20240310_223955 (resized).jpg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
20240304_163856 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240308_211657_Chrome (resized).jpg
005 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (11 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 4 years ago

Still waiting for my TBL to put its topper on.

SIGH

DSC03552 (resized).JPGDSC03552 (resized).JPG

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SIGH

When will you be streaming?

#265 4 years ago

Death Save Arcade Presents: The Big Lebowski Tease Stream. ...

Thanks for this initial TBL stream! The game looks great.

One request though - please adjust your overhead camera as the top of the playfield is cut off (on Twitch anyway) on your videos.

I am now following and look forward to your future streams!

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’d be in on a light up apron, zig zag mod
Over shooter lane, led Doob !

Here's a thread for TBL mod ideas that I started back before DP's shit hit the fan in 2016:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-big-lebowski-mods-that-i-hope-to-see-made

And here's the pdf that I included in the first post (CLICK on it to fully open all 5 pages):

2016-6-10 Big Lebowski Mods I Want To See Made.pdf2016-6-10 Big Lebowski Mods I Want To See Made.pdf

#294 4 years ago

Is this individual on pinside? Does anyone have his contact info?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sd_tom

#306 4 years ago

7pm eastern tonight I will be streaming The Big Lebowski in 1080p 60fps with direct video and a bowling alley cam!
Please join us at DeathSaveArcade on twitch! -VividPsychosis
Www.twitch.tv/DeathSaveArcade

High quality stream! Loved having a bowling alley view. Thanks Dude!

2 weeks later
#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just powdercoated my first lebowski for a customer in a color i call burnout orange

Nice work Robert! If I ever get my TBL, you may be getting a similar request from me.

Different color though - I want to match my favorite bowling ball!

2 months later
#558 4 years ago

New code update per latest NSNL:

"New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, click here:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php

Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it."

1 month later
#704 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looks good! Where’s a good place to put it on the PF? ...

If and when I ever get my TBL, I'll be installing a doobie mod next to the White Russian.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-big-lebowski-mods-that-i-hope-to-see-made

1 month later
#879 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Shout to Yelobird and CPR9999 for your awesome mod work! Installed some more mods tonight Target decals, light up bowling pins mod, ramp to scoop alignment bracket, Zig Zag papers, Dudes Bowlers License and VW Bettle/Corvette Matchbox cars....Love this game and still got a few more mods to get finished![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool ... and deja vu!

I look forward to purchasing and finally installing these in my own TBL soon!

Yep. Absolutley LOVE this apron and looking forward to it on my TBL! A very nice upgrade by Barry that surpasses what was originally supposed to be part of the game.

2 weeks later
#1015 4 years ago

The Dude loves ...

California (resized).jpgCalifornia (resized).jpg

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Added PDI Glass and a very light touch of Pinstadium lighting..

Thanks for sharing!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the light strip reflections on metal ramps, chrome wireforms, etc, that Pinstadium lighting causes.

BIG fan of PDI glass though!

4 months later
#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

There should be an Achiever Supporter Edition apron made.

There should be an Early Achiever's game made.

Just sayin'.

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

....we know, hopefully the game I bought helps
...don't you think making another apron could help the cause from the proceeds?
just sayin'.

Absolutely. I don't want to see DP stop making the new games (or aprons) needed to keep them financially solvent.

I just wish they'd start making EA games as well at the pace that was promised. I've been near the front of the remaining EA line and am still waiting. And they have a LONG way to go to after me to make all of the EA's whole.

1 month later
#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I know off one happy dude who is about to finally officially join the owners club !!
tuna_delight keep a close eye on your mailbox !
[quoted image]

Yes - looking forward to finally receiving my EA game and joining this prestigious club!

1 month later
#1545 3 years ago

Well Dudes ... it took a while (2,283 days since sending my preorder payment to DP in July 2014 to be exact), but I'm very happy to report that I have now finally joined this club! I'm enjoying my TBL Early Achiever Edition #59 and it's everything I have hoped for since getting excited about the game when it was just a rumor.

My thanks to all the Pinsiders - particularly Rensh - that have provided positive support throughout the years of waiting, Coin Taker, those that have enabled DP to keep going by buying new games, and Barry at Dutch Pinball for hanging in there and working to fulfill his commitment to EA's! I wish continued TBL sales success to DP and acceleration of the manufacturing of EAs' games as there are still 120 or more behind me awaiting theirs.

20201019_TBL1 (resized).jpg20201019_TBL1 (resized).jpg
20201019_TBL2 (resized).jpg20201019_TBL2 (resized).jpg

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had a so-so game tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah - but those are Dutch scores Rens. What's the conversion factor to American numbers?

1 week later
#1606 3 years ago

Painted up one of the Dude's special gold & silver "Gutterballs" dream sequence bowling shoes and mounted it above the ball lock ramp.
DSC06076 (resized).JPGDSC06076 (resized).JPG
DSC06067 (resized).JPGDSC06067 (resized).JPG
The Dude and Maude in Gutterballs (resized).jpgThe Dude and Maude in Gutterballs (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool.
Where did you get in/out burger sign?
Also, does it stay in place behind the rubbers - when the ball hits the rubbers?

Part of a magnet set that is available directly from In-N-Out's website store. I hotglued it to the upper playfield edge and no problem staying in place so far, but time will tell yet.

#1614 3 years ago

Today's NSNL for anyone who hasn't received it:

TBL NSNL (resized).jpgTBL NSNL (resized).jpg

11/13/2020 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - November 2020 Update

Dear ___

Firstly, we hope you are staying safe and healthy through these unusual times!

We hope you will enjoy this update about production, software, our new facility and some other stuff we want to share with you! So put on your bowling shirt and let's get rolling!

Production update
It has been about a year since we started (again) with the production of the game. Much has changed since then. We have now found a good flow in production and we now build about 4 games per week.

