IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I have both mirror and art blades. The mirror is nice to get extra light in the back left corner but I thought it looked odd having a mirrored White Russian and garage. This look works for me. I got the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades from CoinTaker and the fit is just fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that's the first time I've seen that combo of side blades (mirror on one, art blade on the other)...but I must say, that looks pretty damn cool on this game.

#462 4 years ago

Hello everyone. Just got this game. Ive played about 10 games on it thus far; however, now there's a pop up on the monitor that says "System program problem detected" and two boxes with choices to "Cancel or Report the Problem"
Tried to turn game on/off, but after about 20 seconds, the notification comes up. The screen still playing in the background. Music still goes, Game still plays with this message on, all coils seem to fire. Nothing stands out on the board in the backbox or in the cabinet. I See no blown fuses with all red LEDs next to all fuses.
I was told this game is running the most recent available code.
Ive never had a machine that has a computer pop-up like this before...I have literally no idea where to go from here.
I need help. What do I do??
Thanks!

IMG_20191015_051809 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_051809 (resized).jpg
#467 4 years ago

Thanks for your response guys. I will look into that this evening. I appreciate you turning me on to this potential fix!

#468 4 years ago

Hey guys, question. I emailed with Barry and he said that this issue of this pop-up saying "system problem" was an easy fix and he let me know what to do. He told me to connect a keyboard and mouse to the cmouter, then follow some commands. So I took a keyboard and mouse from work, both with their own USB connections, but problem is, I'm looking everywhere in the machine and I dont see anywhere obvious to connect these USBs to. I feel like an idiot.
Can someone let me know where to look.
Thanks!

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Take out Translite
Top Left computer
Along the top- you will see wires- 2nd block In I think - has USB connectors there

I see. Man,that's hard to see. It looks like there is a black USB behind and a gray USB in front, do we take out both and put the keyboard and mouse in them, and if so, in what order? How did you connect the keyboard and the mouse? Should I take that upper left board down to do this? Sorry if these are stupid questions...I just don't know.
Thanks!!!!

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There’s a few empty slots

So I was able to get keyboard and mouse hooked up, I didn't see extra slots, so I just removed the 2 USBs that were in there and put the mouse and keyboard in their place.
I hit cancel on the pop-up, escape on the keyboard to enter into that Unobutu desktop, but when I hit CTL-ALT-T to out that command into the Terminal screen that Barry recommended, the Terminal screen would pop up only for one second, very glitchy, and then disappear. Tried turning the machine on / off but same thing would happen. I ultimately ended up hitting the "send error report" on the pop up, for which I do not have the password for that to complete, gave up and turned the machine off and then on again ...and now the pop up has been gone for 6-7 games and game plays well. So at least the pop-up is gone for now ...only question is, why didn't the Terminal screen stay up so I could put those recommended commands...

1 month later
#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

New code update per latest NSNL:
New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, go here:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php
Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it.

Wow!!

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok thats definitely not a code issue thats just plain wrong wow. Go through the manual and adjust it. Fairly simple mech. I thought yours was just stuttering as it opens which I have seen but yours is just plain not working. Plus it looks like its pulling to far in. My guess is the switch is way off and its trying to close that contact.

I think you are right. Certainly I don't want to give any concrete recommendations, but when I obtained my game, I noticed this problem as well. My guess was the same as yours (car door not being registered as "closed"). I took the roof off of that garage and took a look. There is one small switch at the back of the garage. When the car goes back in the garage, it closes a small tab, triggering that switch. I pulled that tab open just a bit, manually, so that the tab touched the car a bit sooner. That fixed that issue. I also noticed a similar behavior while adjusting the handicap targets, such that if they are further displaced (less sensitive to being hit/activated), the car will do the same shaking activity after coming out (by the targets). So at this point, I have the garage door tab on the inside pulled out a bit, and the handicapped targets more sensitive and closer together. It still takes a heck of a hit to the car when the car is out to register a hit during the car modes, but no shaking. Hope this helps.

