Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adam12hicks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2768 2 years ago

Does anyone have the dimensions for this pinball machine for shipping? I know stern machines are about 31” tall and won’t fit in my SUV, but I’m curious if this might be a little lower profile with the head folded down and legs off.

I haven’t been able to find anything yet on dimensions.

Thank you!

#2786 2 years ago

Hi folks! Silly question - just got my TBL (used, from original owner) - updated from .51 to .57 and it seems to be working 'pretty' well, but I have a few questions.

1. Apron cards - this one doesn't have any, and I can't find any. Is there an image file or apron cards I can buy somewhere? Looks pretty plain on the apron without anything but slots!

2. Lock bar feels sharp, stamped and cheap. I saw someone replaced theirs with a much nicer chrome Bally Williams (?) bar. Does anyone have a source for this piece or part number? I'd like to upgrade.

3. On the center scoop / VUK, when the ball goes in, it doesn't kick back out unless I gently nudge the machine, then it lights yellow and kicks the ball out. Is that a playfield angle thing or an opto issue or?

I think that's all for now. The sound and video assets on this machine are just awesome. Looking forward to getting it dialed in! (And figuring out the airballs coming off the left ramp constantly.)

#2788 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

1. You can get Apron cards off of DP website:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_downloads.php
or
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/2#post-5158866
2. You can get a new lockdown bar (I understand) from either pinballlife.com or chrome version at Pinballplating.com
3. I think that center scoop - if I remember right in this thread - that is part of the metal guide-rail system under the playfield. Maybe check this or the cherry switch that detects it.

Awesome! Thank you

#2789 2 years ago

Any tips for preventing this stuck ball situation? I wish there were stickies on this thread, as this is probably common, but I couldn’t find anything by searching.

6CD46174-6429-4FD9-A270-45BB0B34E2B9 (resized).jpeg6CD46174-6429-4FD9-A270-45BB0B34E2B9 (resized).jpeg
#2792 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are your pop bumpers pushing the ball up there? Is there a way to turn these down in the new code?
Also, easy to attach something either under 1 bolt or both to prevent.

No, it's jumping off the left ramp and landing there occasionally. The left ramp is driving me bonkers. Everything else seems to be pretty dialed in - except the lower playfield cover that won't sit flush regardless of how much I try and adjust it from beneath

Otherwise, love the game! So different from what I'm used to with modern Stern machines.

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have a bowling pin there. I wasn't have your issue, but it would solve it.
[quoted image]

Good idea! Can I ask where you got those? Are they the keychains from Amazon? I need to put some on mine - although I'd think they knock over easily if only held on with a small bit of adhesive?

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The way we dial this in on Munsters applies to TBL here….cut a credit card/plastic room key at a 45 degree angle in half. Now we use only 1 of the 2 pieces.
Hold the big part of cut card and face the sharp side at the playfield clear window. Run the thin part of the cut card back and forth at all the points where you can tighten underneath. Dial in each location. You do this with playfield in the vertical position, using card in one hand and wrench in the other.
Boom good to go!

Will give it a go - I had a similar playfield with AC/DC Luici but it adjusted more granularly. This one seems to bump up in the center of a section between two adjustment screws, but if I lower it down it's too low on that side. Probably need to just keep tweaking it. It's pretty close right now, but we like perfection!

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are you seeing this also with the new reinforced targets? The reports I get in this issue have more or less disappeared with the new targets.
Are there zero airballs? This not but it’s only a very few I see on my TBL
And yes, the BA window needs to be flush to avoid balls jumping of the left ramp.

May I ask how I'd know whether my machine has the reinforced standup targets or not? I purchased from the original owner (he has a collection of 70 amazing machines. Things were meticulously kept.)

SN is 00376.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

As I suspected standup targets are bent back causing airballs. [quoted image]

Thank you! Will get a few replacements ordered. It's driving me nuts. Hits the glass super hard, and often will bounce all the way back to the drain straight over the flippers.

#2823 2 years ago

General question - the lockbar on my machine was pretty bad. Stamped metal, super sharp edges and felt cheap. I ordered a replacement chrome lock bar from Hot Rod Arcade / pinball plating, and WOW what a difference. Softer edges, thicker throughout and a much nicer plating.

My question though - both of these pieces have a lot of play left and right. Is there a way to tighten them up? It shifts a lot on nudging the machine, etc. I only have Stern Spike / SAM systems otherwise and those lock bars lock in place much more securely.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

There are 2 screws when you take the lockdown bar off underneath. I believe screwing these in a few turns will tighten the lockdown bar.
Also does your new lockdown bar have foam installed on it?

Oh Duh. No it does not have foam. I'll add some. My machine only has one of the two screws. It's brass, and doesn't seem to turn much in the spot. Interesting...

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Should have 2 screws here.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Last question I promise / do you unscrew them so that they are taller to make the fit tighter or can you tell me what exactly those screws do? I’m sure it’s a 50 year old design, it’s just new to me.

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yeah, just follow these instructions if you want to change the music
I had the drive pulled to do the backup, and just did everything on the new copied drive while it was connected to my pc since I can dual boot into Ubuntu.

When I hit escape I get a solid black screen with a mouse cursor. Pressing the windows key does not yield any icons whatsoever. Is there another trick to getting these icons to show?

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Try ctrl-esc instead. I ended up just doing all the sound replacement stuff on my desktop with the drive connected since I didn't have a spare USB keyboard handy.

Thanks! Yeah tried that too. Guess I’ll have to pull the drive and try it that way. No go getting to a menu on the screen.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I believe you screw them in to make bar tighter.

