flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acupunk12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5181 1 year ago

In regards to purchasing a TBL, is the consensus that this game is awesome despite some possible QC issues or not worth the all the bugs for the hefty price tag? I would love one but am a little gun shy because of the manufacturer.

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

You should post it here for other potential buyers. Other people are bound to want to have that insight.

I can PM you most definitely but yeah if you want to share here it’s cool with me (:

I have huge interest in the theme. But this would be a major, major purchase for me so between that and trepidation about the manufacturer I could use any insight I could get. Also I’m new to the hobby and really don’t have any experience servicing the machinery. My standpoint is is If I’m buying new I want a perfect machine for at least a little while.

#5188 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Happy to share here instead. Like most of you, this is a great theme and really drew me in. The theme integration is awesome and the game really plays and feels like a modern bally/Williams game. With the new code especially, there is plenty to do and it's a ton of fun. The code is certainly not as deep or sophisticated as a modern stern, but the newer code really added some depth and, in my opinion, is a game changer for replayability.
I have found the machine to be pretty reliable thus far, but I've had some small issues along the way. To compare, I've owned a Godzilla Premium since it came out and have had basically zero issues except for a node board that went bad that stern replaced. That said, when I do encounter an issue DP's customer service via this channel, the TBL maintenance thread, and via email have been excellent. Having Rensh's support is invaluable both because he is responsive on these channels and he's added a ton of value via the service FAQ docs. He has really made the machine a LOT more approachable from a maintenance perspective because he's collected and organized all of the issues and how to resolve them with descriptions of the resolutions as well as pics.
To own one, you should expect having to perform some tweaks and you'll likely need to consult these channels and/or the service FAQ. Honestly though, I have experienced minimal issues and less than I anticipated. Will you need to maintain it more so than perhaps a newer stern...probably. is the available customer service and support docs sufficient to do so...absolutely.
DP seems to be taking code updates, service doc updates, and overall customer service quite seriously and I've been impressed by their level of support given their limited resources compared to the large companies like Stern, JJP, and CGC. I had issues with machines from all 3 of these manufacturers over the years and struggled more with their responsiveness and customer service approaches than with DPs.
Hopefully this helps but happy to get into any specifics via PM or over the phone if it helps any future buyer. I would absolutely recommend this machine and look forward to what comes next from DP. I understand that it's a high price tag, long wait, and a boutique manufacturer...totally understand the heightened perceived risks and challenges...I was concerned as well. I am a happy TBL owner and don't regret this purchase at all

Thank you for this! You are awesome! Much appreciated (:

Can you recommend any other purchases for TBL? Cointaker has quite a lot of expensive upgrades available that don’t really explain what exactly they are. I have no idea what the $600 stay lit apron exactly is what exactly the decal set is too. Lol

#5190 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Starry Lit Apron is the optional laser cut apron that lights up and has lighting sequences tied into the software . It’s a must have imho

Yeah sounds awesome thanks

#5191 1 year ago

Any powder coat suggestions? Color of cabinet seems difficult to match . I was thinking bowling pin white if that’s even possible

#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I recently acquired a huo. Amazing game for sure. The chrome grew on me and presents nice. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Suddenly I’m looking how far you live from me John. I’m inviting myself over it seems (:

3 months later
#5746 10 months ago

Does anyone have an ETA if I preorder now? Cointaker doesn’t bother answering my emails.

#5748 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dutch really needs another distributor or multiple non-exclusive distributors in the US. This is par for the course with Cointaker, and really sucks when there's no other dist that works harder to give your business to.

I think I emailed them maybe 5 times over a 2 year period and they answered me once with a one word answer. They really must not need the business

#5751 10 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

The preorder club has the latest dates. Mine just shipped, ordered 14 months ago.

Congratulations (:

#5753 10 months ago

Wow. I didn’t think it would still be so long. I know that they make around 500 a year that would mean their waiting list is around 700 deep still.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acupunk12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=acupunk12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.