#581 4 years ago

So I thought I would share an idea I had/non-permanent fix that I added to my TBL.
This in relation to the car "hit" during car modes.

So, initially when I got the game I noticed the shaking/stuttering behavior of the car/car door that I mentioned in the above post in this thread.
After getting that situated/adressed, I noticed that it really took a heck of a wack (sometimes some random direction of the ball hitting to the car or door) to register a "hit" during the car modes. This was rather frustrating.
As I explored this further, I noticed that the car comes out and the door "stops" once the door touches the Handicap targets closing the leaf switches (maybe its just the right target?). This registeres the car door as "open" at its final open resting position.....and when the car is hit, if there is enough "bounce," the car door briefly jumps away from the target, opening the switch, and thus registering the "hit." Problem is, neither the metal car door (with car), nor the target itself has a lot of inherent "bounce."

....So I thought, how can i make this car/car door mech more "bouncy" (for lack of a better term). So, I began to think of some sort of rubber that the door can "bounce" against when hit with a pinball. After doing some trials of various sized rubbers from my random collection of grommets, I came up with this (see pics).

Note, I noticed the rubber can only "just touch" the door when it opens, or it will shake, shake, shake because its not seeing the leafs close/touch for the door to stop at its final resting open position...so, depending on where one's door closes and that residual space provided, there is some trial and error as it would relate to both the size of the grommet and how minutely "proud" it should be from the target itself.

This (attached pic below) is where mine landed. I used a small post grommet and a small touch of glue to attach it to the side of the right target. With this addition, I went from 50% or less registered "hits" to 90+%, which is so much more rewarding. You can see the aftermath of when I had a black grommet glued to the side of the left target...that worked well until I decided on a red one and placing it on the opposite side. Oh well...it's just a plastic target on a game...

Anyway, the above is by no means a recommendation, I'm just sharing the frustration I had, my findings and thought process and this unconventional idea that I landed on.
Has anyone else had trouble registering "hits" to the car during car modes? Has anyone else come up with any conventional or like this, somewhat unconventional ideas to address this?
Thanks
Chip
IMG_20191128_101154 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101154 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101159 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101159 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101252 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101252 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#586 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did you try adjusting the leaf switches behind the target? Mine seems fine. One thing that did come up on mine is the bushing was missing from the upper playfield and lower where the flipper rod comes up to the upper flipper(wasn't installed during assembly). That resulted in missing the loop consistently. With that fixed, it's great. The software update is really good as well. I didn't bother setting the coil strengths before because they would be forgotten between games. Now you can dial in the game adjusting the coils and it really improves the already excellent gameplay.

I did. I found taking the roof off of the garage and the 4 screws holding the facade of the garage allowed the easiest access to those switches. I adjusted to make the target switches, especially the right, rather sensitive. How did you adjust yours and as a result, what percentage of registered hits do you get when you hit the car door during car modes, if you don't mind me asking (and thanks).
I have not downloaded/installed the new code. I've been anxious to ask those who have. What differences does it have/add compared to the previous code? Aside from car hits not routinely registering during car modes (which is improved with my above post), my particular game, with the exception of occasional bugs noticed during gameplay, plays rather smooth. But I'll say I'm super excited that code is being worked on!!!!!!! That's so incredible and awesome.
Thanks!!

#591 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that vid sd_tom
Awesome idea having the two handicap targets at two slightly separate levels to trip left target first to stop car and the right target to register the hit
Makes good sense!! Awesome.

1 month later
#705 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let me know what you think.

[quoted image][quoted image]
Mod will go for $37 shipped in USA.
-includes custom doobie, 3 leds flashing fire with mini-circuit board, enough wire and connectors to connect plug and play and shipping in USA.
You decide where to place in on the playfield!
Note, I will start making this mod if there is enough people ordering and I will not ramp up until mid-February. To many other pinball things going on right now!

Awesome!!!
Looks great!!