The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts. With about 650 different parts and 2500 parts in total that we buy from about 70 different suppliers AND the Worldwide pandemic, it is quite a challenge to get everything right and on time. This part of the production is probably even more difficult than manufacturing the game itself, but we have also mastered this part of production by now. And so it's time for the next BIG step!

Two weeks ago - on October 28 - we signed the lease for a new building. The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production. Our goal is to get to at least 10 games per week within a few months. We will move in a few weeks and the new location will be fully operational from December 1st.

So - as we speak - we are looking for new people to join our team.

Our new HQ:

New DP HQ (resized).jpgNew DP HQ (resized).jpg
Koen is back at the base!
We are happy to announce that programmer Koen is back at Dutch Pinball! From December, Koen will join our team again and will, among other things, continue working on software updates for The Big Lebowksi and other (future) projects.

Game Improvements
When we started manufacturing games again in our own facility last year we faced quite some new challenges. Building a complex machine like this is very time consuming and this motivated us to improve the game further and make it easier and faster to assemble. Now that we are in full control of production we have made a lot of improvements to the game.

To name a few:
• Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
• Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
• Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
• Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
• Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
• Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
• Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
• A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
• New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
• New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
• Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
• Improved Kickback roll over switch
Early Achiever Delivery Planning
At the moment, one of the four games we build is an EA. We expect that in a few months we will be able to ramp up to ten games a week and then we want to make 3, or even 4 out of 10 games an EA game. As soon as we are running at a fixed pace, we will send every EA an email with an expected delivery date.

We hope you appreciated and enjoyed this update. We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to tell you.

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

1 week later
#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I set up my TBL a few months ago. Played about 20 games or so without any problems that I could see. Played last night and the left slingshot keeps going off and when I get to the upper play field, the flipper only works once. Any input would be great.

Left sling going off probably due to one if its leaf switches needing to be adjusted (gapped wider).

Have you checked the flipper button contact switch and flipper mech assembly for your upper flipper?

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Missing my keys to the coin door. My 3 year old daughter has misplaced them. How can I get new keys or anyone have a suggestion on how to move forward?

Yep - just drill it out per Toucanf16's video and get a replacement from Pinball Life. Cheap and easy.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Contemplating joining the club, if you order from Cointaker does it come with the Laseriffic topper or that’s ordered separately?

Separately, but not expensive as toppers go and a nice addition!

#1648 3 years ago

Oops - wrong thread.

2 weeks later
#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question - does TBL ship with HD glass - hard to tell if this is HD glass or not.

No

1 month later
#1745 3 years ago

Can someone please repost the specific instructions to resolve this error (pictured below) or direct me to a specific post that actually contains them? I seem to be going in circles between the Owner's Club and Maintenance threads using the search feature and the thread (only) references I've found. Thanks in advance!

TBL Error Message (resized).pngTBL Error Message (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

on the glass...

Phew!

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Seem to be many airballs, especially off hard flips to the targets on the sides of the left ramp. Ball hops up on wire returns, the bowling alley ball return toy on the left side of the playfield, all over the place.
Anyone else experience this?

Fuckin' A man! My TBL will find numerous ways - including air balls - to screw me out of a ball almost every game. I need to fine tune it some more because "This agression will not stand!"

Yet ... I enjoy playing it so much. It must be a hell of a game! Despite its flaws.

1 month later
#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Well after 8 years of asking where's the TBL Lebowski? This amazing pin finally found its way home to ME today! Wow, I can't believe it! ...

Congrats Dude! Every time I play my TBL (EA #59), I almost can't believe it's real after waiting so long for it. Hope all EAs get theirs as well ASAP!

Such a great game - enjoy!

3 weeks later
#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This rug is a wall hanger for sure.
People already identified an Amazon replacement.

I always cover the standing end of the TBL rug with the anti-fatigue mat* I typically play with and it has protected and kept it in great shape so far!

* https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=144

(GREAT pinball mat! I have no connection to Titan.)

2 weeks later
#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

What I definitely miss is a blank in the mystery hole.
Hope DP will still add that.
[quoted image]

That has potential for an interesting mystery reward.

Perhaps Jackie Treehorn "WTF?" doodle points?

tenor.giftenor.gif

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Install those decals on your spinners you ordered!

My TBL's spinner art of choice!

Thanks for making it happen!

20210506_182739 (resized).jpg20210506_182739 (resized).jpg

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where do I get that?

cpr9999 makes and sells a decal set as well as other TBL mods.

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just spoke w Melissa today, and in the preorder club!!! ...
An addiction I have.....I swear!!!!

Welcome to the club Dude!

In more ways than one.

2 weeks later
#2160 2 years ago

Hartelijk bedankt Rens!

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from jjga:

I hope to get a chance to play this game in person some day, looks like a blast.

It is.

Really fun game and if you love the movie, even more so as the theme integration is one of the best ever!

1 week later
#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

... I also wonder how many EAs are left to be built. If they can get through the EAs, they'd make so much more money on this game.

A lot. In the neighborhood of 125ish as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately, delivery of EA games has moved at a glacial pace - approx 8 or so over the last year with #64 being last known. I'm very thankful to have finally received my TBL (#59) last Oct., but I feel for all the EA's still hanging on.

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The new TBL's do not have a #, correct? New to the waiting game on this pin (but man have I waited on others in the past).
EA= Early Adoptors, correct? These have to all be built before the new (unserialized) ones go out? Excuse my ignorance....thx

EA games are assigned EA #'s (EA-01, EA-02, EA-03, etc.). Not sure how these relate to the other TBL game #'s being assigned.

