Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travahontas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2532 2 years ago

We installed .56 tonight with success as well... may have alleviated a previous freezing issue - time will tell...

Question, though: Can y'all help us understand what's supposed to happen when you're plunging WHILE holding the right flipper button? Display indicates it should go up to the upper playfield, but it just barely plunges the ball and doesn't even make it to the pop bumper lanes, let alone the upper playfield...

Thanks!

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

For the right flipper / bowling skillshot, the ball should be plunged into the VUK and shot up to the upper playfield. This is actually the idle position of the "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid.
The plunge is softer than if the ball IS diverted towards the loop/jets, but should still be plenty to make the VUK. Sounds like your diverter is stuck or something like that. Can you test your "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid in the solenoid test? You should be able to see its behavior peeking down the spinner lane.
If that doesn't help, can you share a video?

Thanks! The impression we were getting was the soft plunge (as you describe it) was too soft... After the first plunge failed and slid back down the shooter lane, the game would automatically re-try with a harder plunge and it went over to the pops, so a diverter issue could make sense! We'll look into it.

#2536 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
Two scenarios come to mind (pure speculation by me):
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

Thanks again - I'll let you know what we discover!

2 weeks later
#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

After troubleshooting this a little more, we confirmed the diverters are working, but both skill shots (holding left flipper button or holding right flipper button) seem to plunge a bit too weakly. Sometimes holding the left flipper button only makes it halfway and finds the Jesus VUK, and sometimes holding the right flipper and plunging never makes it all the way to the Jesus VUK... and sometimes they work OK. There's no rattling in the shooter lane or any indication it's not a clean launch. It's possible there's dirt on the orbit - the machine seems to still be shedding sawdust type debris... we've been cleaning what we can see but haven't removed the upper playfield to get access to that part of the orbit.

A setting for the soft plunges would certainly be welcome!

Thanks!

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you a normal launch, which ends in the Maude lanes, than all is fine? Eg it gets up there just as you would expect?

Yeah - normal launches to the Maude lanes always work fine. Thanks!

1 week later
#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Quoted from Rensh:

Puzzling. This should mean no mechanical issues are present in the launcher coil if it’s consistent. Also the coil power for left button skillshot (rug skillshot) or no button is the same so why would a rug skillshot not make it and a Maude lane makes it? Are you sure it’s 100% consistent?
Can you pls make a video which shows all three types of launch and mail this to [email protected]?
Thanks.

SOLVED - Your first presumption was correct. The launch coil plunger was aiming a little left.

I took some ‘slow motion’ video on my iPhone and I perceived some ratting type motion in the shooter lane on the failed launches. Looking down the bore sight of the shooter coil it looked a little aimed to the left. After loosening the bracket mounting nuts and getting the coil bracket snug up against the side of the playfield, it appears to be aimed more along the center of the shooter lane. No failures since then! Thanks again for the helpful advice!

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

Great concept!

4 weeks later
#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Orbit Protector Update
------------------------------------
Hey Folks, the first 10 invoices have gone out, (7 paid and have been shipped). keeping track of the orders manually has proven to be quite challenging for over 40 orders. So for those that have not yet received an invoice please order through Etsy. The advantage is getting proper address information, the variants are easy to set up in the system, and you get tracking and updates. This will streamline the speed at which I can get these out to you all.
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/FactoryofFun/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632260801866
Thank you!

Are you planing another protector/deflector for the Maude rail? Donny rail protector/deflector works great!

2 weeks later
#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Referencing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537553
Made a stack of extra translucent mirrored plastics pieces for the TBL lighted apron mod. These are to replace the orange text and make it white/mirrored. I think these will only fit the standard lighted apron, not the EA one. Read my earlier post for what's involved to install and DM me if you'd be interested. These are just left over material from my mod project. I'm not planning to make anymore. I'll be at expo next week. If you let me know beforehand I'll just give you one there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool of you. Great subtle/classy mod.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Finally, big thanks to Chris at pinball plating and good friend Rob who helped install the chrome rails to finish the game. What a difference!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fabulous!

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Does it seem correct that the Donny loop is a 100% SDTM drain every time, unless I hold the right flipper so it just clips the tip of it? If I don’t press a flipper it’s dead every single time. Seems like a poor design.

The "no deflection" version worked perfect to fix this for us.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Wow! I’ve been googling for something like a shallow ramp shape with adhesive but this is awesome. Interesting that the description acts like the no deflection style only protects the the ball from the edge of the metal while the deflection one changes the path from SDTM. Might just get both styles and check them out. Thanks!

That's exactly what we did - ordered both and tried them

2 months later
#3157 2 years ago

We are streaming TBL tonight on Twitch (8pm US Central time) from the Wormhole - come check it out!
https://twitch.tv/wormholepinball

9 months later
#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Joined the club yesterday!!
Pin was nicely packed, no damage suffered during shipping.
The Stary Lit Apron I ordered was not included as I anticipated, but Melissa got back to me pretty quick to let me know that one will be sent to me once they are available, they did not want to wait on getting the games out.
Other than that, the game is beautiful and built like a tank. I’ve played a few TBLs over the years, but the flippers on this one feel a lot more solid, snappy, and responsive. Very happy about that. The chrome trim really dresses the game up. I was presently surprised by the weight and quality of the back glass. This is the first time I’ve played the game in a home environment, and the sound is awesome.
The only real issue I’ve encountered up to this point is the Maude switches. Slow moving balls in the pop bumper area get stuck up on the switches, and I need to shake the machine to free the ball loose. Seems the switch arm is set too high and catches the ball. Hoping more play breaks them in to loosen them up, otherwise I’ll need to adjust them to lower them.
The theme integration is so freaking good. I cannot imagine what v1.0 will add to make it even better on top of what it already is.

That’s great to hear about your experience with more responsive flippers. Unresponsive flippers (couldn’t micro-flip at all) was my only complaint on the one I played (many many times) and what has made me hesitate to order one. Hmmmmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travahontas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=Travahontas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.