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Here's something different. #TBL with speckle flake rails and lockbar. I decided to go this route over the copper because the mirror blade on the left side looked odd with a shiny copper next to mirror. The design idea here was intended to mimic those Terrazzo concrete floors with the metallic and glass bits embedded. That always felt very 50/60s jetsons to me when done in black. IMO it fits the bowling alley look in Lewbowski. There is a slight metallic sparkel, but it's generally fairly flat in depth. I definitely didn't want it to look like a glitter starfield and I don't think it does. Overall I'm happy with this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sharp!!!
I have chrome on the side rails, lockdown bar, etc... but I see your point if yours was the coppered color.
That black sparkle paint looks great!!!
Think you'll eventually do the legs in that paint as well??

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Might test out the chrome legs without the yellow plastic just to see how that looks with the sparkle black. Not really expecting that to look good though. The chrome legs might end up being saved for yet another pin someday.

Adding the chrome legs might look great...might accent the steel shine from the wireform ramps down at the legs. Certainly worth a try. Sometimes unconventional ideas are the ones that work out best ....for example your side blades choice...to me, that looked so cool, I did it on mine!!
If you do, post some pics!

3 weeks later
#804 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Been working hard the last few nights modding this baby up....so this is where it's at now... spending some time playing now until more stuff shows up! Beautiful and fun game...as a big TBL fan getting this game is a no brainier!! P.S. This is SELF PROCLAIMED TBL Zig Zag Man Edition #13 I also have Zig Zag Man badge #69 gotta have some fun! Chromed out ...Enjoy Dudes!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking awesome!!

2 weeks later
#867 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Tonight's mod cut up a left over Chrome mirror blade to cover backboard black area! Mirrored now behind bowling pin area....got a good couple cuts in the process Turned out nice on second attempt!
[quoted image]

Super idea putting the mirror back there, looks great!!

2 weeks later
#986 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Doobie mods just complete....quantities going down quickly (over 1/2 of them gone in last couple hours).
Sticker decals installed on targets, coin door, Doobie mod sticker by shooter, and banner sticker above bowling lane like in the movies. I haven’t installed the spinner decal (big Lebowski character and Treehorn sketch). See pictures in the LINK below - which goes back to previous post.....
Note, there are spare Target stickers (some in multiple colors), spinner and coin door stickers!
(Prices below don’t reflect shipping/handling. I will combine items for cheapest shipping).
**Now 9 left was 20 Doobie mods - $35 each
**Now 9 left was 20 Decal sticker sheets - $40 each
**Now 10 left was 20 Ramp clip / ramp brackets - squeezes ramp so ball does not hit metal rails. $15 each
**Now 2 left was 30 Backup harddrives left $100 each.
**0 spare audio cards. Ping me to get on the list for another order. If/when we get to 5 I will order them again. $200 each.
Please add $8 shipping for 1 item, $10 shipping for 2 items, and $12 shipping for 3 or 4 items. Trying to make shipping easy. Note this is US shipping.
Canada add $10 to each shipping category. Europe add $15 to each shipping category. If shipping is a concern ping me and I can see what I can do for international prices, depending on location.
Thx
-cpr9999
Pictures can be seen here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/17#post-5472029

That is just awesome!!!!
Love the "flickering" light on the end!
Superbly done, man...just awesome.

2 months later
#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

It's a great game, just got one. Has that 'just one more game' feeling.
I have a bit of an issue with the orbit going STDM though, so I am playing with levels.

I certainly do not want to make any hard or fast recommendations, but at some point either earlier in this thread or in the maintenance thread the issues with the ball from the orbit going straight down the middle was talked about. When I first had the game I noticed the very same thing. I made a very slight adjustment to the metal guide on the right (just to the left of the right ramp). I pulled on the end of that metal guide just a little bit, ever so slightly, making a small adjustment, so that when the ball is coming around from left to right it goes straight to the left flipper. I never had a problem with SDTM since that adjustment. Hope that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.