The "Early Achievers" moniker is a play on the "Little Lebowski Urban Achievers" in the movie and is the group of 190+ pinheads that pre-ordered the game (up to 7 years ago now). Since losing its lawsuit with ARA (former TBL contract manufacturer), Dutch Pinball has promised to get all EA's their fully paid for games, but has said it can only financially do so by manufacturing one for every 3 games that it currently sells and manufactures. Unfortunately, this ratio hasn't proven to be financially feasible apparently.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

... DP could have other revenue streams too - ALOT of current owners will want the lighted apron. How about a DP authentic topper? We all see the ridiculous topper insanity going on. They could sell under cabinet / back cabinet light kits, official side art blades, etc. They are leaving a lot on the table...they need to expand their offerings.

I don't know that DP's production challenges are due to limited revenue streams as TBL sales seem to be good. Rather, according to Rens, they are apparently dealing with moving to a new facility this past year, limited skilled production workers, and a shortage of parts due to COVID.

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So ordering a new game in theory helps the early achievers get their games?

Yes. No new game orders = no cash for DP = EA games don't ever get made

1 week later
#2256 2 years ago

Jaap became DP's main presentation guy at all the shows after Phil, DP's original 3rd partner, gave their infamous Expo '14 TBL debut presentation and then quit the company a few months later.

Despite the frustrating business behavior from DP over the following years, Jaap always seemed like a nice guy right up to when he left a couple of years ago due to his illness. My sympathy to his family and friends!

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

As a new owner I have a couple questions for the group.1. What degree of pitch should be set at the flippers? 2. The Maude lane ball gate will sometimes stay open for a return back down the lane wondering if I have to make an adjustment and if so can it be done without removing the upper playfield.
3. The white Russian targets take a lot of ball force to register, is this part of the design or should I adjust the leaf switches?
4.I increased the power level by 2 at the bowling alley ball return and about every 5 games the plunger does not get the ball all the way up to the holder. Just wondering if I should increase the power more (I don't want to cause any damage).

1. I have my game playfield set at 6.5 degrees +/- slope.
2. It appears from looking at my game that you'll need to remove the upper playfield in order to properly access/service the orbit gate near the Maude lanes.
3. Yes - adjust the leaf switches as they're not meant to be difficult to activate.
4. Try more power and see what happens. Otherwise, have you checked for a possible obstruction (loose nut, wire etc.) that may be hindering the ball from consistently being kicked up? You'll need to remove the 10 or so nuts on the underside of the game to detach the bowling mech inside the game to inspect it.

Hope the above is helpful Dude!

#2265 2 years ago

dup

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone else, getting ramp rejects from, "the Dude" ramp for lock? many times, mine makes it to the top and stops and comes back down. Not all the time, but I bet 50% of them are rejected. Looks like the plastic part of the ramp straddles the metal box entrance. Is there a way to improve this? ...

Get one of cpr9999 's left ramp clip mods. I have one installed on my TBL and rarely have this reject issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93567

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

With all the new owners this is a good time to repost the best reunion interview ever. Enjoy:

And they all own TBL's now too no doubt! Fuckin' A man!

2 weeks later
#2307 2 years ago

Future topper or gameroom item for some TBL owners? "The Dude" 1/6 scale figure to be available from Sideshow soon:

https://nerdist.com/article/the-big-lebowski-dude-scale-figure/

Dude Figure (resized).jpgDude Figure (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Released today and I had to order one. Thanks for posting. Even if it doesn’t go well with the machine, I will find a place for this dude!

You're welcome Dude.

Quoted from tk375:

Just a heads up. The Dude is now available for Pre Order. I just ordered mine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You too man - far out!

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Are the order banks still open to purchase a new TBL? If so, where could one get on a list, and what is the current pricing (deposit and total)?

You need to order through CoinTaker (US) or Nitro Pinball (Canada) in North America.

Current price is $12,500 plus shipping and tax (as applicable). You may find this thread informational:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Was shipping not included at usd 12500??
In any case this is for CT to answer.

Oops - was thinking it was extra like it was for me as an EA. (need more coffee)

Such a deal then - might as well buy two!

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I didnt realize EA games were being charged shipping...I thought that was included when we originally ordered the game 6 years ago...how much will I need to pony up for shipping?
Thanks
Ed (EA70)

Original (lower) TBL price paid by EA's did not include shipping. I paid CoinTaker $750 for shipping my game last Oct. That covered both DHL air freight to US and truck freight from PA to Seattle.

1 week later
#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Where did the mod for your lock down bar come from? Lol my box also we beat to heck.

Cointaker sells these. Mistitled as a "lockdown bar" as it's just the decorative add-on.

https://cointaker.com/products/tbl-lockdown-bar

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does anyone know if EAs are getting any of the machines being released?
Just curious.

According to Rens's update on the private EA thread, TBL production has been slow for the last couple of months or so due to DP waiting on various parts. No EA games have apparently been produced during this time, but EA games production is expected to start again in Sept.

2 weeks later
#2480 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

In the club!! ... Beautiful game, and can't wait to get it in place and throttle a bit tomorrow!!! Loving what I've experienced already....

Far f__kin' out man! Congrats and welcome Dude!

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

So where should I plug in the USB stick. Is it on the proc pcb?

My 2020 built TBL has 2 USB ports in the top left corner of the backbox. Space is limited between these and the top of the backbox so the shorter the thumb drive, the better.

Just uploaded the new code and runs great. Thanks DP!

#2528 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Smooth update....bourbon night + end to grueling week= major time on the lanes....love this game!!!!

Very cool - cheers Dude!

TBL Cheers (resized).jpgTBL Cheers (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought it was actually recommended at 6.8°…

6.5 metric degrees

1 week later
#2693 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley ...

Cool! I didn't realize that this was available for sale yet. Order just placed.

Thanks for the heads up and thanks to Jim (cpr9999) for making such great TBL mods!

