

740ED20A-9B01-4D38-B18B-45C022544392 (resized).jpeg740ED20A-9B01-4D38-B18B-45C022544392 (resized).jpeg
#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

cooked71
Is this from the big Aussie shipment arriving through Russell & co?

No. Had some space in my own containers.

#4835 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does this game come with HD/invisi glass?

You can order it as an add-on. Guessing it comes pre-installed if you do.

D02A8C97-3CBF-4A9E-B04E-5CF31C1AEB41 (resized).jpegD02A8C97-3CBF-4A9E-B04E-5CF31C1AEB41 (resized).jpeg
#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EXCEPT perhaps Toy Story 4 (it seems to be trouble free), which may have shown that he can solve the issue after 6 years of non-stop crap playfields.

Looks like JJP just moved the art from the posts which seems to work for Stern also. Be nice to know if Mirco changed anything on their end.

#4855 1 year ago

I think this will really tie the room together.

79E180A2-E78E-435C-A44E-CF1123379477 (resized).jpeg79E180A2-E78E-435C-A44E-CF1123379477 (resized).jpeg
#4857 1 year ago

Even from here the quality is next level. Very high end. And packaging first class.
3EFC6B54-3569-43DA-89C4-427EFA7589F2 (resized).jpeg3EFC6B54-3569-43DA-89C4-427EFA7589F2 (resized).jpeg9F85D165-4747-4058-B3AF-D14DCBEAA86A (resized).jpeg9F85D165-4747-4058-B3AF-D14DCBEAA86A (resized).jpegD7FB7F82-F33C-416D-9C89-4984E4B5A065 (resized).jpegD7FB7F82-F33C-416D-9C89-4984E4B5A065 (resized).jpegFD2A47B2-3E85-440E-ACD9-CCC1FEE2CEB8 (resized).jpegFD2A47B2-3E85-440E-ACD9-CCC1FEE2CEB8 (resized).jpeg
21E79FB8-5D02-4EA0-B31F-9505B0AEF25A (resized).jpeg21E79FB8-5D02-4EA0-B31F-9505B0AEF25A (resized).jpeg
AEF944E0-0DFA-4B15-A110-B2D53EA2C576 (resized).jpegAEF944E0-0DFA-4B15-A110-B2D53EA2C576 (resized).jpeg

533CA510-64CD-4CD8-B947-5B5954543FA6 (resized).jpeg533CA510-64CD-4CD8-B947-5B5954543FA6 (resized).jpeg
#4862 1 year ago

One word……wow! This is how you make a high end pinball machine.

286B3A81-5785-4D94-BB3F-B79E781E2B0C (resized).jpeg286B3A81-5785-4D94-BB3F-B79E781E2B0C (resized).jpeg493D51EF-25D7-4B0C-BE02-CC64695F14FD (resized).jpeg493D51EF-25D7-4B0C-BE02-CC64695F14FD (resized).jpeg638D7DCB-968D-4B52-BE4E-E0B114C766E8 (resized).jpeg638D7DCB-968D-4B52-BE4E-E0B114C766E8 (resized).jpeg95273BF8-77EB-4B45-9422-F8875133848E (resized).jpeg95273BF8-77EB-4B45-9422-F8875133848E (resized).jpegDBCA168F-2765-4F3E-9EEC-03CF0E9EC0E5 (resized).jpegDBCA168F-2765-4F3E-9EEC-03CF0E9EC0E5 (resized).jpeg
#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the display only crowd is usually the LE buyer market.

Definitely be playing mine, if it wears it wears. It looks pretty solid - rubber backed. Likely I’ll get sick of it though - I move my games around a bit - could get annoying. Otherwise I’ll get a spare.

#4877 1 year ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

there is also a project around the mirror backglass but I don't know if it will be offered directly by DP.

That would be nice.

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

rubber washers would work too, but I would fear the rubber fusing to the clearcoat. I've had rubber fuse to star posts before.

Firstly, those Titan washers are silicone, not rubber, and secondly, the recommendation is to firstly put Mylar rings down and the silicone ring on top. If there is any fusing, and I’ve never seen silicone fuse, it will be to the Mylar, not the clearcoat.

#4889 1 year ago

F u Mirco. Sick of this shit.

#4891 1 year ago

These playfields are the same as GNR and Wonka - no different from what I can tell. I've completely "pool proofed" both of those and this PF is no different. If you get in early you can protect it but it's a f*n pain in the ass. If you do it properly, it's hours of work before playing a game. I'm over it. Last time. These manufacturers need to stop supporting this sh*t.

#4909 1 year ago

Don’t get me wrong the game itself is fantastic, and overall build quality is extremely impressive. I’m just done with Mirco. The playfields look beautiful on first impression, but they will all eventually pool or chip around the posts unless protected. Companies like DP produce an exceptional game like TBL and Mirco’s product is not fit for purpose.

If Mirco can’t change his flawed manufacturing process, then DP at least need to change the art and move it from the contact points.

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Noticed a kit to prevent further damage in JJP GnR, also using Micro playfields
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/51-100GNR
Maybe we need this too on the TBL?