Thank you! That did the trick. Night and day improvement.

#2841 2 years ago

I'm not normally an illuminated flipper button guy, but I like the looks of this one. Anyone have a part number for these? I'm used to modern sterns, so the opto driven flipper buttons are new to me.

I did some research and it looks like these (https://www.pinballlife.com/britemods-store.html) - but I'm not sure which to purchase to swap them out. If anyone has a lead on convenient power connections for them I would great appreciate that assist as well!

Thanks all! Game running awesome now that I adjusted the lower playfield cover. That's what was causing all of my airballs into the standups.

f7f52070028eeb0fab6e4445e3de8a3ef530d795 (resized).jpgf7f52070028eeb0fab6e4445e3de8a3ef530d795 (resized).jpg
#2847 2 years ago

Quick question that I can't find an answer for - does the WiFi dongle actually do anything in the game? I don't believe it does wifi connected updates, so what's it there for?

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

One other thing to try would be ctrl-alt-t to open a terminal window. If you can't see the window just alt-tab to select it. Then type nautilus to open the file manager.
I'd recommend hooking the drive up to a PC and using Macrium Reflect to save a backup image of it before you change anything just in case.

No luck on terminal window. No alt-tab action. Only a black screen with a cursor. I can right click and get to display settings, then all settings, then see most of the settings dialog window for sound, network, etc. but never any way to execute a terminal command or file explorer / browser. It's like application execution is completely disabled. I wonder if this was changed at some point on the machine to prevent any modification?

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

No idea why that doesn't work. Try right-clicking anywhere on the black screen and you should see a new folder option. Select that and you should see the folder on the screen and be able to double-click on it to open the file manager.
FYI - I'm able to get to the file manager at least 2 different ways with a keyboard connected. I had to get rid of that Ubuntu crash message yesterday.

Ah good idea! I can create a new folder on the desktop. It's otherwise completely black. I tried changing resolutions / aspect ratios to see if a menu bar or anything else would appear, but nothing. Only thing I can do is the context menu.

ONE other thing that would be nice, would be an ability to mirror the audio to two outputs. I do that on my PC and it's handy. If we could do that in Ubuntu, we'd be able to send audio to the onboard jack, which could be used as a subwoofer output to a powered sub. This game doesn't super need one, but they are sometimes a nice addition to the soundtracks.

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

No idea why that doesn't work. Try right-clicking anywhere on the black screen and you should see a new folder option. Select that and you should see the folder on the screen and be able to double-click on it to open the file manager.
FYI - I'm able to get to the file manager at least 2 different ways with a keyboard connected. I had to get rid of that Ubuntu crash message yesterday.

Thank you! That worked perfectly. Now I see why the background is black, since it flashes during boot - I now see a folder sitting there I didn't remove LOL. But all music replaced and it works like a charm. I appreciate the assist!

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I made my deposit on 11-9-20, and I hoping to eventually see my TBL within the next couple months.
I was wondering if anyone has made a "necessary accessories" list that would be suggested or recommend for a new TBL owner. I'm not looking for a list of toys, but things TBL owners found they needed, or ended up ordering shortly after receiving their new machine.
For example, cabinet leg protectors, certain fuses, flipper parts, and any other items that you found you needed or wanted shortly after you got your machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, mk

With mine, I've had flipper return springs break at the connecting point, so for like $.31 each, you should get some spares. I also had one of the two slingshot plastics (the bunny side) break in multiple spots. I recommend getting protectors for those. A few sets of quality pinballs as the machine scratches balls up and can cause playfield damage if you don't replace them when they get dull / scratched.

So far those have been my issues with ownership. The rest of the machine is thankfully holding up well. I'm sure I'll have to deal with the bowling pins or rug mechanism at some point - but this isn't a beginner's pin to own. It requires some care and feeding - but rewards you with the best theme integration of pretty much any game! Especially if you swap the songs with the real deals

#2869 2 years ago

Can anyone explain the flipper power settings? What is the ‘ms’ for after them? That seems like A timing metric vs power?

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ms stands for milli seconds. The longer the pulse the higher the strength.

Ah interesting. I know it stands for milliseconds, but I couldn’t understand how time related to strength. Ok I’ll adjust them up a little bit

Thank you!

#2874 2 years ago

I bought my TBL used, and the Bunny Lebowski plastic was broken. I had to order a new full plastics set to get that one piece, so now, of course - I have a spare for EVERYTHING. Just curious - did all of the machines come with these? I have the DP and the Pin on the keys that came with my machine, but was surprised to see all of these in the replacement set?

Thanks!

Image (resized).jpegImage (resized).jpeg
#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That lock down bar looks so much better!

i bought just the lockdown bar. It’s night and day better than stock!!

1 month later
#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Just set game up. Getting a ton of air balls of stand up targets and posts. Set pitch at 6.8 and flippers on 30ms. I’m afraid to lower flipper strength because good shots on the left and right ramp barely make it up there - especially the right ramp. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

My airballs were caused by the clear plastic lower playfield cover not being flush with the playfield. It was slightly lower, so the ball would hit the ridge, bounce into the stand ups, and airball at the dude ramp or back at me. Was easily fixed by lifting the playfield and adjusting the clear plastic cover until flush.

#3029 2 years ago

Question for the group - what’s the procedure for adjusting the main flipper angle? I’m used to machines having small holes or index marks to adjust to. My left flipper is slightly high I believe, as it’s almost impossible to hit the Walter ramp.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adam12hicks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=adam12hicks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.