IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calencio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3766 1 year ago

Hey Everyone! Been lurking this thread for years and following the machine since ~2013/14. Finally had the guts to buy one and its delivered! I was first talking with Melissa starting probably 2 years ago and then delayed delivery for the fix for the lower playing field update, its been a wait to say the least.

Anyways, Dudes:

Does anyone know where I can find a service or pinball specific help to get my machine upstairs? its still in the box and I'm a little afraid of using a company that moves heavy objects like Safes or something because this is a big more fragile. I saw on the thread that someone did it but it looks like they disassembled quite a bit to make it work that I'm not experienced enough to do. I have larger stairwell and big doors all the way up.

Any ideas? I live in the East Bay, CA.

Chris

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Welcome to the club. Will depend on your exact situation and how tight things are. Will it go up without taking it apart? If you have to pull it apart, you'll want someone with some experience with taking them apart/putting back together if you don't feel comfortable with that. One experienced person, a few friends and some beer.....

It's a pretty clear path, stairwell is wide, may need to be lifted above the hand rail to make the turn which would require leg removal.

Or the machine could just be kept folded up as its shipped and brought up without issue? I think 4 people could do it up the stairwell. The rest is easy. Big wide doors.

I live in Alameda, CA

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Anyone received a NIB recently? Paid my invoice June 14 and haven’t heard anything yet.

me- after I paid it took some time. fairly certain I paid in may and it showed up a week ago

#3799 1 year ago

Hello, I finally have the machine set up, but the scoop isn't shooting the ball out correctly. Maybe only happens 10% of the time. The other 90% I have to wait until the machine cycles to shoot it out. Its like a sensor isn't registering the ball? Anyways, I have a couple other questions about the machine and I was hoping I could talk over the phone/FaceTime with someone to get some help. Anyone interested in DMing me their number so we can talk pinball? I'm an urban achiever and this is my first machine, so I want to make sure I set this thing up correctly and work out this issue.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Just adjust the pressure switch so it contacts with the ball weight on it. Easy fix. Open it up and go into switch test mode and play around with it until the contacts are a bit closer together

Hello,

So here in lies the problem- since this is my first machine I'm not familiar with lifting up the playfield while the balls are loaded. I can't see a door anywhere to prevent them from falling out. Is there a trick?

Also, the suggestion to adjust a switch - is it to adjust a physical contact switch or to go into the menu and adjust an analog sensitivity? Would you happen to know the name of the switch I should be looking for within the test mode and where it could be found? I'm sorry for my lack of some basic knowledge here, but I do most things jumping in both feet first.

Obviously, I'm not a golfer - more of a nihilist

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

You’re a brave person with TBL being your first pin. But who am I to judge, I dove in the deep end with TZ being my first pin. After having that pin, I’m a lot less intimidated now popping the hood on other pins.
If you don’t have a multimeter, a handy tool to have for pin ownership.

Maybe I'm more of a nihilist

also, I know the stranger has some good advice, but the cuss words are muted on the machine - is there a setting for that?

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Go on YouTube and start watching as many how to videos you can. I was a beginner and now an expert on this stuff. Remove the balls or put a towel in the ball trough before raising so they don’t fall out and damage something. Owning pins there are always stuff to fix and you just get used to it in time.

Thank you. Yes, well understood its a hobby for sure. I love mechanical/electrical things so learning basics here has already been really fun. Thanks for the advice.

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

you can stick a piece of cloth like a towel in the shooter lane to keep the balls from coming out. But there is a little lever you will see from the bottom of the playfield at the shooter lane you can use. Hold this up while lifting the playfield all the way back against the head. Do this slowly and carefully,
Its a mechanical switch that needs adjustment. With the playfield up, go in to the test menu for the switches and see if you can engage that switch with you hand and then you will see how you'll need to adjust it. You will need to do this with the playfield up as you won't be able to access the switch from the top.
There is an adjustment for adult mode in the settings menu.

Thanks dude. So I'm looking at the switch, the adjustment looks like bending the lever up towards the playfield that triggers the switch earlier

2 weeks later
#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

QQ. - having issues with the dude abides/mystery hole - during game play the ball won’t eject automatically. It will go through a cycle to eject it and that kicks it out though. Any ideas?

I had the same issue- its the switch adjustment underneath the table. It was an easy fix. Must be an east bay thing, lol. (Alameda here)

#3880 1 year ago

Man, the "start character"/"mark it zero" saucer is really hard to hit. I had all the characters ready to go, and I drained two balls trying to hit that friggin thing and never got the multi ball going argggggh.