Just to clarify you don’t need this kit for TBL. There’s a couple of those spike posts, but they’re the correct size and fit, I’m unlike many of the GNR ones. Also those Marco kits will be imperial and Tbl is all metric.

You will need the PinMonk Mylar rings though.
And the silicone washers - you can buy Titan, or the Pinball life ones are the same and cheaper.

You also should protect more than the star posts around the slings Imo. The posts up in the pop area will be problematic.

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hmm, ok....so say you had a brand new TBL coming in...within the next 2-4 weeks (in theory). Would you be looking at basically the Silicon star post protectors that PBL has, and anything else? I'd rather get the PF sorted BEFORE I start playing, since I already know it is potentially prone to the Mirco factor.

You want these washers for the Star posts (minimum 8 posts but get a few more): https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0069-00-70

And these for the top narrow posts near the pops and the 2 spike posts near the outlanes (10 I think):
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0070-00-70

You want some of PinMonk s Mylar rings.

You’ll need some metric tools:

- T10 and T15 driver bits
- 7mm hex driver
(Dp use mostly the one size fitting which is handy).

I’ll go though a bit more later, but those are the parts I’d start with.

There’s a heap of posts ( including star posts) near and under the upper Pf but they don’t get much (or any) impact so likely won’t be a problem.

#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Some say put smaller metal washers some say 3/4” mylar rings from Titan which I already ordered. Should I just use smaller metal washers?

You need both the adhesive mylar ring which attaches to the playfield (from pinmonk), and then the silicone washer from Pinball Life or Titan. I wouldnt worry about the metal washer.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4942 1 year ago

Is there much change from 1.0 to 1.10 or just bug fixes?

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I had really bad pooling on my Alien LV, but the artwork had not yet come up off the Playfield. I literally just pointed a hot hairdryer at the pooling and within a few seconds it flattened out the pooling to the point I couldn't see it. I then applied mylar and silicon washers to stop it happening again.

Agree that people need to be cautious with the vinyl iron approach. Can be a very aggressive heat.

#4972 1 year ago

This game hands down has the best theme integration of any game I’ve owned.

All in all the game feels like a blend of AFM and MM with a really nice upper and lower pf for good measure.

Gameplay is on the easy side. I know it’s predominantly a mode based game, but any scoring strategies for the current code?

And I know I keep saying it, but (Mirco aside), the build quality on this is fantastic. Up there with, maybe better than, CGC.

If you catch the Mirco stuff early, it’s fine, and no doubt the playfields look gorgeous, and will be ok if protected. I feel for those that already have issues and I hope DP comes to the party to help. Mirco’s product is simply not fit for purpose and something needs to change.

#4979 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Just looked at my game, I do not have a ring on the star post.

Nor do I.

#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I have my MPF off for the first time for some maintenance (cleaning, new titans, plastic protectors, etc) and I've got a question for those that have been down this road already
There is a star post back in the Maude rollovers that doesn't have a rubber ring on it. Looking in the manual, it doesn't call for a ring there either.
Given the location (balls whipping around orbits, etc) I would have expected a rubber there to protect the post and the metal edge right next to it.
Any feedback here from those that have taken their machines apart? Should a ring go there? (I'd love to avoid having to take things apart again)
[quoted image]

How hard was it to remove the upper pf?

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

«according to Mirco, Newer playfields are not infected » answer from Dutch Pinball on monday when i have to confirmer my order.

That's bullsh*t. I will never trust a word Mirco sais.

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I just finished putting silicone spacers down for all the stars and post. Very little to notice around the slings, unfortunately there was pooling and a chip up in the bumper areas. My playfield is stamped july 15th 2022
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, pops area definitely needs attention as it did on GNR - it's not just slings as reported earlier.

Quoted from beltking:

Dutch can you add silicon while making the pin? Not looking forward to taking everything apart to add rings. I’ll pay extra to do it during production.

And then they need to remove the art from all the contact posts. It's the only solution while Mirco continues to stick his head up his *ss and pretends to himself nothing is wrong.

I would be happy to buy a replacement spare pf at heavily reduced price, but only once this has been done.

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

So where are people seeing issues? is it just under the starposts in the pops? has anyone seen an issue under the posts in the outlanes?

Pops and slings. Outlane posts were slightly indented, but the posts are the correct size for the hole so unlikely to have the same issues like GNR. I still protected those regardless.

I also did the 2 high impact posts as they cop it. They’re well supported and already had washers but worth doing anyway:

59FD794A-89BF-4E78-BA9F-2F85ED3EDD6D (resized).jpeg59FD794A-89BF-4E78-BA9F-2F85ED3EDD6D (resized).jpeg9ACA4260-1B11-444C-A9C0-B02DB8CD0DDE (resized).jpeg9ACA4260-1B11-444C-A9C0-B02DB8CD0DDE (resized).jpeg
#5059 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

If you want to see what John Turturro is up to lately check out Severance on Apple TV. That show would be a great pinball theme.[quoted image]

Fantastic series, but don’t think it would make a great pin. Can’t wait for the follow up season.