1 month later
#2932 2 years ago

Another thumbs up for @cpr9999's FABULOUS lit Hollywood Lanes sign!

2021-11-02 TBL upper playfield (resized).jpg2021-11-02 TBL upper playfield (resized).jpg
2021-11-02 TBL playfield (resized).jpg2021-11-02 TBL playfield (resized).jpg

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

... I usually see the Burger sign where you have the “No Parking” sign. I like your placement! Any advice?

Thanks. I wanted to accommodate the Mod Couple guardrail/no parking mod on the upper playfield and this location has the added benefit of blocking the Walter ramp switch mech.

Pretty straight forward installation - just modified the bracket that came with the sign by bending it further back to match the ramp's slope; I might have cut it to reduce the width too (can't recall for sure as it has been a while). Then just hot glued it to the top of the switch assembly. Be sure to check the operation of the switch as I had to reposition the sign because the switch arm was catching on it.

1 week later
#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

... I sort of like hearing the "thump" in my TAF, POTC, etc. so noise is not a concern of mine. ...

When I purchased a pool table, I specifically got one with a "gulley" ball return system as I always found it satisfying to hear a ball returning to the main collection area after it was sunk in a pocket.

Similarly, the sound of a bowling ball traveling down an alley would be cool while a pinball is returning via the subway.

Mod makers please take note!

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Couple of items worked on last evening…
- Black bowling ball pinball [quoted image]

Thanks for the black bowling alley ball suggestion Dude!

Just switched out my TBL's lower playfield ball and it is truly classic (resin ball) looking now. A top 10 "bang for your buck" mod to be sure!

your pic:
7f3d2a0d5d96f0d03e8bed24e2a37b4b81769ac0 (resized).jpg7f3d2a0d5d96f0d03e8bed24e2a37b4b81769ac0 (resized).jpg

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

... where to buy?

Black Pearl Pinball Balls | Back Alley Creations

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/black-pearl-pinball-balls

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, got my hands on the work of Koen till now on his quest to rel 1.00. ...
Those wanting more function in the bowling will be pleased. ...

An already great game to be even better! Very cool DP Dudes - thanks in advance!

#3014 2 years ago

Cool! I bought a gold ball from Back Alley Creations as well to check it out. They're not cheap, but look nice! I put it in my POTC for experimental variety.

Stuck with black on TBL though as the Dude's ball is black.

2 weeks later
#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

... what are owners to do once the motherboards are no longer available? ...

Lets go bowling (resized).jpgLets go bowling (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Does anyone have mirror blades on their game? Where can I buy the correct ones?

Got mine (Wms/Bally) here Dude:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#3106 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Does the game have a family mode setting?

Fuckin' A it does Dude!

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Both of my flippers feel mushy. I used to be able to backhand mark it zero off the left flipper but no longer have that responsiveness. What adjustments can be made if any to the flippers themselves?

Beyond position and coil strength (physical/mech adjustment and setting adjustment, respectively)?

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Just made a custom topper for my TBL. Considering some lights to really tie the whole together. Any suggestions?

How about adding a bowling ball (or two)? Be sure to use plenty of hot glue though!

#3125 2 years ago

time-to-bowl-Big-Lebowski-style (resized).jpgtime-to-bowl-Big-Lebowski-style (resized).jpg

#3132 2 years ago

Bedankt aan iedereen bij Dutch Pinball!

Geniet van de vakantie!

#3139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had Christmas lunch at the factory. And what is that without a White Russian !!
Happy Christmas to all you dudes from us all !!

Thanks Rens - that is a tasty looking White Russian!

Merry Christmas to all TBL Dudes everywhere!

4 weeks later
#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just want to give a shout out to CPR9999 for his lighted Hollywood Lanes sign. It is well-designed, easy to install, and looks great![quoted image]

Absolutely! I believe I've added all of CPR9999's fine mods, as well as numerous others, to my TBL and I think, that without a doubt, this is one of the best all-round mods that you can add to your game! REALLY helps to light and identify the upper playfield bowling alley!

Seriously Dudes ... it's that good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/59#post-6583168

3 weeks later
#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone install cliffy's for TBL?
Has them on his what's new site: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Wonder how difficult to install.

I installed them on my game. Pretty standard PITA/tedious stuff of having to remove various plastics, left wireform, ball return accessory, etc., but not too bad overall.

No gameplay issues afterwards (which has occurred occasionally on other games I've installed them on).

Thumbs up!

#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Right on - good to hear - I'm a little concerned disassembling such a prized machine - without knowing WTF I'm doing - is there any guide/instructions provided or is it relatively easy to figure out?

No real instructions per se. Fairly straight forward stuff. Just take it slow; use a magnet tool to snag nuts and washers as you remove them; and only remove what's necessary.

Taking photos as you go is always best (and safe) - especially if you're new to playfield disassembly.

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This is just sad and tells the story of the pinball hobby at this moment. The hobby is simply infested with people who are in this for no reason but to flip for profit. Clearly no intention to open and enjoy these games. And it’s not just this game but literally ever single game now. Pretty sad. What was for some a joyful moment to get their long awaited purchase is for others simply a mechanism to exploit and profit. Then people complain about manufacturers raising prices but can you blame them?? Don’t be shocked when this game goes up again in price to 15k NIB for new orders.
[quoted image]

Why are you including the "Big Lebowski - Mods" seller in with flippers? He makes great (and reasonably priced as mods go) accessories for TBL!

2 months later
#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:RIP
The Dude’s Landlord In The Big Lebowski, Jack Kehler, Is Dead At 75

Same guy as in the game's match sequence.

Bummer man.

3 weeks later
#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I am having the hardest time adding art blades to my TBL. No issue with the right one with the upper playfield. But the left one keeps getting ripped while adding. I have gone through two sets already.