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Play Better will Steve Ritchie shout in your ears

Due to Rensh's positive encouragement(LOL ) I just played a bunch of games doing nothing but lighting characters and practicing saucer shots and I just had my best game ~19,500,000. I hit three wizard goals - mark it zero, super jackpot, and start characters!!!! My best game yet. I should have had the collect balls lit but man, I did awful on the frames!!!!

Thanks Rensh lol

So I've had this game for about 2 weeks. I've got ~125 games. I've got it set up pretty well. Still need to work on SDTM Donny shots. That was one of my balls on my high score just now. Very frustrating.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I have it installed. Works great! The guy who makes them is awesome as well.

Link? I checked and didn't see it. . . sorry to bother you on something I should be able to figure out on my own. I saw some that may have been available in past but sold out. I have a 3d printer if someone knows the link to the file. FWIW, I found the Lebowski ramp clip to print here in my search: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4920822 I'll print that next

1 week later
#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks for bringing this up. (A problem I didn't realize I had, but now I do sort of recall unfair STDMs). Also protecting the balls is important.
Another question I had - anyone else getting significant airball hitting the "Rug Lamp"? I noticed it seems to be after hitting the white circular post.
I attempted to tighten down the "Rug Lamp" screw, which helped, but still taking a beating. And the ball has been caught at least once here, requiring glass removal.
The light was completely reversed in the wrong direction at one point too[quoted image][quoted image]

The white circular post is a ball launcher for sure. I'd say that post has caused more headaches and dimple from flying balls that anything else on the machine. If someone has a rubber replacement or idea to calm down the intensity of the launching, I'd love to know.

1 week later
#3938 1 year ago

Just wanted to send a note about how much fun I'm having with this machine. I've had it for less than a month and have ~325 games played. Its been GREAT.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#4055 1 year ago

FIX - I didn't realize one could delete old versions directly in the game menu by highlighting old versions!

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine is going in now... just had to delete a couple of the old versions to make room because it said hard drive space was limited.
[quoted image]

I can't for the life of me figure out to delete versions. I have a keyboard connected to my machine and I'm pressing alt F4 a bunch before boot up but can't make anything happen

Is it possible because I'm using a Mac keyboard? its full-size

#4058 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

You don't need a keyboard for that actually, you can do it via the service menu:
Software Menu > Version select > { select an old version number } > Delete

Yes my mistake! thank you.I definitely tried overcomplicating the process lol

#4063 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Is the update still in its .zip file on the USB drive (it should be) or did the browser unpack it automatically?
The .zip file should be in the root (top level) of the USB drive, with its original name "TBL-v1.00.zip". If that is all the case, maybe try formatting a USB stick in the NTFS format if you only have FAT32 formatted drives at the moment for example.
Also make sure there is not currently a 1.00 version partly installed by checking "Software Menu > Version Select" and delete it if its there (in case you were able to start the installation process but it got interrupted somehow?)

To Koen's point- I found that I had to go into my Safari settings to tell it not to automatically unzip files. Its under SAFARI->Preferences->General->uncheck "open "safe" files after downloading.

Further, before I found this setting, I would re-zip the file and it had to be named exactly as the original file download was. An incorrect title appeared not to be read by the machine.

#4090 1 year ago

Who’s got the Donny coffee light mod? How is it holding up? How was the install? Do I need to resolder anything? I can’t tell how it goes on and I don’t want a headache.

Is it tasteful in person? It looks great and the machine could use some more Donny lol

Also 1.0 rocks. Lol

#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel: 4. Keep collecting those level 1 mystery awards and you might be surprised

Can confirm that one of the mystery rewards gave me nothing but a giant laugh Lolol. Well done dp. If anything the scene should run a bit longer lol

I do like the idea of some level 1 rewards doing more hilarious cutscenes that didn’t make the game itself through regular play!!

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

With the 1.0 code, my games are lasting longer, only issue is that the left flipper becomes weaker the longer I play the game to the point where it can’t make the Walter ramp. I have to turn the game off for a while and let it cool down. Anyone else having this issue? Do they make flipper coil fans for TBL yet?
Thanks
Ed

I keep the balls shiny and the Walter ramp cleaned and waxed. I'm at 6.5 degrees incline and have played for 2 hours with a second player. I seem to have just enough power to get the ball up there without modifications to strength

1 week later
#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:I am also puzzled by this. Number one switchfailure by far is the carport closed switch. Not talking about adjustment, talking about failure. Think I know of like 10+ cases. Really puzzled why this is. It’s original cherry db5 switch, not a Chinese knock off after all.