#5064 1 year ago

Anyone making protectors for the rug hole? Seems like the ball hits the exposed edge?

#5065 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Hey gang, I’ve been working with Sonic to get the measurements done on his MRS switch fix for the scoop………installed the part today and it absolutely worked perfectly, two screws to remove and unplug the roller switch, re used the screws and it’s plug and play with the fitting pre-installed. Couldn’t be happier! Yes, the original screws are pretty long for this piece and one of mine didn’t want to go through fully so I will address that later (my game is a little hard to work on where it currently sits under a low ceiling beam).
Thank you Matt, love your work and innovation for these switches. Now to get my IMDN back alley installed and working…….
[quoted image]

Sonic strikes again! Seems like every new game I get now, Sonic is there with the magic MRS solution to all mechanical switch shenanigans. Need to place another order for this fix as it’s just started playing up on line also. Wish they were generic so I could just order a dozen switches to have on hand.

#5079 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The vinyl repair iron heat seems to "set" the clear so it doesn't pool after that, for the treated area only. Others have reported success with a hair dryer, but I haven't tried this method. The vinyl iron makes more sense to me.
If you end up getting a pinmonk.com order and want me to get one of these irons for you to include with the shipment, let me know. I'll be happy to get one for you and you can just pay whatever it cost me and any shipping bump if the weight kicks it up.

Quoted from gumnut01:

I have experienced this with Pirates and one other pin. I refuse to buy another Jjp because of the problems I had with pirates. Jjp are oblivious to it and don’t seem to care. Having just bought a TBL which has not arrived yet I find this deeply troubling.
The problem with rubber or silicone washers is 2 fold:
1) it just pushes the pooling out to the edge of the washer. It does not stop the pooling. It may stop chipping since it is a softer material which may soak up some of the vibration.
2) it raises the height of the star washer which then causes the ball to slip under and get caught inside the slings. To fix this you need to swap to double star posts. The bottom groove on the double star post is lower than a single. But, This changes the height of the post which means the wireform returns will be slightly higher at the ends and a bit slower.
All of this I reported to JJP with pirates and they did not respond.
I think the best fix is the small heat iron which some pinsiders have used to with success. I don’t know if it fixes it from now on. Problem is I cannot source one in Australia.
What is heartening and making me keep my TBL order is the attitude of people like yourself. Any problem can be solved. Looking forward to what solution arises.

He'll need to get a voltage transformer also.

You also have to be very careful - those irons get really hot and can do more damage than the OG problem.

IMO the silicone doesn't just push the pooling to the edge - they are softer than the clear, so that shouldn't happen. Plastic or metal washers on the other hand do exactly that which is why silicone is preferred. The silicone absorbs the vibrations and provides a protective layer. The silicone combined with the mylar is in my experience the best solution so far. If I were Dutch i'd also be putting the mylar rings down also.

#5102 1 year ago

Is 1.1 current code? Where can I download it?

#5104 1 year ago

During multiball I sometimes get a ball stuck at the back of the bowling alley and it won’t get kicked out, even during ball search. Before I get in there and take the alley apart anyone else know if it’s just a switch issue or something else? I can see it sitting there just behind the pins.

Added 15 months ago:

Don’t worry, it’s just the switch. Of course the ball is always in the bowling alley lol. Forgot I put it in there originally. No need for ball search in bowling alley lol

Added 15 months ago:

Don’t worry, it’s just the switch. Of course the ball is always in the bowling alley lol. Forgot I put it in there originally. No need for ball search in bowling alley lol

#5105 1 year ago

On further investigation it looks like a switch issue. I have a MRS on the way for that.

But I’m not sure why the ball is there in the first place since I wasn’t bowling, I was in multiball?

And should Dutch include that kicker in the ball search?

Added 15 months ago:

Worked it out, see above.

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Take a look on page 35 lotta in & outs Lebowski maintenance thread I had same issue during multiball you’ll see the fix it’s not the switch.Sorry reading your post again you have a different issue altogether my bad

Thanks. Actually sounds like it may be the same issue. I’ll follow your tip in the other thread.

#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you elaborate a little bit, what washers did you do use, silicone (Titan), carbon fiber flat washers or? Did you have pooling already when you put them on?

Must be talking about the PETG plastic washers - carbon and silicon are not thick enough to have any meaningful effect on the height of the posts. And silicone is definitely not hard enough to push the clear to the edges.

1 week later
#5159 1 year ago

Is there any scoring advantage to stacking the character multiballs like on Medieval?

#5162 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's why there is a cancel option (when the saucer is lit for multiple actions). I always try to activate as many characters as possible before starting the character multiball.

Didn’t know that. Just from experience with MM, I’m always avoiding starting character multiball until I have most/all characters, but the ball sometimes just ends up in the saucer by accident. I assumed there was a benefit but didn’t know for sure.

What’s the cancel? Both button press?

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s the launch button, shown right bottom corner lcd display. Do note that option is only available when you have also bowling or mark it zero lit at the saucer.
Also found at the earlier mentioned page 90 of the operational manual. Just take a spare 15 minutes to walk through the rules in the manual

What’s a manual?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.