I always use the wet method when installing pinblades, but TBL's tight playfield provided a bit more of a challenge. I successfully installed them without removing the playfield (didn't want to tackle lifting this on my own), but then ended up catching and tearing a gash in the left pinblade minutes later. ARGH!

Rather than buy a new set of art blades to replace the left one, I opted instead to go the route that a prior TBL owner had posted pics of and purchased a set of mirrior blades instead. My TBL now has a mirror blade on the left side and an art blade on the right. A bit unconventional perhaps, but so was the Dude, and ... this arrangement kind of reminds me of a bowling alley interior more.

TBL left pinblade - mirror (resized).JPGTBL left pinblade - mirror (resized).JPG

TBL right pinblade (resized).JPGTBL right pinblade (resized).JPG

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Pinball Life should advertise these better as I still see posts all the time about ripping the side art on machines. I did that once on my Hobbit as I wasn't aware these existed and it has never happened again. Why risk it? Spend the $35.

Yeah - these are great! I use them religiously now. I actually had them at the time I installed my TBL pinblades, but wasn't in the habit of always remembering to insert them.

A ruined pinblade within minutes of installation and lesson learned! Now I no longer forget.

1 week later
#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I'm part of the club now! SO Excited! ... and 2) my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time. How about you guys? does yours do the same thing when you hit a nice crisp left loop shot? ...

Congrats Dude!

Donny orbit shot going SDTM is a common issue discussed numerous times. Do a search in this thread using key word "Donny".

Also - this is a mod developed and sold by a fellow TBL owner to address this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_-craft_supplies_and_tools&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASztIgU6doXZdW4Zxl8E--PFFcecjGMHhAAN0J6sk08Iant8-REHEkaAlBNEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12665398257_121762925993_511610210343_pla-295462056867_c__1088825021_12768591&utm_custom2=12665398257&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASztIgU6doXZdW4Zxl8E--PFFcecjGMHhAAN0J6sk08Iant8-REHEkaAlBNEALw_wcB

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Where is the ball supposed to go from the Donny orbit? Mine hits the outer tip of the right flipper, but I’m not sure if that’s correct.

Left ideally, but anything other than SDTM is a plus obviously.

Added 21 months ago:

#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Happy to say I'm finally in the owners club. Absolutely love the game! I bought the launch button mod thinking it's an awesome idea, but was not super pleased with the execution, so I decided to make my own. Still need to print inserts for the finger holes, which will be white, and I think I'll have a pretty sweet mod!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the TBL club Dude!

Good luck on your launch button mod refinements -
it's always cool to see new energy in mod productions for games that truly deserve them!

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just joined the club. Should be here next week! Super excited! What is the consensus on the starry apron, is it worth it? Also, can it be added later?

Congrats & welcome Dude! Such an immersive and fun game - enjoy!

Yes (IMHO) - a starry apron would be an outstanding choice! The blinking star effect from the original movie's featured bowling alley plus the various cool attract mode effects are worth it alone!

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Are all the latest machines shipping with the 0.58 code update? Are there any plans for additional code updates in the near future?

Full code update in progress by DP. No set delivery date.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

While I impatiently wait for my TBL, I wanted to start working on my DIY topper to distract myself. Could someone take a measurement of the top their back box for me? Thank you in advance!

28-3/4" W x 9-3/4" D

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got my "topper" today! Cheers to hoping the museum putty keeps him up there!
Link: The Dude Sixth Scale Figure (Exclusive) by Sideshow Collectibles
Museum Putty: amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Sweet - congrats on the "topper" addition!

You should treat your mini-Dude to some additional putty (or alternate fastener) though - that crotch holder looks downright painful!

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For beta testing purposes this is indeed possible. If this possibility will make final version, not decided yet.

That would be cool as that's the only way I'll probably get to see The Dude Abides final wizard mode.

I think the most modes I've completed in a single game is three. I tend to focus on the Mark it Zero mode as it earns an extra ball, but hitting the saucer can often be a huge challenge for me unless I'm in a groove with my right flipper tip shots.

LOVE the game nonetheless, and I'm really looking forward to Koen's/DP's final code masterpiece!

1 week later
#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Does anyone make mirror art blades for the dude???

Yes. Same size as any to fit a Bally/Williams game.

#3696 1 year ago

"Phone's ringing Dude."

"Thank you Donny."

Quoted from Crispy:

So, anybody have a link to buy them?

I've ordered quality mirror blades from here, but there are other vendors too.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

1 week later
#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Very excited to join this club today!!! does anyone have instructions on how to install the laseriffic topper on this one? Thank you.

Congrats Dude!

No formal instructions that I'm aware of. I followed @cpr9999's installation post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/11#post-5290517

Strongly recommend purchasing his accessories "Power Adapter" wiring harness for topper connection as well as other mods!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Any chance Dutch will release an official topper? Maybe something interactive?
Something with the main feature being a Folgers Coffee can with a mini fan in it that tilts down to blow air at the player?
The Stranger sitting at the bar tying into the narration of the game?
The Nhilists running at you with scissors?

I like Laseriffic's topper.

20220701_125419 (resized).jpg20220701_125419 (resized).jpg

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

... the weed leaves aren’t as subtle as the dick and balls. We host high school sport team dinners, have my son’s 4th grade friends over. Sometimes it’s not good to mix business with pleasure even with the Little Acheivers ...

Ah well. I guess no "doobie mod" inside your TBL either then.

I'm fortunate to primarily host adults and my gameroom is set up as an adult environment. Full swearing on all games when available and no concerns with decor as long as reasonably tasteful.

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Oh, I got the doobie mod ready to go. It’s a bit more subtle.

Right on Dude - it's a must mod for me!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/72#post-2261681

#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My Lebowski shoes came in. Vintage for topper.

Such classic (as well as stylish) shoes!