I was one of the 10+! Lol. Took some finesse with some bent nose pliers and patience to replace but got it done. Let me know if you get stuck and I will help out on the switch replacement

1 week later
#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings Dudes!
Sorry to write a novel here, but wanted to share my experiences with TBL, as I have owned the pin for just over 2 months and have played it almost non-stop.
First off, I think the pin is a true masterpiece. I’ve been lucky enough to own most every pin up and down the top 100 list and this is by far my favorite. I’ll be rating it soon. Never want to rank a game too early.
Aside from that, being able to email tech support, Rens, and get an answer almost immediately is truly incredible.
Tech notes and suggestions:
Broke a bowling pin very early own. Previous owner had extra pins and I found replacing the broken one to be a simple process. While fixing the broken pin, I also added the “spacers” to the pins. No broken pins since. Follow the manual but all you’ll need are left over pinball rings that we all have laying around.
Removing the metal bracket by the VUK on the Jesus shot is a must. Follow the manual and lift the mini PF and remove. I was having way too many rejects on that shot. Now, none. Mine is number 602 and I believe they stopped putting that metal bracket in there not too long after mine was built.
I have my pitch very shallow. Maybe 6.2/6.3 range. I normally like a steeper pitch (6.6-7.0) but on this pin I like back handing the Jesus shot and the left ramp.
I spent $9 to upgrade the 9 foot connector going from the back box to under the PF. My game would freeze up (no switches would work). The tech manual (around page 68 or so) talks about this. I would highly recommend updating to the right angle connector that is listed. Haven’t had any freeze ups since.
Upgraded music is a must. I smile ear to ear playing this game while Pinball Wizard or the Gambler is playing. JYEAKLEY is the man!!
Highly recommend the black star art blades from Tilt. They look awesome installed.
Got the Laserific topper. Gutter balls. Looks awesome.
Still kicking around the lit apron. On the fence.
Other than that, absolutely loving this pin!

Sorry for the silly question but as this is my first machine, I don’t know what I’m getting into if I buy those blades(which are the ones I want). Are blade art stickers? Or do they just sit in and hang off the wood box? If they are stickers, is it hard to install these? It looks difficult getting around all the brackets and such.

What kinds of an install in terms of time and effort to “get it right” is this. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff so it takes me awhile when I’m doing something for myself.

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks Rensh for the rapid fire response. Ordered new and direct from DP as based in UK. Can it be installed ex-factory?

Worth the $$$. Makes it pop. I installed myself

1 month later
#4605 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I think at this point the playlist is pretty solid. Played tons of games and the songs just fit so nicely. I may look at the rug mode songs next and see if there are any worth replacing. Any thoughts from the group on replacement songs?

Great idea! I find that going from the lyric songs to the built in rug modes are kind of a bummer as the lyric songs are so good to rock to. The game does spend a fair amount of time in rug modes so I think it’d be important to pick some good ones

#4645 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

OK - here is a video showing NS, Rug modes, and i increased the volume a couple notches on the main MB.

Holy shit - the opera music from the movie in the scene where the dude reads the ransom note to hit the targets is truly EPIC. I mean, I know this sounds insane, but if you figured out a way to dub the dudes words over the voice actor, Jesus.

so what cable do I need to buy to reflash my ssd that was sent? This is truly incredible, man

#4647 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I only have 2 flipper ZEN kits for Big Lebowski because in testing the 3rd flipper didn't have heat problems. If people MUST have active cooling on the 3rd flipper, though, I will be offering single bracket add-ons for all the ZEN kits. I just didn't feel people needed to spend money on a 3 flipper kit for Lebowski when the 3rd flipper isn't really getting hot.
Here's the temp test results (the uncooled 3rd flipper is on there, it's just down with the cooled left/right flipper!):
[quoted image]

where do I find the 2 fan kit?

2 weeks later
#4851 1 year ago

Hello, wanted to send a shoutout to JYEAKLEY! Solid supporter of everything Lebowski with the sweet music playlists!

1 week later
#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

How is the customer service with regards to game issues and repairs?

My first and only(to date) machine. I jumped in head first and their customer service had been fantastic. We our blessed to have a team like Dutch supporting the community. Rensh is first class.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calencio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=calencio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.