I dig the Dude's "Gutter Balls" dream sequence silver & gold shoes and consequently painted & installed a mini version of one atop the Dude ramp in my game.

S3CeB33.gifS3CeB33.gif
20220801_124920_resized (resized).jpg20220801_124920_resized (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3859 1 year ago

Zoals altijd, bedankt meneer!

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Just checking in as a future owner, put down deposit w/ CT back in June. That's all for now, back to waiting

Congrats!

Check this out if you haven't already:

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Man, the "start character"/"mark it zero" saucer is really hard to hit. I had all the characters ready to go, and I drained two balls trying to hit that friggin thing and never got the multi ball going argggggh.

The Mark It Zero saucer can be ... challenging.

Sometimes it seems I can't hit it to save my life.

2 weeks later
#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Zach from Flipnout reached out and is selling his personal tbl if anyone is interested.

I though he already sold his a long time ago.

1 week later
#3955 1 year ago

I'm hoping the 1.0 code will reward you more for a strike than a spare when bowling.

Regardless, I know I'm gonna love it though!

1 week later
#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Just posting to say I had a chance to play this at Cointaker’s super awesome party. Had a blast with this machine. My wife loved it too and said we have to get one. So, since this dude must abide, I put a deposit on one last week. I know it’s gonna be a looooong wait. But, we are super excited!

Congrats Dude - it will be well worth the wait!

There's a reason why TBL has been steadily moving up in Pinside's "Top 100" and is still the favorite game in my collection. The soon to be delivered 1.0 code is going to make this gem sparkle even more too!

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I put all my pinballs on 4 balls ...

I don't feel quite as bad about not being able to match your fabulous high scores on TBL now Rens!

(my games are all set to 3 balls)

1 week later
#4028 1 year ago

Tried to upload new software zip file into game and got a message stating hard drive capacity exceeded - delete older versions to create space. Started deleting oldest versions and retrying upload and somehow ended up in Ubuntu OS screen.

Hooked up a mouse, and can operate as guest, but have no idea where to go from here. Checked manual and threads, but not seeing info on how to get back to new software upload.

Rens/anyone? Help will be most appreciated!

UPDATE: Solution (for potential future reference) - Go to "Reset version software TBL" section in Service Manual (starting on P 237 in rev 0.65)

Thanks Rens!

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Check page 237 of service faq. Have feeling that what’s described there is happening to you.

That was the info I needed - V1.0 now uploaded and successfully playing! THANK YOU Rens!

Only played one game so far, but LOVING that bowling performance is tracked with an actual separate game score so that strikes count for more than spares now.

#4085 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

And yes…Knox Harrington is incorporated into the game.

Yep - no mistaking that psychotic sounding giggle of his!

#4145 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I played some on my stream yesterday
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1625024560
... I find myself trying to collect Walter's ball first which stops the time on Mark it Zero.

My current go to strategy too. I've actually reset the Mark It Zero completion count to 5 again as I was completing this mode almost too easily since the code update.

Thanks for streaming the latest version Ben! It's nice to be able to sit back and observe all the new game features while someone else plays.

#4147 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

... the code should become more robust no doubt.

4. Keep collecting those level 1 mystery awards and you might be surprised

Thank you for the great TBL code Koen AND monitoring/providing input (along with Rens) on Pinside!

1 week later
#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

Is it just me or is bowling a little harder since the update? I'm seeing more splits than I used to but it is highly probable that I'm just trigger happy. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if it is harder.

Quoted from KSP1138:

I noticed that too. The regular 10 pin frames seem a bit harder to roll strikes, and I'm seeing more splits on shots that are just a little off that would have left a single pin on the old code.

Quoted from bemmett:

I 100% notice this too since updating. Used to get strikes probably 40-50% of the time now I would say it is 10-20% at best. I feel like I've played it enough to safely say it's not an anomaly, seems something has changed. I haven't touched any settings. Not necessarily splits either, it will leave like 1 pin in the middle sometimes or just some random mix of them

It is harder. These are league games now Dudes.

And for those keeping track, I currently need to aim a little to the right on my game.

1 week later
#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Going with mirror blades. Assuming standard Williams fits? ...

Yep - go with a Bally/Williams fit.

I ended up going both mirror & art - a couple of pics if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/72#post-6963173

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

... Does anyone have the black side art installed that can take a closer pic? ...

Quoted from mac2444:

... I have the black art blades and they look great. More understated and really tie in with the apron and the rest of the art.

Are these the "black" art blades you guys are referring to?

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-big-lewbowski-inner-art-pinblades-bally-williams

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I have the Tilt ones that Cwiehler posted the link for. I see why some would prefer the blue or mirrors but to my eye, these look the best.

I won my set of blue art blades as a prize from the former Pinball Podcast (w/ Don & Jeff), years before my TBL finally arrived, and have been happy with them. I have to admit though that now that I'm aware of the black version, I kind of like them better! I only need one though - for the right side of my game.

If anyone wants to split a set and take the left side blade, hit me up with a PM!

#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey KoenHeltzel First off ... thank you!!
Quick question for you: Is there any benefit to waiting to start all 5 characters at once other than just having as many balls, and shots, in play as possible? ...

Seconded - thank you Koen for your talented TBL codework!

And ... thank you #Auror for posting a code strategy related question.

1 week later
#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A real Lebowski fan here.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Topper item!

#4389 1 year ago

Something new in v1.0: that caught my attention:

A Bunny clip that popped up unexpectedly: "I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars."

Oh my!

LOVIN' v1.0!

1 week later
#4416 1 year ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

... Anyone have a clue what my wait time might be? Melissa said probably this summer but I would be thrilled to see it this time 2023. Just wondering what other people are experiencing.

Lots of order to payment to delivery time info here:

#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

After 16 patiently waiting months my new rug finally just arrived!
[quoted image]

Congrats Dude!

Check the box - I hear DP, as a special bonus, is including a game with every rug.

#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So my TBL arrived today and I’m just loving it. ...

Congrats and, welcome back Dude!

#4449 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hello everyone,
We have another update ready: v1.01

Successfully installed and played. Thanks Koen and DP team!

1 week later
#4500 1 year ago

"Veel geluk!' to our Dutch friends on Saturday's World Cup match!

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Strike !!
2-0 ...

Fuck it Dude. Let's go bowling!

#4515 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry guys but you put up a hell of a fight. You can leave the field with heads up high.
3-1 for Netherlands.
Back to TBL now.

Congrats to the Oranje!

Gonna shoot for a high score entry on my TBL today in their honor.

#4521 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

... Could be a good option to have especially for people who don’t play a lot of pinball. I had people over and they’re not paying attention all the time so having it on the screen would be helpful. ...

It's funny - I don't think this would matter for the majority of people that I have over that don't play pinball, as they're so overwhelmed and confused already on my modern games and just trying to flip the ball.

Just sayin'.

#4533 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Anyone have any pictures of the deluxe laser cut lit apron option for the extra 500 bucks? Preferably installed.

EA = Early Achiever (FWIW). Those who pre-ordered the game in 2014.

More info re: buying game here:

#4547 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

... are there any code updates and new modes coming in the future. Or is this a baked cake from Dutch and that's all she wrote.

The 1.0 (actually v1.01 now) cake was in the oven a LONG time and is very tasty!

Don't just take others' word for it though - go play TBL yourself or watch a stream. Here's one that features a lot of the v1.0 code:

2 weeks later
#4640 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

... Soon in a theater near you

Brandt (resized).jpgBrandt (resized).jpg

#4656 1 year ago

Very cool to find this under the tree this AM!

Merry Christmas and thank you to all at Dutch Pinball!

#4761 1 year ago
Quoted from adamjx:

I have a new TBL and just started experiencing a dead right flipper. If I pull up the playfield and power it up, the right flipper works fine...drop the playfield and it goes dead again. I don't see anything out of place or obvious. Any ideas?

Might be too obvious, but I'd try checking your right flipper's wiring circuit for something that may be physically interfering with it in the playfield down position. Try reseating all connectors and move the wiring slightly to eliminate potential conflicts. You may also discover a bad circuit point in the process.

#4763 1 year ago

Very sorry to hear of playfield issues on recent games. TBL is such a great game and I hate to see an additional challenge for DP's manufacturing of it.

FWIW - I've had to deal with playfield clear issues on a number of my JJP games, and was very relieved to find my TBL's (game manufactured in 2020) playfield in perfect condition after checking it yesterday.

#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Adjust the leaf switch on the pop bumper from underneath the playfield - is my guess.

I concur. Appears to be a too tightly gapped pop bumper switch that is overly sensitive to playfield vibrations as a result. Adjust it and you should be good to go @Chicagoland.

3 weeks later
#5037 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I really want this pin damnit

As you should. There's no other pin quite like it!

jesus-biglebowski.gifjesus-biglebowski.gif

1 week later
#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is there a way to adjust the sound settings to have more bass? Has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer? Any speaker light kits? Thanks in advance.

I connected a Polk sub to mine. And speaker lights (cpr9999's kit).

I'm pleased with both upgrades.

#5130 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Aligator clip style? Or the pinnovators system?

Nothing fancy - just tapped the subwoofer feed off of the leads to the bottom cabinet woofer.

1 week later
#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any scoring advantage to stacking the character multiballs like on Medieval?

That's why there is a cancel option (when the saucer is lit for multiple actions). I always try to activate as many characters as possible before starting the character multiball.

#5163 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s the cancel? Both button press?

Press the bowling ball button, as soon as the multiball starts, to cancel it.

You don't have this option though if multiball is the only thing lit at the saucer.

1 week later
#5227 1 year ago

TBL trivia (FWIW):

The Dude says “man” 147 times in the movie, or about 1.5 times a minute.

The word “dude” is used roughly 161 times.

The F-word can be heard 292 times.

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I had this happen multiple times. That's why nowadays I have an "extra", regular pinball right in that spot where yours jumped to. I also have those 2 plastic ball mods in the same placement as yours. Putting an extra, regular pinball in the exact place where yours jumped to has made it so anytime a ball flies over there it makes its way back to the playfield.

I put a 3rd mini bowling ball there. Looks even better, but I still get a stuck air ball there occasionally.

#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

... What are the thoughts on the Gutterballs topper?

Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I have the Gutterballs topper and I really like it. ...

Me too. Great topper for the game!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/76#post-7051320

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My vote is Matrix

My (wish) vote is The Fifth Element

#5270 1 year ago

Why would I be kidding (from a wish standpoint)? Cool, entertaining, and humorous sci fi movie. And ... full of interesting characters and memorable scenes like The Big Lebowski.

Would make a great pinball theme and DP would do a great job.

2 months later
#5629 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

...Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? ...

Eat great pizza!

I miss it.

3 months later
#5959 7 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here some more pictures ...

Very cool! Looking forward to adding the toilet/dropped ball mod in particular.

LIOR AoP TBL toilet mod (resized).jpgLIOR AoP TBL toilet mod (resized).jpg

#5962 7 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Making an animated launch button for TBL.
Heres a snippet of a free rolling animation.
Have a thread on Pinside so keep an eye on it

Interesting! Lebowski spelling correction needed (if not already aware).

2 weeks later
#6017 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It is done (deposit). I am so weak. So weak and so happy.
And to celebrate - watching Big Lebowski w/ my son in the room tonite. How sweet is life!

Congrats Dude! Smart move to get on board for a TBL so you can better focus on doing so, as well, for Dutch's 2nd offering when announced soon.

#6029 6 months ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Thank you for the link, just ordered the apron. Also found this on the Cointakers site, which I ordered too. Beats the stupiditly priced Stern topper ...

Yep - I've had mine for years now. Great looking topper and has held up well!

#6032 6 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

One question - I damaged my coin door lock with a lift handle too close to the coin door with keys sticking out. I removed the lock. How can I keep my coin door closed until I can get a new lock?

Try painters tape.

Or you can always run plastic stretch wrap tightly around the cabinet if door resistance is too much for tape.

2 weeks later
#6111 5 months ago

Love the protectors, but the magnets were pretty ineffective on mine too. Haven't needed them.

#6113 5 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Over two weeks it’s Pinexpo time
Me and Barry will be there. Hope to see you Dudes there
[quoted image]

Will it (can it?) top Dutch's memorable TBL debut at the 2014 Expo?

New release penthouse party?

#6114 5 months ago

Dup

1 month later
#6322 3 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Anyone ordering one? I am on the fence…

Pre-order placed by me. Adds to the Dude vibe and I'm looking forward to adding it to my TBL!

#6341 3 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

There is also a White Russian and many White Russians on the playfield.

As well as bowling pins (which a lot of owners have added to the spot where the toilet mod will go) all over the place.

#6343 3 months ago

Nicely done.

And for those interested, here's an official overall playfield photo with the mod installed:

IMG_3820 (resized).jpgIMG_3820 (resized).jpg

#6350 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Gang,
Are all Lebowski builds valued the same?
As I read here it seems early builds (I’m unsure the cutoff) had playfield issues.
Then there was corrections.
Can anyone who is super knowledgeable want to chime in with some basic approximate build dates and what the improvements were along the way?
ie 1/2016 original builds, 2/2018 changed playfield mfg, 4/2108 started shipping with this fix.

I can't cite specific mfg dates, but early builds (2015 - 2020 or so) did not have playfield issues as far as I'm aware. My TBL, which was built in 2020 has none.

#6385 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

... As a piece of art unto itself, it’s very nice (wall art version - good). On the pin, it’s overpowering, towering over, and drowns out the back box. Like adding grenadine to a White Russian. But, hey. That’s just like my opinion, man.

Agreed. Love the artwork, colors, and lighting as a wall art piece. As a topper, it looks disproportionately large to me.

Gonna stick with my Laseriffic Gutterballs topper.

Nice to have options though!

#6412 3 months ago

The flipper mechs (the plastic part that cuts the opto) here are a little wider than normal. This means you can't really do microflips etc as easily as other machines.
Two options, both of which I've spoken to DP about:
1. Shave down the flipper plastics to mimic other similar games. Dangerous, I don't want to be without the game
2. Switch to leaf switches.
Best

Or - just don't sweat it. The game plays wonderfully as is (IMHO).

#6458 3 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

... And is there supposed to be a remote with the topper?

No remote.

#6466 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you can bet your ass if bought from that guy its expensive as hell.

Yep - Lior's mods are very nice, but co$tly. I don't think the $229 price for the toilet mod is particularly out of line given the prices curently being charged for many other mods on the market though.

I CAN get by w/o the fancy packaging he uses. Does come in handy should I need to resell one, but I wouldn't store it otherwise.

#6485 3 months ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

8 years and 5 days. Hard to believe it’s actually here. Thank you DP for your perseverance and integrity.

Congrats Dude!

#6493 3 months ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Chiming in on the Toilet mod. I just got mine today, ...

Mine arrived today - looks fabulous! Classic TBL!

"Where's the money, Lebowski? Where's the fucking money, shithead?!"

"Uh ... uh ... it's down there somewhere. Let me take another look."

#6510 3 months ago

my spotlight takes abuse. The bulb is now taking to popping out and then we have to stop the game and pull the glass.
Any fixes for this?

Quoted from ezatnova:

Common issue for spotlights. Just got glue

Ditto this (intended) advice - hot glue is your friend. Just a spot or two between the bulb and reflector should do the trick.

#6540 3 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Man, was really hoping to order a Lior topper for Christmas. No joy in 2023, I guess. Excited to see 2024’s offerings.

It will be right out after his GnR topper.

#6556 3 months ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Does anyone have a LED "Hollywood Star Lanes" sign by CPR9999 for sale? Also looking for his decals .
Ive been trying to reach him with no luck for months

One of the very best TBL mods IMO and well worth the effort of procuring. Good hunting!

#6562 3 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Are there different editions of TBL? I'm enjoying one that I just traded an Indy for.
I've seen an achievers edition which seems to just have the stary apron and chrome coin door.

Early Achievers receive (as a bonus for pre-ordering and then waiting years) a lit starry apron with script "Achiever Edition" title and EA badge on their game. No chrome door.

#6565 87 days ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Looks like the best art blades still available are from cointaker and same with the topper, the laseriffic bowling ball weed topper from cointaker.
Figured I’d ask if anyone knows any blades or toppers currently available?
I know there’s one mentioned in the thread but it’s not available.
Also, has anyone done mirror blades? If so what do you think and what ‘brand’ or ‘style’ did you get?

A search via "Find in topic" above with "mirror" as key word will result in lots of past mirror blades posts and pics.

#6567 86 days ago

You're welcome!

Merry Christmas Dude!

#6582 86 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Love art of pinballs work usually but that toilet just looks bad. Damn - was going to buy it after I heard about it but just a miss for me (and he makes some of the nicest mods ever)….

To each their own (of course). I love how the toilet mod looks - really adds to the game!

20231223_113728_resized (resized).jpg20231223_113728_resized (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6728 68 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For Lior's toilet mod, the bright white was driving me insane ...

Ooh! I see a sales opportunity here - the "Toilet Clog" mod!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.